• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,934 Views, 93 Comments

Back To Equestria - DubleTruble96



Austin is once more sent to Equestria, but thankfully, as a personal vacation. Sort of.

  • ...
9
 93
 1,934

Punbelievable

In Twilight's library sat a very annoyed purple unicorn, and 2 other ponies. A cyan pegasus and a pink earth pony, both of whom could NOT STOP LAUGHING. Oh, yeah...I was there too.

"So then I said....*snicker*...'That's not a very funny....YOLK!' AHHHAHAHAHAHAA!" Pinkie kicked her legs uncontrollably.
"Oh come on Pinkie! Surely you are EGGS-aterating!" Rainbow laughed loudly.
"GirrrrRRRLS!!" Twilight screamed. Everyone stopped laughing and looked at the frazzled mare. "Can you PLEASE take your puns someplace else? Preferably not here!!"
"Aw, Twiliiiight....Why? Can't handle our......PUN-niness?" Pinkie squealed with laughter, which caused Rainbow to laugh, which caused ME to laugh, which caused Twilight to chase us out of the library with a broom.

"Geez, she really....SWEPT us off our feet!" I snickered and the other two started to laugh.
"C'mon Austin! Let's keep these puns CLEAN!" Rainbow wiped her eye with her hoof.

Most people think puns are just annoying nonsense that butchers the everyday language into something so ear-bleedingly annoying, that it would make even the most sane of people find the nearest knife and ram it repeatedly into their ears so that they can't hear them anymore....

Others think it's just stupid.

We think they're hilarious.

AND by we, I mean myself, Dashie and Pinkie.

Everyone else who thinks otherwise is a poor-sport.

ANYWAY....Back to the story...

I suddenly ran over in a doctor's coat and said to Pinkie, "I'm sorry Miss Pie, but the tests say that you've become pregnant."

Pinkie gasped and said back, "OH You gotta be...KID-IN-ME!"

Dashie rolled on the ground laughing.

"Did you seriously get pregnant just to make a pun?"
"Totally BIRTH it!"

Rainbow was holding her aching sides, laughing uncontrollably, then got up and dashed away, then came back with a fake 'stache and a razor.

"I mustache you a question! But I will shave it for later...." Me and Pinkie started laughing. We seemed to be drawing a bit of a crowd...

Pinkie ran off and came back inside of a giant pie crust. I played along and said to Rainbow Dash,

"Hey Dashie! I got you a pie!"
"Oh boy, what flavor?"
"PIE FLAVOR."

That's when Pinkie bust out of the pie crust and yelled "SURPRIIIISE! I'm your pie!"
Dashie laughed, then said, "D'awww, you're so.....SWEET!"
"It's just a shame AJ wasn't in there...." I said solomnly.
"Why?" Dash asked.
"Because then it'd be an apple pie."
"You trying to ship us, Austin?" AJ said from the crowd.
"Are you kidding? This pie crust would sink for sure! Apple pie doesn't float, silly filly!" I said with a broad grin.

That small crowd soon turned into a large crowd, then that large crowd turned into a massive crowd! All watching me, Dashie and Pinkie improvise comedy using puns.

"Hey Dashie! Why did the pony cross the road?"
"I don't know, why?"
"Well come over here and I'll tell you!"

Dashie walked across the street and stood next to me.

"To figure out the punchline to this joke!"
Dashie laughed when she realized what she just did.

"Hey Austin!"
"Yeah Pinkie?"
"Remember how Celestia and Luna are the princesses of the morning and night?"
"Yes?"
"And how Cadence was Twi's babysitter?"
"Yeah."
"I guess that means that Cadence was the princess of...TWILIGHT?"

Everyone ohhhh'd in unison, then gave Pinkie a sideways smirk.

"Oh Pinkie!" I say with my hands on my hips.


Meanwhile, not far from where we were, a local theatre seemed to be getting far less customers than it should....The manager set out the ticket booth to find out why.

"GOLDEN!!"

Golden Tickets, the ticket booth operator, jumped as the manager came to talk to him.

"Y-Yes boss?"
"What's going on out here? Today's slower than a snail crawling through molasses on a freezing December night!"
"I'm not sure boss....Something seems to be entertaining the ponies somewhere else!"
"What's that commotion over there?" He said, peering down the street at the massive crowd.
"I don't know....It looks like a couple of street performers, sir!"
"Well whatever they are, they're taking all of my customers..."
"What should we do sir?"
"I know JUST what we need to do..." He grinned, chomping his cigar.


Rarity and Twilight were walking past the theatre 2 days later.

"Have you seen the new show they're playing at the theatre?"
"Many times, Rarity....Many times...." Twilight said with a weak smile.
Rarity looked confused until she got a gander at the "NOW PLAYING" board. If her face was any paler, she'd be invisible.

The sign flashed in bright, bold letters:

NOW PLAYING:
Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Austin: Pun-imaginable Comedy!