• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,486 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,486

Chapter 7: Our decision

Dear Flash Sentry

What you have written to me is a very serious case. I was made aware of the mentioned snowstorm from the Cloudsdale weather central, and that we were unable to gather any information as of what happened from within. If there is such thing as spirits stirring up trouble within the lives of ponies, it could mean great danger for us all. You have now proven that something is supernaturally afoot in Springdale, and for that, we need to pull a thorough investigation.

But more importantly, how can you say something like that!? The journalist told me that you had it all under control! What is with the sudden emotional breakdown and call for help!? And furthermore, why are your little siblings are involved in all this!? They're just young foals and fillies, how is it that you are so irresponsible for their care? This is YOUR case, not THEIRS. I want you to pull them out of trouble right away! What happened to you!? This isn't the brave Flash Sentry that I know!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you've given me all this information regarding the case, and that you're beginning to break it down, but involving a foal let alone your siblings is unprofessional and dangerous! Listen, I'll... I'll think of something to do. Perhaps I'll send somepony over like Spike. I'll also understand that you're still willing to take this case, but please, leave your siblings out of this NOW.

With royal regards from Equestria's faithful Princess

Twilight Sparkle


Flash Sentry took a deep breath as he finished reading the letter from his Princess. Things are beginning to go downhill from here for himself and his family. No more slacking around, and especially no more investigations for the siblings, he thought.

"But..." Flash growled to himself, "what am I thinking!? I know it's dangerous for them but, they've found, survived and solved countless supernatural incidents, even more than I'm doing! Without them, I would have gotten nowhere! Argh, I should have re-written that letter!"

"Flash?" Scootaloo called as they trotted down the stairs, "we're going to be going out to the school, we won't be long this time!"

"After a few days?" Flash asked, "something is amiss here, I demand to know why. Is it related to ghosts again?"

"Yeah," First nodded, "why is that? A-Are we in trouble?"

"You are in trouble," Flash replied, shoving the letter into their faces, "we all are, from you-know-who."

"Uh-oh..." Scootaloo gulped in horror, "this really is bad! Wh-What should you do Flash?"

"I'm afraid the responsibility is not in my hands." Flash stated, "If I had a say in this, I would have kept you out of it, but no. You chose to involve yourself in this, and you've proven to me that you are courageous to handle this together with First. Your own investigations and cases are, to be blunt, so much more informative, and it clears a lot of grey areas. Our investigations in the guard don't even come up close to you. It's such an embarrassing mockery, that it's like one of those Neighponese Cartoons where dangerous jobs like fighting crime or investigating murders are left to young foals and fillies instead of young adults and older."

"Flash, this is all wrong." Scootaloo replied, "I know we shouldn't talk back to a princess when she's furious, but we need to let her understand that this isn't your fault, it's our own choice, and we decided to go through this. All you have been doing is supporting us, and you know it!"

"Indeed." Flash growled in angered agreement, "I assume you want to write back to her?"

"If it's going to put you under suspicion, then we'd better tell everything to you." First answered,

"Yeah, perhaps we should sign the letter too!" Scootaloo replied, "better yet, write everything."

"I appreciate you that you all have concern for me." Flash replied, "so let's start right away."

*Ding Dong* The doorbell rang,

"Now who is this?" Flash asked,

"That..." Scootaloo remembered, "would be Nate."

"Is he here for a play date? Or is he a part of the thing?"

"Latter." Scootaloo replied "because he was involved in the disappearing case, he had to come along."

"Good morning Nate," First opened the door,

"Morning First, Scoots, Flash." Nate greeted back, "how are you two doing?"

"Very refreshed." Scootaloo replied, "just talking about things regarding today."

"Oh... I've come at a bad time. Have I?"

"It's okay. The nitty-gritty of these ghosts are privy between the four of us."

"In that case, I can wait till you guys finish your conversation."

"On second thoughts..." Flash stopped him there, "why don't you three do what you have to do first?"

"Are you sure about this Flash?" First asked,

"Yeah, I can handle a basis of the return letter, as well as things of my own to do, but we can do this in a jiffy. Even if you take all day to come back."

"Okay then." Scootaloo said without any objection, and grabbed her bag of supplies. First did the same and they trotted to the front door.

"Just one thing, the three of you." Flash stopped, "I've said it many times now, but I want the three of you to stay safe and stay together. Even if you've faced these ghosts before, don't underestimate your enemy. They can pull a new trick that can catch you unaware."

"Sure thing Big Bro. See ya later!" First waved goodbye,

"Confident I see." Flash smiled, "best of luck!"

"Just wondering." Nate asked as he closed the front door and trotted with the siblings to school. "Why is it that he doesn't call Yo-Kai, Yo-Kai?"

"If the characteristics resemble a ghost, it's a ghost!" Whisper replied, "that or he's still not used to calling us Yo-Kai. It's fine really, no offence taken."

"Actually, it's because we never told them your actual name. Just referred to them as ghosts for simplicity!" Scootaloo answered,

"Okay then." Nate replied, "so who are we meeting?"

"A serpent Yo-Kai named Venoct." First answered, "he's a... Nice guy, as long as you get on his good side. That's probably a reason why he's so lonely."

"The first time he contacted us, he inspirited and possessed Flash. It was a bit shocking, but at least he was more sensible to write a message instead."

"Listen, I know he's not a nice guy but talking behind his back doesn't seem so... Nice either." Nate asked,

"Just wait till you meet him okay? Maybe you'll have second ideas on defending him." Scootaloo retorted.

"Speaking of which, where is Jibanyan?" Nate asked,

"So many questions today Nate." First sighed, "Then again, you haven't seeing us lately. Jibbers is at the intersection where we met him, deciding to test his experiences from his adventures with us. I hope he'll be able to make a dent on a wagon someday."

"So... Am I just a mere replacement for Jibanyan?" Nate asked, his eyebrow arched,

"Don't sell yourself short my friend!" Scootaloo laughed, "no matter how average or bland you are, it's the least likely that is the most dangerous!"

"Yeah, sure, I'll remember that..."


Once again (save for Nate), the band of friends trotted to the gates of their fair and blooming school. Next to a small statue overlooking the school track, the slippery and secretive client floated nearby, waiting for their arrival.

"So you've come again..." Venoct greeted, "this time, yet another unfamiliar faces greets me. Whom is this pony? And tell me, why is he, of supremely average proportions, of great importance to follow you?"

"This is Nate," Scootaloo introduced, "he may be your average school foal living through a normal life, but he's our best friend because of that. He was also a victim to Yo-Kai incidents, one as such being Massiface."

"N-Nice to meet you!" Nate greeted, his legs and body shivering in the climate of fear. "I-I hope we can get along!"

"This is no time for conversations!" Venoct growled, scaring the wits out of Nate even more, "I came here to listen to your decision. Will you fight for the cause that we, the Resistance of Enma, holds till our last existence in this world?"

"We do." Scootaloo nodded, with the others nodding in agreement, "now's there's something you need to fulfill for us."

"Anything. What do you need?"

"First, the truth. I don't want you lying to us anymore, okay? Especially with the 'we' part. We've learnt from your Psychologist Mirapo, that you were in this alone. I dare hope that you didn't take this consultation a thousand years ago, cause being alone for that long of a time can seriously drive somepony crazy for revenge."

"..." Venoct just kept silent,

"To tell you the truth, I gathered that from the day we properly met, the words and actions from you and the three Yo-Kai you decimated." Scootaloo explained further, "First and I gathered that you needed actual numbers on your side to face McKraken, but it's even more than that. You've been alone for a long time, and you stayed that way."

"All that matters is that McKraken must be defeated and pony-kind protected, regardless if I do this alone or not." Venoct countered, "I have trained hard to destroy every Yo-Kai standing in my way. My power knows no limits."

"Then you don't even know half of what pony-kind can do." First rebutted, "a pony's strength comes neither from their own power, nor the power in numbers. It is the connection, bonds and ties between each and everypony that allows us to climb the highest mountains, push aside the hatred within disputes, and defeat the darkest of demons. If you have been observing us, then you should have known that the many calamities that Equestria has faced had been averted had it not been for the bond of the Royal Sisters, and especially the Princess of Friendship and her best friends. Even you should know this too as Yo-Kai. If a Yo-Kai medal is the symbol of trust and friendship between a Yo-Kai and a Pony, why not make friends with other Yo-Kai? So if you really want to work together to win this, you need somepony to lean on."

"... And the second thing?" Venoct asked, his tone and change of subject made clear to the rest that he was in no mood to discuss beliefs and ideals. Knowing this too, the siblings answered his next question.

"The story." First replied, "the story of how a spiritual race known as Yo-Kai, originated in the lands of Neighpon, and migrated their way to Equestria."

"Very well." Venoct agreed, "Lord Enma could still fulfill his goal of unifying Yo-Kai and Ponies together in Neighpon, but there was a special mysterious power that Enma could feel far into the west. If some power like that can be felt over great distances, it would be powerful. Would it?"

"To put it roughly, yeah." Nate agreed,

"Then there's your answer to why we went to Equestria." Venoct replied, "We've been living within the shadows of Ponies, sometimes inspiriting them or even trotting among them disguised as one in appearance and personality. Like the Neighponese, the Equestrian Ponies soon began to recognise our presence through theory or sightings. It's disheartening to see that the ponies in the west are very... Shameless to interpret and make false information about us, and therefore rally the masses to cripple our presence with their venomous words all untrue, but all 'opinionated', to the point of trying to make us non-existent." A twinge of anger could be seen through Venoct's serpent eyes. "If only Enma weren't so forgiving, I would have made each and every neighsayer at that time suffer physically, the damage they spout at us verbally. Better yet, I would give them a one-way ticket to become the creatures they have scorned."

"I'm... Really sorry that I can't speak for western ponies for their pure hatred and... crippling disbelief... To spark the vengeful spirit within you." First apologised, "but I'm sure not everypony is like that."

"You are correct." Venoct nodded, "there are ponies who do acknowledge our existence, only a few, but there are. Some ponies had the mysterious ability to see the unseen. And as such, began the first communication between Pony and Yo-Kai."

"It was one hot summer day however, when a pony, or two if I'd mention, had the dream or ambition to extend the connection between the living and the dead, rather than just those born with the gift of curse of paranormal vision. Together, they created the first bridge to do so. It is a special device using the most mystical of Yo-Kai material, combined with the contraptions and mechanisms of ponies: The Yo-Kai Watch. Although it is unknown to when it was made, yours is definitely not the first."

"Wow..." Nate listened with awe,

"Then came the defining event a thousand years ago. The year where the Royal Sisters clashed with each other, us Yo-Kai were caught in the middle by surprise. Nopony could do that since the Princesses of Neighpon."

"So the Princesses' power really did affect you!" First exclaimed,

"I wouldn't have guessed really." Scootaloo continued, "I mean, they are Princesses of the land."

"Because of that, many a Yo-Kai were thrown into disarray. Some were instantly exorcised or completely sent to the afterlife as you call it. All were struck with fear and thus, fled back into their world, where we hid for a very long time."

"And then things started building up in your world. McKraken right?"

"Indeed. McKraken was one such Yo-Kai who opposed the ponies even before 1000 years ago. Fully amassed with revenge, power, and preparation, he is attempting to get his own back in the most painful way possible. Lord Enma created ample seals that he keeps around Springdale after his passing, which is enough to keep malicious Yo-Kai from entering, especially one reserved for McKraken. And some that does manage to slip through have been sealed away in some of those seals. The thing about these seals, is that they are anywhere or anything, given power through the nature of Springdale and the magic and spirit held within this world. This fine statue beside me is one of them, locking away a very devious Yo-Kai."

"What about the Yo-Kai Watch?" First continued, "there were plans to develop more, right?"

"Yes. The keyword being 'were'." Venoct nodded, "McKraken knows that Ponies that have the ability to see Yo-Kai has a potential threat to his plans, in case they warn the ponies about his coming. Even if nopony will believe them. He won't take any chances."

"He really did try to take those things down. Right?" Nate asked,

"Not even the most secretive of projects were safe from his suctioned grips. Any presence of the idea shared of the Yo-Kai Watch were destroyed or whatnot. I'm not sure if this could be true, but the Yo-Kai Watch you are holding, might be the very last one in existence."

"Oh geez..." Scootaloo muttered aloud, "Great Celestia you sure are lucky Whisper. Maybe being sealed 190 years with the Watch is a blessing in disguise for the future."

"Thanks I guess..." Whisper replied as he looked away in embarrassment.

"Now have you encountered any Yo-Kai that appear... Pale? White?"

"It was a month ago I believe, we spotted a group of white Yo-Kai. A pale version of Roughraff?"

"These are the monstrous insane creations of McKraken himself. The White Yo-Kai. Though not as powerful, they are dangerously insane as he is, and in no certain way, do they want to be your friend."

"Well, their red eyes surely screams for blood, that's for sure. Matches their dull white colours if they want to be insane psychopaths." Nate observed,

"A most interesting interpretation average one."

"Then what's your interpretation? They're right behind you."

"I'm sorry..." Venoct apologised, as he quickly turned around to face three white coloured, red-eyed Fishpicables, strike them down with a single snap of his dragon scarf, and calmly turned back within a split second. "I don't see them around..."

"And that..." First noted to the terrified Nate as the vanquished White Yo-Kai disappeared in a puff of smoke. "Is why he's powerful. Just one-shot."

"This isn't over yet!" A horde of White Yo-Kai charged from all corners, "we've got you now!"

"An ambush!" Scootaloo warned, "get back Nate!"

"Very well then." Venoct growled, bearing his Dragon Scarf. "Now I see them clear as day. Bad mistake for doing so."

"Clear as day?" Scootaloo readied her watch, "you mean they don't come out that often?"

"Not in such big numbers for a start." Venoct replied, his scarves gnashing away at their charging enemies. First pulled out the medallium and tossed the medal of Cadable and Jibanyan over.

"Come on out my friend!" Scootaloo caught the medal, "Calling Jibanyan and Cadable!" Wasting no time to toss it into the air and perform the pose, she instantly inserted the medals one after another, "Do your thing!"

"Summoning Charming!" As if the Watch knew the desperation and severity of the situation, it swiftly launched two pink balls out of the watch and exploded into summoning portals. One for Cadable, and one for Jibanyan.

"Hey!" Jibanyan rudely spoke, a big lump jutting out of his head, "didn't I tell you that I didn't want to be interrupted?"

"Sorry!" Scootaloo apologised, "but we've got big trouble here!"

"Fair enough!" Cadable replied as he drew his sword, "Then I shall protect my friends once more!"

"Oh fine." Jibanyan moaned as he readied his paws, "but I expect a Chocobar or two as my reward!"

"Hah! Hah! Hiyah!" Cadable grunted, plunging and swiping his blade and dispatching each of his foes one after another. "Beware the finesse of a Cicada Warrior!"

"Hmm..." A thought crossed Jibanyan's mind as he neatly parried a blow from a White form of Cadin and delivered a devastating counter. "Feels like the Yo-Kai don't seem to be doing that much to strike us down."

"Right..." First gathered the message as he watched his surrounding enemies with great intensity. Though one or two Yo-Kai would charge in to deliver a blow, the entirety of the enemy horde seemed to focus on keeping them entrapped in a circle so they wouldn't move around. "They're making sure that we stay surrounded, but they don't seem that intent on destroying us completely.

"Then it's their loss." Venoct smirked, as he continued sweeping through the rim of enemies with his unmatched powers, "We'll just pierce through!"

"Hey Whisper, do you happen to have any sort of items that we can use against the Yo-Kai?" Scootaloo asked, "I feel like we can give some more help here."

"Ever since that trial, I was bound to think that you need something to protect yourself... So I have this!" He pulled out a red doll made from bamboo, plant material, or some sort of reeds, with button eyes. "Weapons against Yo-Kai are illegal and a bit obsolete considering that our own abilities and skills are weapons. But I'm sure this thing will do!"

"A doll?" Scootaloo looked back with a sign of disbelief "this is not the time for a joke!"

"You don't understand! This doll can easily distract any Yo-Kai from what ever they are doing! You can use that chance to get away as quick as possible!"

"Are you kitting me!?" Jibanyan replied, "we're fighting! Not fleeing!"

"Hang on!" First got an idea, "hey Venoct. Do you have something that can take down everything that surrounds us?"

"Underestimating my ability is a foolish mistake First. I'll strike these enemies down when given the opening!"

"Then get ready for that!" First signalled as he grabbed the Getaway Plush and threw it high into the air. Immediately all Yo-Kai before them, Whisper included, stopped whatever they were doing and set all their eyes upon the flying doll.

"What are you doing Venoct!?" First yelled at the awe-stricken warrior, staring peacefully at the descending plush. "I told you not to get distracted!"

"So that's what you mean! Very well. I shall decimate you all!" Venoct snapped back to focus. Concentrating his energy, the dragon heads upon his scarf glowed an eerie blue, and snapped repeatedly at the distracted horde in the quickest of blurs.

Snap

Snap

Snap

It was one single second, where all pale white enemies were lay slouched on the ground, giant teeth marks scattered all the bodies of each and every foe. The brutal sight lay before the eyes of the foals and other Yo-Kai companions. The giant horde, decimated after a single snap."

"Wh-What just happened?" Jibanyan looked around at all his terrorising enemies rendered motionless and slain.

"A mere distraction." Venoct puffed, calmly dusting his scarf, "that's all it took for mindless puppets, regardless of number, to fall under the power of the Octo Snake."

"..." Scootaloo grew sick at the number of lifeless ghosts, disappearing one by one with in a puff of smoke. A sign that their life, no matter how small it may be, was over.

"Do you honestly think that I can't take McKraken by myself?" Venoct replied, "Do remember that I am fighting for my fallen village after all."

"Maybe... Maybe..." Scootaloo sceptically answered,

"Now that the ambush is over..." Nate replied, "Shall we continue our conversation?"

"Not yet." First replied, "I have a feeling that this entire ambush... This isn't over."

"What now?" Jibanyan moaned, his paws on the ready again.

"The Yo-Kai could have overrun us with numbers, even if Venoct was on our side." First explained, "but for some reason, they were holding back. Waiting for something that could give us a hard time than what we just went through."

"Are you saying this was all a distraction?" Scootaloo asked,

"If that's the case, then what would be of great importance to the enemy that requires our attention to be diverted?" Whisper prompted,

"Oh no..." Scootaloo's head looked up in horror, "Venoct, did you just say that the small statue in the school was--"

Scootaloo was unable to finish as the ground below shook violently, causing everypony standing on the ground to lose their balance, and shake with the ground. Venoct turned to face the mentioned statue, his eyes widening at the sight of it's solid gaze, expelling ominous purple fumes.

"The seal!" Venoct gasped as a small branch of White Yo-Kai gave a sneer of victory at their dumbfounded foes before retreating with a single purple puff of smoke.

"So uh..." Nate called as the ground warped and warbled his voice into something silly, "who's trapped in that seal?"

"Yessss... I can feeeel iiiiiiiit..." A loud slithering voice echoed from the statue, "the ssssealsss are breakingggg..."

"Yesssss?" Whisper perceived, "sounds like a snake Yo-Kai! Friend of yours Venoct?"

"Nopony is my friend..." Venoct replied.

A giant wall of purple smoke burst forth from the tiled symbol in front of the school. Emerging from the smokey veil, was a humongous purple being, with three necks and mouths, a flabby body representing an amphibian, along two human-like legs and sandal-cushioned feet supporting its lower half. The sound of where sticky surfaces were being forced apart echoed uncomfortably through the skies as the monster's three mouth opened one by one. The two mouths on each side released a yellow-ish purple tongue, covered with thick, visible saliva, while the middle mouth revealed a bright red eye within its gaping maws.

"Ugh!" Nate retched in horror as the red eyeball darted around its view, and focusing it's eerie slimy gaze upon the miniature figures before him. "Forget I asked!"

"Freee at lassssst..." Slimamander spoke, the quaking ground subsiding. "Freeee at lassssst... Finally awake..."

"Ugh..." First cringed in horror as he and the others regained his footing, "who the heck is that!?"

"Slimamander..." Venoct replied, "He's a... Very slimy Yo-Kai. One that's very devoted to McKraken, one that loves to eat living beings, and one that I had a hard time trying to seal..."

"Yesss..." Slimamander growled, a purple aura oozing and flaring up around his body, "I can feeeeel ittt... My power! Surging through!!!"

"That won't happen again Slimamander." Venoct replied, "I'll make sure that you stay asleep and sealed inside that statue again!"

"I highly doubt that Venoct..." Slimamander growled, "It was luck that you managed to sssssseal me in there. It won't happen again! I ssssshall consume you... and the ponies next to you... As my firssst ssssnack in Hundredssss of Yearssssss!!! Glrublrlurblrurblrulbrublbr!!!" He roared as his flicked his head and tongue around.

"Okay, that is completely creepy and it does not match the imposing figure!" Nate cried out, "now we've got to take this thing down!"

"Hey Venoct, since you've fought this thing before, do you have any idea on what to do?" Scootaloo asked,

"He's a slimy three-headed snake that acts as it's eyes and it's mouth whenever he so desires." Venoct explained, "the slippery skin of his is tough like an elephant's, so attacking him from anywhere is utterly moot. Best weak point is to aim for his eyes. The catch is..." He pointed to Slimamander, his tongues and eye retracted, and his mouth-eyes closed shut. "He knows it too."

"Then why not use that doll again?" Scootaloo suggested, "it worked on that horde, why not now?"

"Well..." First replied, covered in red-painted reeds, strands of bamboo, and two buttons nestled on top of his head. "It really was a distraction, to the fact that it really grabs the attention of Yo-Kai. I think it fell apart once it used up all that distracting energy."

"I'm afraid it's the only one I have." Whisper replied, "so sorry..."

"Oh come on!" Scootaloo bellowed, "and to think we had a foolproof plan!"

"I shall burn you to ash!" Slimamander roared as the middle head let loose a breath of flames, deflected by a spectral shield created by Venoct.

"Useless..." Venoct taunted as he called a bolt of lightning to strike from above with a snap of his fingers. The three-headed snake jiggled and wriggled in pain and shock when the electricity collided, but as prior to Venoct said, had no effect on his body overall.

"Uhh... Anything else he's weak to?" First asked,

"What about water?" Scootaloo suggested, "if he breathes fire, why don't we douse him with water? Perhaps it could also do something to wash away that slimy body of his!"

"Then you know what to do." First replied, passing another two medals, "Walkappa and Droplette. Go for broke!"

"Come on out my friend!" Scootaloo called, "calling Walkappa and Droplette! Yo-Kai Medal, Do your thing!"

Similar to those two Yo-Kai, the summoned Yo-Kai emerged from their portals which in turn, popped out from the watch and medal.

"What's this?" Droplette asked, "no time to dance and sing?"

"Nope, we got to fight."

"Alrighty then..." Walkappa yawned, stretching his upper and lower limbs for exercise. "What are we dealing with here?"

"Giant three-headed and eyed snake." First presented their enemy. "Assuming that he's weak to water, you're a good friend that we can count on."

"I don't know... Fighting isn't my thing." Walkappa complained, "Is it okay if I can sit this one out and--" A jet of fire flew towards Walkappa's way covering him in flames and black soot, not to mention drying up the plate upon his head.

"Urk..." Walkappa groaned, his body shrivelling like a prune. "Maybe that's a good sign to start fighting."

"Let me help you." Droplette offered and released a shower of water enough to wash and dampen the dried up plate.

"Thanks pal." Walkappa sighed with relief as he began to regain his blue colour and damp composure, "Now..." He glared at the perpetrator, "It's time to fight."

"So if he keeps on shutting his eyes, how do you suggest we make sure they stay open?" Nate asked,

"No idea? Then stand back and observe." Venoct instructed. Approaching the slimy beast, Slimamander retaliated with a wild flailing of his middle head. Venoct nimbly leapt away and jumped all around, giving the giant snake abomination a wild headache.

"Ugh..." Slimamander moaned in dizziness and resorted to his left and right heads into spewing his signature fire breath. Venoct jumped high into the air above the sea of flames and dive bombed towards his enemy. The audience watched the Serpent Warrior snap his fangs upon Slimander's left head, right after closing his mouth. Caught unaware by the sudden counter-attack, the head hanged low and released it's purple yellow-tipped tongue. Hastily changing his target, Venoct aimed for the head in the middle and unleashed his flurry of bites once more. With unbearable pain, the middle head revealed what he held inside, the big white eye with the most devilish of red irises.

"I've got you!" Venoct replied, and mercilessly assaulted the eye with everything he got, or rather, his scarf has got. Slimamander wriggled around in intense pain, the multitude of bites on his eye sending messages of immense agony and torture though his pain-stimulating nerves. All around, the pony and Yo-Kai team watched, and they understood their aim. However, the ever watchful filly saw a flaw in the demonstration of the demonstration on exposing the weak point, a large one at that.

"Venoct..." Scootaloo approached the Serpent Warrior, spying very small sweat drops upon his face, not to mention the large expansion and retraction of his chest.

"Now..." Venoct gestured, "I suggest you follow suit."

"We will, but not if we have a full-proof plan."

"What is there to lose? It is just simple tactics! Aim for the head until he exposes his eye!"

"Simple tactics my hoof!" Scootaloo bellowed, "how much effort do you need to open a single head of his!?"

"..." Venoct hesitated,

"The exhaustion from the White Yo-Kai ambush is hampering your current energy." Scootaloo explained, "and not to mention. If he really has three heads and tongues, there is the possibility of swapping the eye to another head is present!"

"You... You don't think I can do this?" Venoct growled, his eyes glared in anger.

"You can, don't get me wrong. But not in this state." Scootaloo replied, "you need a boost on energy, and we can give you that!"

"I NEED NO HELP FROM PONIES!" Venoct growled, "you want to test your first-time observation against a veteran's experience? FINE!"

"Venoct! Stop!" Scootaloo cried as the Serpent Warrior came to face-to-face with the foe once more. Regaining his stunned eye and closing all of his heads/eyes.

"Sssssstill the sssstubborn one I ssssssee..." Slimamander taunted with a laugh,

"Less talking, more fighting." Venoct growled, "I will slay you right here, right now."

"You do pack a punch sssssince last time we fought. Caught me off guard!"

"What part of 'training' don't you understand?" Venoct smirked,

"As if that'sssss going to help you defeat me!" Slimamander lashed out with his left head, "you honessssstly thought I wassss giving up? I'm not even ssssssstarted!"

"Hmph..." Venoct grinned and dodged the beast's thrashing head, then proceeded to go violent upon the middle head once again.

"Look at me!" Venoct growled as he forcibly yanked the middle eye wide open, but only to see a great deep darkness that leads to unknown and dreary places, and a purple-yellow tongue awoken to the brightness of the sun.

"Now, why don't you look into my fire!" Slimamander laughed with another head as his forced open middle head began to charge fire. Venoct could see a red light from within the black underbelly grow brighter, and redder and hotter. An intense breath of flame burst forth from the forced mouth, catching Venoct within its burning blast, pushing him back with searing flames.

"Grahhhh!!!" Venoct roared as he shook his flames away with a single brush of his hands. "You'll pay for that!" And targeted the right head this time, prying it open with unyielding and persevering strength. But once again, he opened up a big gaping mouth, instead of an eye.

Venoct hesitated, gazing into another buildup of fire coming through once more. The others watched in horror as Venoct was once again caught ablaze by the slimy fire breath.

"Argh..." Venoct floated back, as if he was shot down like a plane. Scootaloo immediately rushed over to his side, and checked for wounds.

"You only went in going with luck, rather than actually knowing where to strike." Scootaloo replied,

"Well how am I supposed to know!?" Venoct growled, "you think this is a game where you can find the pattern of a boss and defeat it!?"

"If you harshly put it that way, maybe." Scootaloo answered, "but look on the bright side, when you forced his other two eyes-I mean mouths open, it takes a long time to recover, making them unable to attack. The others are observing too, and they've taken their measure to attack the last head."

"Let's go guys!" Jibanyan lead the charge as the flurry of Yo-Kai called went straight for Slimamander's left head, the only unopened head. With many slices from Cadable, and a geyser of water from Walkappa, and with the few paw punches from Jibanyan, this influx of energy, compared to Venoct's power, was enough to push the eye wide open once more.

"Phew!" Walkappa panted, "that skin, I thought I would my attacks would never connect!"

"The same, I feared my blade has dulled." Cadable remarked, "this is certainly some opponent that we shouldn't underestimate!"

"Then what are we waiting for?" Jibanyan called, "let's give it our all!!!"

"Maybe they'll need some help. Some 'Macho' Strength is needed!" Scootaloo requested,

"You got it!" First pulled out a Tough Medal, Darumacho's mosaic-like image imprinted on the front. "Calling Darumacho!"

"Summoning Tough!"

"Darumacho!!!" Darumacho roared, "it's good to see that you need me once again!"

"How have you been Darumacho?" First greeted, "not feeling dull at all?"

"Dull? DULL??? That lazy part of me is gone. I am all about muscle and macho!!!"

"Thought so. That's definitely you Darumacho. Think we can work together?"

"If my power allows foals like you to fight mano a mano with enemy Yo-Kai, then I'm your Man!!!" Darumacho roared,

"Alright then," Scootaloo smiled as she saw the three Yo-Kai giving Slimamander a slippery pain in the eye. "Hey Whipser, since you can't fight. Can you do something else for me?"

"No need! I know exactly what you want. If you want to repair the seal, I can do that immediately!"

"Actually, I was wanting you to search up additional information of Slimamander if you can, but that's a good plan too! Thanks Whisper, I'll leave that to you."

"I shall perform my task without any concern!" Whisper bowed and flew towards the purple fume-spewing statue.

"Hey Venoct." Scootaloo trotted over for comfort,

"Well? What are you waiting for?" Venoct growled, "the monster must be sealed again!"

"Venoct, stop, please." Scootaloo replied, "you're badly injured and tired. Any further attacks can cost you your power and life."

"Ssssee?" Slimamander overheard the conversation and laughed, after he got his eye handed to him a second time. "It wassss all luck! A mere sssssslip on a banana peel was the only thing it took for me to losssse my control and a quick opening for him to ssssseal me!"

"Seriously? A banana peel?"

"Don't talk to me about that!" Venoct roared, anger and embarrassment thrust upon the filly.

"Venoct." First came over, "there is no shame, no embarrassment, no honour lost on winning or losing a battle due to luck. What mattered is that you used this opportunity to get your victory and Carpe Diem."

"What?"

"Seize the day."

"I only speak Neighponese and English mind you. I know not of the language you speak."

"Latin." First answered, "but anyway! If you had some allies with you, it would reduce a lot of your load and burden. Hadn't you thought of getting more allies?"

"All the allies I know of are slaughtered long ago. The only thing within me is to avenge them..."

"Perhaps it is true, that it will give you peace to avenge your family and friends." First continued,

"But it won't be over. You'll still be lonely." Scootaloo finished, "even if you are tough, scary, it won't do much if you're alone..."

"Spare me your sympathy! What do you know about losing your family!?"

"Everything." Scootaloo countered with a firm look, "we may not have lost as much you have, but we suffered a loss nonetheless. It's just us and our brother, didn't you know that?"

"..." Venoct glared in silence,

"I don't know how your reflection with Mirapo went, but ours is what reminded us on what we had been doing all the time in Ponyville. Our parents wanted us to make friends and live our lives till the end."

"Now that I think about it Venoct, your tragic history is a lot similar to ours in a way. Where we ended up in our beliefs and paths... I'm sure our distinct states pretty much explains it." First replied, petting a Dragon head of Venoct's scarf.

"First? Scoots? We've got trouble!" Jibanyan warned as the attacking party returned in worry,

"Your sssssnotty little friendsss have caused a lot of trouble for my eye." Slimamander growled, "I demand compensation!!!"

"Can we do this later? They're having a moment here!" Nate butted in,

"Talking isss for wimpssss. And there issss no time for ssssuch matters in war!" Slimamander retorted,

"If you truly believe that working together can take him down, then show me. Show me how strong your friendship is!" Venoct demanded,

"Not without you." First replied, pulling out a mysterious bottle of purple and yellow colour, with a black swirl in the middle and a tag wrapped around the bottle. "You'll need first hand experience, and that is to fight with us as a team."

"First, what is that?" Scootaloo asked,

"Get back everypony!" Nate warned. Slimamander's middle and left head released a large gust of burning breath, combined midway to create a dreadful inferno. With Nate's warning however, the Yo-Kai and Ponies managed to push themselves away from the radius and began finishing up their talking.

"This is called VoltXtreme. 'The juice that will push you to your extreme limits!'" First replied, "when I was going to buy some drinks from a vendor, the machine gave something completely different, one that was not on the display. Flash told me that there has been things happening like this. All for a random stroke of luck should you get this drink. However, its contents listed on the bottle has shown to be quite... Dangerous for the pony body. When a victim ingested its contents, Flash said he was hyper, energetic, caffeinated, aggressive, all the crazy things that addiction to drinks like this would happen. Keep in mind though, that something like this would happen after consecutive drinks of Y-Cola or Soul Tea. This is just ONE bottle, and the effects are 10 times larger than normal addiction, and lasted for a week without sleep."

"Seriously!?" Nate gasped, "that's a crazy drink!"

"You should have seen the aftermath. All of the victim's body systems are completely distorted in their functions and structures, and the pony was bedridden for a fortnight in the hospital, and was given three weeks on rehabilitation and diet. As such, it's banned, but they never stopped dispensing from the vendors, nor were their origins discovered."

"You know what? Remind me never to drink soft and caffeinated drinks again."

"Not suited for ponies I guess." First laughed, "but this is for Venoct."

"Huh?"

"I'm sure this will revitalise you immensely. You'll get your energy back!"

"If you insist..." Venoct sighed as he grabbed the bottle, popped the cap open, and brought the heavily carbonated liquid through his lips. The bitter fizzy contents soaked the serpent's dry mouth full of liquid adrenaline that his body began to shake and stir. His panting and heavy breathing ceased immediately, and the spectral skin upon him tensed greatly.

"This drink... What did you give me?"

"I have no idea myself." First replied, "but before you strike once again. Did you not observe his attacks?"

"Two gusts of flame from his middle and left head. What of it?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Scootaloo laughed, "do you think an eye can spit out fire?"

"!!! I see!" Venoct's eyes widened in realisation.

"I've also advised the Yo-Kai to observe." Scootaloo explained, "they too know what to do now. If you can't match power for power, then fight smart!"

"Not yet," First added, pulling out a Major League Bat from his bags, "It's enough time that I stood from the sidelines being a coach and guide. If I can fight back then, I'll do it now!"

"Let me help too!" Nate volunteered, "if our Yo-Kai friends can power up mere ponies to fight back, I'll gladly help my friends and share that support!"

"Alright then! You can have this!" First replied, passing a Minor League Bat to Nate, "let's swing like there's no tomorrow!"

"Then let me boost your potential!" Darumacho roared and released his yellow inspiriting aura, covering the two foals with his influence, and pumping nothing but raw macho strength and fire.

"Venoct, we may not have met on desirable terms, but even as a Yo-Kai, doing all those things for us, you also need to learn on how to work together." Scootaloo replied, "so that's why I want you to lead this battle."

"... Very well then," Venoct stood up, burned and charred, but full of energy. He turned to the three-headed beast with impatience, and charged at the right head, with the others following behind. "Perhaps can you do the honours, First and Nate?"

"With pleasure. Sandwich tactic?" First suggested,

"Sure! From the left and right!" Nate laughed as the two galloped forward with confidence and bravery.

"Oh no you don't!" Slimamander growled as his right head slammed down like a hammer hoping to smush the two foals flat. The foals split apart from each other as the head fell, and countered with a unified smack on top of the head, then followed-up with another unified yet wild swing straight into the beast's opening. With a loud satisfying crack of the bats, the three headed beast yelled in pain and believe it or not, revealed it's inner eye instantly.

"Impossible!" Slimamander growled, "how can two mere foals reveal my weak point instantly!?"

"Must be a Yo-Kai!" First laughed,

"We strike everypony!" Darumacho rallied, his power influencing and inspiriting the rest of the Yo-Kai. "Feel the power of what a Macho Man is!"

"I can feel it once more!!!" Jibanyan growled,

"Enough talking already!" Nate laughed, "you're making things sound over the top again!"

"We strike!" Venoct commanded, and with cries of war, the Yo-Kai allies joined in with First and Nate as they repeatedly smashed, clobbered, sliced, pummelled, snapped, scratched, and all sorts of nasty violent acts, whipping up a giant comedic cloud of dust, dirt, wind, and more. Scootaloo watched with a joyful smile on her face. A successful plan and a comedic scene of her enemy getting beaten up. The dust settled as the group retreated, a very dazed and damaged Slimamander slumped on the floor.

"Well done everypony!" Scootaloo applauded, "well done!"

"Phew! I definitely felt a much bigger connection!" Walkappa smiled and stood proud,

"I wish I wasn't so weak in my physical strength..." Droplette sighed,

"Now I am verily confident that my blade is sharp as the sharpest blade!" Cadable laughed,

"..." Scootaloo thought for a moment, then turned to First, "Medallium Please?"

"Sure..." First handed it over, "What for?"

"Just to check something..." Scootaloo scrolled through the medal-filled pages. Stopping by at a very peculiar one full of light. "And I'm done!"

"Grr..." Slimamander rose back up, badly damaged and wounded, his heads hanging very low.

"Uh Whisper?" Scootaloo called, "how's the seal work going?"

"Halfway there!" Whisper replied, chanting a few words and dusting the statue, "can you help me Jibanyan?"

"Me? I've never done seal fixing, but okay!" Jibanyan replied as he trotted off,

"I won't let you do that!" Slimamander roared, swinging his middle head for an interruption.

"I won't let YOU do that!" Droplette rebutted, casting a watery spell that interrupted the swinging beast midway.

"Target spotted," Scootaloo grinned, "you know what to do!"

"Is that sssso?" Slimamander chuckled as his right head was the next to swing, Droplette once again launched a gush of water from her mouth to push back the other head with effective force.

"No way..." Scootaloo muttered under her breath, "has he found out?"

"If you think I follow such an easy boss pattern, then you're sorely mistaken. I can learn too!" Slimamander laughed as he shook and flailed all three heads to and fro.

"Hmm..." Scootaloo trotted back within her Yo-Kai and Pony bodies and quickly whispered a plan into their ears to avoid Slimamander's perception. Each Yo-Kai and Pony had got their advice and tactics, and were told that everypony will be doing the same. The entire group was about to find out, the slip up that will shake their minds into complete horror.

"And under no circumstances, are you allowed to interfere. Stick to your order at all costs. Got it?" Scootaloo finished.

"Yes Madam." The foals chorused,

"Alright then,"

"Okay,"

"Sure thing..."

"Very well!"

"I shall perform my task!"

"On the count of three, we begin. One..." The foals prepped themselves ready,

"Two..." The Yo-Kai finished their preparations, ready to act.

"Three!" Scootaloo pointed in command, the two foals charged with bloodcurling roars and bats raised high as they diverged towards the middle head. The Yo-Kai widened their eyes and mouths in horror at the sight of a large three-headed being like Slimamander, being approached by two very small foals.

"Wait! I thought you sai--"

"Don't break the order!" Scootaloo raised a hoof to halt,

"But--"

"DON'T!" Scootaloo growled, "you are to stand and observe Slimamander. First and Nate has theirs. I told you not to interfere, remember?"

"YOU'RE SENDING YOUR BEST PONY FRIENDS ALONE TO DIE!!!" Walkappa yelled, his voice echoing across the battlefield.

"Wait... Alone?" First skidded to a halt and looked around to see that he and Nate were the only ones charging. The others stood far behind, "Scoots! What is the meaning of this!?"

"Sweet Celestia Walkappa, why did you say that out loud?" Scootaloo sighed, "now they're not going according to plan."

"Scoots! What are you doing?" Nate cried,

"Stay focused on your task." The filly commanded, "don't come back here."

"But Scoots!" Nate called back as the filly turned her head away, "we need back up!"

"Well thisss isss interesssting..." Slimamander grinned as he smacked his lips, "so you've decided to ssssend me two tasty living ssssnacks I sssee... Then I ssshall accept!"

"SISTER!!!" First dropped his weapon and screamed for his life.

"Of course..." Scootaloo grinned as her back was still turned on her brother and best friend, swooped up by a head each and swallowed whole, their weapons left on the ground. "Of course I will."

"Ha ha ha..." Slimamander laughed, "so you decided to sacrifice your two friends for my sustenance. You do know that it will recover a lot of my strength right?"

"Oh really?" Scootaloo turned around, a ice cold demonic grin upon her face, "and what is it that you eat in order to sustain yourself? Pony flesh? Or just smoke?"

"What? I don't know what you are talki--Hng? Ack!" Slimamander choked and spluttered mid-sentence, and coughed out two clouds of thick gas. "Im-Impossible!" The three-headed serpent gasped for breath.

"Jokes on you slimebag! There's no way in Tartarus that I will let you eat up my brother and best friend!" Scootaloo taunted with another hoof point as the thick gas clouds leaped beside her, and materialised into First and Nate.

"You certainly didn't sound like you meant it when you gave us the plans, hoo hoo!" Elloo commented, appearing from behind Scootaloo.

"You said that you could turn anypony into mist and fog, which in turn can make them impervious to slippery surfaces. What's with the doubt?"

"It does, but when I found out what you were using it for, it dropped a lot of my confidence. I may be dead, but I'm still old, so please don't play with an elderly heart."

"You are a crazy one sis, you know that?" First growled,

"You owe me dinner!" Nate yelled,

"Cross my heart, and hope to fly, Stick a cupcake in my eye!" Scootaloo Pinkie Promised.

"No... NO!" Slimamander gasped in fear,

"I guess you know what that means..." Scootaloo sneered, "we've already gathered that your eye can only change spots after being exposed by yourself or others. This means the other heads that lack the eye has their mouths. This enables them to breathe fire as well as... Breathe in the air and eat!"

"Damn it all!"

"Even if you decided to fool the location by not breathing fire, your hunger for snacks gave it away! And I made sure everypony was aware of that, so they know what to strike!"

"Raaahhh!!!" Darumacho roared from above, his entire body diving straight toward the targeted eye and directly struck beast where it counts. Had it not been for Slimamander's slimy and tough skin, it would have become a rather bloody and horrific sight like before. This power was enough however, to break away the eyelids and reveal the eye of the beholder itself.

"Now a fourth time should do it!" Scootaloo replied, "but I want to show that I can fight too. May I borrow a bat First?"

"Sure thing dear sister," First replied, passing a Sandlot bat, "let's knock him down!"

"Let's go everypony!" Scootaloo yelled as she and the rest charged. Walkappa and Droplette summoned and unleashed a torrential roar of the powers of a waterfall combined with heavy hitting downpour to unleash a searing pain. Cadable sliced and diced to his with his own joy. Elloo casted a few ice spells himself, then it was finally the three foals and Venoct unleashing an all-out physical attack.

"Argh..." All of Slimamander's heads wobbled in confusion, concussions, headaches and eyesores. His one white eye now covered in red exhausted veins. "I wasss invincible... What have I done wrong..."

"Underestimating your opponent-s." Scootaloo smiled, "what part of 'teamwork' do you not understand? I'm also talking to you too Venoct."

"Hmph..." Venoct scowled, but for once, did not look away from Scootaloo's gaze.

"We've done it!" Whisper announced, "we've fixed the seal!"

"I had to do most of the work though." Jibanyan added, "heck, I'm the one that managed to say the correct words in order to fix it!"

"This... Is... NOT OVER!!!" Slimamander roared as he rallied himself for one final strike,

"Yes it IS!" Venoct retorted, as with a new move, he released a force from his scarf, unleashing various pulses of energy in the shape of dragons, biting each and every part of Slimamander's body, hell-bent on dragging him down.

"No... No!... NOOOOOOOO!!!" Slimamander roared as his entire body was quickly covered in cracks, a blue energy eager to escape from within. With a small glimpse of silence, Slimamander erupted into a million pieces from a blue light within.

"Ahh... The sound of victory." Scootaloo raised her hooves in delight, "well! I guess that does it!"

"Yes. Slimamander is now sealed back in the statue. I can feel his power weakening within."

"Thank Luna." First sighed, "I don't ever want to fight this thickhead ever again, if we have to pull something like this once more."

"Well... About that... There's something that I need to tell you." Venoct replied, "now that there are no more interruptions..."

"Well?" Scootaloo and the rest turned around to face their client,

"It is true." Venoct bowed his head in disappointment, "that I am unable to convince or recruit Yo-Kai to join my cause, no matter how noble it is. I may be rather... Forceful and dangerous, and not to mention where Ponies have been apathetic to Yo-Kai, so too do the Yo-Kai to Ponies. And especially during that battle, perhaps there is a small inkling that you... You may be right. That attaining Victory can be far less treacherous and risky, if forces cooperated together as... Friends."

"Okay then..." First smiled, "glad to see that we can work things out and that you understand."

"I'm not finished yet." Venoct sighed, "do not be discouraged when I say this, but the chances of facing Slimamander will we likely if somepony were to tamper with this seal once again. Like I said, he's sealed. Not completely vanquished."

"Oh..." First died down in disappointment, "I see..."

"You should know by now, that as Yo-Kai, we live for a long time, and we can't be defeated by regular means. Not to mention powerful Yo-Kai like Slimamander here are extremely difficult to completely exorcise, so it can be sealed away for now."

"Wait... So that means..." Scootaloo gasped, her eyes widening in shocking realisation and unyielding horror, "the other big Yo-Kai we fought... Sproink, Massiface... They're not completely gone right?"

"You fought well and defeated both with great strength." Venoct replied, "It will definitely keep them at bay, for a year give or take. Gone completely, I'm afraid that it is not possible."

"No..." First slunk even further to the ground, "then that means."

"The Press Conference. Our testimony, our answers regarding Massiface." Scootaloo dropped in painful defeat, "we lied, he's not gone for good. He's going to come back, they're all going to come back. These dreadful cases... They're not closed forever."

"So that means..." First thumped his head to the ground, "all we've done... We're going to have to keep doing it again... Forever... Springdale's plagued with this supernatural carnage for eternity... And we're never going to finish this job and go home..."

"No..." Scootaloo followed suit, with a loud scream for interest. "DAMMIT! DAMN IT ALL!!! WHY CELESTIA. WHY GIVE OUR FAMILY THIS NEVER-ENDING TASK. WHY DO YOU HATE US!?"

"Stop this shameful attitude at once!" Venoct roared, "Your Princess has no knowledge about us, she is not to blame! Whatever happened to the filly and foal I wanted to meet? Whatever happened to the brave Ponies who stood forward and befriended nearly every Yo-Kai known in the stories?"

"Scoots... First..." Nate placed a shoulder upon them. "Listen... Whoever said you had to do this alone?"

"Nate..." Scootaloo coughed through her sobbing,

"It is truly a great burden, to see your family take up this job." Whisper spoke out, "but just because there is no end to Yo-Kai shenanigans, does not mean this case can never be over. Is that right Venoct?"

"This is what I have proposed." Venoct replied, "our goal is to overthrow McKraken and by doing so will restore order. In that way, Yo-Kai won't be able to harass ponies so much, and all the giant malicious Yo-Kai that cause trouble can be sealed for eternity. In short, this will protect Ponykind in the long run."

"Sniff..." First continued sniffing and sobbing, but his ears are open to the caring and suggesting words of their allies.

"And you don't have to do it alone you two." Nate replied, "look around. You've made many Yo-Kai friends, and you've even introduced me to them! Creepy, cute, interesting, all these sorts of new Yo-Kai makes life not so... Average, not... Normal. And to be honest, I don't think they're easy to get rid off, because they're shaped by life itself! Of course, the giant Yo-Kai can cause problems to Ponykind, but those who've become your friend, multiple forces of nature and emotions, I'd say you're quite lucky to have something so powerful to be your friend. And do you remember what friends do? They stick to your side till the very end. I'm not sure if this was a quote or not but... Friendship between Ponies, Yo-Kai, or any other animal, it's... It's Magical."

"Friendship... Is Magic..." Scootaloo repeated, her sobbing beginning to fade,

"So many friends... Huh?" First also began to slow down on crying,

"No more tears now you two." Jibanyan comforted, "I've think you've done a pretty good job at what you've achieved. You've saved the town about two to three times, risking your life while your at it. Befriending all sorts of Yo-Kai, cheering ghosts up when they're at their worst. We didn't give our medals, our signs of trust and friendship, to you for no reason. It's your kindness, generosity, laughter, loyalty, honesty that we respect and acknowledge, and so we also do unto you. I'm sure your brother and friends from Equestria and Springdale would agree too. If you can achieve so many things with Yo-Kai, you can achieve the impossible!"

"Huh... Friends..." Scootaloo ceased sobbing as she stood up,

"That's right..." First also stood up, wiping away his tearful face. "We can do more with friends..."

"I feel the need to ask you once more." Venoct replied, "this time, in absolute confidence. Do you still wish to join the Resistance of Enma with me? To fight McKraken together?"

"Venoct, we've been through thick and thin." First answered back, "a few giant Yo-Kai, a giant snowstorm, a big trial, not once had our lives been put on risk, but two to three, maybe even more times to come. We'll take the risk that we'll end up like you. No offence."

"Our family would scold us if we had said no!" Scootaloo finished, "we've done so much and come so far like you and I have said. Sure, the emotions can get to us. There are times where we feel bleak and dark. But we've got you guys, and we've got everypony else. I've been told, if things go wrong, we've got to give our biggest smiles. Right?"

"And so," the siblings spoke in unison. "We'll join you. For the peace of both worlds."

"Understood. Welcome to the Resistance of Enma." Venoct bowed with the deepest and highest respect, "and... Thank you, for caring for Yo-Kai. There is one thing that I wish to give to you."

"Welcome gift? Sounds generous!"

"I've been fighting alone for so long, I have learnt along in the battles together. I wish... I want to learn more. About friendship, about teamwork, about what it means to have friends." Venoct knelt before them, holding out the object that the siblings had least expected to see.

"Venoct..." Scootaloo smiled after a brief moment of shock, "Sure, let's learn about friendship and strengthen these bonds between the living and the dead. I thank you for trusting us. Let's be good friends."

"No way...!" First fidgeted with joy as his sister placed the shiny metal medal of Venoct into his medallium. "We're friends with the Serpent Warrior! I can't believe it!"

"Unfortunately," Venoct sighed, "I'm afraid the Watch isn't powerful enough to summon me to your side yet. However, you are still on the path to achieving that power..."

"Hey everypony!" An old pony healthily hobbled over to the school grounds, "how have you been?"

"Mr Goodsight!" First greeted,

"Yep! And I come bearing gifts for the brave ponies!"

"Mr Goodsight." Scootaloo asked, "do you know about the Resistance of Enma?"

"Yep. And I was initially going to join too. I was just fearing for Venoct's safety, but now that you've came along, I'm happy to join the cause now!"

"Tell you what," Whisper replied, "because I'm your butler, I'm happy to join the cause too! For both Ponies and Yo-Kai!"

"Listen you two, ever since you've gotten your hooves upon the Watch, I had a hunch that I'll be seeing more of you lately. Turns out you're going the extra mile to protecting and fighting against yet for us. You've got lots of spunk, and I'm glad to have met somepony like you in my never-ending life."

"Why thanks Mr Goodsight." First replied, "and thanks for helping us upgrade the Watch to help us see and understand more Yo-Kai."

"Yep, and speaking of which, Watch please. I'm going to upgrade it once again!"

"Sure." Scootaloo smiled, handing the Watch over,

"You know." Nate replied as the Yo-Kai clockmaker began tinkering away. "I think you should tell your big brother about this cause. I know you're trying to keep it secret, but I think your family members need to know the whole thing."

"Scoots?" First turned to his sister.

"Of course!" Scootaloo nodded, "but not 'me'. 'We' are going to tell him the whole thing. Tonight."

"But I've got to go home you know. Dinner and Homework?"

"I owe you dinner, remember? We'll talk to Flash and your parents about this! Know any good place to fill us up after a long fight?"

"How about the Ramen store?" Nate suggested, "soup and noodles are both nourishing, tasty and filling!"

"Sounds tasty! Meet you there tonight? On us!" First asked,

"Sure thing." Nate smiled, happy that he was feeling very involved and not mocked.

"One more thing." Venoct added, "the Resistance of Enma has two missions to achieve in order for our cause to be victorious. One is to recruit powerful Yo-Kai onto our side."

"That shouldn't be a problem," First replied, "but I think our current friends can hold all of their weight. Right guys?" The multiple cheers of confidence returned as a determined answer of agreement.

"And second. You may not have known, but Lord Enma has a son, and he was hidden from the clutches of McKraken out of fear that he may end up taking his life."

"A son? So that means--" Nate gasped,

"Yes." Venoct interrupted, "if the son comes back to the throne, the Yo-Kai race will regain their faith to their Lord and King, and thus will be able to carry out order. He is important, in order to regain the throne, as well as to allow access to the Yo-Kai World."

"The Yo-Kai World? You mean the place that you live in is nearby?" Scootaloo gasped with great interest.

"Right under your noses." Venoct replied, tapping his nose. "The Son of Lord Enma has the key necessary in doing that. By that, I mean taking ponies to the Yo-Kai World."

"Oh that is awesome!" First jumped with joy, "we get to visit the Yo-Kai World!"

"Where is he by the way?" Nate asked,

"We hid him within the Pony World, and removed his memories of ever being the son of the Lord of all Yo-Kai. As such, he is living life like a normal pony would. Problem is, McKraken knows that too, and he's desperately trying to get his tentacles on him. I fear he has more information than I do now."

"Any hints?" Scootaloo asked,

"A small one. He is currently in the Pony age of a Young Foal. Now that I look at you, he would be about your age by now." Venoct answered,

"Hmm... Our age huh? Looks like a true mystery is about to begin then." Scootaloo smiled,

"I thank you once again brave foals." Venoct bowed, "Scootaloo, First, and Nate. I thank you for supporting me in the civil war that is to come. I am sorry that we have to fight, but I'm happy that you've come to care for us. I'll continue to watch over the three of you now. So that you won't be harmed by any White Yo-Kai."

"Till we meet again?" Scootaloo saluted,

"Till we meet again." Venoct nodded,


As Luna's night rose over Springdale once again, Flower Road was bustling with groups of Ponies determined to eat out or finish up some late-night shopping. In the ever peaceful North Wind Ramen shop, a grown Pony was silently slurping up his Vegetable Ramen while listening to three foals explaining everything to him.

"Perhaps you want to tell me after you've finished?" Flash suggested, "you've barely touched your food. And this is certainly good stuff!"

"Well, I feel like we need to tell you something important that hunger is pushed aside." Scootaloo replied,

"It's about the supernatural case I assume?"

"Yep," First replied, "there's a lot more to the supernatural than you might think. So you may want to stop eating and listen very attentively for a while."

"I'm listening." Flash nodded as he slurped and gulped down the noodles sticking out of his mouth.

"These things... They aren't limited to causing disappearances and freak snowstorms. They pretty much cause... Everything."

"Everything?"

"Whether you're happy, sad, lazy, angry, hungry, any emotion, any behaviour, any out-of-ordinary action, Yo-Kai is why." First finished,

"Then how do you know so much about them?" Flash asked, "I've only heard few in folklore stories. One like the Snow Woman. I have never heard of such spirits causing emotions."

"That's because we... We can see them."

"See ghosts? That's... Preposterous, but... I know that you've been involving yourself in such things and pulling through. So it's not impossible in a way. But how?"

"You remember this?" Scootaloo presented the Regal Orange Yo-Kai Watch to her older brother.

"That's right, you claimed you bought it with your Pocket Money. It looks in very good form too. You have been using it well. I salute thee for great use of its functions." Flash complimented,

"Thanks, but it does more than just tell the time." First replied, "this watch, can enable us to see those spirits and ghosts."

"..." Flash's eyes widened and mouth straightened out to combine a look of great seriousness.

"This is called the Yo-Kai Watch." Nate introduced, "and don't freak out, but it can also summon them to our side too, if they give us their medal."

"A medal?"

"This," Scootaloo presented the medal of Jibanyan to Flash. The big brother looked at it from head to toe, flipping it around to admire the mosaic-like image of the two-tailed cat, as well as the pink charming symbol behind it.

"For a ghost or spirit to be at your beck and call. Is this some sort of oath of devotion and loyalty to you?"

"Not that far, but you are right." Scootaloo answered, "these medals are a symbol of trust and friendship between the Yo-Kai and us. It's like Princess Twilight being friends with the ladies of Ponyville and Discord."

"Friends. With ghosts that can control almost every aspect in this entire universe and its rules." Flash rephrased, "If that is possible, then you can influence these ghosts to change and shape the universe's rules and atmosphere to your desire. Such power is greater than the Princesses combined."

"Yeah, we thought about that when we first heard of the Watch and how we can befriend Yo-Kai. Pretty cool don't you think?" First chuckled,

"Not a laughing matter. That power is dangerous to boot, if it falls into the wrong hooves." Flash added, "so I'm happy and grateful that it fell into yours. Just don't go play Princesses. Okay?"

"Okay." Scootaloo replied,

"One question though. How long has this been going, and how many have you befriended so far?"

"We started this a day after we arrived in Springdale all the way till today, so it is about a month. As of total Yo-Kai, Fifty-Eight to count, each with a unique ability to control and inspirit something. Happiness, Depression, Invisible Blockades, Electrical currents, great macho strength, The Snow Woman too. We also recently got an upgrade so now we can call a Butterfly that can invigorate others to have the best feeling, and a robotic version of that cat."

"58..." Flash repeated, his entire mouth rendered speechless after that. "58 Yo-Kai. How many of them are there in total?"

"More than 100."

"You've..." Flash started, "you've really come a long way. A VERY long way."

"Well, you know it's not just befriending Yo-Kai. We've also had the job to clear out the Hot Springs, the Building, the Snowstorm, not to mention the trials."

"Trials?"

"The two of us had a trial reflecting on our pasts. It was life-threatening, but we managed to pull through and recover. We've cured our uh... Bad memories of those times, and learnt a lot."

"Hmm... And what have you learnt?"

"How important friendship is. When every friend came to support us all, speaking their minds. Our loved ones here, in Equestria, and especially those who have passed..."

"No..." Flash started, his eyes widened in disbelief, "don't tell me..."

"I know it sounds impossible Flash, but yes. Mom... And Dad... They talked to us..."

"But..."

"Their memories." First explained, "before they died. What they wanted of us before they left... Make friends, stay together, keep you in check for your stubbornness..."

"Me? Stubborn?" Flash growled, "heh, that's a compliment I haven't heard in a long time..."

"Flash..."

"My turn to speak now." Flash replied, his mind clouded with endless decisions, choices, and questions, "all that you've done, all that you've achieved, what you're doing. This is really dangerous, deadly, life-threatening, world-breaking. The fact that such entities like this live casual lives like us, it's surprising that with such existence, that we aren't taking any drastic measure about it."

"Well we should... Because there are malicious ones that plan to terrorise and conquer Springdale and more, for revenge against Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon."

"Well, I can tell that you've been very busy and keeping a very close eye on it. That's very admirable. I doubt the Princesses would believe of such existence, since it is a Neighponese thing and it's something that they can't see... But I'll try to convince them."

"So you do believe us, right? Everything we've stated?"

"I do. I have from the very beginning that you mentioned it to me during the court case." Flash nodded, "and even more so right now. Telling me the whole story is important rather than telling it later or not at all. My sanity and life would be shattered if I found out that the three of you had died from unknown causes. Your murders would be the last thing I would want to be a cold case. But all of you survived, and that's what really shows me on how much you've grown in physical and mental prowess, even you Nate. Such determination to stay on this path inspires me: Your older brother, and the Royal Guard's Lieutenant, Second in Command."

"I am honoured to hear such praise." Nate thanked,

"By the way. If you told me that you can make friends with them, as well as the fact that there is going to be an invasion, is there going to be some kind of resistance?"

"Yeah." Scootaloo replied, "a spirit named Venoct. The Serpent Warrior. He's the one leading the Resistance for his late ruler, Lord Enma. This Enma had the idea, vision, and goal to unify Pony and Yo-Kai together. Venoct plains to preserve that goal by preventing harm to the Ponies. He wants to strike and overthrow the malicious leader, and restore order to all Yo-Kai, so they won't harass us so much."

"If only the Ponies can acknowledge such kindness, we would make good friends and relations with the dead." Flash shared,

"Problem is, he's the only one." First sighed, "he's a Yo-Kai driven by vengeance, and is strong in strength, but not in the idea of numbers."

"A lone wolf..." Flash closed his eyes in furrowed and deep thought. "I've seen lots of them in my life, myself included... What was his justification?"

"Loss of family and friends." Scootaloo answered, "a bigger loss than us."

"But still painful regardless." Flash looked to the skies, "but knowing you three... I'm sure you have changed his mind. Right?"

"Here's your answer." First replied, sliding Venoct's medal to Flash's range,

"Interesting..." Flash examined, looking at the slippery medal back to front. "Though alone, I'm sure he has some plan to figure this out?"

"Aside from finding and befriending more powerful Yo-Kai, we also need to find Lord Enma's son. Who's hiding among Springdale as a Pony. Our age I believe."

"That should narrow it down a bit." Flash replied, "perhaps I can help assist you in finding them."

"Thanks, we'd appreciate it."

"One thing though," Flash answered, "are you aware that by doing this, that you will be involving yourself in a war? The cause of our father's and mother's death? I won't guarantee that you two will come out safe either."

"Nopony will be safe if we said no. Plus, we can't ignore the problems of another race, especially when we've made friends with them. It's a dangerous job, but Venoct needs the help he can get." Scootaloo answered,

"I see... In that case, very well. I can't say I'm happy that you decided to involve yourselves in the affairs of other parties, but I'd be even less happy if you didn't. Especially when the safety of Ponykind hangs in the balance."

"Knew you'd agree." A smile appeared on Scootaloo's face, "it's family tradition after all."

"By the way... Now that I think about spirits and ghosts of the dead... The court case... This Massiface guy... He can come back, can he?"

"Yeah... A year or so I believe..."

"Then it's all the more to fight this war. With that, it can restore peace to not only Ponies, but Yo-Kai too." Flash replied, "and Venoct's plan... I like it. Dangerous but quick and swift."

"Hey Flash. We actually have two spirits that are living with us ever since we came here. They're right here too. Would you like to see them with the watch?" First asked,

"Hmm... I'm afraid I'll have to pass." Flash refused, "Personally, I don't think I'm ready to see them myself. But I'll definitely acknowledge their presence."

"So Flash... Now that we've discussed everything." First asked, "are you okay with all this?"

"I... You no longer need to ask me for my permission to do such things. The three of you are old enough to make your own choices and decisions." Flash replied, "I'm sure Mom and Dad would say the same thing if they were here. The best I can do as an older brother is to support you in this cause. That which I will do."

"Thanks Flash." Scootaloo galloped over and embraced him fully, "thank you so much my Dear Older Brother."

"Thank you too Flash." First did the same, "this is the best activity and discussion we had as siblings."

"Nate, you can join along if you want." Flash offered, "you're considered family too."

"Sure." Nate replied, hugging the entire group, "I owe the siblings a lot. I'm happy that I'm considered to be family with you."

"Listen you three. Be strong, be brave, be friendly to all Yo-Kai. And most of all, be caring." Flash reminded,

"We will." The three replied,

"There is one thing you can do." Flash replied, "This Venoct. I wish to see him face-to-face one day. So send him my regards and respect. And promise him that he'll take care of you three. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Glad that's settled. Now please let go. Let's finish our Ramen dishes please. I'm still hungry..."

"Hey Nate, First. Can you hear me?" Scootaloo whispered,

"Yeah." Nate and First replied,

"This is going to be tough. But after so much things. We've been through a lot. It speaks for itself that we're not going to give up. You ready to dive into another layer of mystery?"

"Born ready." First grinned,

"Let's do this!" Nate nodded,

"Whisper, you any good with Quill and Parchment like with Technology?" Scootaloo called,

"I'll try!"

"Then Whisper," Scootaloo ordered, "take a note please. To the Princess of Friendship."

Author's Note:

From here on out: There will only be two-mini stories this time, then the next full story chapter.

And have a Lovely and Merry Christmas Everyone. I hope you have a Happy New Year with great resolutions!