• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 961 Views, 98 Comments

Darkness in our hearts - Flat spin



The cutie mark map calls the mane 6 to go in to a dark/mysterious part of the everfree forest. They don't know what awaits them in there but the all know that the Everfree forest is home to many monster. But what they find will sent equestria to war.

  • ...
6
 98
 961

Chapter 6 It's not what your thinking

MLP: FiM
Darkness in our hearts
By: flat spin


The mane six quickly sneaked out of cave and were running through the Everfree forest. the full moon was high and it lit up the whole forest.

“Twilight! Was that really Nightmare moon?” Rainbow Dash said to Twilight who was running next to her.

“I don’t know. We defeated her and Luna was brought back but… I don’t know.” Twilight said and continued to run. “We need to get back to Celestia and give a warning to her! Split up! at least one of us needs to get to her!” Twilight commanded and the six ran off to different directions.


Back at the cave the dark alicorn took the hood off and revealed her face.

“Rise my children.” She said lovingly.

“We are glad to see you again.” Night Comet said and the little colts and fillys rushed up to her and gave her a group hug.

“I have missed you my little ponies.” She said.

“Umm… Golden Dash where are our visitors?” Night Comet asked and looked around the cave.

“I dunno.” He said.

“What visitors?” The alicorn said with worry.

“Princess Twilight Sparkle came here with her friends… they were right over here a moment ago.” Night Comet said and scratched the back of his head.

“Twilight was here!” The alicorn said loudly. “Oh no… I didn’t tell her anything about you yet.” She said with an worried expression. “We need to find them quickly! If they go and tell my sister we are all in big trouble.” She said

“You heard her! Find them and bring them to her!” Night Comet said and the little ones and him ran off after the mane six.

“Oh no Twilight I’m sorry I didn’t inform you earlier about this.” She said and looked as the young ones ran off.


Rainbow Dash was running through some thick vegetation until she came into an opening in the forest.

“Great! Now I can easily fly off to Canterlot!” She said happily and tried to spread her wings but they didn’t move. they had been tied together

“What the f… YOU!” Rainbow Dash said and saw Golden Dash stand behind her with some rope in his hoofs.

“Sorry… can’t let you leave now.” He said and tied up her hoofs.

“How did you catch me so damn fast?!” Rainbow Dash asked as she saw two unicorns walk out of the woods and they started to hover her back towards the cave.

“I might not be able to fly but I’m fast enough on four hoofs.” Golden Dash chuckled. as they were walking back to the cave.


“Pinkie… I don’t like the look of this.” Applejack said as they saw ten little ponies surround them.

“You two wanna do this the hard way or the easy way?” Carrot asked them.

“Don’t worry we already decided for you two.” Cookie said and before she had finished their hoofs were tied together and they were heading back to the cave.

“Dang... I hope Rarity and Flutters had better luck.” Applejack said.

“I don’t think so.” Pinkie said and pointed at Rarity and Fluttershy who were right in front of them.

“Umm... we surrender.” Rarity and Fluttershy said in unison and chuckled as they saw that their friends had been captured.

“Well Dash flew right out of here. right?” Applejack said.

“You wish” Rainbow Dash said as the unicorns levitated her next to Applejack.

“Well maybe Twi got out.” Applejack said.

“Unlikely.” The young colts and fills laughed.

“what do you mean?” Pinkie asked.

“No one gets away from him.” Corrot said.

“He always catches ponies who try to run.” Cookie said.

“If you run away from him you will only die tired.” Golden Dash said.

“Who is he?” Rarity asked.

“Night Comet.” The three young ponies said and laughed.


Twilight was running through the forest. She was breathing heavily and she had to stop to take a break. She looked back and saw that no one was following her. Her heart was pounding heavily and her hoofs were burning from the running.

“You know you shouldn’t leave before saying good bye.” She heard Night Comet’s voice coming from above her. She looked up and saw Night Comet standing on a tree branch. Her horn started to glow and she shot a beam of magic towards him. He jumped down before the beam could hit him and he quickly tackled Twilight to the ground.

“Don’t touch me traitor!” Twilight said angrily.

“Traitor? what are you talking about?” Night Comet said as he was looking at her.

“You aren’t loyal to Celestia. You are loyal to Nightmare Moon.” She said and gave him an angry gaze.

“What? I don’t understand…” He said and looked at her.

“You summoned Nightmare Moon back!” Twilight said.

“Wait you think she is Nightmare Moon? BWAHAHAHA!” Night Comet Laughed and smiled. “I think you should come back and let her explain.” Night Comet said and Offered a hoof.


They flew back to the cave and Twilight saw that her friends were already freed and were talking to the alicorn.

“Luna? What are you doing here!” Twilight said in surprise.

“Oh Hello Twilight Sparkle!” Luna said cheerfully. “I’m terribly sorry I didn’t tell you this earlier. I thought that you would come here in a couple of years.” She said and smiled.

“I don’t understand… what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“Well I came to visit my little ponies of course!” Luna said while smiling and looking at the young ones.

“You are their mother?” Twilight asked.

“No… they are orphans. several winters ago I had a vision of the future… it was a dark future full of war and misery. But there was a glimmer of hope. I saw the elements of harmony fighting with six knights against the forces of darkness. I saw the six stallions you were fighting alongside and I knew had to find them and prepare them for the future. So I looked for them all across Equestria and finally found them in an orphanage in Manehattan. They were young just like these younglings around you now. I brought the six of them here and taught them to live in harmony with the shadows and night. And now Night Comet is the only one of the original six left here.” Luna said and looked at the girls.

“What about all these other colts and fillys? Why are they here?” Twilight asked Luna.

“They are here because they were abandoned or lost during their foalhood. I couldn’t just watch their suffering I knew I had to help them too.” Luna said and hugged the little colts and fillys.

“But Night Comet is an adult. You were banished to the moon while he was a colt. you couldn’t have brought him here.” Twilight tried to understand what she had just heard.

“Actually I was not banished… Nightmare moon was. The elements of harmony work only against pure evil. Nightmare Moon was in control of my body and mind but after Celestia banished her I could wonder trough out Equestria in spirit form during full moon like tonight.” Luna said and smiled.

“Why didn’t you tell me or Celestia or Candice about all of this.” Twilight asked her.

“I realise that I should have told you and I’m sorry I didn’t.” She said and looked down.

“It’s okay… no pony got hurt.” Twilight said and smiled.

“Yes but I came here for a reason.” Luna said and looked at the young ones and Night Comet. “You my little ponies don’t anymore have to live here in the woods. since Twilights know about you. You all can come and live with me at the Castle of the full moon in the northern mountain range.” All the little ones smiled and rushed up to her and hugged her. Night Comet smiled but looked a bit depressed.

“I suppose I won’t be coming with you guys.” He said and looked at Luna.

“No… you won’t come with us. Your path leads elsewhere.” Luna said and looked at him. “I think that the time is running out… the conflict that I have seen visions of is near and you need to rebuild the Knights of night.” Luna said and walked over to him. “You have to find you brothers and the elements of heroism that he stole… they are useless since there is only five of you now… since he betrayed us. But we need those crystals back.” Luna said.

“But the knights of night were loyal to nightmare Moon… are you asking me to be loyal to her?” Night Comet said and wondered.

“Of course not! You need to reform the old code and rules of the knights and to be loyal to me. Do you understand?” She said.

“Yes.” Night Comet said and kneeled down.

“Good. you will be headquartered at Twilight’s castle. You need to invite your brothers there and talk this over. They will follow you as their leader but now go with Twilight and follow her instructions. You are under her command until I say otherwise.” Luna said and pointed at Twilight.

“Go now and follow you path… don’t do what he did.” Luna said.

“I won’t.” Night Comet said and walked over to Twilight and her friends.

“So I guess we will be heading back to ponyville?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah let’s go.” Night Comet said and they said their good byes to the little ones and to Luna and left for ponyville.

Author's Note:

"Pinkie?"
"That's my name!"
"Why have i been able to see you during these last two chapters?"
"Maybe your going more and more crazy while writing this."
"Great... this is just what i needed."


Next chapter will be out tomorrow and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: