• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 1,497 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian Gems - Serenade Sketch



History about Equestria that remained unknown for centuries has now resurfaced.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,497

First Gem Mission

After Twilight left Tanzanite's library, she saw the gems, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack discussing something. Red Pearl then noticed Twilight and said, "Oh Twilight, glad you're here, we need you for something."

"Really, what did you need?" she asked.

"You see, we got a signal from the basement holo-globe which showed us there's a corrupted gem somewhere in a badland area, we don't exactly know what gem it is, so we need to be on guard. We we're thinking about who should go and we decided on me, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and if it's okay, you," Red Pearl answered.

"Of course, I'm willing to help in anyway I can," Twilight said.

"Great, now, please come with us." The four ponies followed the gems to a shiny platform. "This is a Warp Pad, gems used these for easy travel to anywhere else with a Warp Pad. Luckily, for us, there's one in our destination."

"How exactly to they work?" Twilight asked.

"Just step on and I'll take care of the rest," Red Pearl answered. The group of four then stepped on to the Warp Pad ready to head to there destination.

"Be careful out there," Grey Tourmaline said. Just then, a beacon of light shot out of the Warp Pad which took the group with them. Seconds later in the badlands, the same beacon of light shot down into another Warp Pad and the group was now standing on it. Everyone with the exception of Red Pearl and Pinkie had a surprised expression.

"Can we do that again?" Pinkie asked.

"After we find that corrupted gem," Red Pearl replied. "I just hope we can find it soon."

"Well, I can tell it's goin' to be easy," Applejack said looking down at some footprints akin to a giant bug's. Everyone else looked at the trail of prints and saw the direction they were going.

"Those defiantly look more like monster prints, that gem should still be in this area," Red Pearl said observing the trail.

"Alright, let's go get 'em," Rainbow said enthusiastically while flying ahead. The others then ran to catch up with her and the loose corrupted gem. Eventually, the footprints lead to around the bottom of a cliff. When the group looked around the cliff, they saw a giant spider with a black gem on her forehead.

"I can see the gem on her head," Twilight whispered. "Wait, I've seen a gem that looked similar, isn't that a Moonstone?"

"Yes," Red Pearl answered, "She's a Black Moonstone to be precise. Remember, Moonstones have umbramancy, we can't get reckless. We need some kind of plan."

"I got this," Rainbow said flying up above Black Moonstone.

"Wait, Rainbow Dash, she just said we need a plan," Applejack said trying not to alert Black Moonstone. As soon as Rainbow Dash flew up high enough, she started to dive bomb towards the gem. Before Rainbow made contact, the gem noticed her and used her unbramancy to atop her in her tracks. "Yeah, that's what I was afraid of," Applejack said while facehoofing. Rainbow was then thrown down to the ground which drew her attention to the rest of the group.

"OK, Plan B it is," Twilight said. Red Pearl then summoned her katana and everyone else got into a fighting stance. Black Moonstone then created swords with her umbramancy when everyone started to attack. Twilight started to shoot magic beams, Red Pearl started to used her katana to fend of the umbra-swords, Applejack used the rope she brought to hold down the gem, Rainbow Dash tried more direct attacks, and Pinkie Pie... well... you try making sense of her using cupcakes as ammo for her Party Cannon. Eventually, Black Moonstone saw Twilight charge one of her magic blasts and used one of her umbra-swords to deflect it back at her which she managed to dodge and landed near Pinkie. After that, the swords dug into the ground and became chains which quickly grabbed onto Red Pearl, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack. Before they could grab Twilight and Pinkie, Twilight teleported herself and Pinkie out of the chains way over to the left of the gem and a little farther away. "I knew this mission wouldn't easy, but I didn't think it would end up like this," Twilight said worried about her friends. The spider then moved closer with umbra-swords while leaving the ponies still constricted in her chains.

"Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

"Yes Pinkie?"

"What do we do?"

"I don't know, she's incredibly prepared and skilled." Just then, one of the umbra-swords started to dash towards Pinkie, but before it could make contact, Twilight lunged at her to knock her out of the way. At that moment, a faint glow appeared on Twilight's forehead and Pinkie's right hoof which was then followed by a bright purple and pink light temporarily blinding everyone.

The chained ponies then yelled, "Twilight! Pinkie!" When the light dissipated, in the two ponies place was an alicorn who was slightly taller with a red-violet coat, a lilac colored mane with pink highlights, and a firework Cutie Mark. The alicorn then lifted her head and opened her lilac colored eyes.

"Hello everypony! Ready for a little fun?"

Author's Note:

I'm pretty sure you can guess who this newcomer is, but not to worry, I'm going to reveal more about her in the future. Stay tuned for the next chapter.