• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 11,521 Views, 367 Comments

Equestria meets the Vasto Lorde. - Phoenix Archangel



When an amnesiac Hollow appears in Equestria, will it spell destruction? Or something unexpected?

  • ...
32
 367
 11,521

Interrogation and Escape

As Shining Armour and Beating Heart made their way towards the creature's makeshift cell, an Earth Pony Guard trotted up beside them from another hallway.

"What's the news on that sword, Lieutenant?" Shining asked the guard, idly stepping aside to allow nurses to continue their duties, ignoring the wanting gazes they directed his way.

Lieutenant Steady Shield glanced askance at his superior, sighed and replied, "It's nothing we've ever seen before, sir." "We know that," Shining stated, a little irritated at the obvious answer that was given. Steady Shield looked more directly at his commander this time.

"Permission to speak freely, sir?"

"Granted," was Shining's reply with a raised eyebrow. Surely, he could answer a question to a simple matter without a request like that, right?

Steady let out an explosive sigh, shook his head and looked up at Shining before saying, "It should be damaged, sir. According to the Elements of Harmony, and your sister, that monster used that same blade on the Ursa first, then Princess Luna. And yet, there's not even a stain on it. Tartarus, we even got the local blacksmiths, as well as the Royal Blacksmith, to have a look at it. All of 'em gave the exact same report and I agree with it.

That sword... it isn't natural. It's not just made out of a metal we don't know about, it feels... well...," glancing aside before returning his gaze to him, Steady unsteadily asked, "Sir, do you promise not to laugh or anything?"

Concerned for the Lieutenant, who was known as a solid poker player, Shining nodded.

"It feels... alive."

"That's not all it is," a new, gruff voice stated from behind them, revealing a dark-tan Pegasus stallion with an anvil for a cutie mark, as he trotted up behind them, extending a curled wing, "It's made of the toughest metal I've ever seen." Uncurling his wing showed a most eye-opening sight - a standard steel mallet, as would be expected of a blacksmith. With a chisel embedded into one face, the sharp end surrounded by shards of its wooden grip. "Tried swingin' with every Celestia-damn thing I had," the blacksmith explained, "Even got one'a the unicorns to cast a weighing spell on the mallet. Even with all that..." he nodded to the fused tool in his wing, "Not even the smallest scratch."

========================

Twilight mentally counted to thirty, to ensure that Shining was far enough, before closing her eyes and focusing, her horn sputtering to life as she fed what magic she had into the spell. Applejack, glancing at the odd light that appeared from the corner of her eye, looked over and asked, "Whatcha doin, sugahcube? The doc said ta not use yer magic."

"Well, it's not a spell," Twilight said, eyes flickering under their lids, "Not entirely anyway. I'm just looking for the creature's magical signature." When she found what she was looking for, she released the magic with a relieved sigh before throwing back the sheets. That got the whole groups attention.

"Um, Twilight, where are you going?" Fluttershy asked, sinking slightly into her mane, "That is, if you don't mind me asking..."

Smiling a little at her friends concern, Twilight slid out of bed, swaying slightly as dizziness overtook her, before responding, "I just have a few questions about the creature, that's all."

At this, Rainbow and Applejack let out a scoff, shaking their heads, while Rarity sighed, Fluttershy nodded and Pinkie just grinned. "Was wondering how long that'd take," Rainbow said, a cocky grin on her face, before turning to look at Rarity, "Rares, you reckon you can snag a wheelchair?"

Twilight looked at her bedridden friend in confusion, asking, "Why do you need a wheelchair?"

"You aren't the only one with questions, darling," Rarity explained, a wheelchair encased in a light sapphire glow being wheeled next to Rainbow's bed, "And we simply can't let you see it alone, now can we? Good heavens, it may even try something."

"Well, Shiny said that they had it chained up," Twilight began, before a full smile formed, "But I'd love to have all of you there beside me."

"Heh, well, while I'm there, it won't try anything," Rainbow grinned, wincing as Fluttershy and Applejack manoeuvred her into the wheelchair, "Cos if does, I'll give it a face-full of awesomeness!" she finished, throwing in a bit of shadow-boxing at the end.

Applejack, looking at her with a deadpan stare, said, "Just like ya did when ya'll bucked it in tha face and busted yer legs up?"

========================

Jerking on my chains seemed to do little, aside from making a rattle echo throughout the room. I growled as I settled back down.

'Well, look at this FINE mess you got us into,' Instinct spat, 'All because you wanted to save a stupid horse.'

"You started that fight and you know it," I muttered darkly, "so really, this is YOUR fault." Any further conversation was put off when the door opened, revealing a group of the ponies. One of them, a unicorn, strode up to me.

"Now then, creature," he said, his armour gleaming in the light, "I want to know your name, where you're from and what's under your mask. But I think I'll start with," his horn began to shine, a chair dragging itself from the side of the room to behind the unicorn, who sat down, "Why you attacked Princess Luna."

'She was a princess? Heh, was a pretty good fighter for a weakling shit title like that. Makes me wonder how good the Queen is,' Instinct muttered in my head.

Lifting my head, I glared at him with eyes brimming with anger as I spoke, "I didn't. She did. I don't have one and I don't know."

Confusion flickered across my interrogator's face before settling back to neutral. "Then, what reason did you give to attack her?"

"I didn't."

"Well, she wouldn't have attacked you for no reason. What did you do?" he pressed for answers that I had given him.

"Nothing," came the snarling reply.

The unicorn sighed, before continuing, "Well, I suppose if you want to keep to that load of minotaur manure, fine by me. Just makes it harder for your trial."

"MY WHAT?!" I roared, surging at him only to slam the chains straight as my horns came to a bare foot from his cocky, smirking face.

"Your trial," he repeated, his smirk staying exactly where it was, "For assaulting Royalty."

"SHE STARTED THAT DAMN FIGHT!" I roared at him, my unusual voice coming through clear, "I DID NOTHING TO PROVOKE HER INTO ATTACKING ME!" The knocking on the door interrupted the interrogation, as it swung open to reveal another pony in similar armour as my captor as well as six ponies, minus costumes, that I'd seen before.

My enraged eyes, however, landed on one in particular, who backed up a few steps as she began trembling in her purple coat when she saw the raw fury, that grew upon sighting her.

"You," I hissed, "you are the one who did this. The one that broke their word!" That caught all of their attention as they stared at the object of my ire as she stared at the floor. I felt a slight buzz, or hum perhaps, that directed my attention up and to the right. Focusing hard, a vague image of something straight and black wavered in my sight. My sword.

"I've had it," I stated as they all whipped their heads to look at me, "I've had enough of your shit," I said, looking at my interrogator, "I've had enough of your lies," I continued, looking at the one responsible, "And I've had it with being chained," I finished, twisting my hands to wrap the chains around them before gripping tightly.

The unicorn still seated in front of me scoffed, "Like you have a choice. Not even the Princesses could get out-" I interrupted him as, with all my rage behind the action, I clenched my hands tight and wrenched them away from the walls, shattering chains into fragments and yanking blocks of concrete out of the wall.

"Of... those," he finished weakly, as I shoved myself to a standing position, the chains around my legs, waist, chest and neck snapping. Taking a forceful stomp forward released my right foot , while a toss of my head to either side broke the chains from the manacles around my horns. Reaching down, I squeezed the chain around my left ankle before twisting it violently to the side, freeing myself of the last binding to this cell.

Twisting my head to where I felt my sword, I concentrated. My ex-interrogator noticed before assuming some of his earlier bravado, "Even if you broke those chains, there's no point doing magic - those cuffs around your horns will keep you from performing any magic."

He was stunned, as was I (though not as much), when the red ball reached its average size in seconds.

'I thought you didn't wanna hurt any of these weakings?' Instinct questioned, 'Not that I give a shit, but it's a hell of a step from saving 'em.'

'Things change,' I coldly replied, to his amusement, as I let my Cero free.

========================

Scootaloo, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Pipsqueak were walking towards the Ponyville General Hospital, three to visit Rainbow Dash and the last for Princess Luna. They had been going over ideas for cutie marks, Pipsqueak giving out some ideas while pointing out the dangers of some of the CMC's, until they came to a stop when a strange sound filled the air.

And a bright red light lanced out of the Hospital into the sky.

========================

I raised my arm in the direction of the hole I'd created, ignoring the screams of panic that followed my Cero, and opened my hand. As my sword flew towards me, I felt something trickling into my mind, even as the other occupants in my cell tried to wrap their minds around what I'd done. As I felt the handle of my sword slap into my palm, I allowed it to carry my arm in a wide circle above my head, missing my horns. As it swung its arc, black flames, edged in a dark, blood-like red, streamed from it to hang in the air.

"Getsuga," I stated darkly, the term coming to my mind as hundreds upon thousands of sensations ran through my mind. The unicorn closest to me seemed to understand the danger they were in, as he rose what was apparently some type of magenta shield to encompass himself and the rest of the group.

"TENSHOU!" I screamed, slamming my right foot forward in a step that cracked the ground around it and bringing my blade down in a slash, Instinct cackling insanely. And I felt that I recognised that cackle somewhere, as the flames that roared forward from my swing surged against the shield, carrying all of them with it as said shield fell.

========================

The CMC, plus Pipsqueak, stared in open-jawed horror as an explosion tore a large hole out of the front of the building, black flames rimmed dark red billowing with the smoke as several shapes arced to hit the ground in skipping rolls, barely missing the four foals on the roadway.

As they only had eyes for the injured ponies, as the shapes revealed the smoking, wounded Elements of Harmony, five Royal Guards along with a few doctors, nurses and previously lightly hurt ponies from wards, all missed the last shape that left a trail of smoke as it flew out of the destroyed building before it expanded, the figure it was following vanishing.

All, that is, except for a pair of eyes that witnessed it before hurrying to make its report, chittering all the while.

Author's Note:

Okay, hands up - who honestly thought that our Hollow would be stuck in those chains? Deus Ex Machina reasons included.

I actually had some difficulty getting the escape scene to my liking. I still think I coulda done better, but hey, if I wanna go back, I'll go back and fix it.

Also, PLEASE remember to give Bradledew Ender your thanks, cos without him, I wouldn't have been able to come up with this idea. Why have I asked this? 'Cos this is officially the last original chapter of his, minus my alterations. From now on, updates WILL be a little longer, two weeks at the VERY latest.

Upon my soul to Damnation Eternal I swear.

... What? Like I'd actually go through a crappy Pinkie Promise... (No offence to the Bronies. All offence to the Promise).