• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 1,498 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian Gems - Serenade Sketch



History about Equestria that remained unknown for centuries has now resurfaced.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,498

Trinity Teams

"And this is where we keep every gem we've bubbled," Chrome Diopside said. The gems decided to show the group the room with all the gems they've bubbled over the years. They could see that different kinds of gems were floating above them in differently colored bubbles while the room itself was dark with a light emanating from the crystal orb at the center.

"The orb right there serves as both a map and a tracker for any corrupted gems or gem artifacts," Red Pearl said. She then placed her gem near the orb which scanned her gem and then a map was projected from the orb. "Whenever a gem or artifact is detected by the map, there is a light that pinpoints the location." As if on cue, three separate lights appear on the map: one black and brown, one brown and gold, and one red.

"Like that?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes," Red Pearl answered, "One looks like it's in the west while the other two are in the north, but far away."

"What should we do?" Grey Tourmaline asked.

"We should split into three teams, we just need to decide who is going where," Twilight suggested.

"The one in the west is moving so it's probably a corrupted gem," Chrome Diopside said pointing at the black and brown light. "I'll go for that one."

"I'm coming with you," Rainbow said determined.

"Me too," Starlight added.

"If your going there, your best friend is going with you," Trixie said to Starlight.

"Good, now as for the two lights in the north, one is northeast while the other is northwest. I'll go northwest," Red Pearl said pointing to the brown and gold light.

"I'll go with you," Fluttershy said.

"As will I," Rarity said.

"Spike and I are coming too," Twilight added with Spike riding her back.

"Then that means I'm going northeast," Grey Tourmaline said.

"That also means me, Pinkie, and Zecora are goin' with you," Applejack added.

"Okay, now that we know which of us are going where, we should get going," Twilight said.

"We have a Warp Pad we can use in the west," Chrome Diopside said.

"We're also not that far away from the north, the rest of us can make it on hoof," Red Pearl added. The large group then split into their three teams with Chrome Diopside's team traveling by Warp Pad while Red Pearl and Grey Tourmaline's teams started to travel to the north on hoof.

"Hey, do you know what we're looking for?" Spike asked.

"The brown and gold light is most likely a Wailing Stone, we've been collecting them since we no longer need to use them," Red Pearl answered.

"The red light would probably be a gem artifact, it didn't really move as much as the light in the west," Grey Tourmaline added. "Though we're not really sure what kind it is." As the two groups continued, they eventually reached the north and stopped soon after.

Red Pearl then used her gem to show a holographic map and said, "We should be around this area, so I think it's safe to say that we can split up here." Everyone agreed and went their separate way to collect what they came for.


Meanwhile, a few minutes ago in the west.


A beam of light shot down at the lone Warp Pad which carried Chrome Diopside, Rainbow Dash, Starlight, and Trixie.

"That corrupted gem shouldn't be to far away from us, but we should still be careful when we do find it," Chrome Diopside said.

"So where should we start looking?" Starlight asked.

"Leave it to me," Rainbow said as she flew up higher to see where to go. As soon as the reached the sky, she saw some birds fly away from a specific location. She then flew back down and said, "This way," as the flew ahead to the group who followed her close behind.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for all of the slow updates recently.:ajsleepy: On the bright side, summer break for me is only about a month away, so I'll have PLENTY of free time to work on more updates.:pinkiehappy: Also, like before, the next three chapter are going to happen simultaneously. So I'll see you all in the next chapter (however long that will take me.)