• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 2,244 Views, 235 Comments

From Beyond - Lepking13



Something landed in Equestria. Something they didn't know what to do with, or even what it could be. And now, those that it came from have found it. And they want it back.

Comments ( 26 )

will there be a sequel?

2934641 2934644 Can't tell if good or bad.

2934670 Thank you :twilightsmile:

2934762 I do not have one planned, although as I said I am writing an epilogue. If enough people clamor for it, I might write a year by year styled sequel instead of the simple epilogue I had planned.

2934791 that sounds very nice because then we can see how every thing change and any conflict (internal or external) that has happen and you can "keep the story going" for a while depending on what you write and the story is great loved the empire, is there one about them online?

Fuck...just...I have a bad feeling about this.:applejackconfused: Celestia now powerless, Twilight and Luna rising to power, the world is going to spiral out of control, and its all because the Aetherians came and told, and gave a good explanation, to Twilight that Celestia's a bitch.:twilightsmile:

2934815 To the extent of my knowledge, the Aetherian Empire portrayed here exists only in this story.

If someone wishes to use my characters in their story, all they'd really have to do is ask and try to keep them canon.

Wow, I can barely comprehend what happend here but I understand what has been necessary.
Forcefully holding back advancement to maintain peace is not healthy in the longrun. I actually have an analogy for that, WWI, old tactics and startegy plus modern weapons and tech equalls casualties in the millions.

I must congratulate you sir, you made Celestia, a pony whom Im looking up to, look like an desillusional, incompetent twat (I hope im using the right words here) and you made me loath her for that. I must say however it also hurts my feelings.
I always belived, and still do, that Celestia is actually supporting progress but in a one-step-at-the-time basis, unlike the human three-steps-forward-two-steps-back-with-a-bloody-nose type approach.

The story so far has been really good and Im looking forward to the ending of it. Despite all this its still just a story and I will survive its content. (Oke, why do I had to emphasize that?)

2934906 This is actually the final chapter I had planned for this story, short of an epilogue.

As to why you had to emphasize that part at the end, perhaps you need to justify to yourself some reason why you liked this story when you look up to Celestia so much?

I dunno, I'm not a psychologist. I wrote this with the ideal that some people would rethink the idea that Celestia is some infallible goddess of good. Sometimes too much good can be just as bad as too much evil. Especially when others are willing to commit evil, while you are limited to only good.

Love this story alot. Twilight did the right thing in deposing Celestia. May not seem like it to most ponies but she really was a tyrant. One thousand years of purposefully holding back technilogical progress? Celestia's utopia was actually a distopia. If the gryphons didn't kill and enslave Equestria eventually something else would happen.

2935012 I will be honest here, I never saw Celesita as an infallible goddess of any kind. Just a very old pony who went through many hardships and mistakes. I think the show itself proves this many times.
I see her more as a very skilled chess player who plans ahead 10 moves at the time and only interferes when direct danger is imminent. She is the kind of, well, overlord who lets her subject deal with their problems while only giving hints here and there. This's not of her beeing lazy but more to encourage her subjects to become less reliant on her. You aren't a good leader if your subjects come to you with every little problem.
*sigh*
Its obious that I needed to pour my heart out on this matter.

Still the fact remains, this story was good. The characters, the plot, the setting, all perfectly executed and definitvely an interesting piece of writing.

About the thought of big changes happening in Twilight/Luna rule, I remember one thing that was in a cracked article.

It's also worth keeping in mind that big, positive social changes tend to take generational changes--some attitudes die so hard that they don't go away until the people holding them are in the ground.

If you do decide to go with a year by year styled sequel instead of an epilogue, I would suggest that you keep this in mind, but going by how you wrote your story, I strongly suspect that you will. You are a pretty good writer after all.

Honestly, I look forward to whatever you will write in the future.

By Odin's beard, a sequel must be made!

this needs a sequel

The voices of the people demand a sequel, to what I agree.
This is good stuff, Moar is needed.

Keep being Awesome!

it was kinda sad watching Tia squirm to try and save her "utopia" but this WHOLE story was just pure greatness in my book ty for writhing this:twilightsmile:

5402432 I had fun writing this, thanks for spending the time reading all of it :twilightsmile:

I fucking hate you...:facehoof:

6006217 You come here onto my story and tell me you 'fucking hate' me? And then wonder if I'm trolling because I don't give a fuck about you saying so?

I don't care, hate me, love me, do whatever the fuck you want. I enjoyed writing the story, if you didn't enjoy reading it that's on you. I got you to spend at least a minute of your life reading it, and if you didn't like reading it you're the only one out anything.

So, are the Aetherians descendants of Humanity? Or an entirely different species?
If the latter, what's with the "Human" tag? :rainbowhuh:

8116096 Wow, someone stumbled across this old thing four years later. The Aetherians here are basically remnants of Humanity, splashed with various other Humanoid species the empire has come across and absorbed. Between the interbreeding and the genetic manipulation, they're all pretty close to 'human'. Close enough that only someone arguing semantics would need to differentiate them from Human.

“I swore to always do what was needed to protect my fellow ponies. If that means deposing Celestia, then so be it.”

dayum, she scary, I like her

“I hope to create a council. The other elements are specialists in certain things, all of them relevant to the betterment of Equestria as a whole. With them, and the ability for everypony to bring ideas up through the specific council member, we will be able to create a better society. One where everypony helps, and where even the most common of ponies can put forth ideas that could revolutionize our world.” Twilight ranted, her eyes sparkling as she talked about her utopian ideal.

DEMOCRACY!!!!!

Revolution is never easy, but this sort of tyranny is unacceptable.

I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!!

Login or register to comment