• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 961 Views, 98 Comments

Darkness in our hearts - Flat spin



The cutie mark map calls the mane 6 to go in to a dark/mysterious part of the everfree forest. They don't know what awaits them in there but the all know that the Everfree forest is home to many monster. But what they find will sent equestria to war.

  • ...
6
 98
 961

Chapter 1 New Adventure

It was one of those perfect summer days. Birds were singing and a warm wind was blowing. Fluttershy was walking through ponyville. She could see the happy faces and expressions of the towns folk.

“Oh it’s a great day and nothing could ruin this.” She said to herself and smiled.

all the sudden She could feel tingles go through her body and she looked at her flank. The cutie mark was blinking. This could only mean one thing… a friendship problem that needed to be solved.


MLP: FiM
Darkness in our hearts
By: flat spin


“Well that’s the last one of e’m.” Applejack said and whipped the sweat off her face. She and big mac just got done bucking the apple trees near the eastern edge of the apple farm.

“Yeep.” Her brother said as they were walking back to the farm house. The Applejack noticed the faint glow that came out of her cutie mark.

“Oh shoot! I gotta go. See you later Big mac.” She said and ran off towards Twilights castle.


The Wonderbolts had just finished their training session and Rainbow Dash was walking out of the field that they had practiced at.

“Rainbow Dash!” She heard a yell behind her.

“What’s up Soarin?” She said to the stallion who had ran up to her.

“You were awesome back there… you might be even better than I am.” Soarin said and laughed.

“Please… I’m like twenty percent better than you.” Dash said and laughed.

“Anyways… I was thinking… if you would like to…” Soarin said but then Dash noticed her flank… it was glowing.

“Sorry Soarin… gotta go catch you later.” She said and all the sudden flew off.

“go out with me…” Soarin said to himself while looking at Rainbow Dash who was already far away.


“Making some whipped cream…” Pinkie pie was singing while making some whipped cream in the Sugar cube corner’s kitchen.

“Ohhhh Glowing!” Pinkie said as she noticed her cutie mark. She was looking at it with huge eyes until she said to her pet alligator. “Gumpy could you make the rest of the cream. I have to go to the castle because there is a friendship issue needing to be solved!” She said and dropped her alligator to the cream bowl and started jumping out of the bakery.

“Don’t worry Gumpy I will be back to see you in a couple of chapters!” She yelled and left.


“Sweetie Belle could you hand me that silk.” Rarity asked as she was making a new dress.

“Sure.” Sweetie belle said and handed Rarity some dark blue silk. “Who are you making this dress… it’s so fancy looking.”

“It’s not a dress Sweetie. It’s a cape with a hood and a chest piece.” Rarity said and showed the Dark almost black piece of clothing. “And it is for princess Luna. Could you pack it to one of those boxes and send it to her…” She said and noticed her cutie mark. “Oh no I gotta get going.
Twilight needs me. Sweetie I have to go see you later.” Rarity said and sprinted off.

“Sure thing sis.” Sweetie Belle said and put the Luna’s new piece of clothing to a box and walked over to the living room table. She sat down and took out her laptop and put on her pink headset.

“Button! Are you there?” She asked.

“Yeah? You wanna play Minecraft? Sweetie Belle” Button Mash answered back.

“Yeah of course! Rarity just left so we can play all night!” Sweetie said in excitement.


Spike was sitting in Twilight’s chair next to the cutie mark map and looking at the purple pony who was walking around the table while looking nervous.

“Could you just relax Twi… I’m sure they will be here any second now.” Spike said to her as she was walking around the table.

“Oh they should have been here already.” She said in a nervous tone.

“Twilight! We are here!” Applejack said as she ran in with Pinkie pie.

“Good that’s two out of five…” Twilight said but then Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flew in through the windows.

“And I have arrived too.” Rarity said and walked in.

“Great! Now that everyone is here we can get started.” Twilight said and they sat around the table.

“So where are we going?” Pinkie pie said with excitement.

“I hope somewhere nice.” Fluttershy said quietly.

“We are going to the Everfree forest.” Twilight said and pointed at the cutie mark map.

“Oh that’s not so bad.” Futtershy said in relief.

“More pacific we are going to the Nightmare mountains and to the mountain right here.” Twilight said and pointed at some mountains that were in the middle of the forest.

“oh no.” Futtershy said. “But that’s were Nightmare moon fought the Royal guard and in there she formed the Knights of Night.” She said and was visibly shacking.

“The knights of night? Haha that’s a lame name!” Rainbow Dash laughed and smiled confidently. “Who are they even?”

“The Knights of the night was a group of ponies that were loyal to Nightmare moon. The six of them fought against the royal guard during the battle at the mountain range before Nightmare moon was banished to the moon. Six of them defeated all six hundred stallions who were fighting for Celestia in the royal guard. But after Nightmare moon was banished Celestia herself went and looked for them but she was never able to find them and bring them to justice.” Twilight explained.

“So what? It has been over thousand years since Nightmare Moon was banished and Luna is already back.” Dash said and looked at her friends.

“Yeah. No pony could live for thousand years.” Applejack said.

“And besides they are a not real. It’s just a legend. A story that the Pegasus ponies tell to each other.” Rarity said.

“Yes that is true. There was never any confirmed info about them… but sometimes there is some truth in legends.” Twilight said and looked at the map. “We don’t know that awaits us there… we have to be careful.”

“Yeah sure thing sugar cube. anyways have you got our saddle bags ready?” Applejack asked.

“Yes. Spike got them ready. Everything we might need is ready.” Twilight said.

“Well let’s go then. There is an adventure to be had.” Rainbow Dash said and grapped her saddle bag from the corner of the room.

“Yeah. we better get going before it gets dark. After all it’s the Everfree forest we are going into.” Applejack said and our heroes left ponyville and started to walk towards the Everfree forest.

Author's Note:

"Oh no. Pinkie you are not breaking the 4th wall in my stories!"
"Why not? please..."
"NO!"
"Pretty please..."
"Oh god... the puppy eyes. Your power is too great.. fine i give up."
"Yay!"
"Wait how the fuck i'm i talking to you?"
"Well... actually your not talking to me it's just that you are slowly going crazy over ponies."
"Oh... well that's good to know."


Anyways guys new story! To those who have read my soraindash trilogy this story is NOT part of that timeline. I will write a fourth story to that time line after this one but fear not the power of soarindash is too strong to be left out of this story. and also prepare for some other ships also... i'm not gonna spoil them to you guys now.

Anyways next chapter will be up tomorrow as usual and also have a nice day:twilightsmile: