• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 1,497 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian Gems - Serenade Sketch



History about Equestria that remained unknown for centuries has now resurfaced.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,497

Past and Present

Everyone was at first confused until Twilight came to a realization, "Wait, you mean that we..."

"Yes, you carry their power, you, your friends, the princesses, and many more in Equestria," Red Pearl replied.

Everypony was in shock after hearing about the power inside them. They would have never imagined that they would house the power of the gems.

Starlight then asked, "WE hold their power!? Us and our friends!?"

"We know it's unbelievable, but we could sense their power somewhere in Equestria and traced it here to you and the princesses," Chrome Diopside said.

Princess Luna then stepped in, "We were just as surprised as you are right now when they said we hold the power of Sunstone and Moonstone, but after they explained it to us, it became clear that there were others with this power, like you."

"But which of the gems power do we have," Fluttershy asked.

Here, allow me to explain," Red Pearl said. Just then a projection came out of her gem showing several different types of gems as everyone was amazed. "Twilight, you carry the power of Tanzanite, Applejack has the power of Carnelian, Pinkie Pie holds Poudretteite's power, Fluttershy carries Golden Beryl's power, Rarity has Chalcedony's power, Rainbow Dash holds Rainbow Hematite's power, and Starlight, you carry the power of a gem named Star Quartz." Just like that the projection went back into her gem.

"Each gem has a unique power and ability based on what kind of gem they are, even me and Red Pearl," Chrome Diopside added.

Applejack then asked, "Wait, if we have their power, what do we do with it?"

"Yes, I must admit I'm also at lost with what we do with this power if it has regenerated and resurfaced," Rarity added.

"I thought you might say that, which is why we would like you to come to the Gem Temple with us," Red Pearl said, "We can explain further what the power you hold is capable of there."

Chrome Diopside then said, "It's kind of a long walk there since there wasn't a Warp Pad close to here, but don't worry, at best it's about an hour and a half."

"Well, if it's going to take that long to travel, I better make sure I pack everything necessary for this trip," Rarity said as she was deep in thought about what to pack.

"In other words, her entire wardrobe," Rainbow deadpanned.

"It takes an hour and a half just for her to pack for a trip," Applejack added.

"Still, we should pack all the necessities for this trip. Why don't we all agree to meet up once we've finished packing," Twilight said.

Red Pearl then said, "The Temple is about northeast from Ponyville, let's meet in that area for the trip."

Before the group left, Celestia then said, "You go on without us, we have too much work to do for us to come with you."

"It's understandable, maybe another time," Red Pearl said. "Alright, let's get going."

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is shorter than the other two, but I'm going to try to make the next ones longer.

Also if your wondering, no, Spike doesn't have a gem's power only the ponies do. Just wanted to clear that up.