• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 5,348 Views, 151 Comments

Apocalypse: Worlds End or New Beginnings - Blue dragon 116



One child is cursed with a unholy power the power to change into anything and make youre fears a reality. When he is sent to equestria by mistake can he help against the impending evil or will he just quicking the ponies fall into oblivion

  • ...
22
 151
 5,348

the morning after

Slowly my senses returned to me, first my sense of touch, then hearing, and so on. Until finally sight was all that had yet to return. So for a long while I lay their and I tried to learn what I could from my other senses and asses the situation. From what I could tell I was lying on stone the sound of flames flickering back and forth gently could be heard but their was no burning smell. And then slowly my vision began to return to me and at first even with my eyes open all was black and as my vision cleared I could see a ceiling and walls all black or dark in color lit by a soft green light. With a loud groan I began to try and shift my weight and maybe even stand. Only to have a hoof placed on my gut to keep me in place and I was surprised to see who the hoof belonged to, though given my surroundings I shouldn't have been. Their standing over me was none other than Queen Chrysalis with a concerned look and a smile.

"Well its about time you woke up we were beginning to wonder if you ever would" She said a mischievous glint in her eye. I looked at her confused and asked her

"We what do you mean we?"

"We as in me and the good doctor who performed the procedure" She said matter of factly. And as if on queue another changeling walked into the room and made their way over to were I was laying. When the changeling got to me it began to poke and prod my chest were I was burned. When I felt no pain I looked down confused and what I saw made my jaw hit the floor. Their on my chest where the burn had been was now glossy black with streaks of neon green running through it at random. As I stared in confusion the changeling looked at it and then said to me the voice marking it as female.

"It would seem the procedure was a successes, you are lucky we were able to patch you up thanks to Queen Chrysalis's willingness to donate tissue."

I simply stared dumbly at the two before me, Chrysalis was actually blushing for some reason and the little changeling was looking at Chrysalis and then me expectantly. For a long while nothing was said as the changeling kept looking at Chrysalis as if she was supposed to say something. But every time Chrysalis would make eye contact with either me or the other changeling her blush would grow and she would quickly look away, that is until the changeling said.

"Are you going to tell him my queen or shall I?" Chrysalis looked at her subject first eyes wide with shock then narrowing in reproach. She had just opened her mouth to scorn the changeling no doubt. But I beat her to the punch asking quietly and confused.

"What is she talking about Chrysalis?" And as soon as those words were out of my mouth all of her anger seemed to fade and be quickly replaced by her prior embarrassment and blush. Slowly Chrysalis turned and faced me looking anywhere but at me her cheeks a rosy pink color. Had I had time I might have found the look cute or endearing but at the time I was too concerned with what was being left unsaid. Finally finding her nerve Chrysalis looked me in the eye and said.

"When we found you in that crater you made it was obvious you were gravely injured. So we brought you here to try and help but none of us knew enough about your anatomy to do much. That is until the suggestion was made for a tissue transplant but none were willing to donate so I did." As she spoke her blush seemed to grow in intensity and when she finished speaking she turned her side to me. To reveal a hole in her chitin revealing the soft tissue beneath it were a cutie mark would have been on a pony. I looked at it for a while and then at Chrysalis who had a nervous smile on her face and her eyes seeming to try and read my expression for something.

"Your forgetting a very important piece of information my queen." The changeling said as she turned and made her way back out the direction she came. I looked at Chrysalis after the little one left raising a questioning eyebrow at her and waited for her to explain. Thankfully I didn't have to wait long though her blush did intensify for some odd reason but when she spoke her voice was quite and I had to strain to hear what she said.

"Their is a long standing tradition amongst us changelings. Seeing as we are all female we would have to find a mate outside of our race." I nodded in understanding as she spoke though I was stunned to learn the entire race was female. "When we found said mate if we trusted them enough we would reveal ourselves to them and present them with a piece of our chitin. Which was usually worn as a necklace or medallion or in cases like yours bound to their very body's forever marking them as a changelings mate. And if said changeling happened to be a Queen or Princess it would allow the recipient to tap into the hive mind." When she finished speaking I understood why she was blushing and my face was red to match hers and I was having a hard time meeting her worried gaze. A long drawn out silence permeated the room as I tried to wrap my head around what I was just told. My mind coming up blank and unsure how to proceed I did what any normal person would do, change the subject.

"So what is this hive mind and how am I able to tap into it as you say?" I asked kind of rushed hoping she would go along with the subject. And thankfully she did though a slight frown crossed her face as she said.

"As Queen I control a collective conscious called the hive mind linking me to all my little changelings. Though contrary to popular belief I don't have absolute control over them through it, granted I have great sway over their thoughts but they are still of free will." I nodded in understanding still unable to meet her scrutinizing gaze as I tried to figure a way to tell her no without angering or offending her. Coming up blank once again I decided to do what any sane person would do in my situation, wing it.

"you can now tap into it because you now have a part of me in you." She continued bluntly motioning to the spot on my chest. "And don't go asking how it is possible even I don't know nor my mothers before me. Now to go over your duties as my mate first off you......"

"Now hold your horses their girl while I appreciate you saving my life through your actions. I don't know you well enough for the kind of commitment your asking of me. Where I come from we go on dates or court one another before declaring intention's to become mates. And that process alone could take months maybe even years, not to mention the planning for the marriage." I said bolting upright and waving my hands wildly in front of myself earning a combination snicker/ scowl from Chrysalis in doing so.

"And what makes you think you have a choice in this matter?" Chrysalis said her voice dropping menacingly. "I have already declared you my mate weather you like it or not."

"This is true." I said slight aggravation creeping into my voice. "But I don't have to adhere to those traditions they arnt mine. And if you think you can force this on me you are surly mistaken." As I spoke my voice deepened my eyes darkened to red and narrowed all conveying a specific point. And after a long stare down Chrysalis seemed to catch it because she began to back down with a beaten expression.

"But I wont hold this against you" I said honestly, letting my voice return to the way it was, standing and grabbing Chrysalis and pulling her into a warm hug. One she seemed shocked to receive but returned in due time with a nervous chuckle. When we separated their was another blush on her face but a confident look and smile.

"So why don't we have a stroll around your wonderful hive here and maybe I can learn more about you and your people." I said smiling warmly hoping this would clear our heads of the things just said and provide better moods.

"Sure" She said smiling back at me and we began the tour of the hive and my lesson into Changeling history, Which I must say is rather dark. Having to fight for survival ever since the dawn of time and hunted like animals by all the other races on this planet. But even as such was their past the changelings of today surprised me with unwavering loyalty to their queen, and the general 'soldier on' attitude despite their poor treatment in life. And slowly as we walked I could feel something like a buzzing in the back of my head. Which Chrysalis explained to be the hive mind manifesting itself and that given time I would grow accustomed to it and be able to tune it out. As we explored the vast complex that was the hive we came upon a room that seemed to have been left unattended for quite some time. Many murals faded or chipped off the walls from age all save one. The one surviving painting depicted a regal looking changeling surrounded in a pink light. With what appeared to be the faded outline of a bipedal creature standing behind her.

"She was the first and the last Queen to find true love outside the hive." Chrysalis said with a sorrowful tone snapping me out of my revere. "But sadly the world didn't approve and they were hunted all across the world until they either died or were killed." As she spoke chrysalis shed a single tear and gazed at the image with an almost longing look to her eyes. For a long while we simply stood their and gazed at the beauty of a love long since past. Then without warning Chrysalis turned and left with me in tow shooting a thoughtful look back at the painting before we left the room in silence just as we found it. And so the rest of the day was spent wandering the halls of the hive and learning all I could about Chrysalis's and her peoples past both distant and recent. And dealing with a ever growing head ache all the way to the point that I had to lay down to try and alleviate the throbbing in my head. I found respite in the wonderful arms of dreams eager to see what the next day in the hive would have in store for me.