• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,933 Views, 93 Comments

Back To Equestria - DubleTruble96



Austin is once more sent to Equestria, but thankfully, as a personal vacation. Sort of.

  • ...
9
 93
 1,933

My New Room-mares: Day 4 - Part 1

My eyes popped open and I gasped for air. Where was I?! How long was I out? What happened? I...I...I'm back in my bed...I looked around. Empty room...well, empty besides the mess and clutter that was always around. I groaned and felt my face with one hand, something in my abdomen was killing me...I slowly pulled the covers off and looked at my lower torso. It was wrapped tightly in bandages and gauze, deep red stains showing through the white fabric. Was I stabbed or something? It didn't feel like I was bleeding...There was no sting like I had been cut, and no pain like a wound....My sides were just really sore, like I didn't sleep right or something.

Wait, sleep...That's right! I remember! I was having that weird contest with Twilight and her friends...The last thing I remembered was a cyan bullet speeding towards me, then...blackness. Wait, maybe it was all a dream? Maybe I was just laying here after being injured in a coma-like state and I just now woke up! Yeah! So Twilight and her friends AREN'T living here! And I can get back to my own life!

*knock knock*

"Austin? You awake? I came to check if you're okay...can you stand up and open the door?"

Well that's disappointing...

"Yeah I'm awake...but I don't think I can open the door...I can't really feel my legs. They must've fallen asleep."

"Oh...Okay hold on...."

A violet aura coated the doorknob and it slowly turned, then clicked as the door swung open, and Twilight, wearing....a nurse's uniform......walked in and came to my bedside.

"Hey Austin. I just came to do a check-up." She said with a warm smile.

"Honestly, I don't trust you with my HUMAN health any further than I'd trust you with the Internet..."

"Well, I'm about to prove you wrong on BOTH accounts. While you were...unconscious...I took the liberty of studying up on Human anatomy and health issues on the Internet."

That took a minute for the gears in my head to turn enough until it went click.

"I'm sorry what?!"

---------------

"Okay, you seem to be healing up just fine! Just let me know if you feel any ill symptoms like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, or vertigo. As well as severe pain and/or swelling."

"Twilight, if anything goes wrong, you'll know it."

"How?"

"I'm paranoid about blood and injuries."

--------------

I laid in my bed, a little annoyed that I am more or less forced to take it easy....As it turned out, RD smashed into me rather hard. She twisted a rib out of place and dislocated one shoulder. It wasn't anything Twilight couldn't fix with a mild numbing spell and some...twisting and pulling my bones back into position. (Thankfully, she did all this while I was out cold...) I was still worried though. She only knew what she read on the Internet, and the Internet....isn't the best source of information sometimes...

Luckily, it seemed like she did okay...Though, I was still wondering about that dark red stain that was on my bandages. Clearly it wasn't blood. I had no scars or cuts...Not even a minor wound. I poked the stain. Nope. No stinging, nor pain. So what exactly WAS it?

Twilight peeked in about 2 seconds later, and smiled.

"Just checking in. Everything okay? Thirsty? Hungry?"

"No, but what's with this stain? It looks like blood..."

"Oh that...It's strawberry syrup....Pinkie spilled it on you by accident when I was bandaging you. I didn't have enough bandages to get new ones, so we had to wrap you in those. Sorry..Are they too sticky?"

"No no...I was just asking because ya know...injured and all..."

"Yeah...Anything you need before I go?"

"Umm....No, but I wouldn't mind some company..." I said, still annoyed and bored.

"Oh sure! Who should I send? Or do you want me to come in?"

"I don't really care. I just need someone to talk to so I don't go insane from boredom."

"I'll send in Pinkie."

----------

Pinkie skipped in wearing a similar nurse's uniform, and I began to wonder and fear what exactly happened while I was unconscious. I decided it was best not to ask questions...

"So I heard Austin had a bad case of boredom-itis! Well don't worry! Nurse Pinkie Pie is here to cure all your ailments! And she says you need a big dose of fun!" She fired her party cannon (which just like everything else, she pulled from nowhere) and giggle-snorted. I rolled my eyes. Perhaps I should've kept my mouth shut.

She poked at me and inspected me like I was a puzzle. She shook her head and 'tsk tsk'd every now and then. I felt like a lab experiment.

"Ooooh..This a pretty bad case of boredom-itis...possibly the worst I've ever seen...Droopy eyelids, bloodshot eyes, slow breathing.....I may need extra help for this patient..."

"Pinkie, I was just asleep not long ago..." I said, trying to reason with her. It proved futile.

"I'll talk with the other nurses and see what they think!" She skipped out and I just rolled my eyes. I noticed she left her party cannon behind....Hmmm...

I always wondered how this strange thing worked...I looked around to make sure no one was looking, then pulled the cannon over. It wasn't too heavy...I peered into the cannon's mouth. I couldn't see anything. I turned on a pocket flashlight I had and shone the light into it. Still blackness. I couldn't even see the end of it...I looked around, then reached my arm into the cannon. I couldn't even FEEL the bottom of it. It never seemed to end!

When I was up to my shoulder, I finally felt something. But it didn't feel like...metal. Or plastic. Or anything I could describe...It was...odd. Like tingly...That's when I came across something. It felt like....cake? I grabbed it and pulled it out. It was indeed a cake. I blinked, then slowly slid it back into the cannon. I was worried about what sort of things are in there, so I decided not to reach in again, lest I find something I don't want to.

I decided to give it a test fire. I aimed it at my wall and hovered my hand over the fuse. I hesitated, then rammed my palm into the fuse. It pushed down like a button, and the cannon fired, spraying streamers, confetti and glitter all over the wall in a spray pattern.

Pinkie giggled and walked in, seeing that I had fired her party cannon.

"Just couldn't resist, huh?"

I turned red and pushed the cannon back to her sheepishly.

"It's okay Austin. Do you really want to know how it works?"

I quietly nodded. She wandered over and whispered in my ear.

"Really?"

"Uh-huh!"

"I thought it was manually loaded..."

"Nope!"

"So you can just fire that off as many times as you want?"

"Yep!"

"Huh..."

"Wanna go in and see it for yourself?"

"Wait what?"

"Pinkie Space. I wanna show you what it looks like. Ever wonder about breaking the 4th wall, how we seem to go from one place to another, yet never see what's between planes?"

"Sure..."

Pinkie took my hand and smiled.

"Close your eyes."

"O...Okay..."

I closed my eyes and felt a strange force wash over me.

"Open them!"

I opened one eye and turned white. I opened them both and looked around. There was no floor. There was no walls. There wasn't anything, yet I could stand. All I could see was colours....everywhere. Rainbows, paint splatters, stars, constellations, galaxies, doors, all sorts of strange things. I looked at her and she just giggled.

"Welcome to Pinkie Space! It's my own little plane of existance."

"But what's here?"

"Anything you desire!"

"I'm sorry?"

She held out her hoof and a pair a glasses appeared out of nothingness. She put them on and giggled.

"See?"

"How'd you-"

"Just imagine it, Austin!"

I was confused by her vague instructions, but did my best to do so. I closed my eyes and imagined a....basketball. It slowly materialized and dropped in front of me, only it went flat and disappeared.

"You're too tense Austin. You have to let your imagination soar! You're all stuck up and stiff, like a board. Come on, relax, then think of something you want or need."

I relaxed, then let my mind do the rest...Suddenly, I felt my fractures disappear and the pain lessen until it was nothing more than a mere tingle. I opened my hands and something else appeared. It was...a ray gun of some sort...

"What is that Austin?" Pinkie asked, confused at the strange device.

"It's a portal gun...It can shoot two portals, one orange, one blue, and create...a door to the other portal. Blue leads to orange, and vice versa."

"Cool!"

"Yeah....I also made it have a third portal, which only has one exit and entrance."

"Where does it go?"

"Equestria. Now I can stop bugging you whenever you're busy or something..."

"Aww, but I liked taking you to Equestria..."

"Don't worry, Pinkie...I'll still rely on you. After all, I may misplace this gun sometime. Look how messy my room is..."

"That's true."

Pinkie took me back home, and I sat on my bed.

"Ya know Pinkie...Remember when you came to my door and asked for help? And I didn't want to and yada yada yada?"

"Yep."

"Well....I think I made the right choice in letting you stay. You mares are more fun than the life I used to lead...I have new places to go, things to do, adventures to have and friends to keep..."

Pinkie smiled warmly.

"I'm gonna miss you when you move back home."

"We're gonna miss you. But we can still talk to each other and stuff. And with that new gun of yours, it can be any time you want!"

"Yeah...." I pet Pinkie's mane and she giggled.

"I'll let you have some rest. You're gonna need it." She left the bedroom and I flopped down onto my bed and fell asleep.