• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 1,497 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian Gems - Serenade Sketch



History about Equestria that remained unknown for centuries has now resurfaced.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,497

The Wailing Stone

Grey Tourmaline's team of Applejack, Pinkie, and Zecora continued through the Frozen North in search of the Wailing Stone. Eventually, the group reached the mountainous area where the Wailing Stone is supposed to be. "I remember this area being a rendezvous point during the war, so we set up a Wailing Stone somewhere here," Grey Tourmaline said.

"Then let our search begin," Zecora said. "Do you remember where it has last been?"

"Only that it's somewhere around here, let's split up. If you find it, call for everyone else," Grey Tourmaline said. Everyone did just that and started to look through the snow for the Wailing Stone.

"Sure wish we had more help right now," Applejack said to herself. A few seconds later, the stepped on something solid and brushed off the snow to reveal the Wailing Stone underneath. "Everypony, I found it!" she called out. Everyone else showed up about one minute later and saw the Wailing Stone covered by the snow. They started to dig it out and pull it up to stand up properly.

"This is the Wailing Stone, we used it to send out voices for long distance communication," Grey Tourmaline explained.

"Cool, what does this button do?" Pinkie asked as she tried to press the button. Grey Tourmaline noticed and stopped her before her hoof touched it.

"All of the Wailing Stones are turned off right now. Turning it on right now will cause a high-pitched sound to play," Grey Tourmaline explained.

"Sorry," Pinkie said with a sheepish smile.

"Now that we have found the Wailing Stone, why don't we make our way back to your home?" Zecora suggested. Everyone agreed and after Grey Tourmaline bubbled the Wailing Stone to make it easier to carry, the group headed back to where they first split up with Red Pearl's team before going back to the temple. A few minutes later, they met up with the other group who had a bubbled pendant with them.

"I see you found the Wailing Stone," Red Pearl said seeing it inside one of Grey Tourmaline's bubbles.

"We did, but what did you find?" she asked.

"A Crystalize Prism, we had to bubble it because it was active," Twilight answered.

"It's active? Without someone to control it?" Grey Tourmaline asked.

"We don't know, but we're hoping it will calm down before we can release the gem inside."

"There's a gem inside?" Applejack asked.

"We'll explain it to you once we return to the temple," Red Pearl said. "We can also explain it to Chrome Diopside's group when they return." The two groups started to travel back to the temple to meet the third group there.


Back at the temple, a beacon of light shot from the Warp Pad that transported Chrome Diopside's team. "So, how long 'till everypony gets back?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Right now," a high-pitched voice said which everyone saw belonged to Pinkie who was with everyone else.

"Great time, we can tell you guys about Mirage Bolt now," Rainbow said enthusiastically.

"Mirage Bolt?" Fluttershy asked.

"Our fusion," Trixie answered.

"Wait, you and Rainbow Dash fused?" Twilight asked in shock. "I would expect you to fuse with Starlight first."

"We'll tell you the story later," Starlight said. "What about the rest of you?"

Twilight presented the bubbled pendant she had and said, "We found something called a Crystallize Prism. It was hostile when we first found it, so I had to keep it inside this bubble to keep it from harming anypony else."

Grey Tourmaline stepped forward and showed everyone the Wailing Stone inside the bubble and said, "And we found the Wailing Stone. I'll go place it with the rest of them."

As Grey Tourmaline went to store away the Wailing Stone, everyone else shared what happened on each of their missions.


At the beginning of night, Twilight placed the bubble with the Crystallize Prism inside Tanzanite's library near the entrance. "I just want you to know that we only want to help you," she said to it. She then started to walk to the bedroom leaving the prism.

Author's Note:

I'm running out of ways to say "I'm sorry for being slow with the update." I think I'm getting writer's block. But don't think I'm giving up.

Comments ( 4 )

nice work and I hope to see more sometime in the future and I would love to see a Fusion between Celestia, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

9422850
Thanks! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time, I've just been caught up with a bunch of other stuff. Eventually, I'll get back to it. Also, thanks for the fusion suggestion and the Favorite!:pinkiehappy:

9423059
your welcome, hope you have fun making more of this.

Is it just me, or is the writing kind of.... bland? It’s almost boring

Login or register to comment