• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 4,618 Views, 162 Comments

A Hierarchy of Needs - Typewrittensoul



A story of how an entry-level bank teller became a Gentleman

Comments ( 25 )

Was worth seeing matt grow a pair in my opinion :D

Well, thank you for finally finishing this! I enjoyed this story and will keep an eye out for the new one.

Maybe it's just a mark of my personality, but I'm disappointed in the one major decision that I think Matt should have made differently, despite the fact that he was being pressured into it. No one in the end seemed to recognize their own responsibility for themselves in any of their actions and act on it appropriately (okay, that's not really unusual). Good to see that he at least stood up for himself.

The epilogue was hilarious, though you would think that even drunk, some recognition would happen well before the next morning. Still, the humor of the result outweighed that.

Sorry for being vague - I'm trying hard not to use spoilers.

I can't say I liked it. It feels like nothing really changed in the end really. Then again, I can't say I hated it either. That's probably the biggest weakness of this story, after all this time, the last two chapters leave me ambivalent.

>Finishes reading story and author's note
>Immediately checks to see if he has author on follow
>Is already following Typewriterpony
——Excellent. You may proceed.

I can't wait to see how this... situation happened, and what will become of it.

Wait , what?

After a good ten or so ticks of an unseen clock punctuating the silence I turned over to look at my second equine partner since arriving in Equestria, only to see Giselle's slobbering mug less than an inch from my face.

He went to bed with a girl and a pony, nut then he wakes up with Giselle by his side.

I am a little lost here, was this another set up they made for him.

Is this the end?

4058321
It's the cliffhanger end of this story, yeah. Like I said in the notes, there's gonna be a sequel - explanations will be made.

4058354 ooohhh, thanks. I'll be looking forward to it.

Yup. Looking forward to the sequel.

Oh, wow. I can't wait for the sequel.:yay:

A nice read, although the ending may not have much meaning, with the protagonist not changing much. However, you do seem to have a nice set up to continue on with a new story and let this one end. I find it a good call, as there are plenty of fanfic stories out there with a ridiculous amount of chapters that can be divided into a series of stories.

Anyhow, I shall be looking forward to your next work on this series, keep up the good work:pinkiesmile:

3rd edit: i hope the sequel ends with Matt, Raven and Giselle as a herd ...

Why must you always skip the clop scenes when they would normally occur? it's nice to have the bonus chapter with Sunbeam and all but I still cant see why you wright all the scenes with the protagonist out.

Anyway, look forward to the story continuing. I just hope it has less of the clop avoidance.

Fantastic story!

...I don't really have anything to say beyond that.

4201680
I sort of ogree with you.

Well, whenever you decide to complete this fic, I'm looking forward to it.

5552999
Nope, he definitely isn't really to blame. But then again, I ended up writing him as pretty "beta" given the circumstances that he came across.

This ended up being quite the enjoyable story.

Great stuff! Can't wait to read what you have coming next!
*notes last chapter posted over a year ago*

And I only hope this branch of the gentlemanverse hasn't gone dead :pinkiesad2:

6097204
Three years later and still nada.

Rip.

I almost never give downvotes. Pretty much never. Usually I think that people have a right to like what they like, and that’s fine, even if I disagree.

But every part of this this story feels broken in some way. The blatant abuse of Matt by his coworkers; the very toxic personality of Giselle; the perpetual return to alcohol - is there literally nothing else to do in magical pony land except get shitfaced?

The last chapter end just cements it. I have no idea how you can simultaneously be coherent enough to have a conversation with someone at a bar but also drunk enough not to recognize your coworker that you also hate with a passion and end up in bed with. Just no. It’s probably a good thing this never updated.

Loved the fanfic but do wonder what happend after he woke by next to Giselle like how she got there did she transform into a human through the help of that unicorn

Login or register to comment