• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,451 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,451

PreviousChapters Next
Wilderness - Karrakaz

Written by: Karrakaz

Ever since she’d first met Fluttershy, Rarity had been impressed by the care and attention she gave to each and every one of the animals living at her cottage. And ever since they had become marefriends, Rarity had been much more involved in taking care of their many needs. Much to her surprise she had found that she actually enjoyed the warm, motherly feeling she got every time one of the fox kits curled up beside her, or a squirrel hid in her mane. She might have fussed once or twice, but after Fluttershy had taken to brushing her mane, she no longer had any objections.

She wasn’t as sure about making house calls however.

“Fluttershy, darling, is this really necessary? Can’t Harry come by the cottage, instead?” she asked, trying not to stumble on the uneven ground of the forest.

Next to her, Fluttershy shook her head empathically. “Oh no, he has a severe infection in his right paw. He shouldn’t be moving at all.” She pushed on, bending back ferns and dodging vines in her almost single minded determination to visit Harry the bear in his home, deep in the everfree forest.

“Then can’t we take him back to the cottage instead? I really don’t feel comfortable being out here.”

Fluttershy looked back at her with a small smile. “I told you, you didn’t have to come along.”

Rarity didn’t reply immediately, busy as she was fighting with a vine that had somehow gotten tangled up in her mane. When she had finally disentangled it, cut it up with her magic, and stomped on it a few times for good measure she finally replied. “And I told you, dear, I don’t feel comfortable having you go out here by yourself either.”

“We’ll be fine, Rarity. It’s just a little further.” Fluttershy trotted back and gave her marefriend a nuzzle and a kiss which made Rarity forget all about her troubles for a moment. The wilderness wasn’t her favorite venue, but she decided that, as long as she had Fluttershy, it wasn’t too bad.

PreviousChapters Next