• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,451 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,451

PreviousChapters Next
Difficulties - Steel Resolve

Written by: Steel Resolve

The rabbit was staring at her again.

She could feel his hateful little eyes on the back of her head. He did this every time she spent the night, and always convinced Fluttershy of his innocence the following morning.

She turned and faced him tonight, nodding to him to let him know she was awake and aware of him. Very quietly, she slipped from under the covers and sat up, leveling her gaze at him.

He glared back, unmoving, defiant. She was the interloper here, and he would not give ground to her.

She whispered very softly. "Angel, must we do this every time I visit? I'm not going to stop coming, you know. She's my marefriend now, and you not liking me won't change that."

He mimed something very rude to her, and she tittered softly in response.

"I know, you don't think I'm good enough for her. But honestly, would anypony be? You and I have something in common, you know."

He put his paws on his hips, openly displaying his disbelief.

"Oh don't scoff, it's true. We both want more than anything else for her to be happy. Must we keep clashing every time I come over? She gets so upset when she notices, and believe me, she notices."

He looked at his master, shoulders slumping. Maybe... if it made her happy... The White one had a week's reprieve. If his pony's mood improved, hostilities would be halted on a semi-permanent basis. He conveyed his intent to the White one.

"I'll do everything I can, Angel. Shake on it?" She extended her hoof.

He grimaced, but hopped forward and held her hoof in his claws, shaking.

The White one nodded solemnly, lying back down next to his master. The Yellow one stirred, murmuring sleepily. He gave one last look to the pair, then hopped down the stairs to the hutch.

One week. The White one had better keep her word, or retribution would be swift and merciless. He eyed the chicken coop, noting with displeasure the lack of reaction as he passed. It was time to show them who ruled once more.

PreviousChapters Next