• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 17,415 Views, 662 Comments

Drake's Empire - Pentel123



When a brony makes a wish to change the world it turns out a whole lot differently that he expected

  • ...
106
 662
 17,415

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Unexpected House Guest

Chapter 22: Unexpected House Guest
House guest should be regarded as perishables: Leave them out to long and they go bad. –Erma Bombeck

The sun was slowly setting beyond the horizon, as the moon and stars took their place. Spike was sitting in the Golden Oaks Library, retelling his tale for the fifth time, in the many days since he and the girls had returned from the wedding. Candles cast a soft yellow glow over the bookshelves, as Twilight poured over her chicken scratch notes, asking questions and generally interrogating Spike, still unsatisfied with the answers he gave her.

“Twilight, we’ve been over this four times already! I’ve told you everything I can. Let’s stop and do something, anything, else?” Spike pleaded, his sanity wearing thin from the constant barrage of questions. Twilight looked up from her notes, and the myriad of history books she had stacked up around her.

“Not yet Spike.” Twilight said before turning her attention to the books surrounding her. “No… No… No…” She muttered as she looked through them. “Spike, tell me more about the ruins. What did it look, who built it, was there anything left standing? Was there any writings left behind?”

Spike sighed. Drake had been very clear that he didn’t want Twilight to know about Epistaties or the library, and he had already told her everything he could about the Empire without revealing anything about those forbidden items. “Twilight I have already said everything I can. If you want to know more talk to Drake.”

“But Drake left and no one knows where he went. Even worse there is nothing about this in any of my books; no mention of a massive civilization anywhere.” Twilight whined, she briefly granted books and notes the power of flight, only to have the law of gravity reassert itself.

“My guess would be, that Discord’s rule destroyed any record of it. Even the griffins we met didn’t know about it.” Spike said picking up Twilights mess, like usual. Twilight sighed in defeat and helped Spike put everything away, agreeing that tomorrow he could do anything he wanted and she would leave him alone about his adventure.

With the library cleaned, the two of them climbed stairs heading for their bedrooms; Twilight to her old comfortable bed and Spike to his new and still difficult to sleep in bed they had bought his first day in Ponyville. They were near the top when something heavy crashed into the library. Twilight almost fell from the stairs, knocked off balance from the impact. Spike caught and steadied her, while using his claws to hold himself in place.

“What was that?!” Twilight yelled.

“I don’t know, but I am going to find out.” Spike said with a hint of anger in his voice. If someone was going to put his family at risk they were in for a world of hurt. Spike jumped down, using his wings to slow his drop and ran to the door. He threw it open and started stalking around the tree as Twilight followed behind him.

“Spike wait, whatever hit us was big. Let me handle this.”

“No. I can handle this Twilight.” Spike said as the perpetrator came into view. Once he saw what had hit them, Spike’s anger was swapped with surprise and worry. Drake was laying up against the tree, a furrow carved in the ground where he had skid before colliding with the tree. His right arm looked swollen and bent at a wrong angle. His face and left arm were bleeding where he was missing scales. The pattern of the missing scales made it look as if someone had torn them out using a cheese grater. His chest rose and fell unsteadily as if each breath was a struggle. As Spike got closer Drake began coughing. Once the fit had subsided Spike saw some blood on the ground before him.

“Twilight help! It’s Drake and he’s hurt bad.” Spike called, trying to decide if he should move Drake or let him stay where he was.

“Sweet Celestia what happened to him?” Twilight gasped when she saw Drake, bringing a hoof to her mouth and taking a step back.

“Help now, ask question later.” Spike said gentle lifting Drake away from the tree and laying him on to the ground, with a grunt. Despite the training Spike had done, Drake was over twice his size. Twilight moved forward shakily, doing her best to ignore the blood pooling on the ground. When she tried to cast a scanning spell on Drake to learn the true extent of his injuries, she was met by a nasty surprise.

“My magic’s not working! Why isn’t my magic working!?” Twilight shrieked when her spell failed to work on Drake. She tried again and again, but to no avail.

“Twilight?”

“Spike something’s wrong! My magic won’t work on him!” Twilight said starting to hyperventilate. “There’s somepony dying on my doorstep and my magic isn’t working!!”

“Calm down.” Drake wheezed, catching both of them off guard. “It’s.. n-not your magic.”

“Drake what happened to you? Can you move?” Spike asked leaning in close to hear him better.

“W-what h-h-happened... n..ot i-important... right now. Need... med-dical hel-p.” Drake whispered. The injuries he had sustained having grown worse during his flight before the crash finally incapacitated him.

“Okay, okay I’ll go get someone.” Spike said when Twilight tapped him on the shoulder.

“Spike, I don’t think he will fit in the hospital.” She said, a worried look etched on her face.

“I wasn’t thinking the hospital. Remember how bad a pony doctor was when I had troubles after my birthday.” Spike said turning towards the Everfree. “I am going to get Zecora. While I am looking for her, can you get Fluttershy?”

“Why do you want me to get Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

“She should have enough bandages and know how to stop the bleeding, and start checking him over until I get back.” Spike said, taking off for the Everfree.

“Spike wait!” Twilight said. “Fluttershy is afraid of dragons.” Her words fell on deaf ears as Spike sped towards the forest.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Fluttershy was rudely awakened by a frantic knocking at her door. When she first heard it; she pulled her covers over herself and hid under the sheets whimpering. The pounding on the door continued unceasing in its fervor frightening the poor pegasus all the more. Then the knocker started shouting. Fluttershy was unable to hear most of what was said over her whimpering, but three words stood out to her. “…help…hurt…bleeding…”

With speed that would make light look twice, Fluttershy was opening her door, saddle bags filled with medical supplies and a first-aid kit in her mouth. “Where?!” she asked, barely noticing who it was standing before her.

“The library." Twilight said, pulling her hoof back at the last second. Without another word or glance Fluttershy was gone. Twilight blinked as the timid pegasus disappeared. Looking down the trail back the way she had come Twilight saw no sign of Fluttershy.

Wondering if perhaps Rainbow Dash was impersonating Fluttershy that night, Twilight teleported back to the library hoping to catch Fluttershy before she got there, and help deal with any trouble Drakes draconic nature may have caused for the kindhearted mare.

When Twilight arrived, she saw that Drake was already fully bandaged and Fluttershy was checking him over; doing whatever it was she still needed to do. Twilight’s jaw dropped as her mind attempted to process how Fluttershy beat her back to the library, and also had already bandaged Drakes rather large body. “Wha- Ho- When- I don’t understand?” Twilight cried, the night starting to wear on her.

“I find it best not to question how Fluttershy does anything.” Said a new voice next to Twilight, causing her lose control of her legs and jump into the air, then fall onto her belly. Looking at the latest assault on her sanity, Twilight was greeted by Pinkie Pie drinking from a massive cup through the silliest of silly straws.

“You find it hard to understand how Fluttershy works... You?!” Twilight ranted, having finally found her breaking point. “Wait, what are you even doing here?”

“Well I was in bed asleep, dreaming about quantum mechanics, when my Pinkie sense went crazy. At first I thought it was just something falling from the sky, then it turned into a real doozy.” Pinkie said taking a sip from her drink, causing the caramel colored beverage to follow a roller coaster ride before coming into the stomach station.

“You dream about quantum mechanics?” Twilight deadpanned, before remembering who she was talking to and the night she was having. “On second thought, what kind of a doozy?”

“Don’t know, but whatever it is it will be big.” Pinkie said, slurping the last bits of her drink down and throwing the container away. The effects of drinking several gallons of soda hitting her as soon as she finished, Pinkie started dancing on the tips of her hooves. “Um Twi...”

“YES! Go!” Twilight yelled, realizing what Pinkie was going to ask.

“Will you keep it down! Drake is very badly hurt and needs all the rest he can get.” Fluttershy yelled softly at Twilight, as she finished looking over her patient.

Twilight flinched, turning to face the perturbed pegasus. “Sorry Fluttershy,” Twilight said softly. “Still, I am amazed by how quickly you patched him up, especially since he is a dragon.”

“He’s hardly patched up; he’s holding something in his right hand that he won’t let go of, so I can’t set his arm properly. His ribs are cracked, and even with all the medical supplies I have hidden around town for emergencies, I can’t bind them properly. All I really did was stop the bleeding and give him enough painkillers to sleep soundly.” Fluttershy said, blushing at Twilight’s praise.

Twilight smiled at Fluttershy’s humility, her soothing tone and serene demeanor helping Twilight calm down. “Thank you, I don’t know what happened to him or why he came here, but thank you. Do you want to come in and wait to see if Zecora will need any help once Spike finds her, or do you want to head home?” Twilight asked glancing up wondering where he was.

“Oh, yes please. You wouldn’t happen to have any tea would you? That is if you don’t mind. Its not important.” Fluttershy said meekly as Twilight began escorting her in.

“Of course.” Twilight said with a smile, closing the door behind them.

* * * * * * * * * * *

As Twilight rushed to Fluttershy’s cottage, Spike flew through the air over the Everfree, making a beeline for Zecora’s hut. Much to his frustration, despite the late hour, Zecora wasn’t there. Muttering swears he had picked up from the griffins, Spike took off searching everywhere in the forest for Zecora. After far too long Spike found her gathering pollen from some strange flowers in a tiny clearing deep in the forest.

“Zecora,” Spike called out, relieved to have finally found her, “I need you to come with me, now!”

“How do you know my name beast? Of me you will not make a feast.” Zecora called back, grabbing her staff and crouching down.

“Zecora its Spike, Twilights assistant, don’t you recognize me?” Spike asked as he smacking into the ground near her.

“The one of who you speak, is much more meek.” Zecora said, taking a step back but not breaking eye contact.

“I may be bigger now, and I would be happy to tell you about how that happened. Right now someone I know is hurt, very badly hurt and I need you to help him.” Spike said taking a step forward and reaching out only to have his claw smack by Zecora’s staff.

“Let the town doctors provide help before I make you yelp.”

“They can’t help him. He’s a dragon. Look you helped me and Twilight with the greed thing. You know more about dragons than anyone in Ponyville. Please I’m begging you.” Spike pleaded fighting back the tears beginning to for in his eyes. “Zecora I am not here to harm you. If you want I can leave now, if you promise to go the library in Ponyville right now.”

Zecora took a long hard look at the dragon before her. Though the dark of the night had stopped her from making out more than his shape before, at that moment a strong gust moved some cloud allowing the pale light of the waning moon to fall on him. With the light to give his features definition Zecora could tell that the dragon before her was indeed who he said he was. Zecora relaxed but stayed back from Spike.

“The light tells the truth, you are that dragon youth. I shall help your friend, but first this task I must end.” Zecora said grabbing a jar and putting a bit more pollen in one before sealing the jar and returning it to the back. She threw the back on her back and took off towards her hut. As she ran through the trees Spike flew overhead fighting the urge to pick her up in order the speed up the process.

They arrived at Zecora’s hut quickly. “Just let me grab my kit and we will make your friend fit.” She said as she went inside. A moment later Zecora came back out bulging saddlebags on her sides. With a word of warning Zecora let Spike pick her up and fly them to the library.

Spike flew a quickly as he could holding Zecora underneath himself tightly so as not to drop her. Zecora kept her eyes closed and muttered calming chants under her breath. Were not the urgency so great she would never have agreed to let Spike carry her but if a life was truly on the line could she let her fear prevent her from saving it?

Once they reached the library Spike set Zecora down gently before landing besides her. Zecora walked up to the bandaged Drake and shook her head. “Is this the one you said was going to soon be dead?”

“Yes…” Spike said slowly noticing a twitch in Zecora’s eye.

“This creature bandaged tight is the reason you made me endure the horrors of flight.” Zecora said now walking towards Spike.

“Zecora I can explain.” Spike said starting to back up. “When he showed up he was bleeding very badly and it looked like he had several broken bones. I came to find you so we could make sure he was properly treated while Twilight went to get Fluttershy to administer first-aid until I brought you back.”

Zecora stopped inches away from Spike’s snout looking down at him harshly. Just as she was about to say something Fluttershy and Twilight came out of the library.

“Oh thank goodness you’re here.” Twilight said levitating a lantern out illuminating the yard. “Fluttershy bound the worst of it we really need your help.” As the light fell across Drake Zecora saw the bandages were already becoming soaked with his blood and would need to be changed soon. Perhaps it was a bad a Spike had claimed.

Zecora went over to Drake again and with Fluttershy’s help started going over and taking care of Drake’s injuries. Twilight set the lantern on a pole that she brought out with her magic and went back inside muttering something about writing to the princesses to make sure Discord was still sealed in his prison. Spike remained outside watching the mare work before passing out in the yard.

* * * * * * * * * *

Twilight stirred groggily the next morning calling on Spike to shut the blinds so she could steal a few more moments of slumber. When the sun continued its relentless assault on her eyelids she Twilight sat up so see why her desires had been ignored. As she cracked her eye, still refusing to accept that day had come and she must greet it, Twilight saw the Spike’s new bed was empty with the sheets untouched. As the events of the previous night rushed back to her Twilight jumped out of bed only to crash land when she heard the toilet flush.

As Twilight picked herself up off the ground, Pinkie Pie came out a look of pure bliss on her face. “Ah, so much better. Thanks for letting me use your bathroom Twilight.” Pinkie said when she saw her friend lying on the floor.

“Pinkie has you been in there since last night?” Twilight asked flabbergasted.

“Yep, having that third Super Slurpee Slipper Soda was a bad idea.” Pinkie said heading for the stairs.

“But didn’t you wake up just before coming over last night?” Twilight asked still attempting to make sense of the morning.

“Yep, I needed something as a pick-me-up.” Pinkie said bouncing down the stairs.

Twilight just shook her head, filed it away in the Pinkie being Pinkie folder and went about her morning routine. Just as she was lifting the brush to her mane Pinkie came running back up the stairs switching between an oh-isn’t-that-adorable face and Twilight-I-think-we-might-have-a-problem face. Twilight sighed, and turned away from the mirror to the mare with her back against the door.

“Pinkie, what is it?” Twilight said as calm as possible

“Well I went outside and it looks like Zecora and Fluttershy were both here late last night and decided to sleep under Spike’s wings. The three of them look absolutely adorable.” Pinkie said wistfully.

“Okay so why did you come running up here?”

“It occurs to me that having a dragon in your lawn might attract a large amount of attention. While I am all for that I have a feeling that Drake would be very much opposed to such a situation right now.” Pinkie replied pulling out a series of charts to illustrate her point.

Twilight didn’t even question or try to interpret the charts instead she just nodded along.

“Then what should we do with him?” Twilight asked doing her best to be unfazed.

“Build a giant wooden horse and use it to smuggle him out of town. Or, Or we could paint him the same color as marble and claim he is a new statue. Then again why don’t we just ask Zecora and Fluttershy since they are the ones that patched him up?” Pinkie said pulling out cards illustrating her suggestions.

“Pinkie are you okay? That last one actually made sense.” Twilight asked as she passed her to go down the stairs and see just what was to be done.

“Yep. I really thought you would be more surprised by the charts and the cards. I made them just for you. It took a long time. By the way isn’t this a great place for the scene to end” Pinkie said bouncing along after Twilight.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Drake woke to darkness and numbness. That is to say he couldn’t see or feel a thing. The latter a welcome relief from the pain he had endured since his battle with Chrysalis, but the former sent him into a panic causing him to start thrashing about as best he could. As he thrashed he thought he heard someone speaking to him, but whatever blinded him also muffled his hearing. Once his sense of feel started to return he felt something constricting his chest, and the arm he had broken. Rather than calm down thinking perhaps someone had aided him, he panicked more. He tried to roar to yell to call out, but his mouth was bound as well.

After what felt like an eternity, something removed the bandages blinding him. As Drake’s eyes adjusted to the sudden presences of light he saw a figure silhouetted before him, Wings on its back outstretched, long flowing hair moving in the breeze.

“Are you an angel? Am I dead?” Drake asked himself, his mind addled by the painkiller he had been given and the pain that was returning.

“Shhhhh it will be okay, just calm down, no one is going to hurt you.” The figure said in a calming voice. “You are hurt very badly, but me and my friend managed to treat your injuries.” It then landed next to him. By this point Drake’s eyes adjusted to the lights and he saw Fluttershy on the ground before him gentle stroking his snout through its bandages. Drake stopped and took a moment to figure out why Fluttershy was before him. Unfortunately the days spent in a haze had clouded his memory. The last clear memory he had was taking the egg from the changelings. THE EGG!? Where is it?!

Fluttershy watched as Drakes expression went from confused to concerned hysterical. Then she heard him trying to speak straining to break the bandages that wrapped around his mouth. Already she could see fresh blood beginning to leak through along his cheek.

“Please stop. You are starting to bleed again.” Fluttershy said hopping up and hovering in front of his eyes. Drake just attempted to stand and began beating at his face with the cast on his right hand and bandages on his left attempting to rip the bandages off. The realization that he probably could have started with this when he awoke flying right over him.

“Stop, you need to rest. Before you hurt yourself.” Fluttershy said Drake’s hysterics scaring her, but the sight of blood on the wrappings and knowledge that he needed help kept her from fleeing despite really wanting to. Just as she thought she might have to restore to drastic measures to stop him Drake stopped and returned to the ground slowly laying down gingerly. His bandages were in disarray but still held tightly and kept him muted. He then looked her in the eyes giving the most distressed look he could manage while pointing at his mouth with the white wad that was his left hand.

Fluttershy understood what he wanted, her years with animals making her an expert at reading nonverbal communications. “You want me to cut the bandages off?” She asked getting a nod from Drake. “Okay, but only if you promise to stay calm. You are very badly hurt it is going to take time for you to heal.” Fluttershy fluttered to her cabin to get a set of scissors to remove the bandages. When she came back out Drake as standing at the back of her cabin waiting. With a sigh Fluttershy began cutting running down each side of Drake’s snout until his jaw was free. Once the bandages feel away Drake started stretched his jaw only to stop once he remembered the pony he was dealing with.

“Thank you Fluttershy. I have several questions, but the most pressing one is this: Where is the pink egg I was carrying?” Drake said looking down at her before laying back down with a wince. Having his front legs bound up made it really tough to stand, but at least it took the pressure off his chest.

“I don’t know. We never saw an egg.” Fluttershy replied standing a fair distance back now that he was awake and speaking she started to remember the kind of pony he was. Unpredictable.

“No, no no. You see I had that egg with me the whole time I was flying here, well to Ponyville anyway, so I know that I had it when I landed ever so gracefully before I passed out. Now Fluttershy, let me stop worrying and tell me were that egg is.” Drake said as calmly as he could but the distress of the missing egg was causing him so worry, that and the large rock that made it into his cast.

“We never saw-“

“We who?” Drake said.

“Zecora and I, we are the ones that took care of you after you crashed into Twilight’s Library last night. We never saw an egg.” Fluttershy said looking at the ground. She then looked up and saw Drake beginning to stand a look of anger on his face. Then she saw his right hand still in the fist it had held since he crashed. “Wait, we didn’t find an egg, but you had something in your right hand you wouldn’t let go of. We had to leave it there when we put the case on around it and whatever it was holding.” Fluttershy said the argument over were to try and pry the hand open or just set it with the hand closed and hope for the best coming back to her.

Drake looked his right hand, or more accurately the cast around it. Then he felt the rock in his cast again. Rock in his cast. ROCK in his cast!! “Fluttershy, sweetie, honey,” Drake said with as much syrup as he could muster. “Would you do me a huge favor and take this cast off?” For an added touch Drake put on his best puppy dog face.

“I don’t think…” Fluttershy started only to stop when Drake put his other hand in front of her as if trying to use one finger to shh her.

“Let me rephrase that. Take this cast off right now.” Drake said keeping his tone polite as a dark look came over his face. Fluttershy eeped and fled into her house. Drake initially assumed she went to get a tool to take the cast off with, but when she didn’t come back out that theory started to lose credibility. He knocked on her door and called out to her. “Fluttershy, are you getting something to remove the cast with, so scissors or maybe a saw since your scissors are already out here.

“There’s no Flut- Fluttershy here.” A voice said almost so softly Drake didn’t hear it. Drake thought about pressing the issue but realized trying to drag her out would only make her more scared, and less likely to aid him. Hmm, how should I deal with this? I don’t want to scare her… more than I already have, but I have to get this cast of if what I feel on my hand is that egg. Drake though as she plopped down near the door only to wince and roll over once his chest hit the ground.

As Drake lay thinking, Zecora walked up having come to check on him. Drake didn’t hear her until he saw her standing in front of him.

“Can I help you?” Drake asked as she looked at him. Zecora took off her bags and stepped closer.

“Where is Fluttershy, have you done something to make her hide.” Zecora said as she began poking him and checking his bandages.

“I told her she needs to take my cast off. She disagreed, but since you are here could you do me a favor and remove it.” Drake said hopefully then waited for Zecora’s reply.

“Why, though without it you won’t die, to set the bone it must remain at home.” Zecora said once she finished her checks. Noting the flash of frustration in Drake’s eyes.

“I really really really need you to take this cast off. There is something in my hand that I need to get out. You can put it back on afterwards.” Drake said raising the bound fist.

“If I say no, will you let it go?” Zecora asked only to be disappointed when Drake shook his head.

“Fine, but this is close to the line.” Zecora said as she began to remove the cast.

“Thank you, this is really important.” Drake said still upside down. “So where do you come from anyway?”

“Silence fool, don’t make me cut you.” Zecora said waving the scissors.

“Touchy subject then?” Drake asked only to get a glare. “Fine, Fine. So how long do you think until Fluttershy comes out?”

“Do you always speak, babbling like a creek?” Zecora said pressing down on each side of the line she had cut forcing the cast open with a crack.

“No, not usually, did ya’ll give me some kinda painkiller the other night?” Drake asked pulling his arm away from Zecora and opening it gently unto his upturned chest. When he lifted his hand away a pink glowing egg streak with his blood rested on his chest. Drake breathed out a sigh of relief as he began to look from a bag to put it in. When he saw nothing to use he frowned. Zecora was also frowning.

“Where did you get this, what monster did you kiss?” Zecora said.

“I kissed no monster. I killed one though.” Drake said carefully rolling over and standing on his three good limbs.

“It stinks of chaos, like somepony that has never used floss.”

“It sucks having to rhyme doesn’t it? Why do you do it?” Drake said attempting to change the subject as he started walking around the cottage only from Zecora to hit his hind leg dropping him to the ground.

“Hey!” Drake yelled as he held the egg away from his body.

“My vocabulary is not your concern, and your arms freedom is yet to be earned.” Zecora said pulling out fresh cast materials as she knocked on Fluttershy’s door.

“Fine, leave me my fingers free and have her bring a bag out.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Two days later Drake was walking, well maybe limping is a better word for it, into Ponyville beside Fluttershy. The egg was in a pair of saddlebags that had been modified to sit at the base of Drake’s shoulders where they meet with his serpentine neck. Fluttershy had tried to insist that Drake remain at her place, but he was adamant that he accompany her into town. Fluttershy just hoped it wouldn’t cause a panic, Drake didn’t care.

“Let them panic, the ones worth talking to will be the ones that come after me rather than run away.” Drake said nonchalantly.

“Does that mean I’m not worth talking to?” Fluttershy asked the ease with which Drake was willing to dismiss ponies grating her nerves, though she would never admit it.

“As I recall you were one of the first ponies to help me when I came here, and did not run when you met me in Canterlot.” Drake said looking over at Fluttershy who hovered next to him. She had started out walking, but felt more comfortable being at eye level rather than having him look down at her. Before Fluttershy could reply they heard some angry voice just beyond the hill before them.

“Celestia bucking Tartarus, course this happens today!” The voice yelled out with a southern twang. Silence reigned for a few moments before being followed up with more anger.

“Oh don’t ya ‘Eeyup’ me Big Mac. If we don’t get this to market then ponies are going to go lookin’ elsewhere. They might even buy pears. PEARS!” The voice, now easily identifiable as Applejack, raged.

Fluttershy rushed ahead of Drake who limped along as quickly as he could. Once he crested the hill, Drake saw that the rear axle of the Apple Families apple cart had broken leaving it immobilized on the road into Ponyville. Applejack was kicking up dirt and ranting about what this mishap was going to cost them while Mac was looking at the axle trying to decide if it could be salvaged. Fluttershy had gone down and was trying to calm Applejack down, but Applejack wasn’t listening and continued to rant against anything and everything,

Drake limped up to the scene unnoticed until Big Mac looked up and froze. Drake decided to play along and looked past Mac to Applejack. Putting on the toothiest grin he could manage, Drake put a finger to his lips and winked at Big Mac. Big Mac focused on the fact that Drake was a dragon and completely missing his bound state started trying to warn Applejack whispering out the side of his mouth and doing his best to keep still.

“Sis, quite down. Sis, there is a dragon here. Applejack look behind you!” Big Mac frantically whispered as Drake snaked his head down beside her.

“Not now dragon. Can’t you see I am dealing with something serious?.” Applejack said not missing a beat. Drake frowned but brought his head up mouthing to Fluttershy

“How did she know?” to which Fluttershy just shrugged. When Applejack paused to catch her breathe Drake spoke up, mostly because he was tired of hearing about where pear should be shoved and how.

“Sooooo, do ya’ll need some help or do you want to continue your conniption.” Drake asked as Fluttershy explained to Mac why a big blue dragon was on the road into Ponyville.

“Well what do you reckon?” Applejack asked sarcastically waving a hoof at the busted cart which still sat where it chose to break.

“Look, do you want help with your doohickey or not?”

“The Apple Family Apple Cart is not a doohickey, it is an heirloom that has helped keep the farm afloat all these long years.” Applejack said angrily

“So help, yay or neigh?”

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said cutting Applejack off before she could continue antagonizing Drake, or Drake her.

Author's Note:

Hey, it is finally out, and back to Drake's story at that. The delay was thanks to a busy summer and even busier return to classes. I make no promises about the speed of the next other than this it will happen. I am in a creative writing class this semester so hopefully that will help with the future chapters.

As always a special thanks to Alfamaxis and Ineffective one for being my awesome edittors. If you like this story please do favorite and like it. I welcome all comments, but would prefer any criticisms be PMed, praise in publics and criticize in private if you have ever heard that phrase. That said I welcome and encourage criticism. It helps me to develope as a writer.

Also for those of you that have been following for some time chapter 3 is now revised and ready to be reread. Thank you and have an excellent weekend.

PreviousChapters Next