• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,486 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,486

Chapter 3: The mystery of the Watch

One day in the Town of Springdale, it has marked the day for Flash Sentry to hand in a report to the Princesses at the end of the day regarding his investigation. Flash was busy collecting the notes and reports from what he has seen in the city and recorded from Springdale's inhabitants. At the same day, Flash also encouraged his siblings that it was the perfect time to send letters to their friends back home, so they can send all the required items at the same time.

"Hmm..." Scootaloo wondered as she sat on her desk, "what should I write about?"

"Perhaps you should write about Neighpon's culture and way of life here!" Whisper suggested, "the food, the way school works, the times you have enjoyed yourself here, the atmosphere, your friends..."

"How about Yo-Kai?" First suggested "like you and Jibbers?"

"Me-ow!" Jibanyan picked up with a scowl, "don't call me by that nyickname!"

"Hmm... They may not believe us though. But..." Scootaloo thought in wonder as she looked at her Yo-Kai Watch "if we send a picture to them, they'd probably notice the new watch. Perhaps they could see the medals we have too?"

"Speaking of medals, where did you put them?" Whisper asked,

"All in here," Scootaloo opened the desk drawer. The scattered medals surrounded by numerous bric-a-brac shocked the ghostly butler.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing..." Whisper took deep breaths "but I would advise you to treat the medals with respect, they are the calling cards for Yo-Kai that value you as a very good friend!"

"But I don't have anywhere to put it... And look how much we've collected..." She picked up Dazzabel's medal and dusted it, "but now that you mention it, Dazzabel would cringe and cry if she found out I was leaving it in the dust."

"That's true" Whisper nodded, "Jibanyan, Ake, Dazzabel, Heheheel... If my memory serves me correctly, you've have befriended 12 Yo-Kai within this week! Not a bad start if I say so myself."

"But the more we collect, the harder it is to store it and if Flash sees it, he's going to get suspicious of this..."

"No problem!" Whisper saluted "let me handle the storage!" Whisper grabbed the curl on his head and with a strong pull, removed the top of his ghostly head, creeping the two siblings out.

"The heck Whisper!?" First complained, "that was uncalled for!"

"It's where I keep my Yo-Kai Pad." Whisper explained "and this!" He pulled out a large red book. "My gift to you First!"

"What is this?" First asked as he examined the cover.

"This is the Yo-Kai Medallium." Whisper introduced, it can store all the Yo-Kai medals that you have acquired in a comfortable position. However, carrying them around and pulling them out of the Medallium is a bit of a pain. I suggest that you carry six medals Scootaloo, and leave the rest in here."

"In that case," First suggested "if Scootaloo can use the watch, then I get to have the Medallium!"

"Fair trade then!" Scootaloo offered her hooves, to which First shook back. As they continued to draft their own letters, the doorbell rang.

"Oop! Somepony's here!" Scootaloo perceived as she scurried down the doors with the other three in tow.

"Do you think it's Nate or one of our friends?" First asked, as Scootaloo looked through the door hole.

"That's odd..." Scootaloo drew herself back as she opened the door, revealing a very familiar small figure with a round green head.

"Hey guys!" Ake greeted,

"How interesting of you to visit!" Scootaloo greeted, "and how can you ring the doorbell? Anyway, do you want to come inside?"

"Don't have time for that," Ake replied, "but I've got something that you might be interested in... There's been some commotion that has been causing trouble and problems to the Yo-Kai settled around Blossom Heights. Know the place?"

"Right next to Uptown Springdale. Crowded houses, the Old Mansion in the bamboo forest, Shoten Temple, Granny Edna's sweet shop, the Hot Springs Bathhouse, where Bear and his family lives." Scootaloo answered,

"Then I'm sure you know about Timers and More right?"

"That's the watch and clock shop right next to the Branston house." First replied, "old coot that works there goes by the name of Mr. Goodsight, at least that's what I hear from Bear."

"Well, there's a Yo-Kai in there who requires some help and has sent word throughout Blossom Heights, and there's a big reward for it. As I live in the Old Mansion, the information was passed along to me. I thought that it would be a tough job to do it alone without my master, but then I've realised I've got friends who have Yo-Kai friends of their own! You guys!"

"Well, we've got our letters to write..." Scootaloo wondered loudly, "but if there's more Yo-Kai to befriend, then count us in!"


As the group got close to Timers and More, they found a rather small but serious commotion happening outside the front gates.

"Wow! Look at all the guards!" First whispered, "there must have been some robbery that was going on!"

"Excuse me!" One of the local Springdale guards approached the siblings, a stern look on his face, "this shop is under investigation with the owner going through question. If you have an appointment with the watchmaker, I'm afraid that you'll have to come back later."

"Oh I see, understood." Scootaloo replied nodded and began to trot away until a familar voice echoed out from inside the store.

"Scootaloo? Is that you?" Flash trotted out, seeing his two siblings standing outside the store "what are you doing here?"

"I just came to see Mr Goodsight. I have an appointment with him."

"Is that so? In that case, let me check..." Flash went back in for a few more seconds and then came out. "Well, you're just in luck. We've just finished questioning him."

"Thanks bro!"

"One thing though. I don't recall you having a clock or watch..." Flash added, until he laid his eyes on what his sister was wearing around her neck.

"Hmm..." Flash peeked at the Yo-Kai Watch, "that's a rather big and interesting watch if I ever saw one. Where did you get it?"

"It's a gift!" Scootloo fibbed, "or rather, I bought it with my pocket money, which was a gift from you."

"You seem to really like to beat around the bush, don't you?" Flash tilted his head, "regardless. I still think it is a nice find. I hope that you will use it to it's full extent in the future."

"Will do Flash!" Scootaloo saluted then whispered, "definitely to its full extent, finding Yo-Kai and all..."

"We're moving out!" Another guard came out of the store and gestured for the two guards to leave.

"See you back at home," Flash waved goodbye, as the group left the vicinity.

"Well, it looks like the coast is clear. Shall we?" Whisper gestured, with a nod. The group entered.


The group found themselves in a big room where an old pony with white hair with wrinkled skin, a monocle and a red beanie on his head, greeted the visitors.

"Well there's something you don't see everyday," the pony healthily stated, "how can I help you today young fellas?"

"Oh sorry about that Mr Goodsight," Scootaloo advised, "you see, we're just looking for something else..."

"So you know my name?"

"Your next door neighbour told us about you," First replied,

"Ah, the Branstons. They're a rather strict but cheeky family." Mr Goodsight laughed, "but anyway, if my eyes can tell me something. You're here for that job right?"

"I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about." Scootaloo tilted her head,

"Since you've got a bunch of Yo-Kai with you, as well as that fancy watch that you have around your neck. I have a feeling you'd be here for that job."

"Wha--? How do you know about Yo-Kai? Can you see them?" First jumped with surprised,

"Not just seeing them," Mr Goodsight laughed, "I myself am a Yo-Kai too!"

"No way..." Scootaloo and First's jaw were wide open,

"While Yo-Kai may be invisible to humans, there are still many ways that they can communicate with them! The most common is to disguise themselves as normal looking ponies and assist in their society!"

"It must be hard work to put all that disguise on and keep it like that!" First replied,

"Actually, it's quite simple. All you have to do is put a special Yo-Kai leaf on top of your head." Whisper explained,

"As much as you are interested in how Yo-Kai work and operate in this world," Mr Goodsight coughed, "I believe you originally came here because of my concerns. So without any further ado, shall we get down to business?"

"Sorry about that," Whisper apologised,

"Anyway," Mr Goodsight briefed, "there has been a large concern in the Hot Springs Bathhouse today, I myself have been a regular to this place. Nothing spends a good time relaxing in hot water."

"But..." Scootaloo gestured to continue,

"The water has been too hot, and it has affected not only me but many of the other customers in our area. The Guard had to temporarily close the Hot Springs, and put all the staff and regulars in question. Nary a soul knows what was going on, but I do."

"A Yo-Kai?" Scootaloo asked,

"Exactly." Mr Goodsight nodded, "but the Guard would find me crazy if I told them the truth! Unfortunately, I lack the power to negotiate or confront him, so I hope that other Yo-Kai would have better luck than I do."

"How bad?" Jibanyan asked,

"He's quite a big Yo-Kai, and a very large aura emanating from him." Mr Goodsight described, "I don't remember his name, but I saw it with my own eyes, ugly to the extent of a pig."

"Well, that means we've got to clean the pigsty." Scootaloo joked, "but jokes aside, we're ready."

"The area is still blocked off by the Guard." Mr Goodsight informed, "but I do know another way around it. Let me show you the way,"

"Thanks!"

"One more thing youngsters." Mr Goodsight warned, "now that you have the Yo-Kai Watch, you need to keep it safe, as well as yourselves. As time goes on, the Yo-Kai will begin to notice your presence and ability. From the most harmless to the conniving, power-hungry monsters that they are."


The Springdale guards were busy standing watch in front of the Guard line leading into the Hot Springs. What they didn't notice were two little foals climbing up the back wall and sneaking into one of the windows.

"Well, first phase is ticked off the list." Scootaloo stood beaming. "Now just for a quiet roll call. Jibanyan? Whisper?"

"We're here," Jibanyan waved,

"First?" Scootaloo looked around for her brother, only to see him staring at a refrigerator containing chilled bottles of milk.

"Ooh!" First's eyes widened, "there's plain milk, coffee milk, fruit milk..."

"First..." Scootaloo sighed,

"... Amazing Milk!?" First gasped, "that looks much more different than the others and the ones at school! I've got to give this a try!"

"Keep your voice down First!" Scootaloo rasped, "and don't even think about it. Although nopony may be there, stealing is wrong!"

"Aww..." First pouted, then sighed in agreement "yeah, it is wrong. Let's just get on with our duty."

"I sense a very strong aura behind the male side of the hot springs." Whisper spoke, "I believe that must be our target,"

"Are you kidding me?" Scootaloo gasped, "no way would I want to go in there!"

"Come on Scoots, it's not as bad as you think it is..." First moaned, "let's just go in there..." And he went through the flap and door.

"We'd better not keep him waiting," Jibanyan replied as he attempted to pull Scootaloo in, "it's for all those who want to enjoy a bath!"

"Okay okay," Scootaloo sighed, "you don't have to pull me."


The moment the group opened the door that led to the large tiled bathroom, an thick, sweltering cloud of steam blew through their faces making them very uncomfortable.

"Phwar! This heat feels so unpleasantly hot!" Scootaloo tried to shield the steam away from her face.

"Ow!" First jumped in pain as one of his hoofs touched the tiled floors "even the floor is hot!"

"We'll have to bear it!" Whisper panted, wiping sweat off his ghostly body.

"Even Whisper feels the heat!" Scootaloo noted, then looked at Jibanyan frantically wiping himself with a nearby towel, "and even Jibanyan! This is some strong Yo-Kai!"

"Be quick Scootaloo! Use the Yo-Kai Watch!" Whisper advised. With a grunt and nod, Scootaloo started to dart the searchlight all over the place, until she nailed her sights onto the largest bath, where a giant pink, grotesque pig with arms and legs was calmly sitting in the pool, relaxing with his mouth wide open.

"Eww!" Scootaloo cringed, "is that the Yo-Kai around here!?"

"That is Sproink!" Whisper read off his Yo-Kai Pad "he's a Yo-Kai that... That has the ability to make any body of water increase in temperature to the most dangerous flesh-burning scale!"

"Huh, so Yo-Kai really does affect other ponies after all." First thought loudly "this really sounds like a mysterious phenomenon gone bad! Something that is worth investigating and making sure it doesn't happen again!"

"Then let's go get him!" Jibanyan commanded, "I'm ready to unleash my Paws of Fury!"

"Oy you blokes!" A loud grunt and snort echoed, "can you blokes keep it down over there!? Imma tryin' to soak inna bath!"

"Ah," First perceived, "sorry about that Mr Oink..."

"Whaddya call me!?"

"Mister Sproink!" First corrected himself, "c-can I enter the room?"

"Whatevs, just don't make too much noise. And I'mm not sharin' mine."

"No need to sir." First sighed as he courageously set foot onto the boiling tiles. "But we've got a small favor to ask you."

"Then whaddya want?" Sproink oinked,

"Is it okay if you can not make the water so hot?" First asked, "your influence affects other baths and pools, and they can't take the temperature of the water."

"Then it's their fault!" Sproink thrashed his arms with anger, "if they can't take it, they can git out of the water! I'm goin' nowhere until I've had my hot soakin' bath!"

"But surely there are some ways where you can enjoy taking a bath without harming others!" Scootaloo rushed in to object, the sizzling heat of the floor completely nullifying her sense of desperation.

"NO!" Sproink bellowed, "how dare you disrupt me then order me to get out! I'll have to take care of your runts myself!" The giant pig Yo-Kai stood up and hopped out of the bath. His landing rocking the ground around him.

"Woah!" First tried to regain his footing. Sproink snorted as he stared down at the two foals, butler and cat Yo-Kai. Something widened his eyes as he looked closer at Scootaloo.

"Well what do we ave here?" Sproink grunted with greed, "and I thought you were just puny Yo-Kai who lost their corporeal forms. You really are real life foals after all! And carrying the biggest prize!"

"Prize?" Scootaloo asked, "We're not that good as slaves you know..."

"You little runt! I'm talkin' bout yer Watch!" Sproink pointed a thick finger at the Yo-Kai Watch "it's what lets ponies like you see us!"

"Oh... Right..." Scootaloo sighed,

"I'm gonna get a very pretty reward once I get my hands on that watch!" Sproink laughed, "better yet, I'd better bring you two along as well!"

"Wh-What!?" First backed away "we didn't do anything wrong!!!"

"You did runt!" Sproink retorted, "it's for uncovering our existence! Time for you to submit!"

"Run!!!" Whisper warned, and the siblings did so.

"Not if I can help it!" Sproink laughed as he jumped once again and blocked the exit.

"Shoot!" Scootaloo cursed,

"Whisper! Jibanyan! Can you distract him?" First suggested,

"Not if I can help with that either!" Sproink laughed as a upward rising wall of smog covered the door. "I'll make sure you only get out of here when I've taken you down!"

"Aw come on, seriously?" First moaned,

"We're too young to die!" Scootaloo cried, "somepony! Help!!!"

"There's no chance of anypony coming here to stop me!" Sproink continued taunting "and even if they did, I'll boil them as I will to you!"

"Don't give up!" Whisper encouraged, "the Yo-Kai Watch is your chance of escaping! It has the power to summon your friends through any barrier made by Yo-Kai! They can fight for you!"

"I'll start the fight! Paws of Fury!!!" Jibanyan charged as he unleashed a flurry of paw punches against the pig's giant belly button.

"Hah! I knew you'd go for there!" Sproink laughed as he pulled out a small wooden bucket for Hot Springs and used it to cover his belly button just before Jibanyan began to madly strike that position.

"Ow!" Jibanyan reeled from pain after one-hundred strikes on the wooden bucket, causing no damage to the bucket let alone Sproink itself.

"You're predictable!" Sproink howled with laughter as he then threw the bucket at Jibnyan, knocking him right on the head. Jibanyan slid across the floor towards the siblings and Whisper in an unconscious heap.

"Jibanyan!" First gasped as he tried to shake the cat into consciousness "are you alright?"

"It's not over yet!" Sproink added as he picked up more buckets, "'ave a load of this!" And he started flinging the buckets towards the group.

"Run for cover!" Whisper warned as a bucket collided with his face.

"This way!" Scootaloo pointed towards a tall makeshift rock, "remember to keep your head down!" Luckily enough, the siblings managed to run for cover without getting injured or damaged.

"This is going to be a pain..." Scootaloo growled in fury. "This pig is driving me mad, but I still can't think of a way to take him down! All he's going to do is keep on pelting those buckets!"

"Remember!" Whisper reminded, "your Yo-Kai Watch!"

"Hmm..." Scootaloo pulled out the six medals in her possession. "If he always likes to turn up the heat, we need to cool him down."

"But we haven't got any Yo-Kai who could do that!" First replied, carrying an unconscious Jibanyan on his back. "The Yo-Kai we've only got can change the demeanour and emotions of ponies, and it looks like this Yo-Kai won't just go down from that!"

"But how about a fighting chance?" Scootaloo asked, "otherwise, we'd just be flinging random Yo-Kai at him!"

"Well, I can't think of anything else to guarantee a successful strategy!" First replied, "and I can't think of anypony else who would try to do such a thing..."

"If only Flash was here..." Scootaloo replied, "he'd have tactics prepared for this sort of situation!" Then determination flared in her eyes, "Well I'm not going to give up! I'm going to use the military skills he taught us, and we will escape unscathed!"

"Okay then..." First nodded, worry slipping away from his mind. "I'll help you as much as I can. Now, fighting chance. Any of our Yo-Kai friends can do that? Except for Jibanyan of course..."

"Well," Scootaloo pulled out Dazzabel from her six medals "Dazzabel has some fencing techniques the last time we saw her!"

"What about Pandle?"

"Good idea too!" Scootaloo replied, "but he's in your possession. Any chance to pull him out?"

"We're also going to need to know our enemy." First added, "and we just can't let our Yo-Kai friends fight alone. We'll provide cover support if we can."

"If you want to provide support..." Whisper gestured to a large stack of wooden buckets "... You can give him his own medicine!"


"Oy you pig!" First waved as he entered the pig's view. "I'm over here if you want to get me!"

"Bout time you stopped hiding!" Sproink grunted as he prepared to throw a bucket.

"And about time you've stopped throwing!" Whisper floated out of hiding, throwing a bucket straight to the Yo-Kai's face. A battle in the bathhouse was about to begin, and for some unknown reason, old stallions wearing towels around their flanks were dancing along with some seaweed-looking Yo-Kai who seem to be amazing dancers too.

"Argh!" Sproink squealed at the pain of the bucket smashing onto his face, "you'll pay for this!" And set his sights on Whisper,

"Oh no you don't!" First then tossed another bucket straight towards Sproink, this time, aiming for his belly.

"Why you two little runts stop playing hard to hit!?" Sprionk grew into a rage as he picked up a bar of soap instead of a bucket. Tossing it at First, the little foal was tripped and made slippery by the soap that his movement was put into a disadvantage.

"Got you now!" Sproink laughed as he picked up a bucket.

"You'll have to get me first!" Whisper yelled back and tossed a bucket to interrupt his attack. First took this time to slip and slide back to the rock cover as he could. There, Scootaloo was busy looking through the medals on hand as well as in the medallium. Jibanyan was busy knocked out cold but safe from the bucket-throwing chaos behind her.

"Well?" Scootaloo asked, "you look like you're going to slip. What'd you get?"

"He likes to throw things! That's for sure!" First replied as he tried to wipe the soap of his body. "Buckets or bars of soap! Seems the soap has a nasty effect on me!"

"And?"

"One hand he throws the item, the other hand holds a bucket to cover his belly button!" First continued, "I think that's his weak point!"

"Then how are we going to expose it?"

"Let's just keep hitting his face!" First suggested, "I'm going to go back in, Whisper can't hold out all by himself! Be sure to pick your Yo-Kai wisely!"


"Take this!" Sproink yelled as he continued chucking buckets at Whisper,

"I need some assistance please!!!" Whisper cried for help as he tried to evade the oncoming buckets.

"Covered!" First slipped back into view, "here comes the pitch!" And throwing it baseball style, First made a direct hit on Sproink's face.

"Strike!!!" First punched the air in success,

"Stop it!" Sproink yelled, "stop harming my beautiful face!" The next action that the Pig Yo-Kai took gave a critical objective to his enemies. By taking a defensive stance, Sproink used both buckets to cover his face, leaving his belly button completely exposed.

"There it is!" First signalled, "get him!"

"It's my turn!" Scootaloo came out of the hiding spot, two medals in her hoof. Without any time to waste, she inserted the first medal.

"Calling Dazzabel! Yo-Kai Medal, do your thing!"

"Summoning, Charming!"

"Alarming! Boom Boom! Walla Walla, Dance dance! Charming!"

"Dazzabel!!!" Dazzabel posed. In quick succession, she pulled Dazzabel's medal out and inserted the other, which was Pandle's.

"Calling Pandle! Yo-Kai Medal, do your thing!"

"Summoning, Brave!"

"Sumo Shave! Flavo Engrave! Flash team'a Brave!"

"Pandle!" Pandle posed.

"Alright you guys!" Scootaloo guided, "I know you guys aren't used to fighting, but I think you're the best Yo-Kai for this situation!"

"No problem! Let me at em!" Pandle growled, charging towards Sproink

"Calm down Pandle!" Dazzabel restrained Pandle before he even started to move, "we need to think of a plan!"

"Don't worry! I have one, and that's to go all out right on his belly button!" Scootaloo instructed, "since you guys don't take commands, I'll be here to give you guidance if needed!"

"Thanks Scoots!" Pandle saluted, "but I know what to do right now! Pointy Toothpick!!!" And with a very swift movement, he repeatedly poked the belly button of Sproink, causing in to groan and yell in pain.

"Let me add something to the mix!" Dazzabel piped up "Stylish Stab!" Though similar to what Pandle did, Dazzabel held her umbrella in a fencing stance and repeatedly stabbed the large pig with every thrust.

"Yeeargh!!!" Sproink squealed and screamed in pain as he fell dazed and damaged in a lumpy heap, his belly button now exposed even more.

"Hah!!! Looks like we've turned the tables now!" Scootaloo taunted, "Pandle, Dazzabel, let's go!"

"Brilliant!" Dazzabel laughed as she continued stabbing the belly. Every time Sproink was struck on the belly, his skin started to heat up and to First, he started to see red on him.

"Wait!" First alerted, "his belly's already exposed before. This could be a trap!"

"Pshaww!" Scootaloo laughed, "but that's his weak point! We'll finish him off before he can even move a muscle!"

"Why that's it you blokes!" Sproink roared, anger and rage filling his mind and voice as he madly thrashed about. "I'm going to boil you alive!!!" And with that, he stood effortlessly back up and took a deep breath. Everypony's faces fell as with a war squeal, Sproink erupted long jets of flames from his nose, charring the two Yo-Kai in front of him and turning the already hot pools and baths of water into vigorously boiling lava.

"Ahh..." Dazzabell stared at herself in great sadness... "My clothes, my bones, burned and destroyed!!!" She burst into tears of sadness "my heart and body is hurt!!! I look so hideous!!!"

"Dang it!" Pandle picked himself up while heavily breathing "I should have listened to your advice First... We've let our guards down and paid the price. We aren't in any state to fight any longer... We're sorry..." And the two disappeared in a familiar puff of smoke.

"Crap!" Scootaloo stomped her hoof down in despair. "I really was careless, sorry brother..."

"The damage is done..." First comforted, "no use crying over spilt milk. Although..." He started to feel volumes of sweat drip down his face, "milk or anything liquid is going to evaporate in this state! Just look at the water! It's become lava!"

"This is dangerous!!!" Whisper warned, "Sproink has increased the water's temperature to surpass even it's boiling point to become lava! It may be scientifically impossible, but this is Yo-Kai we are dealing with here! If you fall into the pools, you will burn and melt instantly!!!"

"That's nice to know!" First retorted "sounds like we're definitely caught between life and death!"

"I don't think the water-turned-lava is our only problem here!" Scootaloo panted, sweat pouring down her face,

"She's right!" Whisper attempted to wipe the sweat from his face, "thanks to the lava, the humidity in this room has also reached a dangerous level! If you dally here any longer, you'll lose moisture through sweat!!! And you know what happens when you lose too much water and hydration!"

"So either we die by falling in the lava pools, dehydration through sweat, or who knows what this Yo-Kai will do if he takes us down!" First growled, "that's not going to make me back down!"

"Exactly!" Scootaloo added, "is there... Anyway possible to take him down when he's flat on the ground?"

"We'll have to try and make him do it again... He's got a bucket protecting his belly again!"

"Then we'll keep on tossing buckets at his face!" Whisper cried as he continued throwing buckets. After a few buckets have been thrown, Sproink then took a familiar defensive stance by covering his face.

"Alright! Let's strike his face!" First gasped as he joined in the throwing.

"Come on out my friend!" Scootaloo called up two other Yo-Kai, "Calling Wantston!"

"Summoning, Heartful!" This time, a light green beam emitted from the watch. The Yo-Kai being summoned was performing a very light and calm dance to the music.

"Calling Grubsnitch!"

"Summoning, Heartful!"

"Speedy, artful! sing la la la! Everywhere, Heartful!" A group of voices chanted in a slow, serene and a warming tone.

"Wantston!" Wantston posed,

"Grubsnitch!" Grubsnitch posed,

"... Are you serious?" First tilted his head as he started to take deep breaths.

"Oh boy!" Wantston jumped in delight, "we're going to take a bath!"

"Ugh..." Grubsnitch wiped his forehead, "it feels too hot to take one though..."

"Not to question your plans Scoots, but what will the wanting and food-stealing Yo-Kai do?"

"I don't know!" Scootaloo also began resorting to deep breaths, "Hey you guys! Sorry about the heat here, you think you can help calm that mad pig?"

"Hmm..." Grubsnitch looked at Sproink. "I can feel his aura, inspiriting him is going to be very tough..."

"However," Wanston added, "Watch what I can do. Can best friends First and Whisper continue throwing buckets to distract the big bad pig?"

"On it!" First nodded, "I'll continue on fighting till I've dried up!"

"So will I!" Whisper nodded as well and the two kept on throwing barrels straight at Sproink.

"Grr!!!" With every chance, Sproink started to fight back by throwing buckets and bars of soap. This time, buckets collided with each other, causing the many sounds of breaking wood and splintering cracks. This gave enough distraction for Wantston to get up close and personal.

"Hey Big Bad Pig!" Wanston taunted by pulling a face, "open wide!"

"Huh?" Sproink was caught by surprise as a long tongue slithered out from Wantston's mouth. The front of Wantston's tongue was shaped like a five-finger hand and secured a very tight grip on Sproink's Belly Button. Sproink started to feel a lot of fatigue as mysterious purple energy was absorbed from Sproink's Belly Button into Wantston's tongue, where it fluxed and travelled it's way into Wanston's mouth. As that happened, not only Wanston had a light green pleasant aura around him, but so did Grubsnitch, Whisper, Scootaloo and First Base.

"That... Is really, REALLY disturbing." Scootaloo cringed,

"I think I'm going to puke..." First spoke, trying to shield his eyes and preparing a wooden bucket.

"Don't worry best friends Scootaloo and First!" Grubsnitch comforted, "this is Wantston's special power! His Envious Hand... Tongue can absorb energy from victim and share energy to himself and allies! In this situation, it will recover some of your water, but only a little!"

"I guess it does give us more time..." First was still breathing hard, "but it's just getting hotter in here. I can't breathe!"

"Ergh..." Sproink fell to the ground one more time, his belly button and head exposed, Wanston calmly walked back to his friends.

"Well, now that he's like that again, we've got to figure out another way to hit him without him blowing fire from his nose. We've only got about a few mere seconds of breath left before we dry up!" Scootaloo warned,

"Then let's hit his head again!" First yelled as he threw the bucket towards Sproink hitting him clean in the face. Sproink trahsed about once again but this time, he showed no signs of steaming up."

"Yes! That's it! We've got to hit him in the head this time!" Scootaloo punched the air, "we can actually win this!"

"Too late sis..." First panted as he collapsed, "we're out of ammunition..."

"No more buckets..." Whisper floated to the ground like crumpled and dried up paper, "we have no firepower now..."

"No..." Scootaloo clutched her head, "No! NOO!!! We were so close!"

"Umm..." Grubsnitch raised his hand "are you forgetting about us?"

"We have small control of the natural elements of this world!" Wantston finished, "I think our powers combined can finish him off!"

"Are you sure?" Scootaloo crouched to the ground, dizziness and faint feelings raging through her head.

"We'll do what we can!"

"Then do it," Scootaloo commanded before she finally collapsed.

"Let's do this Grubsnitch!" Wantston encouraged, "for our best friends!"

"Yes!" Grubsnitch nodded. As the two nearly-identical Yo-Kai stepped towards Sproink together, they raised their hands in the air.

"Lightning! Give this beast your strongest shock!" Wantston chanted,

"May the power of the Earth slide your rocks onto our adversary!" Grubsnitch chanted. Out of nowhere, a small black cloud appeared to release a single bolt of thunder to strike Sproink's horn square in the face. Sproink twitched and jerked in pain and spasm as the electricity coursed through him. Then, a couple of small but strong boulders collapsed on his face, causing him to squeal in pain.

"Aahhh!!!" Sproink yelled, "I guess... My soak inna bath... Is over." And he collapsed into an unconscious heap and violently disappeared with a very thick puff of smoke, obscuring the entire room. As it subsided, the pools were filled with calm water once more, all the buckets seem to have been repaired and stacked accordingly, and the dancing old stallions and Yo-Kai mysteriously vanished. All that was left behind was two foals and two Yo-Kai who were almost dehydrated to the brink of death, and two identical looking Yo-Kai jumping in victory.

"Yay! Yay! We did it!" Wantston cheered, "we've saved the bath and our best friends!"

"But..." Grubsnitch remembered as he looked at them "they don't look so healthy... Maybe we should tip them into the baths."

"Is the water cold?"

"Hmm..." Grubsnitch tested, "cold and fresh!"

"Okay then, banzai!" Wanston yelled with glee as he and Grubsnitch effortlessly plunged the dried-up foals and Yo-Kai into the cold, rejuvenating water.


"Ohh..." Scootaloo moaned as she opened her eyes, "where... Am... I? It's too fuzzy and blurry..."

"Hey! Looks like she's regaining consciousness!"

"And so is best friend First!" Voices were echoing through her ears and into her mind.

"Take it easy Scootaloo, you don't want to get up so fast. You've gone through a very arduous process of getting hydrated, so you need to take it slowly..." Scootaloo's eyes started to clear up as she started to see the familiar face of Whisper.

"Wh-Whisper?" Scootaloo tilted her head, "am I... Dead?"

"Don't be so pessimistic my dear!" Whisper smiled, "you're very much alive! You and First!"

"Really?" Scootaloo got up to see herself lying on a couch in the familiar room of Timers & More, with First also getting up from the opposite couch.

"It was a very close call though..." Mr Goodsight walked up to them, "what you guys went through was very dangerous. You almost could have died there." He sighed, "then again, I was the one who gave you the job, so it was my responsibility too."

"It's okay Mr Goodsight." First comforted, "thanks to you, we're still alive and hydrated!"

"You really have to thank your Yo-Kai Friends though," Mr Goodsight replied, "after hearing everything, it turns out that you have relied on their help during battle. You have trusted them to help you survive and they did, not only to take down Sproink, but for you to also come back from the brink."

"Huh..." Scootaloo looked around the room, finding Wantston and Grubsnitch, as well as Jibanyan, Dazzabel and Pandle who seemed to be recovering fine.

"Thank goodness you're okay!" Jibnayan sighed, "I was afraid that you wouldn't make it!"

"We'll also be fine," Dazzabel comforted, "I can always make new clothes."

"Dazzabel, Pandle, Grubsnitch and Wantston." Scootaloo addressed, "Thank you. Thank you so much for helping me stay alive."

"We're best of friends!" Grubsnitch smiled back, "we all help each other, through life and death!"

"Besides," Pandle continued, "we are in a sense, spirits. I wouldn't want my friends who are still alive to become one of us so soon."

"The co-operation and friendship between Pony and Yo-Kai is valuable and powerful like any other friendship, and can overcome the most toughest of adversities." Mr Goodsight lectured, "and the Yo-Kai Watch is the bridge to allow this immense power to be harnessed by the right ponies."

"Oh yeah..." First moaned as he regained his composure, "speaking about the Yo-Kai Watch, that Sproink Yo-Kai was talking about it before we fought. Says he was going to give it to somepony. What is this all about?" Mr Goodsight fell silent and a serious look came across his face.

"Then you need to know the situation of Yo-Kai to my extent. The existence of Yo-Kai is unknown to the other lands but Neighpon, but we were here for as long as the world itself."

"Really?" Scootaloo was eager to listen,

"Our names have sometimes been mentioned or even worshipped by Ponies in Neighpon. In reality, Yo-Kai ourselves have established a society similar to how ponies lived, only in a different realm."

"Then how did you get into Equestria?"

"When part of the Neighponese population migrated to Springdale, some might have believed that Yo-Kai migrated with them, this is not true. In fact, we came to Springdale a LONG time ago, under the guidance of King Enma, the king of all Yo-Kai. Coming to Equestria was one of his missions, but he never told anypony what that mission was, nor did he live to tell others or see it completed..."

"But if you've been here for so long, how did you remain hidden?"

"It was only until the Neighponese migrated here did we decide to come out of hiding. It all happened one-thousand years ago, where the skies became red with blood as the moon stood in the sky, refusing to move. When the two Royal Sisters clashed, it threw all the Yo-Kai into disarray and fear, causing them to hide in their home, the Yo-Kai World. By that, I don't mean back in Neighpon, before Nightmare Moon was sealed by the Elements of Harmony, the Yo-Kai managed to create a gate that bridges that gap between the Yo-Kai World and Equestria, right here in Springdale."

"Amazing..."

"Through those one-thousand years, some began to question King Enma's decision of why he wanted to come here into the first place, as well as to criticise the demeanour of the ponies at that time. Even those who have authority would seize the opportunity to fight against each other in a civil war, and cause anypony caught in-between to pay the price."

"But... It's not like that anymore!" First objected, "things have changed! The sisters have made peace! We've got FOUR Princesses now who work together in harmony!"

"As a Yo-Kai who disguises himself as a Pony to become an observer, what you said is true. However, Yo-Kai has never set foot into the main cities of Equestria to find that on their own. Yo-Kai who have the blessing of the King to enter the Pony world can only learn through the accords of Equestria's History. Others who want to enter the world by force are restricted from walking into your world via seals around Springdale. Those 'others' are power-hungry monsters that want to control Equestria and their inhabitants because of their abusive nature and superior authority over other species and themselves.

"B-But... Nopony's perfect..." Scootaloo also spoke,

"As are we..." Mr Goodsight nodded, "however, not all Yo-Kai think the same... King Enma wants to unify both the Yo-Kai and Pony World in a diplomatic way of peace and friendship. But as Yo-Kai are invisible to Pony eyes, he wanted to overcome that adversity. Only someponies have the gift to see Yo-Kai, but not all... There was one pony who wanted everypony to understand the existence of Yo-Kai. So, he built the foundation of what became the sole key item that will connect Pony and Yo-Kai together in the years to come: The Yo-Kai Watch."

"I see... So the reason why some Yo-Kai wanted it is because..."

"They do not share the same ideals that King Enma has, and wants to control Equestria through unethical and violent means. Having the Yo-Kai Watch proves dangerous as even a single pony knowing the existence of Yo-Kai can topple their plans of domination."

"Those who still believe in Enma's ideals, were inspired to design more... Sophisticated models of the Watch, myself included, but mine didn't come out so well... However, I am known for fixing and even upgrading these type of watches... But that's for later. Here is the most important part that concerns your decision, do you really want to continue holding the Yo-Kai Watch? Even when you know what happens if you do?" The siblings looked at each other with concerns, whispered to one another, and made their decision.

"It's... A lot to take in..." Scootaloo answered, "and things got very strange ever since we got that Yo-Kai Watch. But this type of strange really takes the bill... Especially when we deal with Yo-Kai that could harm even us...!" She looked her brother,

"But..." First continued, "we have been told that our life will not be the same once we took this Yo-Kai Watch, and we've accepted that fact and even promised our Yo-Kai friends. Now look at us, if we've escaped the clutches of that Malicious Yo-Kai, there's no doubt that we can do it again."

"And so..." Scootaloo nodded with determination, "we will still keep the Yo-Kai Watch, and we will overcome whatever is thrown at us."

"We won't back down so easily against mischievous and malicious Yo-Kai, because we've got Yo-Kai friends of our own. We will try to help all Yo-Kai if possible." First added, "It's a win-win situation here. This Yo-Kai activity is what caused our family to move here to investigate. We keep activity down, things can go back to normal in Springdale and we get to go home."

"Besides," Scootaloo concluded, "Our old brother has been on duty for a long time now. We can take care of each other, and all the more with our new Yo-Kai friends."

"So you have decided to walk down this path. Very well." Mr Goodsight nodded, "then I shall tell you this. Springdale was a really peaceful place, but what you have said is true, Yo-Kai behaviour has been getting out of hand these days. I have a bad feeling that there is going to be an uprising soon enough in the Yo-Kai World that it could effect Springdale too."

"Though..." Scootaloo sighed, "I kind of wish we get to befriend a cool Yo-Kai when this is complete..."

"Is that so?" Mr Goodsight laughed, "then you'd better take a look at this young Scootaloo!" And he pulled out a familiar piece of technology. Scootaloo gasped as she realised the Watch hanging from her chest is gone.

"Wh-What did you do to it?"

"Don't worry," Mr Goodsight comforted, "it looks as good as it always has been. Though let's just say I made a few improvements. Even cool or cute Yo-Kai carry immense power, and they are very hard to find due to that. So I gave it a good upgrade, and it can allow you to discover new and powerful Yo-Kai to befriend!"

"Really??? I guess that will do!!!" Scootaloo smiled, "thanks a lot Mr Goodsight!!!"

"I'll make sure to inform the Guard about the Hot Springs now, and I'll tie up the loose ends about the incident. If you ever want to upgrade your watch to find more powerful friends, come find me!"

"Sure! We will!!!"

"Just one more thing," Mr Goodsight warned, "Yo-Kai has formed a society very identical to Ponies. Therefore, words and rumours can spread as fast."

"What Rumors?" First asked,

"Two little foals have their hooves on the most important and sole item that can reveal their secret existence to the entire living world. This Yo-Kai Watch is the only item in existence to allow Ponies to see Yo-Kai. Take care of yourself."

"We will Mr Goodsight." The siblings nodded, "thanks for everything."

"Goodbye now!" Mr Goodsight waved goodbye with a smile as the siblings left the store.


As evening rolls by, Scootaloo and First have finished writing their letters, when Flash came back home with an enlightened face.

"Scootaloo? First?" Flash called for his younger siblings, "I need to talk to you."

"What is it?" Scoots asked as the two trotted down the stairs.

"This morning, there has been a dangerous situation in the Hot Springs Bathhouse at Blossom Heights. The water there seem to have spiked in temperatures dangerous to the Pony Flesh."

"Ouch...!" First winced, "that would burn... A lot!"

"This problem wasn't fixed for a very long time. I was afraid that the Hot Springs would have to be closed down, and the staff running it as well as it's regulars would be put under a lot of suspicion and pressure."

"But..." Scootaloo gestured to continue,

"When dusk approached, do you remember Mr Goodsight at Timers & More? He's a regular at the Bathhouse. He has contacted the Hot Springs staff to see if the water was fixed and surprisingly enough, it actually has!"

"Well, all's well that ends well!"

"It's not over yet though..." Flash's face became serious, "Mr Goodsight then confirmed that it was two foals who have spotted something going wrong near the area, and had informed him of the problem. Turns out that it was a leak coming from one of the boilers below the Hot Springs. It has been overworking so hard that it started expanding and pumping in more excess heat. If left unchecked, it could have exploded or worse, turn the water into lava, though that is scientifically impossible."

"Yeah..." First darted his eyes to Whisper, "... That would be impossible."

"Regardless, he wants to reward those two little foals, so the Hot Springs decided to give them a gift."

"Really?" Scootaloo's eyes widened in delight "I bet it's something good!!!"

"... Stop hiding it." Flash sighed, "he told me their descriptions. Two ponies with similar shades of orange, pink mane, blue mane. Of course it's going to look like you."

"Eh heh heh..." First replied,

"I've really got to say. What I think you foals did today was absolutely great. You've prevented what could have been an explosion, and you've managed to let's say, prevent what could have become a cold case due to 'supernatural beings'. Here is the gift," Flash pulled out from behind him, some vouchers and a fancy bottle of milk familiar to First.

"These are vouchers to allow a free one-hour soak in the Hot Springs." Flash introduced, "and this is their most freshest and finest milk they sell: Amazing Milk. I thought we'd might like to try it right now."

"Sure!!!" First jumped in delight "I definitely would!"


First and Scootaloo retreated back to their bedroom, a wide smile on their faces.

"Refreshing!" Scootaloo sighed with pleasure "I never knew that the Neighponese would know how to make the freshest of milk!"

"Here Whisper and Jibanyan!" First provided two small shot glasses, "we've saved some for you!"

"Thanks First!" Jibanyan meowed as he gulped it up.

"How kind of you," Whisper thanked as he to raised the glass to his lips.

"Well," Scootaloo thought loudly, "Mr Goodsight definitely knew on how to make up a story."

"No turning back huh?" First reflected, "we're definitely not turning back anymore, we've made a promise."

"I've got a bad feeling that our Yo-Kai infested life has just begun..." Scootaloo gulped, "I still have regrets about getting this Watch, but we've got no choice now."

"Do not worry," Whisper comforted, "as Yo-Kai are invisible, I'm sure life for both of you will still go as normal. School, Dinner, you get the drill. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a Slice of Life story!"

"Whisper, what is 'Slice of Life'?" First asked,

"Isn't that a story genre that labels stories that look at everyday life of a certain character?" Scootaloo added,

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." Whisper chuckled,

Author's Note:

The Yo-Kai Watch is now able to find more Yo-Kai! (From D-Rank to C-Rank!)