• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 1,497 Views, 35 Comments

Equestrian Gems - Serenade Sketch



History about Equestria that remained unknown for centuries has now resurfaced.

  • ...
7
 35
 1,497

Corrupted Minds

As everyone went back to training, Chrome Diopside went back inside the temple and went to a staircase that went down and entered a room filled with gems contained in differently colored bubbles, some as shards with the rest as whole gems. In the center of the room was a large crystal orb which projected a map when Chrome Diopside had it scanned her gem. After a few seconds, a small green and white light appeared at a location relatively close to the temple and getting closer. After a few seconds, Chrome Diopside ran upstairs and outside of the temple. "Guys, there's another one close by and approaching!" Red Pearl and Grey Tourmaline were shocked while everyone else was confused.

"What does she mean by 'another one?'" Twilight asked. Soon after, a screech was heard and along with it, a large white serpentine creature with long arms with claws, wild green hair, and a white and green gemstone shaped like a teardrop with an inverted kite-shaped facet on its left shoulder appeared.

"Everyone, get your weapons ready," Red Pearl shouted as her gem glowed and created her katana, Chrome Diopside then summoned her lance, and Grey Tourmaline summoned a sling from her gem. As the gems prepared for battle, the others wanted to help and joined in the fray. Twilight and Starlight shot magic blasts at it, Applejack and Rainbow Dash came in close for more physical fighting, and the gems used their weapons. While fighting, the serpent used its screeches to leave everyone open for attack.

"What is that thing anyway?" Rainbow asked while covering her ears.

"We'll explain later, right now we need to stop it," Grey Tourmaline answered. "We need to distract it so Chrome Diopside can go in for the final attack." Everyone nodded and tried to draw the serpent's attention to them while Chrome Diopside went behind it with her lance. With its back turned away, Chrome Diopside then launched her lance at the serpent and it pierced right through it. After a few seconds, the serpent suddenly vanished and all that remained was the gem. Chrome Diopside then walked towards the gem and put a hoof on it which caused a dark green bubble to appear encasing the gem.

"I've got it. Now we can let this one sleep," Chrome Diopside said as she tapped the top of the bubble which caused it to warp somewhere else.

"So back to my question, what was that thing?" Rainbow quickly asked.

"Believe it or not, that was a another gem," Grey Tourmaline said.

"That was a gem?" Twilight asked.

"Why did it look like a monster then?" Applejack added.

"Well, there are some things we failed to mention when we told you our story," Red Pearl said. "Remember when we said that Homeworld was creating a secret weapon as a last resort if we won? That weapon was created to corrupt gems."

Everyone was slightly confused, "Corrupt gems?" Fluttershy asked with a worried tone.

The gems nodded, "Every gem that wasn't protected in time was affected by the weapon and all it gave to them was never-ending suffering, I can't even imagine how horrible it must be," Grey Tourmaline said.

"Our missions involve tracking them and keeping them safe," Chrome Diopside added. "When we find them, we keep their gems in a bubble so that way, they can't hurt anyone around them, more importantly, themselves."

"So they're going to just stay there forever?" Spike asked.

"We've actually been trying to find a way to heal them so they can return to normal," Red Pearl said. "So far we haven't made that much process, but none of our friends gave up when they were still around, so we won't either."

Twilight then stepped in, "Well, if there's anything we can do to heal them, we'll do it right everypony?" Everyone nodded in agreement and the gems were happy with the help they've been offered.

"Thank you everyone, I know that one day, we'll find a way to help them," Grey Tourmaline thanked.

"Now then, after everything that's happened, I think it's time you all had something to eat," Red Pearl said. Everyone then went back inside the temple to get the food they brought with them for lunch. After they've finished, Twilight then approached Red Pearl. "Twilight? Do you need something?"

"I was wondering if there were any books Tanzanite wrote for when she tried to help heal the corrupted gems?"

Red Pearl then pondered for a moment, "I think it was somewhere in Section 3 on the fourth highest shelf, she only filled up about 70 percent of that books pages though. May I ask what this is about?

"I thought that seeing her research might help us find an answer to healing corruption."

"I think you might be on to something, the others and I have already read that book, but maybe you can find something we missed or come up with a new idea." Twilight then headed towards Tanzanite's library and started searching in the section Red Pearl mentioned and found a white book a bookmark with the word 'Incomplete' written on it. Twilight then flew down to a reading desk and began to read what research Tanzanite discovered on healing corruption.

Author's Note:

Sorry I took a while, school really started to weigh me down, anyway next time we're taking a look at the Tanzanite's research on corruption. Also voting for which fusion you want to see in this story first is still open, so until then, see you all at the next chapter.