• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,451 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,451

PreviousChapters Next
Gone too soon - Karrakaz

Written by: Karrakaz

It’s happening again.

Fluttershy sighs softly and tries not to fidget. The rough wood of the couch chafes against her coat when she does that, and it would be terribly rude to Rarity. She looks over to the hearth, where her marefriend is humming a cheery tune as she works on her latest creation. She seems even happier than usual.

Fluttershy isn’t. Her courage has vanished again. For the sixty-seventh time, but who’s counting? Well, she is, but that’s not the point. The point is that it shouldn’t be this hard!

She sighs again and fluffs her wings, making sure her muscles don’t cramp up later.

“Please, darling, try to keep still.” Rarity’s voice is soft but firm; distracted, too. She’s always like that when she’s her own little world

“Sorry,” Fluttershy replies, once again feeling bad about herself. A stray strand of hair dangles in her vision. She blows at it out of habit, before using a hoof to tuck it behind her ear.

Rarity has gone back to humming, and she perks her ears, listening to the melody; it’s one of her own.

“Not much longer, darling. I’m almost done, I promise,” Rarity singsongs, poking her around the easel for another cursory glance.

Fluttershy smiles, barely catching herself before she nods. She has never thought of herself as a particularly active mare, but sitting still is harder than it looks.

It’s worth the time and the aches, though. She gets to see Rarity smile that enthusiastic smile of hers. She clears her throat, absently noting that she’s thirsty, and more than a little hungry.

“Aaaannnnnd... done!” her marefriend exclaims from behind the easel.

She steps off from her place on the couch and stretches each of her legs individually, having just enough time for one shake of each before Rarity steals her breath away with a kiss.

“You were marvelous, darling, as always,” she says after she pulls away, and again, Fluttershy feels that small fire of courage build up before it burns itself out.

Why can’t I do it?! Oh, Ponyfeathers.

She takes a deep breath and retrieves the small box which has been digging into her side for the last six hours. Rarity is watching her intently, curiously. But above all, lovingly.

She’s going to do it, just like she promised she would. “Rarity?”

Her unicorn smiles. “Yes, love?”

“W-will you... m—mmma...” Fluttershy shakes her head to clear the annoying din of impending panic from her ears and fumbles with the lock on the small velvet covered box. It springs open, revealing a pair of thinly braided silver necklaces, which each hold a gemstone rendition of a cutie mark at the end. “Rarity. Will you, marry me?”

The silence last just long enough for her to start worrying again. Did I wait to long? Did she forget? Oh, no. What if she doesn’t like them?

The worries don’t last, as Rarity embraces her and kisses the top of her head. She then another kiss on Fluttershy’s right ear before whispering: “I would love nothing better, darling.”

Just like that, all the pressure that has been weighing on her these last few months vanishes and she again feels like the happiest mare alive.

“I had an inkling it would be today,” Rarity says, slowly leading her to the easel. She laughs at Fluttershy’s confused expression. “Take a look, love.”

Heat blossoms in her cheeks when she sees the painting Rarity painted today. Right there on the canvas is an obviously nervous pegasus, her left wing covering her body at a slightly awkward angle, just enough for a pony watching closely to make out a small bulge beneath the inner primaries.

PreviousChapters Next