• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 961 Views, 98 Comments

Darkness in our hearts - Flat spin



The cutie mark map calls the mane 6 to go in to a dark/mysterious part of the everfree forest. They don't know what awaits them in there but the all know that the Everfree forest is home to many monster. But what they find will sent equestria to war.

  • ...
6
 98
 961

Chapter 16 Return of Nightmare Moon

MLP: FiM
Darkness in our hearts
By: flat spin


As the carriage landed to the front door of Twilight’s castle they saw a couple of royal guards on the front door. The mane six, Soarin and Flash walked in to the castle and saw Celestia standing there with some royal guards.

“Ah Twilight. I was worried that you wouldn’t get out of there before the attack started.” Celestia said as she saw Twilight and her friends walked in.

“What’s going on princess Celestia?” Twilight asked her.

“Luna has tried to get a revolution going but we have decided to strike first and eliminate the threat.” Celestia said.

“Luna wouldn’t have done that.” Twilight said while trying to defend Luna.

“And still she wanted her own castle and her own army and even wanted a bigger army… I have to do this for safety of Equestria.” Celestia said. “I see that you two are still loyal to me.” She said and turned to face Soarin and Flash.

“I stand with the wonderbolts.” Soarin said and bowed down.

“I’m loyal to the crystal empire and their decisions.” Flash said and did the same.

“Both of you will be transferred to Twilight’s personal guard and since your brothers decided to betray us I need you two to be prepared to kill them if you see them again.” Celstia said. “Where is Rainbow Dash?”

“She decided to stand with Luna.” Twilight said and all the others looked down to the ground.

“I see… well any minute now we should have captured the castle and this little conflict should be over.” Celsetia said confidently as a soldier ran in to the room

“Umm your majesty… Our forces have retreated and the Lunar army have pushed us back… they defeated us.” The stallion said.

“What! How!? I want you to organize another attack right now!” Celestia said angrily.

“Umm… half of our forces have gone MIA and the Lunar army had three times more stallions than our intel said… I recommend to retreat and regroup.” The stallion said.

“Fine… Damn you Luna!” Celestia said.


“Captain! The solar army has retreated and we have won.” A member of the night guard said to Spin as he, Thunderlane and Rainbow Dash were walking around the battle field looking at the dead soldiers.

“Good. Get every stallion ready for the phase two and storm the throne room.” Spin said and turned to face Thunderlane and Dash. “You two ready?” Both of them nodded and they walked over to the throne room’s door.

Outside the throne room was about hundred guards and when they were ready Spin opened the door and all of them rushed to the room.

“Captain Spin what is the meaning of this?” Luna asked from her throne as the guards surrounded her.

“I’m sorry Princess Luna but you are not our leader…” Spin said as he, Thunderlane and Dash walked to the throne. “You are a pathetic excuse for a leader.” Spin said and his eyes glow more and more orange.

“Is this treason I’m hearing?” Luna said angrily.

“Luna you are nothing compared to her… just give up the fight. I know that you have tried to suppress the voices in your head… let her control you…” Spin said in a manipulating tone.

“No… you don’t know what you are talking about…” Luna said in shock as she started to hear whispers in her head.

“Give up… there is no reason to fight… become strong and a true leader… release her…” Spin said as Luna grabbed her head and yelled.

“No! Shut up I will not release you ever again!”

“She is who you really are… Luna is just something Celestia always controlled… Nightmare Moon was the one who controlled Celestia!” Spin said and all the sudden a explosion of magic happened and dark smoke was every where.

“Hahahahahahahaha.” A female laughter could be heard. Spin, Thunderlane and Rainbow Dash got to their feet and looked at the pony who was now standing where Luna was a moment ago…

“Your imperial glory.” Thunderlane said and all the guard bowed down. Rainbow Dash could feel this weird feeling inside her… it wasn’t a bad feeling but… it made her feel strong all the sudden.

“Rise my soldiers.” She said as the smoke slowly fainted away revealing Nightmare Moon standing in Luna’s throne. “Captain Spin… or should I say captain Lockhart.” And as Nightmare moon said that name Spin’s eyes went fully orange and it seemed like his body was being controlled.

“Your highness.” A distorted voice came from his mouth.

“And I’m glad to see you too Thunderlane… Or should I say Strickland.” And as Nightmare moon finished that sentence same happened to Thunderlane. Hi eyes glowed orange and a mare voice came out of his mouth.

“Your highness.”

“It’s good to see that you are still alive after being trapped in those crystals for thousand winters. i didn't think that you would survive that spell but here you are... controlling the minds of two stallions.” Nightmare Moon said and turned to Dash. “And what do we have here… Rainbow Dash. The element of loyalty… Well it seems that you have become a knight of night.”

“Yes your highness.” Rainbow Dash said and bowed.

“Strickland, Lockhart. Be careful with those bodies. You can take their bodies over if you think you need to but if there is no need for that just influence their thinking and keep them loyal to me. If you take their bodies over too often for long periods of time I’m afraid their bodies could get broken and you might be destroyed at the same time.” Nightmare Moon said and looked at Spin and Thunderlane.

“We understand you your highness. We will make sure they will be under your service.” And as Spin said that his eyes went back to normal and he fell down to the floor and cried out in pain. Thunderlane did the same too as his eyes went from orange to normal.

“Are you guys okay?” Rainbow Dash asked and helped them up.

“Yeah… Your highness the solar army has ran away and we have already prepared a counter attack.” Spin said as he stood up.

“Good. I want three of you take control of the 501 legion and start to move toward south. We need to take as much land as we can before Celestia and her little pets called the elements of harmony can regroup.” Nightmare Moon mocked Celestia and sat down to her throne.
“Captain Spin I trust you know what is out policy on controlling occupied areas?”

“Yes your highness.”

“Good. Now go and expand the borders of the Lunar Empire.” Nightmare moon said and smiled devilishly…

Author's Note:

"Pinkie i'm sorry...
Please come back....
I love you..."


501 legion... strickland... lockhart... there is a couple of references for you guys:rainbowlaugh: the 501 isn't that hard to figure out but lockhart and strickland those are a bit weird references

Anyways next chapter should be up before wednesday and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: