• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 962 Views, 98 Comments

Darkness in our hearts - Flat spin



The cutie mark map calls the mane 6 to go in to a dark/mysterious part of the everfree forest. They don't know what awaits them in there but the all know that the Everfree forest is home to many monster. But what they find will sent equestria to war.

  • ...
6
 98
 962

Chapter 12 Harmony

MLP: FiM
Darkness in our hearts
By: flat spin


Night Comet didn’t feel anything but coldness around him. There was nothing in death… except one small glimmer of light. He could see it in the distance. A purple star. He walked towards it and as he got closer to it he could start feel warm and see the light around him.

“Night Comet!” A female voice said as he walked over to the star that was hovering above the darkness.

“Am I dead?” Night Comet asked the hovering purple star.

“Yes… a great darkness has awoken and your brothers Spin and Thunderlane have fallen under its power.” The Star said. He knew that he had seen that star before but where?.

“What are you?” Night Comet asked.

“I’m the one that keeps the balance in this world… harmony.” The voice said. “And I have a mission for you.”

“I’m dead… or something like that i cant do anything about it. By the way where are we.?” Night Comet asked and looked around him. It seemed that they were floating in space but that wouldn’t have made any sense.

“We are in the aether. It’s a space between our reality and the fifth dimension.” The voice told him. “You are here because your journey is not over. You have to help The elements of harmony in their fight against the darkness that has awoken.”

“But I’m dead… Game over.” Night comet said and sat down. He didn’t feel any sadness or pain in being dead.

“Yes but we can ignore that fact.” The voice said.

“How?” Night Comet asked. All the wise stallions of the world always said that death was the great equalizer. You can’t escape it or go around it.

“You are the element of wisdom. You are Luna’s child of the night. You can go to other's dreams like her… Go and give advices to the elements of harmony and to your remaining brothers. But at the moment only thing we can do is watch the great tragedy unfold… We can’t stop it anymore and if your friends don’t succeed in achieving their destinies the world will fall to hands of the night empress or the solar queen. The future is dark and full of misery and death… but at the moment the only thing we can do is wait for our moment.” The voice said.


“He is dead.” Thunderlane said and listened as Night Comet stopped breathing and his heart stopped.

“Good… we will make our next move at his funeral.” Spin said and walked over to Blizzards lifeless body. “You served her imperial glory good
but you are useless now…” Spin said and made sure that Blizzard was dead by driving his sword through his body again.

Two of them stayed there looking at the two dead Pegasus stallions until they could hear a group of ponies walk towards them. They quickly put their swords back to their holsters and the slight orange glow from their eyes fainted away.

“Spin, Thunderlane! We took care of the shadows and the girls ar…” Soarin was saying until he saw Night Comet’s lifeless body.

“We weren’t fast enough…” Spin said and looked at Soarin.

“Is he dead?” Flash walked up to them. “Is Blizzard dead?” He said with anger and sadness.

“Don’t worry. we made sure he got what he deserved.” Spin said and pointed at Blizzards body. Everypony were silent for a long time remembering their memories of Night Comet expect Spin and Thunderlane… Only thing they could think of was what they would do at his funeral…

The ponies decide to burn Blizzard’s corpse right there in the mine since nopony really thought that he deserved a funeral. But The Stallions picked up Night Comet’s body and carried all the way back to the castle of the full moon that was close by.


The following days were full of morning and sadness. Night Comet was like a father figure to the small colts and fillies that lived with Luna in the castle now days. Luna wasn’t taking it well either…

“Oh Night Comet…” She cried out as he were looking at his dead body that had been laid on a bed in one of the quest rooms. It was the middle off the night and the moon was shining to the room hitting Night Comets body. Luna was alone in the room and she knew that the little ones and Twilight and her friends were sleep as well. She could finally tell Night Comet something she never told him…

“Night Comet… I’m sorry…” She cried. “I never thought that you would die because of a mission that I gave you… I want you to know this about your family… you weren’t an orphan always… you were my child…” She cried out and looked at the moon.

Author's Note:

"He didn't deserve death."
Oh Pinkie don't cry this is a story.
"Spin this is more than just a story..."


Okay i cant write for two days because of school work... but next chapter should be out before friday... maybe.

Anyways have a good day