• Published 17th Nov 2016
  • 4,430 Views, 3,106 Comments

The Mask Makes the Pony - kudzuhaiku



Flicker Nicker has joined the Rat Catcher's Guild. He's rather good at it, but wants to be better.

  • ...
28
 3,106
 4,430

PreviousChapters
Chapter 82

It was a perfect, sunny day, and somehow, that felt wrong. Funerals were supposed to be rainy, dreary days, sad days, grey days with melancholy skies. This day was nothing of the sort. The newspaper headlines were ablaze with promises and pledges of unity, of togetherness, all to present a united front to the enemy. From tragedy had come inspiration, a sense of purpose, a will and desire to do better.

Even though so much of it focused upon him, Flicker could draw no comfort from it. Inside, there was only a hollow ache that begged to be filled with something, like a decayed tooth, it throbbed with cold emptiness. At least he had his orders, his duties, and his sense of purpose. That soothed the ache a little, but not much, and it stayed his hoof from rash action or petty, meaningless vengeance.

Also, he had Knick-Knack, whom he doted on rather than eat breakfast.

During his absence, her cutie mark had appeared at a young, tender age, and Flicker felt regret for not being there with her when it had happened. His mother had told him the story several times now, and would likely tell him several times more. He didn’t mind, it was a pleasant distraction and his mother’s words gave him a much needed mote of happiness.

For being a good filly, Twisty had taken Knick-Knack into town to purchase a new doll, but the little filly wanted a toy locomotive. She had begged and pleaded for it, even cried for it, and Twisty, being the soft-hearted mother she was, broke down and spent a considerable sum on the toy locomotive, which was made from real metal and was so very detailed.

Not long after the purchase, Knick-Knack had her cutie mark; a chugging locomotive. It was a good mark, and Flicker was happy. He hoped that his sister would do more than just operate a train though, he hoped that she would one day design and build better trains. Even in his current troubled state, his hopes and dreams for his little sister persisted.

Hope sprang eternal, a lesson that Flicker was still learning.

For his sister to design and build better locomotives, she had to have a bright and promising future. She, like so many others, had to have a future, and Flicker was determined to ensure that the future continued to exist. His own future, it seemed, had been determined, and he would serve.

“Give me that little fuzzball,” Twisty said to Flicker. “She’s sticky from breakfast. I’m going to clean her up before we go.”

Hesitant, not wishing to let go, Flicker kissed Knick-Knack one last time, which caused her to begin giggling. Feeling a keen sense of regret, he placed her on his mother’s back, and then watched as Twisty walked away from the table. Leaning forward, Flicker rested his forelegs on the edge of the table, and was only somewhat aware of the fact that Hennessy was staring at him.

Madam Pakora began clearing away the breakfast dishes, sniffling, her eyes red and puffy. She paused, lingering near Hennessy for a moment, and the corners of her eyes wrinkled as she smiled. “A cookie for your thoughts, Hennessy.”

Startled, Hennessy let out a squeak, and perhaps because he was caught off guard, he responded with total and complete honesty. “I was just thinking that Flicker here would be a good daddy. Mine was a total shit…” His words trailed off and he sat there, blinking, his lips still moving, but nothing was being said.

“And even though your own family was ruinous, you still have hope of goodness?” Madam Pakora’s smile widened a bit, causing her plump cheeks to press up into the corners of her eyes.

“Yeah… I guess… maybe?” Hennessy’s eyes darted from the left to the right, and he glanced at Piper. Flustered, the earth pony colt then looked to Conk, who was busy reading a newspaper. “I think a part of me wants to prove that I can do better than my own parents.”

Without warning, Piper let out a sudden, terrifying belch, egg-scented, and then she clutched her stomach while moaning, “I don’t think my liver likes breakfast, but I sure did.” She began panting, trying to cope with the sudden burst of pain, and her yellow eyes blinked several times in rapid succession.

Snorting, Conk used his paper to fan away the befouled air while shaking his head.


The carriage was stuck in traffic, but Flicker wasn’t worried. They had left early, knowing that most of the city would be trying to reach the cemetery. It was warm, too warm, and the hot press of so many bodies crammed into such a tiny space left him a sweaty mess. Most of the time, his mother’s wings were comforting things, but right now, they left Flicker hot, prickled, and itchy.

Even though the traffic didn’t bother him, Flicker was peeved for other reasons. He had a house now—though it had come to him through terrible circumstances—and a housekeeper too. He had the means to provide a comfortable, wonderful life for his parents—both of whom wanted to continue to live in their farmhouse in Ponyville. The rejection—for Flicker took it as such—stung. On top of all of the other hurt he felt, this just felt like rubbing salt in his many wounds.

But, being the good, dutiful son that he was, he said nothing.

The carriage lurched and began to move forward, but Flicker knew that they would stop again soon enough. Sweat ran down his face and made his mane stick to his neck. Sitting across from him, Piper looked miserable as well, and she clutched her stomach. Hennessy didn’t seem bothered by the heat or the humidity at all, he was humming to himself even, and Flicker hated him just a tiny bit.

If he had to suffer, then everypony should have to suffer, or so the petulant colt thought as the carriage slowed to a halt.


The cemetery was packed, overflowing with far too many mourners. Standing beneath a canopy was Princess Luna, though Princess Celestia was nowhere to be seen. Beside Princess Luna was Prince Gosling, and she was weeping against his neck. Seeing it made Flicker feel strange, a sensation that he lacked the means to describe.

There was no casket, but there was a statue. Flicker could see a hint of its outline beneath the black shroud covering it. A large lump appeared in his throat, almost choking him, and his vision blurred over. This was almost too much to bear, and right now, more than anything, Flicker wished that he was alone, that he had some privacy while paying his respects.

“Mister Nicker?”

Turning about, Flicker saw a filly on the verge of marehood, or a mare that still appeared to be a filly. She seemed to be about the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and she had a beautiful silver pelt that stood out in sharp contrast to the black gown she wore. Thick glasses were askew on her face, and the bottom of the lenses were smudged with tears.

“It’s you,” she said in a relieved voice. “My name is Silver Spoon. It’s funny, I feel as though I know you, my uncle talked about you a great deal.”

Ears drooping, Flicker bowed his head a bit and he watched as her barrel began hitching with each breath she took. Silver Spoon’s voice wavered a bit, making her sound more like a filly, and he realised that she was fighting to keep from crying, which made it quite difficult for him to keep his own composure.

“I understand that you and my uncle were very close,” she continued, and she gave Flicker a brave smile. “He saw you as a son. Sterling was my favourite uncle… he was a good pony and he was one of the ponies that steered me away from being a bully. He taught me to respect myself and when I did that, I began to respect others.” She paused, sniffled for a bit, and the corners of her mouth convulsed while she battled to keep the smile on her face.

“If my uncle saw you as a son, then I would like for you to be a part of our family.” Silver Spoon’s lower lip quivered and her nostrils flared while she sucked in great gulps of air. “I would like to get to know you better and I am hoping that we can be friends. I would be a terrible pony if I didn’t look after my uncle’s son.”

“I would like that, Miss Spoon.”

“Sit with me?” she asked. “I don’t know if I can get through this alone.”

Glancing over at Piper and Hennessy, Flicker saw them both nodding. All of this was strange, weird, it was new to him and he felt out of place, out of sorts. With Piper and Hennessy’s encouragement, he returned his gaze to Silver Spoon. “I will remain with you, if you will have me. We can make it through this together.” Then, as an afterthought he added, “My door will always be open to you and you will always be welcome as my guest.”

“I would like that…” Silver Spoon’s eyes glazed over and she tried to blink away the tears, but failed. They rolled down her cheeks in great, fat droplets, then fell to the earth where they clung to the blades of grass like glittering diamonds.

Then, without warning, Flicker had a stout earth pony hanging off of his neck. Bracing his front legs, he stood there, rigid, not knowing what to do. She was weeping, this was awkward, and Flicker realised that he had some trouble connecting to other ponies. With one front leg braced in place, he lifted the other, and wrapped it around her while she wept.

The weight was surprising, not the physical weight, no, this went beyond that and threatened to pull him down. This was a weight only born by maturity, something that Flicker knew that he lacked. This realisation of weakness left him vulnerable, it ripped open every emotional scab in the worst way possible, and Flicker could feel the evidence of his weakness welling up in his eyes.

The sting of tears was unbearable and Flicker would have prefered being stabbed again.


“Lord Sterling Shoe was my best friend, my associate, and my drinking buddy.” Wicked Chandler stood beside the statue with his head bowed and his ears sagging. “Sterling was also my primary antagonist at times and the pony I trusted to give me ‘arsh criticism. This loss ‘as left a 'ole in me ‘eart and I—” The unicorn broke down and shook his head.

White Pepper stepped out of the crowd and went to Wicked’s side, trying to comfort him.

“I can’t do this,” Wicked said in a choked voice. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this. I’m a terrible friend and I can’t deliver 'is eulogy.” Saying nothing else, Wicked hurried away, retreating from the crowd, his wooden peg-leg sinking into the soft earth with each stumbling step.

Looking pained, White Pepper limped off after Wicked, who moved with surprising speed.

Flicker could sense the growing tension, but he didn’t feel like there was anything he could do. Silver Spoon was weeping while she leaned up against him. Knick-Knack was bawling, no doubt because she didn’t understand what was going on, and his mother, Twisty, was trying to shush her. Overhead, the sun shone down without mercy, offering heat that Flicker had no desire for.

Looking around, trying to figure out what might happen next, Flicker saw a curious sight that made his innards clench up tight. The heat had to be getting to him, scrambling his brain, because he saw a zebra with a long ropey mane… and Doctor Sterling stood beside her with an unmistakable bittersweet smile upon his face. Unable to even breathe, Flicker jerked his gaze away from what had to be a hallucination and focused instead upon the black shroud.

Weepy eyed, Princess Luna strode out from beneath her canopy, scattering ponies before her like chickens. The crowd parted to make way for her as she moved with great purpose and determination towards Doctor Sterling’s shroud-covered statue. Following just behind her was Prince Gosling, looking every bit as grim and determined.

“He was Our friend,” Princess Luna said in a booming utterance that was right on the verge of being the ‘Ye Olden Canterlot Voice.’ Drawing herself up to her full height, she scanned the crowd, looking at them with sad, half-closed eyes. “My friend. He was my friend. We do not have a eulogy prepared, but what eulogy would do this pony justice? He died as he lived, a devoted servant to his ideals, his beliefs, and his convictions. If only all of us were so noble as he, this world would be a pleasant, perfect place. There was no servant more devoted than Lord Sterling Shoe and We… I trusted him a great deal. His loss pains Us greatly.”

Princess Luna stood there, statuesque, unmoving for a short time, until she blinked. With a turn of her head, she faced the shrouded statue and took a step back. Horn glowing, she grabbed the shroud, gave it a yank, and revealed the monument statue hidden beneath while the immense sheet of fabric billowed in the high-altitude breeze.

What Flicker saw wasn’t expected, not at all. He expected Doctor Sterling as he was, as a pony. The statue was something else entirely; Doctor Sterling, the Plague Doctor. The first thing that Flicker noticed was that the mask was in perfect detail, nothing was missing or out of place. His head was raised in noble, majestic pose, and Flicker felt that the statue was perfect.

Now, Doctor Sterling would forever watch over the cemetery, vigilant, all decked out and ready to do battle with disease. The mask made him more than a pony, he was a symbol, and poetic notions fluttered around inside of Flicker’s mind like butterflies. On the doctor’s sides were saddlebags, saddlebags that had carried medicine in life, his chosen weapons against plague, pestilence, and disease. Even the doctor’s hat was perfect, the brim broad and flat.

Where others might have seen a terrifying figure with dire connotations, Flicker saw only a comforting sight. His teacher, his role-model, his friend, his Master. Yes, that was the truth of it—Flicker idolised Doctor Sterling and everything he did was an attempt to be just like the doctor. Only now, the doctor was gone and Flicker’s idol was nothing more than a stone memorial, a reminder of the pony that Flicker strove to emulate.

He had only known Doctor Sterling for a year, but what a year it had been.

What a wonderful year it had been.

Trying to swallow the hot, throbbing lump in his throat, Flicker did everything he could to make himself feel some sense of gratitude for the year he had been given. Some ponies had an entire lifetime with their mentors, their friends, their loved ones… and some ponies got a year. Bowing his head, Flicker intended to treasure this year.

“Princess Platinum, we return to you one of your most treasured sons,” Princess Luna said in a voice that almost echoed against the Canterhorn. “Long have your silver-coated offspring been our heroes during dire times. He served in both life and death, giving his life in service to others, and with his death, he inspired a city… no, a nation, reminding us of our noble ideas, the betterment that we all strive for.”

Much to his own terror, Flicker realised that he was filled with a pressing need to say something. His voice straining, he said to the crowd around him, “With the doctor’s final moments, he set everything ablaze to destroy Contagion. His death was my candle.” For the colt, it was the closest he had ever come to poetry, and it scared him in ways he could not explain. “I can only imagine that the flames could be seen all over the city… he lit the largest candle of them all.” Blinking, Flicker now felt very foolish and stupid, and he wished that he hadn’t said anything at all. His cheeks burned with awkward embarrassment and he was all too aware of Silver Spoon leaning up against him.

“How very true,” Princess Luna replied, her eyes narrowing while she peered at Flicker with a peculiar expression upon her grief-stricken face. “Rather than embrace the darkness, rather than despair, rather than just merely dying, Doctor Sterling chose to light up the darkness. Let him be remembered for this! If only we were all so courageous!”

“Light a candle!” somepony cried.

“Yes, let us light a candle!”

“When the midnight hour comes, let us light a candle!”

Extending a wing, Prince Gosling caused the crowd to go silent by just clearing his throat. “Yes, light a candle. Become the light that you wish to see in the world, and live as an example to others, just like Doctor Sterling. From one lit candle can come many others. Without Doctor Sterling and the illuminating example he provided, we would not have Flicker Nicker, our chosen champion to fight the teeming masses beneath us.”

Lifting his head, Flicker realised that everypony was looking at him. He could feel their eyes boring holes through his flesh and into his soul. Even Silver Spoon, sitting beside him, was looking right at him. The colt’s mouth went dry and he felt his nethers clench from anxiety.

“I will light a candle,” he said, his voice cracking, “and I will be a light to others even as I go into darkness.”

Author's Note:

The end.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 88 )

The end, ever so bittersweet. And Flicker, awkwardly teenage-ing through it all. Why is it still marked as incomplete?

Now for OverUnderwatch.

I hate coming to the end of a beloved story. My only consolation is that with your rate of output, I'll be once again struggling to keep up within a week.

Still, a sad, but appropriate, end.

:raritycry: Funerals. Why? Why!?

On a different note...
What a journey. I'm glad I was a part of it. :pinkiehappy:

8094031 I dunno, that seems a bit too much tissue... half a square foot is the most a guy'd ever use.

8094044 I gotta pony size schnozz!:derpyderp2:

8094047
8094044

What guy uses tissues on his nose? :rainbowhuh:

8094047 Touché, rock pony.

Touché.

8094050 Please don't tell me you wipe on your poncho?:pinkiesick:
8094051 Well it does exit as lava and pretty much burns them any way.:unsuresweetie:

edit AACHOO!
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/43/ff/2c/43ff2c1b4a22bdc5d67fe146c29cff0d.gif
Gesundheit.

8094050 Oh, we were talking about noses? YEA, I was totally talking about your schnozz.. :unsuresweetie:

Not what I expected when this all started. I can't say it's my favorite Weed story - but the characters are interesting. I await the sequel(s).

8094094

This has been a mixed bag for me.

Some say this is the best story within the Weedverse, for a variety of reasons, plot progression, character development, pacing, etc, and other people say it is the weakest and I should stick with writing Sumac. Without saying why it is the weakest. :facehoof:

Me, I'm too buzzed right now, euphoric about finishing it to have an opinion, not that I even have one. I don't know how I feel about it. :applejackconfused:

Wow. Simply incredible.

8094105 Huh. I'd have said that this was a stronger story than TSSFF, and while I don't want less Sumac, if given a choice between more Sumac or more Flicker, would pick Flicker, but I can see why people might prefer TSSFF's cast and themes.

Still, you've earned that euphoria, it was a wonderful tale (one of the very few that has ever made me cry), and I shall look forwards the sequels.

8094105

I would have to say, for me, the whole thing felt a bit clunky. I feel that the story was built on major plot points, but missed some of the glue that usually occurs between those plot points. There were parts I would have liked to have seen (some slice-of-life bits during their training, just to learn more about the chars and their interactions) but none of it was important for the overall story advancement or Weedverse plot advancement. Overall, I feel like I know the basic characters, but I don't feel like I truly got to know the characters like I have with Tarnished, or Bucky, or even Maeve.

Here's a solid example. We got to meet Dr. Shoe's housekeeper. But then we don't see her again until now, the day of the funeral. There was a lot of potential for fun interactions there between her and Hennesy, but it never happened. Again, none of that would have been needed for the plot, but it would have been fun and helped round out Hennesy more.

I can't say I didn't like the story, rather it just didn't stand out to me a story that I'll probably re-read for enjoyment. If i re-read it, it will be for the info dump related to the Weedverse as a whole.

8094105

Duh, I completely forgot to compare to Sumac, et al. For me, I'm getting more enjoyment out of Sumac's corner of the Weedverse than I am the Underwatch. Maybe I relate better to Sumac and Co., or maybe it's just how you are composing those stories vs Mask.

Either way, I'm still reading all of it.

This is the best yet from the weedverse.

Hmmm... What would happen if a sorcerer got some zap apple tincture while near an Enshrined?

8094128

Some things had to be cut to get the story to a reasonable length.

A lot of stuff got cut, mostly slice of life stuff to keep this story as an adventure. :applecry:

8094150

All forms of magic become amplified.

And now I'm crying. Fantastic end to an amazing story in an epic series! I can't wait for Underwatch, I need my Flicker fix!

Flicker having poetic, spoken sentiment? How much he has grown. :pinkiesad2:

Very moving scene, well done, a wonderful conclusion to this tale.

I'm glad to see Silver Spoon enter the stage, and hopefully her continued presence, on or off camera will buoy her and Flicker both.

Makes me think the crest for the Underwatch should involve a torch or a lantern.

Easily my favorite entrey in the weedverse if not my favriote on the site. Bravo, my friend bravo.

Hot damn, this was an extremely fitting end to the story, and so many feels were had :raritycry:

“It’s you,” she said in a relieved voice. “My name is Silver Spoon. It’s funny, I feel as though I know you, my uncle talked about you a great deal.”

you wot :derpyderp2:

Totally makes sense, but still left me completely blindsided! Did not expect that appearance.

8094160
So if they were to say make a Shrine that somehow encompasses all the ponies who are Enshrined, Celestia, Luna, ect and Sumac was to go there and use his powers as a Sorcerer, for the time that it is active would they all get get a power boost without him having to be nearby and thus hopefully getting around accidentally boosting their enemies as well?

8094233
Pretty sure Silver Spoon was mentioned earlier in the fic.

8094246

No. Sumac has to be close to the source of output.

If you wanted to increase the power of your voice, you wouldn't put the microphone near your feet. :raritywink:

8094166

I am contemplating having Silver Spoon play a serious role in The Underwatch.

I am totally open to feedback and ideas on subject.

All afternoon, my brain keeps reminding me that there is a good opportunity for growth here.

8094128
I have the feeling we are going to see more of Madame Pakora in the sequel, with Flicker owning the house now.

8094251 Most likely, though I probably have forgotten about it. Or it was a mention which held no direct impact, therefore my brain didn't retain it because I suck at picking up foreshadowing :twilightsheepish:

8094253
...now what if two sorcerers stood next to each other, fully activated? :rainbowhuh:
Assuming it worked in a feedback loop like I would initially guess (though there is probably a caveat I've missed), and combined with the horrendous hypothesis, I could imagine a magic vacuum that would cause epic devestation. Or it stops when the first sorcerer blows up.

8094253

I may have misread your response, but I feel the question was more on the lines of the 'follower boost' being stronger, thus making the Enshrined stronger... if it worked that way. As I said, I could be misreading.

Train engineers are important, whether you are driving or designing.

Oooo, Silver Spoon, now there's an interesting connection that I apparently forgot about. I hope we get to see her as more of a part of the next story.

Looking around, trying to figure out what might happen next, Flicker saw a curious sight that made his innards clench up tight. The heat had to be getting to him, scrambling his brain, because he saw a zebra with a long ropey mane… and Doctor Sterling stood beside her with an unmistakable bittersweet smile upon his face. Unable to even breathe, Flicker jerked his gaze away from what had to be a hallucination and focused instead upon the black shroud.

Oooo.

Alright, that's done. Time to light some candles and go watch some unders.

8094287

My thoughts and feedback on that are going to require my keyboard at home. :yay:

I hear Minas Tirith has really big candles... To summon the Riders of Underwatch!


...I'll shut up now...

8094287
i feel that would be a perfect way to grow her as a character

maybe something like an acquisitions pony
being a Ponyville pony she has ties to P. Twilight and i assume that considering she doesn't bully anymore to the CMC as well and that ties her to AJ and Rarity somewhat and to a lesser extent Dash
all very powerful friends to have in any respect

Great job with the ending of this story. :twilightsmile: This is probably my favorite of the Weedverse fic at the moment and I have greatly enjoyed the characters in it and look forward to there next adventures. :heart: :pinkiesad2: :twilightblush:

This is one of the most powerful stories in the ongoing 'verse from my perspective. It tackles not only dark happenings but difficult elements of life that we often prefer not to think about; that other characters in the 'verse often don't even deal with. A fantastic wrap up to a very thought provoking story!

8094105 while I do like Tarnish and Maud and their stories, I find Sumac and Flicker's stories to be fascinating and gripping. Even if I don't like Flicker's attitude at times. Can't wait to see what you have planned for them.

8094105
I cannot speak for others; I can only give my personal feedback.
As such I feel this has been an excellent story. I would be hard pressed to state my most favorite stories in the Weedverse, but this one would without doubt be among the top contenders. And I would really love to read more about Flicker, Hennessy, Piper and all the others.

Almost made me teary eyed.

Another story you completed. So i shall wait for the next one.

8094373 That is one of my favorite videos on the Internet.

As for the story... Wow, I don't believe it's over. This fic was one of the hardest hitting stories I've ever read. Yes, it had its awesome moments when everything was bright and sunshiny, but it had its fair share of deep, nitty-gritty heart - tugging scenes.

Kudos on another masterwork. Looking forward to what Flicker and Co. are going to get into next.

This was a really good and touching ending. Certainly a worthy closing chapter for such a sad, but glorious death.

Now to patiently wait for the sequel

I have to say this is one of your more engaging stories in the weedverse as strongest/weakest doesn't really fit. Weakest if you will for the extra character development and side information that i understand had to be cut so this wasn't 150 chapters long. Strongest because it tackled a lot of mature subject in the main characters lives along with the battle of good vs evil, apathy vs passion, that kept us hooked for more.

This ending, especially the interaction with Silver Spoon, left me both saddened because of how well you wrote it and also heartened looking forward to Underwatch. I for one would love to see more Silver Spoon.

All I can really say for certain without a reread is Thank You. Once more you have engaged with us upon this world of your creation where the light of hope keeps burning despite the darkness and hardship that they suffer threw. I look forward to seeing how Flicker grows up now that hes bound to.. lets see. Two gods one of death and time. A champion of Love who's duties have yet to be explored. What looks to be a solid healthy herd with Hennessy and Piper. Oh and now he's the leader of the Underwatch.

I wanna hug poor Silver Spoon.

I like Flicker as a character. He is devastation manifest, and that's ok, as he's taught to channel it for the right purposes. He's a person who could wade into any war and feel at home, and yet is stumped when it comes to interpersonal relationships. But he's getting better, and I love reading about it.

And the mayhem's pretty fun, too.

Also, Flicker and Hennesy need to properly snog already go take some scenic walks in the moonlight.

God damn horses and their tragic fake lives making me all emotional again!

Without a doubt, this is my favorite story cycle in your 'verse.
Why? You built brand new characters and a setting from the ground up. Sure, Sumac's story is good, great even, but it's supported by characters we know already and set someplace we're already familiar with. Kind of retreading ground there.

But this? Sure, we've been to Canterlot before in other stories, but....not *this* Canterlot. Until you started this story with Flicker coming to discover his apprenticeship, I had never *thought* of such a group existing.
Honestly, I've had issues trying to figure out the tech level of Equestria. Sure, they've got steam power, that's evident....but they also have insane levels of magic and are versed in using it. *Celestia and her sister* are sitting right there. What does that mean for everything else in their lives?
Apparently pest control is still a nasty, dirty personal thing. Can't just cast a spell and keep them out...at least not for long. And disease control and management....yeah.

I just *love* this little aspect of life you've created here, and then woven into your overarching story.

Keep writing; you have a gift. Can't wait to see where this goes now.

Login or register to comment