• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,451 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,451

PreviousChapters Next
Forecast - Esle Ynopemos

Written by: Esle Ynopemos

Today's spa date had been wonderful.

So wonderful, in fact, that Fluttershy and Rarity could not bear parting company just yet, so they had walked together to Fluttershy's home and had lunch together. Lunch had been lovely, and stretched into afternoon tea. Tea had become a nice walk through Whitetail woods, which, by the time they returned, had become so late that they may as well fix dinner together as well.

All told, the sun had already sunk beneath the horizon by the time Rarity sipped the last of her wineglass—since such a fine meal deserved to have a nice glass of wine after to settle down with. A deeply content sigh rolled out of her as she set the empty vessel down on the table. “That was lovely, darling.”

Fluttershy, perched on a chair opposite the table from her, nodded her head. She still nursed the last few drops in her glass, savoring them as though the world would end once her wineglass was empty. “I had a good time,” she agreed.

Rarity stared at her friend and smiled. How long had that beautiful blush been there on her cheeks? Had it been there during their afternoon walk? Rarity couldn't be certain, and she realized the same went for the trace of heat lighting her own face as well.

Slowly, lethargically, Rarity rose to her hooves. “Ah, but I really should get back home. It's...” She glanced at the clock on the wall, and a giggle sprouted from her. “Oh, goodness, it's seven hours past when I intended to return!”

“Oh. Okay...” Fluttershy frowned into her glass.

Rarity tilted her head. “Is something the matter, darling?”

Fluttershy put a quick grin on her face. “No, of course not, Rarity. You probably should go home.” Her eyes flickered to the red drops in her glass and back to her friend. The grin faded. “It's just...”

“Just what?” Rarity blinked.

Fluttershy chewed her lip. “Well, I heard it was supposed to rain tonight.”

“Is it?” Rarity tapped her hoof on her chin. “I must admit, I don't remember the forecast for this week.”

“Oh yes.” Fluttershy nodded. “It's supposed to be a downpour, Rainbow Dash said. And, um... I know you didn't bring your umbrella. I'd hate for you to ruin your mane just because I kept you here too late and you got caught in the rain.”

“Hmm.” A sly smile slowly spread across Rarity's lips. “I would hate to impose, dear, but do you suppose it might be better if I wait out the storm here?”

Fluttershy's eyes shined. “I think that's a wonderful idea!”

On the wall, plainly visible to anypony with eyes, there hung a weather calendar. The whole week was marked for clear skies.

PreviousChapters Next