• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 961 Views, 98 Comments

Darkness in our hearts - Flat spin



The cutie mark map calls the mane 6 to go in to a dark/mysterious part of the everfree forest. They don't know what awaits them in there but the all know that the Everfree forest is home to many monster. But what they find will sent equestria to war.

  • ...
6
 98
 961

Chapter 3 The elements of what now?

MLP: FiM
Darkness in our hearts
By: flat spin


”Okay…” Twilight said awkwardly. “What the hell is going on?”

“Didn’t our mother tell you?” Night Comet asked and stood up.

“No. And this is all very weird… Why on Celestia’s name do you a grown up stallion lives in the middle of the Everfree forest in a cave with 30 fillys and colt?” Twilight said in disbelief.

“Don’t worry everything will be explained at the feast we’ll be hosting in our honour Princess Twilight.” Night comet said and the fillys and colts smiled.

“How do you know my name?” Twilight said and wondered.

“I’ll explain during the feast.” Night comet said and looked at Twilight and her friend who had walked next to her.

“How about explain now and forget the feast. I don’t need a party.” Twilight said and raised an eyebrow.

“It will be a small dinner. Tomorrow we will have the real party.” Night Comet said.

“Party?” Pinkie said and smiled.

“Yes. the full moon celebration.” Night comet said. “But please. let me show you around our little settlement.” Night Comet said and started walking away. Six mares soon followed him. They walked to the cave’s mouth. the scenery was great. you could see the whole Everfree forest from there. There was two unicorns and four pagasai sitting on the edge looking down to the forest. One of them was the yellow colt that they had met earlier.

“This is our little hideout. The Nightgale cave.” Night Comet said. “And these here are our look outs. Their job is to keep intruders away. And I believe you already met them.”

“Yes.” Rainbow Dash said and looked at the yellow colt.

“His name is Golden Dash… I’m really sorry about how he acted. He has a short fuse and is a hot head.” Night Comet said and looked at him. Golden Dash walked up to them and looked at them.

“Sorry.” He said quietly.

“What was that?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“What?” Rainbow Dash asked again.

“Screw you!” He yelled at her and gave her an angry look.

“Calm down Goldie.” Rainbow Dash laughed and looked at the young colt.

“Anyways I think we should move on.” Night Comet said and walked back in. Once they were back inside Night comet said.

“Don’t try to get under his skin.”

“Why not?” Rainbow Dash said and Walked next to Night Comet.

“He is the oldest of the young ones… actually he is the oldest after me these days. Did you saw his wing?” Night Comet asked Dash and Her friends.

“Yeah?” They asked.

“When our mother brought him here he was six. He was born blind and lived in an orphanage near Cloudsdale. He lost his wing during the same day as he got his cutie mark.” Night Comet said.

“That’s terrible. But he seems to see really well.” Twilight said.

“Well our mother has given him some vision through her magic but it’s not much. I don’t know how he uses it but it works.” Night comet said as they walked into a small hut.

“This here is our kitchen. And over there is our number one baker and chef. Cookie and Carrot.” Night Comet said and pointed at two beige earth ponies who were making food.

“What’s up?” They said in unison.

“They are twins.” Night Comet said. “What are we having to night?”

“Pasta with green lettuce mix and apple pies for desert.” They said in unison again.

“Great. now let’s keep moving.” Night Comet said and they moved to the next hut.

“This here is our little medical station. usually there is a couple of the young colts here injured but I guess not today.” Night Comet said and looked at the empty medical beds. “Moonlight!”

“Yes?” a yellow unicorn said and walked in from the back room.

“This is Moonlightsong.” Night Comet Said.

“Hi. I’m in charge of the sick bay.” Moonlight said and waved.

“You seem to have everything here.” Twilight said. “Where do you sleep?”

“Over there. In the library we have our beds and since that is the biggest hut we can all sleep there with the books.” Night Comet said and pointed at the large hut.

“Why do you have a library here?” Twilight asked and wondered.

“Well we need a place to study of course.” Night Comet said and laughed. “Anyways follow me. I think its dinner time.”

“But it’s literally middle of night.” Applejack said.

“I’ll explain later.” Night Comet said and walked towards the middle part of the cave. There was a long stone table and the seats were just rocks too. The small Fillys and colts already were taking their seat and food was being brought in. Night Comet sat in the far end of the table and the girls sat down next to him on either sides of the table. Once all the young ones had sat down Night comet Stood up and said.

“We are here to honour our royal guest her highness princess Twilight and the elements of harmony.”

All the young ones clapped their hoofs together and looked at the girls. After that Night comet sat down and they started to eat.

“So I think you owe an explanation now.” Twilight said.

“Yes… we are all ponies that were abandoned when we were little.” Night Comet said.

“Shouldn’t you be in an orphanage then… I mean the little ones not you.” Applejack said.

“We used to be… until our mother came and saved us from there and brought us to here.” Night Comet said. “When I was young and I had just started school me and five of my closest friends from the orphanage were taken by our mother and she brought us here. after some years had passed she brought more abandoned young ones to live with us.” Night Comet told them.

“So where are your five friends now?” Rarity asked.

“Our mother told them what their future was… She can show us the path but we have to walk it ourselves. All six of us are the same age and we used to live here and take care of the little ones but their paths have led them away from here.” Night Comet said as they were eating.

“So do you know where they are now?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“A two of them are flyers in the air force, one of them is a guard in the army, one of them works as a weather pony and one of them betrayed us all.” Night comet said and looked down.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked realising that this was the friendship issue that they needed to solve.

“Our mother gave us the elements of heroism.” Night Comet started but Rainbow Dash cut him off.

“What! you mean some kind of knock off elements of harmony?”

“Shut up! They are so much more awesome than your stupid elements.” Golden Dash said. He had been sitting quietly next to Rainbow Dash all this time.

“I was talking. so you two shut up.” Night Comet said and looked at them. “The elements of harmony work only against pure evil. The elements of heroism work against everything but… they are… unstable.” Night Comet said trying to find the right words.

“And by that you mean?” Twilight asked.

“Wisdom, Honour, Valor, Bravery, Strength and Fairness. Those are the elements. One day The element of strength decided to steal the rest of the elements. You see the elements of heroism aren’t like the elements of harmony. Elements of harmony are infused to our hearts. Elements of heroism are magical crystals that have ancient magic inside of them. He stole the crystals and now we are without them.” He explained.

“Why do you need them?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well the crystals can make all kinds of spells but mainly they create shield spells. And well Everfree forest is full of evil things. We have survived without them for years but not without a cost. But anyways its really late now. I think we should get to sleep.” Night comet said and looked at the little ponies that were cleaning up and walking towards the library.

“I will talk to you more tomorrow.” He said.

“Ok. I suppose there is enough room there for us too.” Twilight said.

“Yes of course. Second floor your beds are there.” Night Comet said and all the little fillys and colt walked into the library with the mane six for a good night of sleeping.

Author's Note:

"I cant wait for the party!"
"Wait... what do you mean you cant wait for the party. It's a story. you aren't really going to a party Pinkie."
"But Night Comet said there would be a party."
"Yeah. In the story. not here. and your still just a voice in my head Pinkie. You cant go to a party."
"Oh i think that you dont know what is going to happen in this story."
"Yes i do i'm writing it! I decide where this story goes."
"Yeah whatever."


Next chapter i will explain more about the elements of heroism and why the elements of harmony are better than them.

Also those of you who have read my Rainbows and stories trilogy know that there will be some returning characters... who would they be and what part would they play in this story. (Btw if you haven't read the rainbows and stories trilogy don't worry you don't have to. this story happens in a different timeline.)

Also if someone can guess who are the elements of heroism i will write a clop fic with characters of his/her choosing :rainbowlaugh: i'm more than confident that no one is gonna get all six of them right:trixieshiftright:... or five since we know that night comet is one of them.

Next chapter tomorrow, have a nice day:twilightsmile: