• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 5,348 Views, 151 Comments

Apocalypse: Worlds End or New Beginnings - Blue dragon 116



One child is cursed with a unholy power the power to change into anything and make youre fears a reality. When he is sent to equestria by mistake can he help against the impending evil or will he just quicking the ponies fall into oblivion

  • ...
22
 151
 5,348

Terror reborn

"Thomas wake up Thomas."

My eyes snapped open as I gasped for breath and stared at the endless blue sky above me. For a long second I lie there panicking disoriented and fighting to catch my breath. When I finally caught my breath I rolled to my feet and stood to find myself in a endless field of swaying grass. Confusion dominated my thoughts as I gazed at the green all around me, where there was once only black. And then a voice floated to me on a soft breeze, making every muscle in my body tighten up and lock me in place. And there I remained until the breeze died down and the voice with it, only then was I able to turn and make my way in the direction the voice had drifted from.

For what felt like hours I walked through the grass, not a single thing changing. Until I heard the voice once more this time drifting from a small stand of trees nestled on the horizon. Without a second thought my relaxed gait turned to a full blow sprint as my clawed feet threw dirt and grass into the air with my passing. And in no time at all I reached the small stand of trees and barreled through them, not even bothering to slow down as I raced past the tress. Scrapping off bark and breaking branches as I ran blindly past them focusing only on that voice.

And then my eyes caught a glimpse of something that brought me to skidding halt. Just off to my left was a small clearing among the trees with something dancing between the trees. All I could see was the occasional glimpse of light red and hear that heavenly voice drifting towards me.

Slowly I turned and made my way to the clearing trying me best to get a good look at what was dancing between the trees. And just when I reached the edge of the clearing there was a flash and I was surrounded by white. Where there was once trees now stood familiar white walls, the sight making me stop and filling me with dread.

I recognized the room immediately, it was the room where I met Terra. And as if almost on Que the door flew open beside me and in came Terra. Making me shiver as I recognized what memory this was.

"Thomas, its almost time." Terra said as she quickly walked over to my younger self and wrapped him in a warm hug. " Are you ready to go?"

My doppelganger nodded yes, and the memory seemed to fast forward from there. Until it slowed once more and the conversation Terra and I had could be heard.

"Terra i'm scared." I'd said looking away as we sat on the bed going over the plan one last time. The room was silent while Terra seemed to ponder over what I'd said. Until a warm smile graced her lips and she turned my head to face her and said.

"Being afraid isn't a bad thing Thomas, in fact I see fear as a challenge. You see I believe fear has two meanings. It means you can forget everything and run, or you can face everything and rise. Its up too you to decide what it means for you Thomas."

The memory began to fade away after that until I was just on the edge of the clearing once more. But this time I could clearly see who stood at its center. There in the center of the clearing stood Timor, seeming not to have a care in the world. For a long drown out second I could do nothing but stare at the creature in front of me. Until he seemed to finally sense my presence and looked towards me.

"You know your friend was a very wise young lady Thomas, its a shame what happened to her" Timor said as he gave me a sad, caring smile. For a moment I returned his smile until rage began to boil inside me as one thought began to repeat itself over and over. "He could have helped, he could have saved them"

"I thought you were dead you bastard." I growled, smoke rolling from between my clenched teeth. "Your supposed to be dead and gone what are you doing here alive and well."

"Really Thomas I thought you were smarter than that." Timor said with a chuckle. "I relinquished all my power and all that I am to you thus...."

"Killing you and making me you replacement I know that." I interrupted stalking forward and leaning down to stare into Timor's eyes hatefully. "And yet here you are alive and well while those I love fight for their lives and i'm buried and as good as dead. So tell me why am I here and better yet why are you alive?" For what felt like a eternity Timor and I stared each other down neither making a move, until Timor began to chuckle. A chuckle that quickly changed to a full blow guffaw.

But his laughter was cut short as my temper got the better of me and I bathed Timor in flames. Only to be knocked away and onto my back by some unseen force. And as I regained my footing I turned to Timor once again, only to have the roar that was brewing in my chest come out as a strangled squeak.

Right before my eyes Timor seemed to be withering away. The flesh and feathers fell from his wings leaving only the bone, while his coat fell off his body to show grey skin pulled taunt across his bones. And eerie glowing balls of fire floating where his eyes should have been.

"I was wrong you are not worthy of my power." Timor said his voice ringing all around me while his jaws didn't move at all. " You have disgraced the gift I have given you by being to weak to wield it. You shall atone for this atrocity with your life, now prepare to die."

And just like that I was sent flying once more only to be batted another direction as Timor appeared before me and struck me again and again. What felt like hours passed while Timor batted me around like a tennis ball, shrugging off any form of counter attack I threw at him. Until finally battered and broken he let me hit the ground, and slowly began to walk towards me his horn glowing ominously.

My vision began to swim the closer Timor got to me and I began to panic. And once more a creeping chill began to crawl across my body as I lay there.

"Do you feel that chill that is covering you body Thomas." Timor mocked. "Do you feel a overwhelming sense of dread as your end looms over you. Tell me Thomas what do you feel?"

Anger flooded my mind clearing my vision long enough to glare at Timor before my head was knocked to the side, making my vision swim and dim.

"That is fear Thomas something you cant run from or beat down. It is a part of you just as much as your wings or claws are." Timor said as his shadow filled my fading vision. "It seems I have chosen poorly and Equestria and its people will have to pay the price."

Those last words struck me hard, making me see the stupidity with which I have been acting. Ever since Timor gave me his power I have thought myself immune to fear and would get pissed at myself whenever I felt it. And the one time I let myself be afraid everything was made right. But It only took getting myself beaten to within a inch of my life to see how stupid I truly was. With that in mind a small smile began to form as my lips trembled and I croaked.

"I will face everything and rise."

"What was that Thomas I couldn't quite here you?" Timor said and I could feel him lean in as if to listen to what I said.

"I will face everything and rise." I yelled snapping my head up and Knocking Timor away allowing me room to stumble to my feet. And I focused my fading strength and lashed out with my tail striking Timor across the side. And as soon as my tail struck, power and understanding flooded my senses.

"I may be afraid but fear does not rule me. I may be fear incarnate but that does not mean I am immune to fear." I mumbled to myself as I heard Timor chuckle beside me.

"It only took me beating you half to death to make you finally understand." He said as I turned to look at him.

"I now know what I was doing wrong, but I don't understand how you are here?" I said as I shook my head in confusion.

"You know dreams are quite powerful." Timor said as he began to walk away from me. "All dreams have a hidden meaning or purpose. Its your subconscious minds way of trying to help you out."

"Ok interesting trivia Timor but that dosn't answer my question. How are you still here?" I said, nearly running over Timor as he stopped suddenly and faced me.

"But Thomas my dear friend you see I was never truly here." And then everything faded away and I was left to mull over what was said and what just happened the last thing I saw was his Cheshire grin.



The future looked bleak from celestia's point of view the horsemen quickly defeated Thomas and forced her and her allies into the abandoned town behind them. All the while slowly picking apart her armies and never allowing them to gain any sort of advantage.

At the moment She her sister, Chrysalis, and the elements of harmony were doing their best to hold the horsemen at bay when the entire battlefield went dark and then silent. Confused the combatants look to the sky to see that the moon had moved in front of the sun and made a eclipse. Celestia was just about to ask her sister what she was trying to do when she heard the horsemen behind her say.

"Pestilence enough with your damned theatrics let us destroy these creature and be done already."

"Its not of my doing War, but it is truly a splendid show and the perfect time to make a entrance."

Almost as if on Que Chrysalis froze her eyes going wide, before she turned and ran screaming over her shoulder.

"Fall back, fall back, everyone fall back."

Startled the princesses and the elements gave chase in the dim light of the eclipse and their forces followed suite. And as soon as a large section of open ground was between them and the horsemen. The ground began to shake and the shadows flew from their places on the ground and began to line up in front of the horsemen. Making it look like the ground for miles in either direction was stained blacker than a starless night. And then the shadows began to move and lift from the ground as if alive and take shape while the silence was shattered.

All eyes were on the never ending tide of black as it began to shift and bubble like blisters. And when the bubbles ruptured they revealed terrifying creatures of varying shapes and sizes, all blacker than coal and with burning red eyes. One such creature stepped forward and issued a challenge in the form of a blood curdling shriek that was quickly picked up by its allies.

Silence reigned as all gathered stared at the new monsters that divided the battle field. The silence being shattered once more as the ground trembled and a low roar rumbled through the ground seeming to come from everywhere at once. And then a explosion sent the Horsemen's ranks into chaos and fire erupted from the crater where Thomas was buried. And then among the flames a massive shadow began to take shape and a voice echoed across the battle field, filling the equestrians with hope and causing the Horsemen to spin around in shock.

"Tell me fools will you face me and a army of terrors that will haunt your nightmares for eons to come." I growled as I stepped out of the flames, crushing enemies underfoot without a care and burning any unfortunate enough to be close to me.

"Or will you yield and accept your new master and leave this place in peace?"

A eternity seemed to pass as I waited for the horsemen's response. While their army did their best to look menacing, but I could see and feel the fear coming off the creatures smart enough to understand what was going on. Many shuffled away from me in the flickering light of the flames that danced across my bones.

"We will never accept a pathetic creature such as you as our master." War roared as he, Famine and Pestilence charged blindly at me their army splitting for them opening a clear path.

"Wrong answer." I said my skeletal face warping into a terrifying grin as all the flames across my body leapt off me and onto any enemy close to me. And I lowered my head level with the charging horsemen and I opened my cavernous jaws to unleash a geyser of flame that completely consumed anything in front of me. Screams and shrieks of agony filled the air along with the stench of burning flesh. And the flames slowly died away to reveal a severely burnt but still breathing War, Pestilence and Famine. And with a barely perceptible nod the terrors I summoned surged forward like a black tide of death, and swept the horsemen's army away like sand before the high tide. The three wounded Horsemen put up a good fight taking countless numbers of my minions to the grave with them. But they where inevitably overrun and torn apart by the tide of terrors.

Slowly I turned and faced Death the final remaining threat and watched as he effortlessly batted away my army and still kept his gaze on me. I began to approach him at a relaxed pace what remained of his army was either scattered to the winds of being torn apart so I had nothing to fear from them.

"Surrender death and you wont suffer the same fate as your brothers." I growled my voice echoing across the battle field. "You have lost, you are completely surrounded heed your masters command and yield. Or you may face me one on one for the right to be your master."

Death didn't even give time to consider as he charged me and began his assault. All of his attacks bounced harmlessly off of me while the majority of mine missed thanks to his superior speed, but I was quickly shrinking the space he had to move around. Sensing this Death began to search for a escape rout only to find none. But then as he looked behind me a grin began to form on his face and then he just disappeared leaving me starring at the spot where he was, stunned. Until a startled scream and wave of terror forced me to spin around and see death standing over Chrysalis his scythe pulled back and ready to strike. And then the weapon began to move in slow motion as I charged blindly to try and beat the odds and get to them in time. But quickly became apparent I was too slow and wouldn't make it in time. First fear and denial began to weigh down my feet as I ran and the blade drew closer. But then the fear was replaced with rage and determination and with a ear splitting roar and a blinding flash I stood over Chrysalis but could do little else as the blade continued its deadly ark. In a last ditch effort I shifted forms and spread my legs in a wide stance and slammed my hands together hoping to catch the blade and stop it. Only to have pain erupt in my chest and nearly knock me off my feet as my vision swam. When My vision cleared I looked down to see the tip of deaths scythe buried in my chest why he smiled triumphantly at me and said.

"I knew I could never beat you in a fair match so I found something that would force you to make a mistake."

Death continued to smirk at me as he pushed harder on his scythe burring the blade deeper in my chest and chill my body to its core. As the blade sunk deeper my skin began to grow cold and then harden as if it was stone. Surprised I looked back and forth between my chest and death to see my flesh was indeed turning to stone and that was how death planned to defeat me. He used my loved ones as a ploy to catch me off guard and turn me to stone sealing me away forever.

The stone began to creep slowly at first as I fought it, but the longer I fought the more exhausted I became until the point came I could fight it no more. I spared a glance around me to see Chrysalis crying beside me her mouth moving but her words falling on deaf ears. Then I looked once more to Deaths smiling face and wondered had the servant really beaten the master. And then a thought hit me and my back went rigid the sound of cracking stone filling the air. Deaths expression went from a victorious smirk, to surprise and a look of complete shock as the stone that was encasing my body crumbled. And I held his scythe that was buried in my chest in my hand and ready to strike.

"Death listen to me and accept what I say as the truth." I said as I impaled him on his own scythe and then shifted forms once more towering over him as the flames that covered my bones threatened to burn him.

"I have assumed the mantel of the avatar of fear and your master. You and your brothers have directly disobeyed me and as punishment you all shall remain in hell until the time I see fit to summon you, now begone."

With that said I drew my head back and then let loose hell fire from my jaws and burned Death until nothing remained of him save the charred ground in which he stood. When Death was defeated the sky lit up once more with the warm rays of the sun and Chrysalis tackled my neck from the side wrapping her full body around it in a hug. And I could barely hear her speaking to me and even tried to speak in return when a chill began to run up my body from my tail up. Dread consumed me as I whipped around and saw the flames that danced across my body flicker and die out. My scales appearing in there place, only to have them turn to stone and continue in this way up my body. I could feel terror almost wash away my senses as I turned around to find Luna and the rest alongside Chrysalis all starring at me as my body slowly turned to stone.

"Hurry sister we must do something to save him" Luna said running forward her horn aglow as she tried to combat the stone that was overtaking my body.

"I'm sorry Luna there is nothing we can do." Celestia said making both Luna and Chrysalis bristle and turn to glare at her with contempt.

"What do you mean there is nothing we can do, we are three of the most powerful beings in the world we should be able to do something." Chrysalis hissed her eyes narrowing dangerously.

"Indeed sister and why not try the elements of harmony to restore him?" Luna yelled tears streaming down her face as she screamed at her sister.

"Girls don't cry you know as well as they do I cant be helped at this point." I croaked, my voice weak and most of my body lost to the stone. "I have suffered grave injury and magically exhausted myself it only makes sense that I fall into some sort of stasis."

"But your turning to stone you will die!" They both yelled turning to me with tear filled eyes.

"who said I was going to die,I know I didn't." I said chuckling weakly getting a sad smile from the two before me. "I'm sorry I have made you all suffer." I said as I lowered my head and nuzzled Luna and Chrysalis lovingly.

"Promise me you will return to us." Luna said barely holding back sobbing as the stone over took my neck and began to creep across my skull.

"I promise I will come back to both of you." I said closing my eyes as the stone overtook them and then all was black.

For a long second all was silent as the nine that stood before the statue that was their friend. Until Luna and Chrysalis broke down and began to cry, their wails and screams filled with sorry and loss.

Hours passed as the two grieved the loss of their love, while the rest left to tend the wounded and bury the ones who lost their lives. When the time came that all was finished and the tears had long since dried up. Chrysalis and Luna looked behind them to see row upon row of simple white markers, bearing the cutie mark or name of the one buried beneath it. All facing the statue of the bowing dragon, making it look like he was bowing in respect to the ones who lost their lives. Words were said, silences shared, rituals to help the lost pass into the after life performed. But it wasn't until the sun hung on the horizon and Celestia told the two it was time to go that Chrysalis and Luna moved from their spot at the statutes feet. But before they left Chrysalis and Luna looked once more to what was once their love and saw something glisten and sparkle at the statues feet. Curious the two took a few steps closer to find to deep blue sapphires in the shape of tear drop in the grass. Each took one and fashioned a necklace for them and hung them around their necks. And then turned and left carrying a piece each of their lover.




Sixteen years have come and gone since Thomas died and saved the world from Armageddon. It was late afternoon on the outskirts of ponyvile and many could still be seen wondering among the markers of the brave fallen. But today none ventured near the dragon at the head of the field. Two creatures were already there and none dared disturb them, after all everyone knew not to get in between the three at the top of the hill.

At the foot of the statue lay Chrysalis her appearance completely unfazed by the sands of time as she told her daughter of her father once more.

"And that my child is who your father was." Chrysalis said as she stood with a sigh and began to walk away, unaware her child's eye's were still transfixed on the statue of her father.

"Come Terra it is Time to go for now." Chrysalis said, earning a reluctant sigh from her daughter as she peeled her emerald green eyes away from her father once more.

"I don't understand why I must accompany you mother." Terra said as she brushed her red mane out of her eyes with a hoof. " I would much rather sit here with father."

"You would be better off searching the memories of the hive if you wish to know more of your father." Chrysalis said giving her daughter a knowing smile. " That way you can see him when he was alive and vibrant instead of cold and stone."

"You speak as if he were dead mother." Terra said catching up to her mother.

"It has been sixteen years child, no matter how much I wish otherwise it would seem you father wont be able to keep the promise he made to Luna and I" Chrysalis said her voice sad and soft as she continued towards ponyvile where they were staying with the newly appointed princess Twilight.

While they walked Terra glanced back towards her father bowed towards those lost and the town he saved. And Terra thought she saw a piece fall off the statue, but that wasn't possible. All the princesses and her mother had cast enough spells on the statue to ensure it would be standing until the end of time. But he really couldn't be dead could he, from what her mother told her Thomas struck Terra as the sort to keep his word.

Comments ( 11 )

that was awesome, the music was a nice choose it fits perfectly for the feel of the battle, i cant wait for the sequel

5693266 I'm glad you liked it.

Comment posted by Phobos deleted Jun 3rd, 2015

I like this story. :derpytongue2: one of my most favorites.

As much as I would have liked a more substantial ending I can't deny the effectiveness it. Just a little tease makes it all the better.

Comment posted by josue deleted Mar 11th, 2016

4816186 I'm not sure. It just sounded like one to me.

7649504 but still next time Twilight needs to give humans a chance to explain themselves just saying most of the villains in Equestria stories could have ended much better at Twilight and her friends not attempted to kill them kill first and ask questions later should only be reserved as a last resort but anyway good story

I must say this was an AMAZING story the beginning chapters could be somewhat longer but other then that grate story!

Login or register to comment