• Published 6th Aug 2017
  • 3,918 Views, 797 Comments

Robot Pony - Dreadnought

  • ...
22
 797
 3,918

PreviousChapters
May the Fourth

“Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah!!!” cackled Nightmare Moon. She shot a beam of magic, destroying a carved statue and wrecking the ceiling of the throne room.

Princess Celestia stepped forward into the devastation to face her sister. She took to the air, immediately having to dodge a blast from Nightmare Moon.

“Luna, I will not fight you! You must lower the moon! It is your duty!” ordered Princess Celestia.

“Luna? I am... Nightmare Moon!” she retorted. “I have but one royal duty now: to destroy you!” She shot another blast of magic at her sister.

Princess Celestia avoided the discharge and flew up through the hole in the ceiling.

“And where do you think you're going?” taunted Nightmare Moon before taking flight after her sister.

Chasing her sister, Nightmare Moon shot blast after blast. Princess Celestia circled around the castle then dove down under an aqueduct. Each shot missed, hitting the castle instead and exploding pieces of stone everywhere. Celestia climbed higher and at last Nightmare Moon had a clean shot. It hit Princess Celestia squarely in the chest, causing her to plummet back into the throne room. Nightmare Moon laughed in delight at her victory over the Princess of the Sun.

A seemingly lifeless body lay on the floor. At last Princess Celestia slowly rose to her hooves. With a breaking heart, she declared, “Oh, dear sister. I am sorry, but you have given me no choice but to use these.”

The floor rumbled and parted. A large stone plinth rose up, revealing the Elements of Harmony. Using her magic, Princess Celestia floated the Elements to her. They circled her faster and faster until they became blurring rings. With renewed determination, she flew back up through the hole in the ceiling to face her sister.

Nightmare Moon summoned dark magic.

With tears in her eyes, Princess Celestia summoned the power of the Elements.

A blast of dark magic shot towards Princess Celestia.

A blast of harmony shot towards Nightmare Moon.

The two blasts met in a blinding flash. The harmony pushed back the dark magic, enveloping the dark alicorn. “Nooooooo!” cried Nightmare Moon as she was carried off to space.

Celestia gazed skywards, tears streaming down her cheeks.


Princess Celestia wearily trudged through Canterlot, too tired to fly. Subjects poured into the streets to greet their sovereign.

“Princess Celestia, what’s going on?”
“Princess Celestia, why did the moon not lower?”
“Princess Celestia, what was that blast of magic?”

Stopping, she addressed her subjects. “Hear me. Princess Luna has fallen to dark magic. She refused to lower the moon and attempted to bring eternal night.” Murmurs swept through the assembled crowd as she continued. “Fear not, I used the Elements of Harmony to banish her to the moon!” A white wing pointed skyward.

“Uh, your highness?” began a subject.

“Yes?”

“That’s no moon.”


Nightmare Moon stood in fire control. “Target Canterlot. Single reactor only.” Addressing to Governor Tarkin, she said, “Now we will witness the power of this battle station.” Turning back to the operator, she proclaimed “Fire!”

Each of the giant turbolasers fired to a central point, before combining into one massive beam. The beam shot towards the planet below. The beam impacted with overwhelming force, blowing Canterlot off the mountain.

TVSTATIC

Author's Note:

May the Fourth be with you!

PreviousChapters