• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 4,655 Views, 150 Comments

A Gentleman's Journal - Rustic_King

Comments ( 12 )

Is that...Discord.

Or worse, Sombra?

And judging from the appearance of the terrorist group, I suspect we're gonna see high octane action soon.

3009462
Or worse, someone else?
And yes, action is coming up.

And I'm guessing the voice was Queen Chrysalis?

3009776 I think it was Sombra. Chrysalis would enjoy all the lovey dovey stuff to feed on, a negative spirit like Sombra would be the one gagging from seeing love.

3010514 That's why I said 'guessing'.

Well this story is taking an odd, but interesting turn.
On an unrelated note, hope he, and Celestia become romantically involved, and she joins his herd.

Quick question Rustic, how does what Edmund advised James NOT to do land EDMUND in hot water? I mean it would be like a computer security expert publishing a paper on a computer vulnerability and the crook using that vulnerability to steal stuff... and blaming the computer security expert for the breach!

Edmund was in no way, shape, fashion, or form advising James to break the law. In fact he said for James to NOT break the law.

3011012
Yeah, that kinda has me confused as well. Maybe it's a British thing, but I've not heard of many laws in various other parts of the world where advising someone against breaking the law landed you in trouble somehow. Even taking into account what he did tell him, he still didn't give all the details of how to do all of that, nor did he (knowingly) receive a kickback or a share of the revenue gained form the illicit activity. He even said as much when he described how he was paid a fair bit over his normal fee, and the dude refused to pay any less when questioned.

I also don't see why and how he feels he has been "prideful" to just accept that he's in trouble for something he isn't responsible for. As far as I've read, he's done nothing wrong to warrant that kind of reaction, and he's done well for himself, all things considered. :rainbowhuh:

3016696

While I admit that I'm not an expert on the legal code of Britain, I don't think Edmund could actually be charged with anything. Even if he could, any prosecutor worth their salt would make a deal, dropping the charges against him in exchange for his testimony against Harvey.

On the other hand, the chapter ends with Edmund apparently being the target of a being that hates "love" with a passion. Earlier in the chapter, he was told about a being composed of hatred, one that was defeated with the power of love and kindness and all that. Said "Hate-god" was also explicitly stated to have mind-affecting powers.

Therefore, it seems likely to me that the charges being laid out against Edmund is actually the work of this Hate-god, as part of its efforts to destroy him.

3666564
No, I'm just really struggling to write the next chapter. I'm so sorry.:twilightsheepish:

Am I crazy, or are there missing chapters?

Login or register to comment