• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,451 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,451

PreviousChapters Next
Pride - The Princess Rarity

'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.' - an old, classic saying said by many. Unfortunately, not many ponies can all agree on the fact that it's true. Physically, yes, words can't do anything, but mentally? And harm to the feelings of one's soul? ...yes. It can hurt. Very much.

And when one is offended with such harsh statements - it's hard to ignore it.

Rarity would have never thought she'd be dealt with such a situation either.

But the words would never leave her memory, no matter what, they would continue to scar her.

She had heard countless sad stories about ponies like her, who had dealt with such cruelty, but never fought back. And she was going to have to submit to staying silent as well. It had been in the news more than once, crude verbal attacks on fillyfoolers and coltcuddlers... and she would only brush it off. Not really bother to worry.

Although, now that she was a victim...

Jet Set nearly twitched his eye as he glanced to Rarity, only before shaking his head in shocked disbelief. "Pardon me, but did she say 'wife'? As in... you're married to a mare?" he snapped. "Ms. Rarity, I'll admit that I don't know you all that well, but I'd say I'd think you know better than to do such... sick, twisted things. Please do tell me that somepony misspoke or that this is a horrible rumor. You are married to a stallion, are you not?"

Shamefully, she had lied. About who she loved. All because of her stupid, stupid reputation.

"I'm sorry," Rarity murmured softly as she looked outside the cottage window to see none other than Fluttershy, tending to her animals, like always.

She was happy, content... and blinded by Rarity's brave face.

PreviousChapters Next