• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 1,498 Views, 34 Comments

Chrysalis' Revenge - RickyB



Three months after the Royal Wedding, an old evil returns. Can The Mane 6 hope to defeat it again?

  • ...
8
 34
 1,498

2. Coming Together

CHAPTER TWO: COMING TOGETHER

“WOOO HOOO!” Pinkie Pie cried as she bounced in the train car the five of them had. “We’re going to Canterlot!”

“I’m so happy they let Angel come.” Fluttershy said as she watched her fussy white bunny eat a carrot. “Oh, not too fast Angel.” The bunny just frowned and continued eating, though he did so a bit slower.

“I can’t believe I was told to not bring Opal!” Rarity whined.

“Well last time ya brought her, she did maul a bell colt.” Applejack reminded her.

“Well he stepped on her tail!” Rarity protested.

“Man I really wish I brought Tank!” Rainbow Dash said. “How awesome would it be for a tortoise to be in Canterlot?”

“They could play Tortoise Ball!” Pinkie Pie cried as she broke into giggles.

“Next stop Canterlot!” A train worker called out. “Estimated time of arrival is fifteen minutes. Every pony should be ready for your stop!”

With the announcement the five mares excitedly chatted among themselves.

XXXXX

Twilight followed her mentor when Celestia came to a halt, when she did Twilight looked at her mentor, she thought of what to say. Celestia’s face was impassive neither smiling nor frowning, but the look in her eyes made Twilight cringe. She felt like a naughty filly with Celestia looking at her.

“I heard everything that was said Twilight.” Celestia said in an even tone. Twilight said nothing and just whimpered as she tried to get closer to the ground, perhaps hoping to bury herself in it. Anything to save herself her mentor’s disapproval. “Anything to say?”

“I’m sorry Princess.” Twilight squeaked. “I don’t know what came over me.” The Princess gave Twilight a warm smile and started walking motioning for her student to follow. “So why did you give her my letters? The letters I sent to you! Who else did you let read them?”

“Aside from Shooting Star.” Celestia said her cheeks slightly blushing with her being accused of violating Twilights privacy. “They were viewed by your parents and brother, as well as Luna. I felt that giving Shooting Star some letters would let her know what to experience.”

“So Shooting Star was the only total stranger to read them.” Twilight quipped. “That’s a relief.”

“My intentions where good.” Celestia argued. “I meant for them to be guide for her. To show Shooting Star what she could learn. It’s a method I shant use again, I can only ask your forgiveness Twilight.”

“Well you didn’t show them to every filly in Magic Kindergarten.” Twilight said with a smile letting her mentor know she was already forgiven. “But can you ask next time?”

“I am truly sorry Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia said. “You have been my top student for years and I have always been proud of you, and I have never been prouder of you for the progress you made in Ponyville. You went from a shy filly, to the mare before me today. There are other ponies like you Twilight, brilliant mares and colts that need the same nudge I gave you.”

“Shooting Star?” Twilight questioned, then after seeing Celestia nod. “That’s why you want her to meet my friends? What about me and my studies under you in Ponyville?”

“Twilight.” Celestia said as she stopped and looked at her student. “All things change, this includes students and teachers.”

Twilight looked at her mentor with a look of both shock and surprise. “W..who.” was all the shocked Unicorn could stammer.

“A close friend.” Celestia said with a smile. “One of whom you have helped as recently as Nightmare Night.”

She continued walking and was followed by her student.

“Princess Luna?” Twilight asked. After getting the nod from Celestia she smiled. “What about you? Are you getting Shooting Star?”

“Very observant.” Celestia said proudly. “Yes Shooting Star is Luna’s top student, as you are mine.”

“A pupil exchange?” Twilight asked.

“My sister and I teach different types of spells.” Celestia said. “You should see her collection of spells, quite the sight. Though hers are more battle oriented than my own. Part of why she is going to be your teacher.”

“To learn battle spells?” Twilight asked.

“To defend yourself more.” Celestia answered. “With the dangers you face in Ponyville, you will need more ways to keep yourself safe.”

“I’ll try not to disappoint you.” Twilight promised.

“I’m sure that won’t be a problem.” Celestia answered. “I will still be around should you have any questions. I will be more than happy to answer them. This time as a friend. I know this comes as a shock, but I have the utmost faith in you my dear Twilight.”

“Thank you Princess.” Twilight said. “I’ll do my best and I won’t let you down. Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye.” She did the motions to the Pinkie Promise much to her mentor’s amusement.

Celestia smiled, proud of her students commitment, not only to her, but to furthering her education. It would be hard for Celestia to lose Twilight as her student, but she knew she would see the mare often. The two walked to the doors that lead to Celestia’s large audience chambers. Now it was time for fun not a serious talk.

“Do you know what day today is?” Celestia questioned with a smile.

“It’s…. wait… I forgot!” Twilight exclaimed. “Today’s my BIRTHDAY!” Twilight proceeded to bounce around for the next minute screaming it was her birthday. Celestia chuckled at Twilight’s energy, still acting like a filly on her birthday.

“My little pony.” Celestia admonished in a gentle tone. “It is your birthday, and what kind of teacher would I be if I forgot my top pupil’s birthday?” Celestia nodded to the door of her chambers.

Twilight pushed the door open and was accosted by a sea of balloons! When she cleared the balloons she saw her family, her mother, father, brother and sister in law! Not to mention various other relatives. In the back of the festive room she saw two ponies she never expected.

“Grandma! Grandpa!” Twilight screamed as she zoomed towards the two elderly ponies.

“She’s so happy.” Cadence said as she stood next to her aunt. “You do know today…” she stopped as her husband approached.

“No need to stop.” Shining Armor said glumly. “We all know what today might bring. It’s a shame too, I’ve never seen Twilly so happy.”

“Enough the both of you.” Celestia growled. “This is a happy occasion, and I’ll see to it, that it stays as such. Now go, please enjoy.” She watched the couple leave and fought back a nagging feeling in the back of her mind.

“Sister!” A harsh but melodic voice said. “Come with me, we must have words.”

Celestia followed her sister allowing one glance back at her pupil.

Twilight was all smiles as her family showered her with kind words and hugs. Perhaps if she wasn’t so busy, she would have noticed a Gray pony with brown hair with a dustpan and broom cutie mark starring intently at the gathering.

XXXXX

“Sister, you best have a good reason.” Celestia said. Once they had left Celestia’s chamber and went into an adjacent room.

“We know what today could bring.” Luna said. “At the rising of the moon, art thou not worried?”

“She is not one of them.” Celestia said. “I have watched her since her magic grew. I’ve done my best to suppress any of their magic I see in her.”

“That does not mean..” Luna started.

“NO!” Celestia snapped then she softened her harsh tone. “She can’t be.”

“I hope thou art right sister.” Luna said.

Celestia hung her head and a tear rolled down her muzzle. She looked at her sister the Ruler of the Night. “I hope I am too sister.” Was all she said.

XXXXX

Back in Celestia’s chamber Twilight was having the time of her life. Not only was her family here but several friends from Ponyville. A crashing sound told Twilight that Derpy Hooves made it to the party. The accident prone Pegasus tumbled near Twilight.

“Happy Birthday Twilight Sparkle!” She cried.

“Yeah happy birthday!” A pink unicorn filly with a blond main said.

“Thanks Derpy, you too Dinky.” Twilight said. “Are you having fun?” The two cross eyed ponies nodded. “Ok, good, so go have fun!”

Derpy left with Dinky in tow, a crashing sound was heard followed by an “I’m ok!” followed by another crash and a “My bad!” Twilight kept her smile hoping the castle had good work stallions to repair the damage Derpy would cause.

Twilight turned around and saw three fillies all dressed in red capes. All with huge smiles.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWILIGHT!” All three screamed as loud as they could.

Twilight sat there for a moment until her ears stopped ringing. She looked at the three fillies.

“That was really good girls.” A hauntingly familiar voice said.

“Pinkie!” Twilight started as she turned around. Instead of seeing a Pink earth pony she saw a white Pegasus with a blond tangle of hair that looked like Pinkie Pies. She even had a similar cutie mark with three purple balloons.

“I’m not Pinkie Pie silly.” The Pegasus chided. “I’m Surprise! Wait you know Pinkie Pie! She a super mega famous celebrity!”

“Surprise helped set up the party.” Applebloom said.

“Well she did most of the work.” Scootaloo added.

“We blew up some balloons.” Sweetie Belle said. As she looked at a half dozen rather sad looking balloons.

“You girl did a superfantabulousultrawaygood job TOO!” The white Pegasus said.

“You did a great job surprise.” A voice put in. Twilight looked at saw a Pink Alicorn and smiled. “Come on Twilight, you have other people here on your special day.”

“Thanks Cadence.” Twilight said as her sister in law lead her away. “I can’t believe it two Pinkie Pies.”

“Surprise isn’t Pinkie per say.” Cadence said. “Shooting Star and I have known her for some time.”

“You know Shooting Star?” Twilight asked.

“Mhmm.” Cadence replied. “We can talk about her later, right now you have friends and more on the way.”

“This is so exciting!” Twilight said. “I never expected this! Thank you so much Cadence!”

“It was Auntie Tia’s idea.” Cadence said as she hugged Twilight. “Of course I went along with it, why wouldn’t I? Now go on, I’ll let you know when your friends from Ponyville arrive.” She let go of the hug and Twilight bounced off happy as can be.

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza sighed, she hoped that Twilights birthday would go off without a hitch. So far it was going fine, Twilight was having the time of her life. Every pony was happy, so why did Cadence have this feeling in her gut something terrible would happen. She wandered back to the doors of the festively decorated chamber. There saw she her Aunt, Princess Luna.

“Thou art worried?” Luna asked reading Cadence’s troubled expression.

“You and Auntie Tia talk like something bad is going to happen.” Cadence admitted. “So yes I am worried. Twilight is like a sister to me, well now I married Shining Armor she is a sister to me, well you get my point.”

“Thou cares for her.” Luna replied. “I wish I could put thine worries to rest Cadence.”

“I just wish I knew everything would be ok.” Cadence replied. “Not only for Twilight but for Auntie Tia as well. She hasn’t been the same since our wedding. It’s like something is haunting her, but she won’t let us help.”

“We will speak out this later.” Luna told her. “With Celestia, but we shall do so after this party. Please, try to enjoy thineself.” Cadence nodded and trotted away

She noticed something in the corner of her eye. A plain earth pony stood there. She seemed intent on studying the gathering, it caused Cadence discomfort. However she pushed it to the back of her mind and focused on why she was here.

XXXXX

Shining Armor smiled as he watched his L.S.B.F.F enjoy herself. She was chatting with two ponies one had a deep pink coat with a light blue mane, the other had a light blue coat with a pink mane both had headbands and collars that matched.

“Enjoying ourselves Captain?” Celestia asked as she came to a stop next to her captain of the guard.

“I just wish I wasn’t so nervous.” Shining Armor replied.

“Don’t be.” Celestia assured him. “You have my word I will do whatever it takes to keep this safe.”

“My men, are also worried about you Princess.” Shining Armor said though his voice was unsure.

“Me?” Celestia questioned the surprise clear in her voice. “What ever for?”

“Since Queen Chrysalis defeated you at the wedding…” Shining Armor’s voice trailed off.

“I see.” Celestia replied. “Well this is not the time to go into my health. Please assure the guards, that I am more than capable of performing my duties. Though her attack did damage me, I have fully healed since then, and no pony needs to worry.”

“Understood Princess!” Shining Armor replied.

“Now go.” Celestia said with a smile. “Be with your sister.” She gave her captain of the guards a playful nudge. Shining Armor trotted away.

In the corner near where the two chatter was Clean Sweep. She heard everything, she just chuckled.

As her eyes burned with green fire.