• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 1,498 Views, 34 Comments

Chrysalis' Revenge - RickyB



Three months after the Royal Wedding, an old evil returns. Can The Mane 6 hope to defeat it again?

  • ...
8
 34
 1,498

Epilouge

EPILOUGE

In the left wing of Canterlot Castle, dwelled the historian known as Knowledge Seeker. He was infamous for his public dislike of Princess Celestia. So it would surprise any passerby who saw the Regal White Mare knocking at his chambers door.

The cranky historian glared at Celestia before allowing her in and poking his head out to see if anypony had followed.

“So all when as I predicted?” Knowledge seeker asked.

“It did,” Celestia said. “Nopony is here but you and I, you can drop the act, Starswirl.”

A wave of shock passed through his face then his horn glowed, and in placed of Knowledge Seeker was Starswirl The Bearded. A stallion who is supposed to be dead.

“How long did you know?” Starswirl asked.

“Long enough,” Celestia replied. “I hope you have a good reason for this.”

“It’s not over,” Starswirl said. “there is still grave danger and you know it. Nightmare Moon, Discord, The Changelings, Sombra, only the start. She’s coming back Celestia for what you took from her.” He pointed a hoof at her crown.

Celestia’s eyes went wide with a gasp. “How?” Celestia asked. “She’s been gone for over a thousand years.”

“So have I,” Starswirl said. “She escaped Tartarus, she bidding her time Celestia. She’s watched you from beyond, she knows your weaknesses.”

“Regardless,” Celestia said. “I will defend my subjects from her, should she return.”

“What if she turns one of them against you?” Starswirl asked.

“She wouldn’t,” Celestia whispered.

“Lets hope your right Celestia.” Starswirl said. “For Equestria’s sake.”

XXXXX

In the Badlands once again there was a sign of activity as a purple glow faded leaving a Lavender Alicorn. She looked around and saw a tall slender black forn with a teal mane.

“I see you got my message.” Chrysalis said.

“I warned you,” Twilight snarled.

“I meant no harm,” Chrysalis said. “I wanted to talk to you and you alone.”

“I’m listening.” Twilight said.

“Eightteen years ago I did use my magic on you,” Chrysalis said. “I did save you, despite what that old nag Celestia tells you. She used her magic to remove my magic.”

“Why tell me this?” Twilight asked.

“I hate Celestia,” Chrysalis snarled. “With all my heart I hate her and I will always hate her. The day that nag dies I’ll be the happiest changeling in Equestria.” Twilight took a menacing step forward her horn glowing. “That being said, I don’t hate you, despite you thwarting my plans. I’ll work with you to work at peace with our two people. I will help you when you need it.”

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Celestia and I will never see eye to eye,” Chrysalis said. “Too much history between us I will explain to you at a later date. I see a lot of me in you Twilight, and maybe if circumstances where different, we could have been friends. That’s why I am offering my help to you if you need it.”

“I accept,” Twilight said. “You have to promise to tell my what happened between you and Celestia.”

The Changeling Queen approached Twilight Sparkle and offered her hoof. “We have a deal then.”

Twilight shook the offered hoof. At that point Ponykind and The Changelings entered a truce. Twilight was sure she would not have to ask for Chrysalis’ help. Oh how wrong she would be.

END CHRYSALIS’ REVENGE

Author's Note:

Well that's it for Chrysalis' Revenge! Thanks for reading!

I have ideas for a sequel and side stories. Including one dealing with Rainbow Dash and her family and Lightning Dust.

Any comments are welcome.

Comments ( 2 )

Waitasec, Tartarus? She? Her? Something in me says.....SEQUEL!

I wanted to like this story. I liked the initial concept but the pacing needs work as it's all over the place. The story is also hurt by bringing up the past Chrysalis has with Celestia at the beginning and NEVER explaining it. That's a broken promise to the reader that hurts you. You also have some very basic grammar issues with multiple times using the word "where" instead of "were."

Also if you don't understand what I mean by broken promises I offer this very useful podcast.

Login or register to comment