• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,486 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,486

Chapter 6: The Mystery of Ms Frost

Down in the depths of an unknown world...

"Who enters the gate!?"

"Oh Great Chairman... I am here to discuss some news if you so wish it."

"Speak adviser..."

"I believe matters have taken a turn against our favour." The adviser spoke, "attacks from the resistance of Enma are becoming more frequent, and many of our troop numbers and followers are beginning to decrease. Our scouts report its leader doing most of the dirty work."

"The wretched snake!" The Chairman slammed his fist, "he may be powerful and loyal but he can't hold off our entire army forever, and especially if I come to fight him personally!"

"Do you wish to take him down now?"

"That can wait for later though, he'll be cornered once I take over the Pony World."

"I'm afraid that progress is also in a bind."

"I know that! Losing Massiface is the last thing I want to hear from you again!"

"Sir, the ones responsible for Massiface's fall, we've been keeping tabs on them with a lot of discretion."

"And why's that?"

"Two outcomes will happen when our scouters are caught during observation. The Resistance Leader will unleash his serpent fury, or the 'Guardian' will throw an endless sea of flames. Our Yo-Kai are obliterated either way."

"Well, what did the surviving scouts get!?"

"I'm sure you know by now, that those responsible are ponies that seem to know the existence of our kind, thanks to THAT. Using THAT, they have managed to keep a lid upon any Yo-Kai that seems to wreak havoc on their own accord. Since Massiface, many of the Yo-Kai are beginning to be mindful of their conduct when those mentioned ponies are around, and that has led to less chaos within the world. If this continues, may lose the window of a surprise attack."

"... I did not want you to come here with bad news and putrid words. You'd better squive me something good, or you'll regret it!"

"In that case sir, I'm sure that we have our sightings on the 'key'."

"Is that so? Please enlighten me."

"A pony in the early stages of his life. He acts without any proper knowledge about our kind. Should we nab him, then we can make sure that you can fully ascend the throne without any obstacles."

"Yes..." The Chairman grinned, "yes... Looks like it's time to get serious..."

"I assume that your power and influence are able to stretch through both worlds?"

"Of course! I have many followers to dispense on my command, and I'll make sure that they will crush the resistance directly! As for the Pony World... I have a few Yo-Kai wrapped around my tentacles. I've made sure those freeloaders are well rewarded as long as they make the Ponies suffer. As for those who decline my offers, well... They can't do that now, can we?"

"Of course. Your power drives them insane, and under your will?"

"These ponies think they won't have to suffer. I'll make sure they regret it by throwing at them the worst of the worst."

"I assume that you are going to use her?"

"The poor lass thinks that she can escape me, but I'll twist her mind and make sure that she's the cold-blooded psycho that keeps the entire Pony population at bay. Any chance of messing with her, and it's a new addition to the Yo-Kai World!"

"I see... And how long will this be?"

"Let's see them handle things for a week. Near the end of the period, we can tackle the biggest of our problems! We'll retrieve the key, take out the resistance, and I'll see to that personally too. Keeping it like that for a week will push the lass to the limits, but who cares? She's done her job anyway: She's nothing but a ruthless killer. If something goes wrong, then we can send more of our devotees to harass the Ponies! Getting them into the Pony world is no skin off my back."

"I understand." The adviser bowed, "and what of the two ponies that know of our existence? For your information, those ponies are in the same stage of life as the key..."

"Well, it's their fault for interacting with us with that blasted watch, and it's too late for them to turn back now... They can be lumped in to deal with the snow witch."

"I understand..."

"They'll think twice before dealing with her... By the time this plan passes without fail... Their souls will be extinguished!"


Deep in focus, First concentrated his movements as he swayed from side to side, clapping his hooves and slowly spinning around in a form of a slow spiritual dance performed by traditional Neighponese dancers.

"Hey! Not bad for a foreigner!" Komasan complimented as he assessed the foal's moves.

"It's a slow dance considering what I had to go through back home. So it's definitely a nice change!" First gave his thoughts,

"Us folks call this dance the Bon-Odori!" Komajiro explained, "It's a dance to call upon the spirits!"

"Is that so? How... Interesting, considering that you're spirits teaching a dance of the spirits."

"Hey First!" Scootaloo slammed open the front door, "and hello to you too Koma brothers! City life treating you well?"

"Ah'm gettin' used to it!" Komasan replied, "The toy company's goin jus' great!"

"Oh! You mean Dandai right?" First asked, "They've been stacking the toy shelves with the latest ideas of their products!"

"It's a rocky business..."

"Anyway sis, where are you going?"

"Timers & More. I feel like it's time to get the watch upgraded."

"Wanting to find stronger Yo-Kai?"

"I'm not so sure about that. We've faced powerful Yo-Kai like Massiface and Statiking and whatnot. Rather than just find powerful Yo-Kai as well as find those responsible for Flash's job, I don't know... Despite them irritating our everyday lives, I can't help but feel that they got problems of their own. I want to help them live a, you know, a happy life for as long as they live, which would be longer than us since they're Yo-Kai."

"I see..."

"It doesn't matter whether they are Yo-Kai that has immeasurable strength, a wealth of knowledge, or things that could prove very useful to us. I want to find more Yo-Kai, so we can befriend them genuinely, and make sure that they have a good time living in the Pony World. That's my decision on upgrading the Watch."

"Who are you, and what have you done with my Older Sister?"

"First!" Scootaloo replied, feeling offended.

"Just kidding. Those types of words are exactly who my Older Sister is. I just finished dancing with the brothers, so I'll join you!"

"Feel free to call us if ya want another dance First! And you can join us too Scoots!" Komajiro spoke, "see y'all next time!"

"Bye!!!" The Siblings waved as the Koma brothers hopped over the fence and made their way home.

"Shall we go now?" First asked,

"Let's get Whisper and Jibanyan." Scootaloo answered, "then we go."


Within the clock shop, the old Clock maker was casually discussing matters with a customer, as the siblings strolled in with bags of candy from Granny Edna's Sweet Shop, as well as the Scooter, parked near the door.

"Hello Mr Goodsight!"

"Oh!" The two ponies jumped,

"Oh I'm sorry." First apologsied, "we're you still in the middle of a job?"

"Oh no." The customer replied with soft and gentle voice, "not at all. We were just casually speaking as friends."

"Wow..." Whisper whistled as he looked at the fair customer, dressed in oriental Neighponese garments depicting light blue and white. It was an earth pony with a calm coat color of light blue and white, the very same colours of her garments. Her mane of brown consists of a mane bun, and was arranged in a way on the right side, had soft, triangle-end strands, with the left side flowing down like water from a fountain. Finally her eyes were of a deep blue iris, and a small white pupil within the middle. "She's very beautiful!"

"W-Wow!" Scootaloo's eyes widened at the mare before them, "you're very beautiful!"

"Why thank you dear." The mare smiled, "I was unsure if I did my hair, or put on my makeup right for today, but thanks for the compliment!"

"It's good to see you again young 'uns. How have you been? And what can I do for you?"

"We've been fine Mr Goodsight. We just thought we'd stop by for an upgrade of our watch."

"Is that so?" Mr Goodsight spoke, "well, let's see how it's doing!"

"Here you go sir!" Scootaloo complied, placing the watch on the counter.

"My!" Mr Goodsight held the watch, inspecting it from top to bottom. "You've been taking good care of this! You've been using this very frequently I presume?"

"I sure have been, I've been relying on it ever since!"

"Hmm..." Mr Goodsight peered at the watch, then at the siblings. "I can definitely give this watch the next upgrade. But..."

"Oh, we'll pay you if need be." First interrupted,

"Oh no no! Money isn't the issue here, not at all! I just want to see if you're... Ready for the upgrade."

"Do you need another job that needs done?" First asked, "and please something that doesn't involve hot water again..."

"Well, I wouldn't say exactly me, but this fair mare does!" Mr Goodsight pointed to the blue mare.

"Oh! Is that so? Nice to meet you uh..."

"You may call me Ms Frost." The mare greeted, "I'm the owner of Frostia's Place in Downtown Springdale. Have you been there before?"

"Is it that bar that was open at night? Behind the building under construction?" First asked,

"Correct." Ms Frost nodded with another smile, "it seems you know your places well."

"Th-Thank you." First scratched his head in embarrassment. "For the compliment."

"What is it that you need our help for?" Scootaloo continued,

"I am looking for a certain medical herb that can help alleviate your mental reserves. Mr Goodsight is very knowledgeable about herbs, and told me that plenty of them grow near Catfish Pond in Mt Wildwood."

"You can't buy them in stores?" First asked,

"Not as of now." Mr Goodsight replied, "There's going to be a medicine store that will open down the road in the months to come. So I had to do most of the herb gathering and researching myself."

"Is it a hobby that you do?" Scootaloo replied,

"Naw. Even I need some whenever I have medical problems, physically or mentally. You know, since age is catching up with me and all."

"I see..."

"So then," First asked, "do you want us to get some for you Ms Frost?"

"That would be lovely." Ms Frost answered,

"If you can do that," Mr Goodsight informed, "I'll be happy to upgrade your watch without any other strings!"

"Sure! We'll do it!" The siblings agreed,

"Aww..." Ms Frost blushed, "you two are so cute together. Are you perhaps siblings?"

"Yeah! I'm Scootaloo, the older one here."

"And I'm First Base! The younger one here!"

"We'll be back!" The siblings replied in unison as Scootaloo grabbed her scooter and waved goodbye as they exited the front door.

"My my! They're even more adorable when in unison!" Ms Frost giggled,

"I'm pretty sure that it was just luck." Mr Goodsight laughed, "And I'm quite surprised that they immediately took the job. I'll assume that they know what the actual herb looks like. I bet they'll be back, heh heh..."

"In that case, I'll be heading off now."

"You sure you don't want to wait? I've got refreshments!"

"No don't worry! I'll know when they come back." Ms Frost chuckled as she strolled out the door.


"Hey Scoots!" First yelled over the wind speeding through their faces, "that's the first time I've heard you complement somepony on how beautiful she is!"

"You can blame Whisper for that!" Scootaloo yelled back, "of all Yo-Kai, I would expect him not to flirt straight away!"

"It's a compliment!" Whisper followed behind, "and I mean it! She really is pretty!!! Those eyes, clothes, mane, colour!!!"

"Ugh... That's disgyusting." Jibanyan choked, "too bad she's a pony."

"Oh be quiet you!!!"

"In that case, what do YOU think about her Scoots?" First asked,

"Well..." Scootaloo gave it some thought, "I won't deny that she's got some charm. And that smile too! It's so sweet!"

"Yeah..." First added, "I mean, is it me? Or do I feel a pleasant air around her?"

"I can feel it too!" Scootaloo replied, "the perfect temperature of cold. Hmm..."

"Maybe we should visit Frostia's Place one day." First suggested, "I heard that she serves the finest of snacks!"

"Oh!" Whisper gasped, "then you'd better invite me along too!"

"Well..." Scootaloo shrugged, "feel free to come. I mean, nopony can see you!" This group laughed as they sped through the Springdale roads and pavements, heading north to the direction of Mt Wildwood.


Arriving at the base, the group got off the scooter and decided to walk up the staircase manually. Approaching the Wildwood Shrine, the group stopped for a moment to bring back some memories.

"Hey," Scootaloo asked, as she stared at the wooden archway gate leading into the giant tree, the place where Whisper and the siblings first met, "you think that capsule machine is still there?"

"It is," Whisper nodded, "It's known as the Crank-a-kai!"

"The Crank-a-kai eh?" First replied, "interesting name, but fits the ghostly theme."

"Do you think... Like how we found you... That we can...?" Scootaloo suggested,

"You can!" Whisper nodded, "and what's more, there are powerful Yo-Kai sealed in there that are one of a kind! Or so the rumours say..."

"Really? It sounds very interesting... Can you explain further?"

"Comes with an interesting story. Eight Yo-Kai were known for their fearsome power, and have different alignments of morality! Some wanted order, some were neutral, and others were chaotic. Regardless of their intentions, they caused havoc with the powers they acquired. It was so bad that an Oni was tasked to stop them!"

"Oni? You mean Suspicioni and Tantroni-wise, or Gargaros wise?" Scootaloo asked,

"Latter."

"Wow!"

"This Oni tried to tame the eight with might of his own, and succeeded without any effort. However it seems that this Oni became crazed along the way, and ended up decimating everything and everypony, a billion times worse than the 8! Tasked to protect the peace, he ended up destroying it!"

"Crazy!"

"And for once, the 8 had decided put their differences aside, and face a common enemy, whether it's revenge, protection and yada yada. It was an arduous rematch, but it was one where the 8 Yo-Kai became victorious!"

"Good on them!"

"In the end, they sealed the Oni into someplace unknown, and nopony was able to find that location."

"Where could it be?"

"Anything with a seal!" Whisper replied, "and it could be any object or pony in the world!"

"What happened to the 8 Yo-Kai?"

"They decided to go their separate ways, or return to their old habits. Either way, their actions had inspired some ponies to take up spiritual arms, and ended up sealed away for eternity."

"Then uh... How do you know that they are in the Crank-a-Kai?"

"They we're sealed away long before I was, it's a story in Neighpon. How they got here to Equestria though, I have no idea."

"I bet the 8 Yo-Kai would make great friends, don't you think so Scoots?" First asked,

"Breaking their seal won't be enough." Whisper warned, "You'd better give a good reason why they should be your friend, lest they silence you for knowing their existence, or worse!"

"I can't think of anything else worse than losing your life..." Scootaloo gulped,

"A Beetle-Lord/God of War, A white kitsune of ice, A Robotic Spirit of Gold, A Demonic Princess of the Netherworld, A Goddess-like spirit that loves all, A devilish imp responsible for toothache, An immortal beauty, and the Dark Shadow of the Serpent Warrior. Still interested in being friends with the 8?" Whisper described,

"Uhh... Maybe not..." First shuddered,

"Then let's get finished with the job!" Whisper replied, "you wouldn't want to keep the lovely Ms Frost waiting!"


Going to the left of the temple and heading further up the mountain, the large Catfish Pond was revealed to the party's eyes. The pond was large that was rife and packed with many species of fish within the slightly murky waters.

"This feels very peaceful!" Scootaloo noted as she touched the water. The fish schools desperately broke apart sporadic directions as the touch of the water caused a disturbing ripple in the peaceful water. "I'd like to fish here one day..."

"Perhaps some other time," First replied, "and if we get fishing poles. Do you know where the herbs are exactly located?"

"Hmm... Now that you mention it, I don't think we received any information about the herb..." Scootaloo gulped, "looks like we dun goofed! Oops!"

"Should we go back and ask about it?" First asked,

"Actually, why don't we ask the Yo-Kai that live around here? We could probably get a lot of useful information!"

"Well I certainly didn't think about that, good idea!" First replied,

"Then let's start searching!" Scootaloo replied as she pulled out the Watch and scanned the pond and its surroundings. "Hmm... I don't seem to sense anypony around the pond."

"Then let's go up the stream!" First suggested, "perhaps there are Yo-Kai that are close to the pond's source!"

Taking the suggestion to mind, the siblings followed the path of the stream to make their way towards the summit source. With every step, the light of the Yo-Kai Watch flickered through every possible areas in trees, the stream, the rocks, the grass, but nothing has ever turned up. Whisper also tried his best searching around, for Yo-Kai he could spot and give the information to, but he wasn't having much luck either.

"Perhaps everypony here must have gone for a vacation or something..." Whisper sighed,

"Not surprised, since Yo-Kai like you and Jibbers lead very free-spirited lives that aren't what Ponies would expect from spirits..."

"Please, we have lives too you know." Whisper rasped,

"Won't argue with that." Scootaloo answered.

A few seconds later of trotting and searching, a firm aura tickled Scootaloo's senses as she froze solid in place.

"Stop." Scootaloo spoke to the other two.

"What's going on?" First asked,

"Do you feel it?"

"I don't feel anything..." First replied, checking to see if anything touched him.

"This power, it feels like a mountain..." Scootaloo described as she focused,

"I can't feel anything sis, are you telling me there's a Yo-Kai around here?"

"Yeah." Scootaloo scanned her watch at a certain area with smooth rock. "Right... There!" Scootaloo uncovered a mountain-bodied bipedal figure of red and black, with sturdy orange arms and legs, a yellow rope and dark green loincloth, and a very tough and intimidating face.

"Hey! It's a mountain-like Yo-Kai!" Scootaloo gasped, "no wonder why I felt a solid aura before."

"Close!" The Yo-Kai overheard as he stomped on one foot like a sumo. "You are correct that I am a mountain like Yo-Kai, but I am also a sumo wrestler that has the fury of a volcano!" He stomped on his other, "the name's Lava Lord! And I commend you for feeling my power! I've put a lot of work to it from training."

"Woah..." First gasped, "you can feel their presence before even using the Yo-Kai Watch?"

"Thank you very much Lava Lord." Scootaloo bowed in respect, "and yes, it's a powerful aura indeed. Enough for me to feel its presence."

"What can I do you young foals for?" Lava Lord crossed his hands,

"We're just looking for some Refreshing Herbs for somepony, do you know where they are?"

"Of course I do! They're right here!" Lava Lord presented a patch of grass growing some fresh-looking herb leaves, glistening with beads of water in the sun, "the finest of the finest! Every sumo needs their mental reserves clean and prepared for any upcoming battle! Now did you say you need some?"

"Enough to alleviate the stress for a pony?"

"Then one herb will do just fine for your pony in concern! I've grown plenty of them here."

"Thanks Lava Lord!" First thanked,

"Woah woah! Hold your horses!" Lava Lord held his hands in a stop gesture, "when did I say I'm happy to give one to you?"

"But... I thought you said you knew we need some."

"I did, and let me rephrase my comment. I am happy to give one to you, but under one condition."

"Let me guess... A sumo match?"

"Correct!" Lava Lord stomped on his left foot again, and with magic, a sumo ring was formed on the smooth surface of the rock path. "Throw me down or out in the ring of honour, and it's yours!"

"C-Can we call our Yo-Kai friends?" First asked,

"Why not? Go ahead!"

"Right then." Scootaloo nodded, pulling out Jibanyan's medal, "Come on out my friend! Calling Jibanyan! Yo-Kai Medal, Do your thing!!!"

"Summoning Charming!"

"Jibanyan!" Jibanyan posed after the watch had played the charming tune and jingle, emitted the pink charming light, and spat out Jibanyan, along with a box of Chocobars.

"Jibbers!" First slapped his head, "for the last time! Stop stealing our Chocobars!!!"

"B-But First, you kyaow me! I could never put down a Chocobar!"

"If you keep eating Chocobars, you'll become fat, and you'll never be able to defeat a truck like that."

"Oh... Really?" Jibanyan gulped,

"So yeah, we've got an exercise planned for you, if you want."

"Okay! Show me!"

"Him." First pointed to Lava Lord, "can you face him in a sumo match?"

"Oh yes I can!"

"So you wish to be my opponent?" Lava Lord asked as Jibanyan entered the ring, "let's see what you can do, young cat."

"I'll knock you to the ground instantly!" Jibanyan taunted as he delivered his signature move, "Paws of Fury!"

"Hmph!" Lava Lord held his ground and crossed his arms in defence, as the two-tailed cat rapidly punched through, hoping to break his defences. "Not powerful enough! Can you do more?"

"I'm not done yet!" Jibanyan punched even harder, his face beginning to sweat.

"So this is the extent of your power." Lava Lord sighed, "I'm quite disappointed. Let me finish this." And with a quick movement, the volcanic sumo grabbed Jibanyan, and slammed him to the ground.

"Holy-!" First stepped back in surprise and fear,

"Not even!" Scootaloo did the same,

"You see," Lava Lord nobly presented, "I am a formidable opponent, strong like a mountain, and fierce as an eruption. I cannot be toppled so easily young ones. Perhaps you wish to try me on for size?"

"Uhh..." The siblings clutched and hugged each other in fear,

"It's okay, its okay." Lava Lord humbly spoke, "in fact, I rarely have any losses in my spiritual lifetime. Oh how I wish to see my rival again, his power equals mine, and whenever I see him, I boil and explode with fiery excitement! Ready to test his mettle once more!"

"D-Do you know where your rival is?" Scootaloo trembled,

"Last I heard, he found a cavern where he could reside in and rest for a while. I haven't seen him since then though..." Lava Lord answered, "do try and come back. If you wish to help somepony in need, then that resolve should be enough to best me!"

"W-We'll come back later!" First replied as he, Scootaloo and Whisper galloped off.

"Celestia!" Scootaloo spoke, "who knew that he was so strong!?"

"I-I don't see how we can fight him..." First gulped, "out of all the Yo-Kai we have, I don't think anypony could go against him!"

"Noway? Blowkade? Ledballoon?"

"I-I think that's not the point here..." First replied, "we're just relying on your friends. I think this is something that we have to do!"

"'We'?" Scootaloo repeated, "so you want to fight him?"

"I don't know how to sumo, and I'm really afraid of facing him since what he did to our poor cat." First patted the wounded Jibanyan on his head, "but it's the only way... And if I ever want to beat him..."

"We're going to have to learn sumo. Right?"

"Yeah." First nodded, "perhaps we can find his rival?"

"Actually, let me give you a hand." Whisper chimed in.


"Is this the place?" First asked, his voice echoing through a dark tunnel.

"It sure is!!!" Whisper replied, "this abandoned tunnel just west of Catfish Pond is originally a cavern for underground transportation for a war many years ago! Now that there's been peace, some ponies wanted to build a tunnel for it, but it failed.

"How so?"

"Yo-Kai!" Whisper replied, "with the ponies perceiving supernatural forces deep within this area, they decided not to touch it anymore, whether it's fear or respect. Possibly the former."

"I just hope we'll find the rival here. Do you know his name?" Scootaloo asked as the quartet began walking into the caves.

"Well, there's a Yo-Kai News article that talks about a sumo match a long time ago. 'Two roaring rivals, go head to head in the Sumo finals! Mad Mountain vs Lava Lord!"

"Mad Mountain huh..." First gasped, "5 bits saying that he's a palette swap of Lava Lord!"

"Just take it!" Scootaloo retorted, tossing five bits at his face, "if you want money so badly, you can just ask me!"

"Oh... Thank you?"

"Besides, we're looking for him, not making bets about his character."

"Sorry..." First apologised, pocketing the five bits with guilt.

"... Wait." Scootaloo halted once more,

"You can feel a Yo-Kai's aura again?" First asked,

"It was feeling pretty silent here... But this one's strong." Scootaloo replied, "follow me!"

"Wait up!" First yelped, "why is it that I can't feel Yo-Kai, but she can?"

Coming to a lit up dead end, Scootaloo used the Yo-Kai lens to reveal a familiar figure of Lava Lord, only that his arms and legs were blue, the mountain body was of blue and white, the loincloth was maroon instead of green, and his facial features was also in a different colour. The only thing that was the same, was the intimidating face.

"Who dares disturb my meal!?" The new Yo-Kai boomed,

"S-Sorry!" Scootaloo bowed in fear, "we-we were just looking for you. Mad Mountain right?"

"Correct!" Mad Mountain nodded as he threw a Plum Rice ball in his mouth, "you'd better have a good reason looking for me. I didn't come to this place just to receive attention."

"We're ponies..." First thought to himeself, "I doubt ponies know you."

"We wanted you to train us!" Scootaloo asked,

"Well that's something you don't hear everyday!" Mad Mountain hopped up, "interesting proposition. But what do you need my sumo skills for? I don't teach it to Yo-Kai or ponies just because. Not even money can make me do it either!"

"You see... We're looking for some Refreshing herbs for somepony we know, and it just so happens a friend of yours is challenging us in order to get one."

"A friend?" Mad Mountain's eyes furrowed, "you mean Lava Lord?"

"Yes, that's him."

"That stupid fool!" Mad Mountain slammed his right foot to the ground, causing a slight tremor that was enough to shake the entire cave and cause some rocks to fall. "For the last time, those herbs belong to nature! Not you! Just because it's an important necessity for every sumo, does not mean you call dibs on it in the wild! Other Yo-Kai and ponies need it too!"

"Sir?"

"Call me Mad Mountain!" Mad Mountain rasped back, "I'm still young you know!"

"S-Sorry!!!"

"Listen, I'd wager that Lava isn't going to be waiting all day, so I'll train you the best I can! Be warned though! It's tricky. Think you can handle this little foals?"

"Yes!" Scootaloo stood firm, "I can do this!"

"Why not?" First replied, "I mean, if there's an opportunity to face that guy, I would take it."

"C-Can I join in too?" Jibanyan raised his hand, "I wanna fight!"

"No problem little cat! How about you marshmallow face? Care to join?"

"I-I'll pass..." Whisper replied, "fighting isn't my forte..."

"Alrighty then!" Mad Mountain commanded, "your training begins now! I want you all to stand firm and proud!!!" He stomped the floor, "the size of a sumo isn't the main thing that can be intimidating! A good stomp from side to side shows that size isn't just for show!"

"Okay..." Scootaloo copied the routine, slamming her hoof harder than she thought,

"Ow!" Scootaloo winced in slight pain,

"You'd better watch yourself too." Mad Mountain warned, "Overdoing it can cause you problems, even before the command is given to engage."

"O-Okay."

"In due time though," Mad Mountain replied, "you can stomp your hooves on any hard surface, and you wouldn't feel a thing!"

"Well... That's good to know..." First mumbled,

"Hey you!" Mad Mountain overheard, "you'll be doing the same thing too! Understand Pitch?"

"Pitch!?" First gasped, "what type of nickname is that!?"

"Your talent! Isn't that what your Cutie Mark is!?"

"F-Fair point..."

"And you!" Mad Mountain turned to Scootaloo "Blank Flank!"

"Please don't call me that..." Scootaloo growled, "I've been called that name by bullies... Brings some bad memories..."

"A name is a name!!! Ponies may mock you with that name, but you can prove them wrong by showing them what a Blank Flank like you is all about!!!"

"Isn't intimidation no better than uh... Bullying?" First butted in,

"... Touché." Mad Mountain closed his eyes in thought. "Ah, what's the point of names? I'm here to train you as fast as I can, and train you I will! Got it Red cat?"

"Yes sir!" Jibanyan saluted,

"DON'T CALL ME SIR, OR I WILL GET VERY MAD!!!" Mad Mountain roared, his echoes causing a few more rocks from above to fall.

"Yelp! Sorry!" Jibanyan gulped, narrowly dodging a falling one just next to him.


As practice takes at least several days for a grasp on basics or mastery, the siblings and Jibanyan tried to remember the things they have learned in the art of sumo, cramming as much as they could for half an hour: Pushing, tripping, slapping, and standing firm. Through Whisper's cheers of support and Mad Mountain's endless set of new and repeated instructions, the sumo decided to call a break, leaving the three trainees bathed in their own sweat.

"You've got a lot of perseverance, I'll give you that! Your resolve on getting those herbs must be strong!"

"I've never trained this hard..." Scootaloo gasped for breath,

"Wow... And to think Flash's workout programs were tough."

"Hey Pitch, come forward."

"Yes?" First stood up,

"I want you, to face me, right now." Mad Mountain crouched, slamming his feet, ready to rumble. "Prepare yourself!"

"Uh... I thought it was a break!" First replied, shivers running down his spine.

"What's with that look!? Didn't I tell you not to falter in your stance!?" Mad Mountain scolded,

"S-Sorry! It's just that, I feel so..."

"Wrong answer!" Mad Mountain charged and tripped First with a single swipe of his arm. "A sumo never shows fear!"

"Argh..." First picked himself up,

"Again!"

"O-Okay!" First got into position, "just let me adjust myself..."

"Yeargh!" Mad Mountain charged once more, First stood a firm ground, his head locked in to shield the oncoming embrace. Mad Mountain, used the same trick once again, and caused the foal to slip on the ground once more.

"Stop! Stop!" First pleaded, "I'm tired already!"

"Tired!? Or scared!?" Mad Mountain replied, "you held your head back, meaning you're afraid of making contact! What use is your stance, if you don't know what's coming toward you!?"

"W-Well,"

"You play baseball, you should always know you keep your eye on the baseball! Otherwise, you'd miss or even worse, get seriously injured!"

"Ah..."

"You must always be prepared to feel somepony's energy, Yo-Kai or otherwise." Mad Mountain continued, "and do not falter or flee from it. You must stand strong against it! As solid as ice!"

"Stand strong against it?"

"Whether you tussle in the ring for glory, wealth, love, or just for the joy of wrestling, you must stand true to your resolve. Then, you can be able to remember everything you've learned from your training, and that is to feel and withstand the energy of anypony, intimidating or not! Your resolve, your training, use it to your fullest, and create a power of your own, where others can feel it too!"

"Aura?"

"Show me your resolve!" Mad Mountain roared, and charged once more, "I won't be holding back this time!"

"Stand strong. Not only do you need to... You have to... And therefore, you want to!" First mumbled to himself, focusing his sight on the charging mountain. "Don't look away... Put on a brave face..." He stomped his back hoof firmly on the floor, "And clash your powers!"

"Raaahh!" Mad Mountain roared as he barged straight into First instead of tripping him. The foal however, held as much ground as he could and was pushed back by the sumo's weight. Regardless of how powerful or how fast he skidded, First still stood strong, gritting his teeth against the opposing force.

"Yergh..." Mad Mountain continued pushing,

"Argh..." First pushed back, remembering to hold firm his ground, and his enemy.

"Hng..." Mad Mountain began to slow down,

"Ha!" First took the chance to divert his force away from his body and onto his side, causing the mad opponent to stumble in a different direction, as First quickly stepped back, hoping to keep away.

"Hah!" Mad Mountain laughed as he stopped in his tracks, "looks like you've got it Pitch! What'd you think???"

"Feels like a high speed wagon crashing into me..." First gasped for breath,

"Well, at least you know how to divert it." Mad Mountain replied, "looks like you have learnt First, and you've got a good grasp on how to feel the presence of power. I think both of you are ready."

"Really?" Scootaloo gasped,

"We did it!" Jibanyan cheered,

"Yep! You graduated! Here's your graduation gift." Mad Mountain congratulated, presenting his medal, "feel free to call my assistance when you need it!"

"Gee..." First accepted the medal, "thanks a lot!"

"As for me..." Mad Mountain huffed, "I think it's time for me to leave this tunnel once and for all. How about I tag along with you as you make your way to Lava Lord?"

"A-Are you sure???"

"Hey, a teacher's got to be there for his students!" Mad Mountain replied, "enough talk, let's hit the road!"


Back to the streams of the Catfish Pond, the siblings encountered the Volcanic Sumo once more.

"There you are! I have been waiting ages! I assume you've found some new friends of yours to fight?" Lava Lord spoke with nobility,

"Apologies for the wait." Scootaloo bowed in apology, "but I believe we're ready now."

"Nyeah!" Jibanyan wailed, "I'm ready to tussle with you once again with my new moves!"

"Actually..." A familiar grunt came from behind, "you're better taking him on First."

"That voice...!" Lava Lord pricked up, "It can only be the one and only... Mad Mountain!!!"

"Pleasure to see you again Lava Lord," Mad Mountain stepped into view, hands crossed. "I see that you also haven't changed one bit..."

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this!" Lava Lord deviously grinned, "my blood boils for your battle!"

"I-Is it me? Or did Lava Lord just change his personality?" Scootaloo whispered,

"Seeing his rival does made his blood boil..." First replied,

"So, you've made friends with my rival... I'm up for a challenge!"

"Actually, I suggest the foal here, to be your opponent." Mad Mountain gestured,

"Me!?" First yelped, "B-But I'm just a pony!"

"I certainly didn't see that when you endured my power in that cave."

"I-I thought you were just holding back."

"I am, but I'm not as strong as I used to due to a lack of training. If you can withstand that, as well as divert the force elsewhere, you can end up winning! You can't win with just power alone. To win is simply this. Throw your opponent to the ground, or force them out of the ring!"

"Oh... I completely forgot."

"You may not have the strength, but you've certainly got the fortitude and brains to back it up!"

"O-Okay then!" First nodded, focus coursing through his mind.

"And remember. Depending on your opponent's power, if you can feel it. You know whether you can face your opponent or not. Fight or flight, you've got the resolve and the determination to stand strong!"

"Focus First... Feel the energy!" Scootaloo cheered,

"Okay then, feel it." First replied as he stepped into the ring. "Lava Lord! I will challenge you to a sumo bout!"

"Very courageous of you! Perhaps a student of Mad Mountain can suffice as a substitute!"

"I may have learned from your rival, but I'm still First Base!" First stomped his hooves, "I'm ready!"

"Attention!" A gold snake appeared on the side of the ring, "this sumo wrestling battle will be underway! On one side, Lava Lord! On the other, First Base! I am Slitheref, the presiding judge of this battle, and I will make sure that it is fair and square! Are both sides ready?"

"Yes!" Lava Lord roared, his voice booming across the mountain.

"Yes!" First hollered too, his voice, though not as strong, was filled with the same amount of bravery, courage, and confidence.

"Very well! Battle... Begin!" Slitheref commanded, waving his tail fan.

"Hmph!" Lava Lord held his position strong. First carefully trotted around, awaiting the time he would strike.

"Looks like he remembered the battle with Jibanyan." Whisper noted to Scootaloo, "Whereas the cat charged first, he stood his ground and waited for a chance to strike."

"First won't follow that trick, that's for sure." Scootaloo replied back,

"..." First was deep in focus, maintaining his eyes on his opponent, waiting for the chance to charge.

"Rah!" Lava Lord charged forward,

"Yaaa!" First did the same.

The two fighters locked their bodies together, hoping to cause one to stumble. Limb for limb, hand to hoof, the two rustled and tussled as they spun around.

"There's a problem though," Mad Mountain noted, "since you guys are ponies, it's going to be hard for you to grab a regular sumo, especially somepony like him."

"A-And is that why you decided to train us by standing our ground?" Scootaloo asked,

"Offence is the best defence, whereas defence is the best offence. It's all according to who you are."

"How strange!" Lava Lord muttered, "you lack hands and fingers, but you certainly wouldn't give me the chance to sweep you off your feet!"

"That's because I'll be out by then! Stop flirting with me!" First replied. Trying the tactic before, First changed his direction, and pushed the sumo away from his charging direction.

"Woah!" Lava Lord stumbled a little before he regained his footing. "Not bad! Looks like you've learned the basics of sumo!"

"Hi-ya!" First thrust his hoof forward, landing a direct hit upon the opponents body.

"Not bad! Not bad! Better than the cat!" Lava Lord laughed it off, "now, taste this!" Thrusting his own strike, the palm struck the foal's front body, pushing him to the rope of the ring, and leaving him with an uncomfortable pain.

"Gak!" First gasped in shock, coughing up spit. "That... My body..."

"Don't back down!" Mad Mountain warned, "you have to bear it!!!"

"Argh..." First continued reeling in pain, his head turned away from the enemy.

"Little Bro! Don't give in yet!" Scootaloo cried, First continued clutching the point of impact, rubbing it in the hopes of recovering.

"Heh! Looks like you couldn't handle it..." Lava Lord laughed, "time to finish this!"

"Look out!" Jibanyan warned as the volcanic sumo charged once more, ready to knock First out of the ring. The foal continued breathing heavily, his eyes looking down on his chest, a desperation of finding rest.

"It's over!" Lava Lord charged as he launched an elbow charge against the foal, or what used to be there. Like a shadow, First sidestepped out of the way, and felt the breeze of the sumo brush past him.

"Woah!" Lava Lord gasped at the realisation of his escaped opponent, quickly stopped his motion, posting himself teetering on the rope of the ring with one leg, a simple switcharoo.

"With all my strength!" First growled as he mustered his remaining energy, to give one final push. Everything that he had trained for, in the hopes to win.

"No!!!" Lava lord gasped as with one leg, was unable to withstand a simple nudge of the foal. The lord lost his balance, and his own weight did the rest.

It wasn't painful...

It wasn't powerful...

But it was enough... To be pushed out of the ring.

"Finish!" Slitheref announced, "by being Out of Bounds. I declare First Base the winner!"

"Yes!" Whisper cheered, "you did it! Good job!"

"All right!" Jibanyan yelled, "Glory and Chocobars goes to me!"

"Woo!" Scootaloo yelled, "I'm so proud of you little bro!"

"Well done Pitch." Mad Mountain nodded with a fierce smile, "you may be weak, but you certainly are smart. Proud of you."

"This isn't over..." Lava Lord picked himself up, his face as fierce as a rumbling mountain. "I demand a rematch!"

"Wha!?" First jumped once more, his hoof clutching his area of pain, "again!?"

"Lava Lord!" Mad Mountain yelled, "this battle is over! Both of you need to rest now!"

"Owwargh!!!" Lava Lord roared, his intimidating energy erupted throughout the air.

"W-Woah!" Scootaloo shielded herself, "that's too much!"

"Stop Lava Lord!" First yelled, "You're getting in over your head!"

"I'm going to fight you one more time! And I'm not going to hold back!!!" Lava Lord roared, "I'll crush and burn you into ashes!"

"Stop!" Jibanyan yelled.

The Volcanic Sumo roared, and ferociously stomped his feet, not noticing that an intense bolt of ice was flying directly towards him, and with a single strike, the sumo was knocked off guard, and fell on his body once more, calm and unconscious.

"Woah..." The surrounding group was taken aback by the surprising outcome. "What was that?" The group looked around, wondering where this mysterious spell was cast from.

"Was that... Ice Magic?" Scootaloo asked,

"Ice!? No... It can't be!!!" Mad Mountain gasped,

"Something wrong?" First asked,

"It's a bad omen... To see or even feel the presence of this... I think its best you guys head back to where you need to go. And here," the mountainous sumo took a Refreshing Herb and passed it to the siblings, "you've earned it. I'll take care of Lava Lord."

"Thanks Mad Mountain," Scootaloo bowed, "for helping us!"

"Yeah." First bowed too, "I think I've learned a lot."


"Hmm..." A lone figure from a bridge that towered over the pond, watching the two siblings and their Yo-Kai companions making their way back to the town. "They're not perfect, but they definitely are quite helpful!" The figure giggled, a plume of icy air exhaled from her mouth.


"We're back!!!" Scootaloo announced as the siblings and Yo-Kai companions enter with candy stuffed in their mouths.

"Why hello there!" Mr Goodsight greeted, with Ms Frost also present, waving hello. "You seemed like you took your time!"

"Well, we bought some candy along the trip," Scootaloo replied chewing, "these fruit drops are amazing!"

"Why, I like candy as well!" Ms Frost added, "so, did you get it?"

"It was tricky," First answered, pulling out the required item, "but I got it without any sweat!"

"Why..." Ms Frost beamed, "aren't you two so precious? I cannot even thank you enough for doing this!"

"Then it's mission complete young uns!" Mr Goodsight replied, "Watch please, if you may..."

"Here you go." Scootaloo presented,

"Amazing..." Whisper's jaw dropped, "Ms Frost has such a sweet smile! I'm glad we've managed to do something good for her!"

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. Do you know what the weather forecast is going to be like Mr Goodsight?" First asked,

"Sunny today and tomorrow." Mr Goodsight answered, "why's that?"

"When we were climbing the mountain, we saw a streak of ice falling from the sky. I thought, could it be winter? I mean, it's still summer around here. Right?"

"Hmm..." Mr Goodsight wondered, "meteorology wise, yes. However, there's actually quite a famous tale about that."

"Really? What is it?"

"Mr Goodsight, may I tell the story?" Ms Frost butted in,

"Oh sure! Go on ahead! I can deal with the watch while I listen."

"So what's the story about Ms Frost?" Scootaloo asked,

"The snow woman." Ms Frost introduced, "she takes the form of the mythological creature known as the human, but she's a... Very peculiar being."

"Is it like the Snow Queen?" First asked,

"No... The Snow Woman is the spirit of a young mare that perished horribly in the cold." Ms Frost spoke, "and it left a terrible fate for the poor mare, as well as those who ever encountered her."

"It doesn't sound pleasant..."

"It isn't." Ms Frost sighed, "The Snow Woman creates snowstorms and blizzards everywhere she goes. And anypony, animal or spirit who happens to bump into her or vice versa, receives a frozen death by her icy breath. A ruthless and merciless killer, to put it bluntly."

"Oh... Oh..." Scootaloo began shivering in fear, "Uh..."

"Please don't." Ms Frost spoke with alarm, "the Snow Woman has a softer side too. She may let some victims go, regarding with how good they look, or their age. And, even if they're destined to cause such things... I'm sure they want to change for the better."

"Change?"

"Tell me, with all honesty..." Ms Frost asked, a look of seriousness came into her eyes, "do you believe that like ponies, spirits can change too?"

"If... If they are willing to, then yes they can." First courageously answered,

"I see..." Ms Frost replied, then returned with a calm smile, "thank you for your input, as well as your help. Do stop by my shop next time. You do know where it is right?"

"It's at Downtown Springdale, and open at night." Scootaloo answered, "but... Isn't that like a bar?"

"Oh don't worry, anypony of any age is allowed, and I sell good snacks! Both of you are welcome, Ponies and others!"

"I see, we'll think about it."

"In that case, I shall take my leave." Ms Frost replied, "Perhaps we shall meet again."

"Bye!" The siblings waved as the blue mare left the shop.

"All done!" Mr Goodsight announced, placing the Yo-Kai Watch onto the counter. Aside from being able to properly find stronger Yo-Kai, I've added a new feature. You are familiar with the watch's searchlight for inspiritments, right?"

"Yeah, we had to use it to help purifying a few ponies and Yo-Kai."

"Well then, I've now added a radar for that! You can not only detect Yo-Kai, but also detect whether they are inspirited or not! If the watch glows purple, that's the cue!"

"I see! That's a very useful feature! Thanks!"

"Come back again! There's still plenty more upgrades for the Watch!" Mr Goodsight waved as the siblings waved goodbye and left the shop.

"Well, got any other place to go?" First asked,

"Naw... Let's just head home, we've got school tomorrow!"

"Actually, I feel like there's something troubling."

"Yo-Kai?" Jibanyan asked,

"No, I think there's something concerning about Ms Frost. It feels like she's in great pain."

"I would understand." Whisper replied, "she's such a beautiful mare, it would break anypony's heart to see her so sad, that they must immediately rush to her aid!"

"Whisper, you've been doing nothing but talking about Ms Frost all the time! Can't you talk about something else!?" Scootaloo rasped, as the four trotted back to their house.


Overnight, Luna's moon beautifully shone over the town of Springdale, amongst the ponies peacefully sleeping within their houses. A lone cat was walking upon the walls of the houses, minding his own business and looking for food, until the smallest of snowflakes, softly landed on its nose.

"Reow?" The Cat looked up, noticing that from the skies, hundreds of little snowflakes began to fall, landing upon the ground, signposts, and the fur of the little cat.

"Meow!" The cat shook itself off and trotted to a nearby set of planks for shelter and decided to take a rest. A few seconds later, the cat woke up, feeling a new form of coldness. Looking around him, the cat couldn't believe its eyes. A majority of the steets were now covered in snow, or frozen solid. The falling snow, turned into something worse: With greater numbers and faster speed. A hailstorm was combined with this snow.

"Meeow!!!" A strong gust of wind struck in the cat's direction, blowing its fur into a mess, as well as blowing away the shelter that the cat was resting in not too long ago. Instinctively afraid, the cat began using as much energy he could, to withstand the increasing cold, as well as a proper place for shelter. Looking underneath a car, the floor was completely frozen, with a heap of snow covering almost every inch, ready to topple at any minute.

The cat ran its way to Triangle Park, but like the car, there was no place that was ever hospitable for shelter. With the temperature rapidly decreasing, and the winds picking up greatly, the cat knew that the only way to stay safe, was to take shelter in a pony's residence.

Jumping up to the first-floor balcony of a Purple-roofed house, the cat clawed and meowed at the mirror, but the unicorn filly sleeping peacefully was unable to hear. Taking no chances, the cat then moved to a red-roofed house and did the same thing. The earth foal unfortunately, was also asleep like a calm river, unable to hear the meowing and clawing. With the cat's depleting strength and life. He then jumped to the house opposite, illuminated by what's left of the signpost and the moon, a patterned roof of orange. Clawing and meowing for his life. He attempted to call or signal the inhabitants within and let him in.

Looking inside, the cat was able to see two foals, one pegasus and one earth pony. Sleeping peacefully and without a care of what's happening outside. Looking in front. A red cat was also lounging around peacefully. The cat howled and howled, but all it could ever do was cry to the sky as nopony was able to hear its pleas. The last thing the cat could see, was the twitching ears of the red cat, before it blacked out, ready to give in to his cold fate.

On the other side of the window. Jibanyan woke up after hearing the familiar cries of a cat. Opening his eyes, he gasped at the sight of an unconscious cat outside the balcony, being swallowed up by the snow. Instinctively, Jibanyan jumped on the balcony door's handle, slid it open, quickly grabbed the kitty with his two paws, and slid it back shut.

"Oh my goodness..." Jibanyan gasped, he looked at the hardwood flooring that was covered with snow, then to the window, where the outside world began stirring up a frozen monstrosity, as the moon itself was swallowed up by a stampede of clouds. "What in the name of Lord Enma AND Princess Celestia is going on!?"


Things got severely worse as the town of Springdale woke up. The sun was blocked by a horde of unfriendly clouds, only able to give a faint colour of the dark blue skies and icy haze. Ponies began wondering what was going on, questioning the weather reports and pegasi responsible for this job. The freak snowstorm caught everypony by surprise, and even Cloudsdale had to assist in helping those who are suffering terribly, doing their best to clear roads, clean areas, and the like, but with no avail. A pegasus extremely wrapped up in layers of clothing, galloped his way towards a lone house, with files and supplies in tow. He quickly opened the door and slammed it shut in order to prevent any snow from getting through.

"Flash!!!" Scootaloo galloped down the stairs to embrace her older brother, "are you okay?"

"I guess..." Flash sighed as he unwrapped the scarf around his neck and mouth. "I still feel like my insides are frozen. The wild animals may fare worse though. This is summer, and this freak storm took them by surprise. They don't have the right time to hibernate or shelter themselves for the cold. They could die!"

"I... What can we do for them?"

"I don't know..." Flash sighed as he shook himself from the snow. "There's too many of them, and to tell you the truth, we're not faring well as they are either. If this weather prolongs, it's going to ruin crops, destroy supplies, who knows what other worse things will happen? Fortunately..." He pulled out a dried mackerel, "I've managed to get some food for the cat that took shelter in our house, as well as my work. Are both of you okay back home?"

"The TV can't connect, and we can't call our friends, but that's not the worst of our problems. At least we don't have to go to school!"

"Ha ha..." Flash sarcastically laughed, "Oh, and while I was at it, I also got some information on Ms Frost like you asked." He passed a notebook to his little sister, "This is considered confidential and personal information. Please don't use things for your own gain, and keep this to yourselves. I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay then! Thanks for your help!" Scootaloo thanked,

"Just remember to keep this information confidential." Flash replied as the trotted to the bathroom. With the information and mackerel in her possession. Scootaloo trotted back up to her room, where First, Whisper, Jibanyan, the cat, and a horde of their Yo-Kai friends were milling about, taking shelter from the snowstorm.

"Here you go little one!" Scootaloo placed it in front of the cat. "It's not fresh due to the snowstorm, but it's what we got!"

"Meow!" The cat happily began munching on the fish, and stretched comfortably.

"The cat's lucky that it managed to catch Jibanyan's attention." Whisper replied, "otherwise, who knows what would happen."

"Feline instincts!" Jibanyan placed his paw over his chest, "cats help each other, even in death!"

"Well done Jibanyan." First replied, "we'd do the same thing if we were you."

"Seriously though." Scootaloo looked outside the window, "what in the world caused this snowstorm? It's not affecting just ponies and other animals, but even Yo-Kai too! What do all of you think?"

"These clothes!" Dazzabel moaned, "ruined by this no-good snow!"

"Not my fault!" Moskevil spoke up, "I mean, yeah, If I had the powers, I would do it because this world is already in the depths of despair, but I don't. So not me!"

"But you see, at least all of us are here that we can meet, greet and socialise!" Happiere replied,

"Hmm..." First read through the notebook on the notes of Ms Frost. "Interesting..."

"What's the information?"

"There was a giant freak snowstorm like this in Neighpon before, which permanently changed the habitats within! No living organism survived. Plant, animal, and even pony... Except her. She's the lone survivor! She was found unconscious on the snow, but she managed to wake up!"

"Wow!!! That's a big amount of luck!" Scootaloo exclaimed,

"Oh, she's a little traumatised. But despite that, she continued on with her life, and when the opportunity came, she moved to Springdale, Idaho, Equestria. To start a new business we all know as Frostia's Place. There's been a lot of good ratings for customer service, food quality and yada yada..."

"Hmm..." Scootaloo peered at the outside snowy view, "hey everypony, do you think this is the Snow Woman's doing?"

"The Snow Woman!?!?" The Yo-Kai jumped in shock,

"So the Snow Woman is also feared by Yo-Kai too." Scootaloo noted, without any shock of the Yo-Kai's rise in volume,

"We all do! She's a monster!" Roughraff yelled, "lost many an innocent or guilty Yo-Kai!"

"How dangerous a foe is she? Can she really be defeated?"

"Nopony would dare be brave enough to face her." Undy answered, "even for me."

"And anyways," Dismarelda sighed, "That was a long time ago in Neighpon. When Happiere and I moved here to Equestria, getting away from this icy witch was a small reason on why."

"I've done some research myself." Whisper spoke, "If you're wondering, the tale of the Snow Woman is in fact, a Yo-Kai."

"So... The Snow Woman goes by a different name?"

"We do not dare speak her real name... For it may call her presence... And with it, the worst of snowstorms." Leadoni explained,

"Unfortunately, there has been no official picture as of yet. As no Yo-Kai ever survived to get a picture from her."

"Holy-moly, that's one deadly Yo-Kai!" First gasped, "that's so ruthless and murderous!"

"I believe that there are other Yo-Kai that are stronger than her." Whisper continued, "that nine-tailed fox from before is an example, but I don't know whether he had challenged her or not."

"Or maybe he just doesn't care!" Scootaloo joked,

"But even so, the fear is too much for anyone to pick a fight with her, lest they be eternally frozen in pain, shame, death, and what not."

"Does anypony know what she looks like?" Scootaloo continued asking questions,

"Have thou forgotten?" Helmsman spoke, "nopony dared to find her existence! At least, not me!"

"And she's bound to stay in Neighpon! At least... If she didn't somehow move with us!" Mochismo added,

"Well, now that I think about it... We can't rule that out." Scootaloo replied as she continued staring out of the balcony window,

"Hey First, why is Scootaloo acting like a detective all of a sudden?" Jibanyan asked,

"Beats me," First replied, "but I'm as curious as she is."

"Hey!" Scootaloo noted something strange on the streets. A pile of snow seemed to shiver within the icy winds, as well as moving in the middle of the roads. "I see you!"

Pulling out the Watch, Scootaloo scanned the pile of snow, and within the veil of frozen water. A puppy the colour of ice, was shivering with fright and desperation as he took his time walking with his shaking legs.

"Aww..." First came to see the watch's lens. "Poor puppy."

"Indeed, because that puppy is dead." Scootaloo replied, "I shudder to think whether the poor soul died to this snowstorm..."

"Do you think we should invite him in? Just to save himself from the cold?"

"I don't think Flash would let us leave the house now. I mean, except for finding Yo-Kai, we don't have any other good reason!"

"Hmm..." First replied "I have an idea. Baku? Whapir?"


"Big Bro?" First and Scoots trotted down the stairs, wrapped in layers of warm clothing. "We're going to be taking a nap. Is that alright?"

"It will be fine. I'm currently doing work and writing my report for the Princess in my room. I'll let you know if things clear up." Flash called back,

"Okay then!" Scootaloo replied as she beckoned Jibanyan and Whisper, also wrapped in clothing, to come down the stairs. Silently and quickly as possible, the four opened the door, sneaked outside and shut it tight. The clothes and mane exposed to the wind blew violently in the wind's direction.

"Wow!" Scootaloo yelled over the wind, "this wind really is strong!!! And it still feels like we're wading in freezing water!"

"Can you guys manage!?" Whisper hollered "Because I can't!"

"My eyes!!!" Jibanyan yelped, "It hurts!"

"Your goggles!" First reminded all, "Put them on if you want to shield your eyes!" And as demonstration, he pulled it onto his eyes, where the fragments of ice now were striking the goggles visor than the eyes of the foal. "Better?"

"B-Better!" The party replied, their goggles upon their eyes.

"Then we'd better find that dog before he gets lost!" First spoke, "lead the way Scoots!"

"Hey!!!" Scootaloo and the group turned the corner to see the shivering dog trotting down a long street "Come back!"

"H-Huh?" The dog turned around, a fearful face upon his puppy dog eyes "C-Can y-you ponies s-see me???"

"Yeah!" First approached, "don't worry, we won't hurt you!"

"I-I understandddd..." The dog shivered, crossing his front legs to try and stay warm.

"Do you need any shelter?" Scootaloo offered,

"A-Actually I'm fine, but th-thanks for the other! I-I'm trying to go find the source of this cold storm!"

"What's your name?" Scootaloo asked,

"P-P-Pupsicle..." Pupsicle introduced himself, "N-Nice to m-m-m-meet youuuu!!!"

"I'm Scootaloo,"

"First Base!"

"Whisper."

"And I'm Jibanyan!"

"How cold are you Pupsicle?" Scootaloo asked, as she too, began to shiver "It looks like you're shivering faster than the speed of Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom!"

"I-I've always been like this, sh-shivering in the cold. That's how I died, and n-now I've b-been shivering ever since." Pupsicle explained, "And s-speaking of which, th-that's what I do too... I-I cause ponies to shiver in the cold, regardless of weather or season."

"Sh-Shivering!?" Scooaloo then looked at herself rubbing her own shoulders. "S-So are you the--"

"N-No!!!" Pupsicle interrupted, "I'm not powerful enough to do this! I-I o-only cause sh-shivering! Not responsible for the weather!"

"H-He speaks true!" Whisper replied as he pulled out his snow-covered Yo-kai Pad, "the wiki says so!"

"N-Not only that!" Pupsicle added, "I-I think I know wh-who's behind this! I-I caught a glimpse of her g-going up to M-Mount Wildwood!"

"Her??? Y-Y-Y-Y-You don't mean... The Snow Woman?" First gasped as he shivered in cold and fear.

"Snow Woman? Please, don't call her that!" Pupsicle replied, "she doesn't want to be called that anymore!"

"Then what's her name!?"

"T-Tell you what, you get to areas faster than me. Let me g-guide you to where she went! How about that?"

"And finding her is a chance to stop this snow storm!?" Scootaloo gasped, "I'm... I'm honestly scared about this... But for the sake of everypony and Yo-Kai. Let's go!"

"O-Okay." Pupsicle leapt onto Scootaloo's back, "U-Up the mountain now!"

"The Snow Woman..." First thought as they galloped past the school and up the mountain stairs. "The Snow Woman... Doesn't want to be a Snow Woman... Why does this feel so familiar?"


Climbing up the now very frozen Mount Wildwood, the party was unbelievably shocked on how the cold weather took a toll upon the shrine, and the Giant tree where the Crank-a-kai resided.

"C-Completely buried!!!" Jibanyan noted,

"Th-That's the least of her powers... Sh-She's headed to the Catfish P-Pond!" Pupsicle replied, Heading to the left path of the shrine once more, the group cannot believe the horrors that they saw. The stream, the mountain source, the entire pond: Frozen Solid. In the middle of the Pond, a small lone figure with a blue cape and hoodie stood staring into the chaotic sky, covering Celestia's light.

"..." The girl fell silent as she continued watching violent cold winds, and snow assault upon the land.

"Oh Celestia..." Scootaloo covered her mouth in shock, "this... This isn't natural."

"Hey!!!" First called out to the lone figure. "A-Are you okay?"

"This land... This world... It will not forget... It will never forget..." The girl spoke,

"Wait... What?"

"Kill... Kill... Everything... Pony... Yo-Kai... Every organism of life... The girl spoke,

"Kill!?" Scootaloo overheard, "so it is true! You were behind all this! You came to Equestria! Snow Woman!!!"

"You DARE call me by that name!?" The figure turned around, a small human girl with parts of her dull and dark blue hair covered by the hood, a tight blue kimono with a white band, yellow belt, and some gold boots.

"This... This is the Snow Woman???" Jibanyan asked,

"Hey! Don't call her by that name!!!" Pupsicle reminded, "her real name, though nopony calls her that, is Frostina. Okay?"

"Frostina..." First stared at the small human girl, her hands upon her mouth, head bowed in pain.

"Why... Why...? Why must this happen to me?" Frostina cried, "why does the world refuse for me to change? Why must I become a ruthless monster???" Pulling her hands away, she held a familiar item, now frozen all over.

"No way..." First gasped as the small Yo-Kai let loose of the Refreshing Herb, where it shattered into million pieces, and scattered all over the frozen pond and wind. "You can't be..."

"If both worlds hate me for what I am, then so be it!!!" A massive eruption of wind echoed from her surroundings as she screamed, almost blowing the party away. "I'll freeze everything in this town to absolute zero!"

"No! Stop!" Scootaloo yelled, "Don't do that! Please! All those innocent lives!"

"Innocent? They scorn me, fear me, curse me... And I never had the choice to be this! Left alone... Frozen to death... Why? Just to save a dog!?" The girl replied.

"A dog?" First perceived the words, "Pupsicle, is that 'dog'... You?"

"... Yes. Sh-She tried to save my life when she used to be alive." Pupsicle replied, "but it was no use. Both of us fell to the same c-cold fate: D-Death in that hellish snowstorm in Neighpon long a-ago... And we were reborn as Yo-Kai ever since. At least, I didn't know she would become a Yo-Kai... I haven't seen her since that day, or when I migrated to E-Equestria."

"How did you know it was her?" Scootaloo asked,

"L-Like the stories said. A young m-mare that perished in the s-snow. That and with this cold front, I could feel it... The warmth that she tried to use to save me..."

"Her warmth...?" First repeated,

"Y-Yes, b-but only for a little bit. Now, I b-believe i-it is r-replaced by sh-sheer and utter vengeance, a-along with the c-coldest of hearts... The Sn-Snow Woman..."

"Why won't nopony let me change!?" Frostina yelled, another array of snow, wind, and cold air, blew directly into the party's faces, shaking them to their wits.

"It's getting too cold now!" Whisper warned, "we must do something about the Snow Woman! Or we're all going to end up dead like that in Neighpon!"

"I-I get it!" Scootaloo replied, "but we need to somehow get close to her!!! I mean, a simple fire attack can melt her down, but we need to find some way to do that!"

"Perhaps we can use somepony to keep us warm! Block the winds and snow!"

"We can use Blazion!!!" First suggested, pulling out the medallium, and taking out the medal "I've got it here!"

"Okay then! Hand it over!!!" Scootaloo yelled. First however, had his mind focused on Frostina, crying and writhing in pain and sadness.

"First! What are you waiting for!?"

"Scoots..." First turned back to his sister, "do you honestly think that we can just take her out?"

"Wait... What?"

"The Snow... No... Frostina..." First looked concerned, "I-I don't feel right just taking her out."

"Then what??? If we're just going to leave her there--"

"I KNOW!" First roared, "She's going to freeze everything to death! But she... Can't you feel it? Can you feel that she doesn't deserve this!?"

"Feel?"

"This cold... Pupsicle said he could feel warmth, along with the winds of death and vengeance... I can feel something more than that however... I feel and see from her... Pain... Sadness..."

"Pain?" Scootaloo lowered her watch, "sadness?"

"She said, she didn't want to be this way... She wanted to change... Do you remember what Ms Frost asked us?"


"Tell me, with all honesty..." Ms Frost asked, a look of seriousness came into her eyes, "do you believe that like ponies, spirits can change too?"

"If... If they are willing to, then yes they can." First courageously answered,


"... Spirits can change, if they are willing to." First repeated, until a moment of realisation dawned on him. What happened, and what he was dealing with.

"... The tale of the Snow Woman is a tragic story indeed..." First lowered his head, a tear fell from his eye, which froze instantly as it was blown away in the wind. "But there's always a chance for a happy ending..."

"First???"

"Big Sis." First grabbed Scootaloo, Whisper, Jibanyan, and Pupsicle together, "Frostina doesn't want to do this, and I believe in her... And I also believe that stopping her with violence will make things worse..."

"But in that case, what are you going to do?"

"What we planned. We're calling Blazion. However, I want him to inspirit me. I'm going to march forward, and talk to her."

"You're going to go forward!?" Whisper and Jibanyan gasped,

"But First, even with Blazion's power, if she decides to pull something on you... You'll... You'll die!"

"I know... But I'm willing to take the risk." First shook his head, "She doesn't want to be the 'Snow Woman'. And I believe in her, even if you don't, and even if it will mean my life is on the line. I want to get to her. Not just for the sake of everypony, but her. Is that okay???"

"... You're right." Scootaloo lowered her head in shame, "I didn't believe in her, especially for a Yo-Kai who is the 'Snow Woman'. But if you're insisting on doing this..." She looked back into her brother's eyes, "then I'll believe in you too."

"As will I!" Whisper added,

"And me!" Jibanyan posed with pride,

"I-If you w-want to help Frostina." Pupsicle noted, "th-then I want t-to help you too!"

"Pupsicle, are you sure you can get close to her?"

"I-I'm afraid not. I-I'm just a dog Yo-Kai that owes her. I think a-a brave pony should speak with her."

"Okay then... I'm ready Scoots. Are you?" First asked, taking a big deep breath.

"Good luck First..." Scootaloo closed her eyes and embraced her brother, a thin stream of tears falling from her face. "P-Please let Celestia and our parents protect you for this endeavour..."

"I'll keep on going till the bitter end sis. Like Flash and our parents." First returned the hug.

"Come on out my friend..." Scootaloo chanted, "calling Blazion. Yo-Kai medal, Do your thing."

"Summoning, Brave!"

"Sumo Shave! Flavo Engrave! Flash team'a Brave!"

"Blazion!!!" Blazion posed,

"Rawwwrrr!!!" Blazion clutched his body in the sudden temperature change, but warmed up a bit later thanks to his fiery motivation.

"Blazion, there's something I would like you to do." First asked,

"Rawr?"

"I want you to inspirit me. Inspirit me so not only am I motivated to help the Yo-Kai behind this snowstorm, but that I can survive. Is that all right with you?"

"Rawr!!!" Blazion gave a thumbs up with his paw.

"Okay then... Here goes nothing..." First muttered as Blazion set his fiery passion onto the foal.

"There's a chance... I can help Frostina... If she doesn't want to be the Snow Woman... Then I will help her!!!" First roared as he was engulfed in flames. With one brave step, he began trotting slowly towards the small Frostina.

"You..." Frostina noted the young foal trotting up close, "are you a fool?"

"Maybe," First replied, "but even so, I'm determined to help you."

"Help me? That's pathetic..." Frostina yelled, "nopony can do that. Not even a Yo-Kai. Get away from me, or I'll freeze you to death."

"Are you saying that as a threat? Or are you legitimately concerned?"

"What did you say?"

"Threat? Or concern?" First repeated, "I can feel your pain Frostina. Cold as the winter's bite. But like the dog you tried to save," he gestured to Pupsicle, "he could feel your warmth for a second, and I believe in that too."

"Warmth? There's nothing but a frozen heart for me. Loneliness... Cold... Death... What do you know about my pain!? You're still alive and well!!! Leave me now, or I'll freeze and shatter you to pieces!"

"I'll stand here until I can reach for you!" First retorted, bearing the cold frosty bite, with his resolve, and the blazing spirit within. "I'm not going to give up on you! Even if you don't believe in yourself!"

"Seriously?"

"I may not look handsome, and I may be too young to keep alive," First replied, "but the tale doesn't matter anymore! You've been yelling in pain that you want to change, and I can see that it rings true of you!" He stomped his foot, "I want to help. Can you please allow me, Frostina???"

"Wh-Who are you???"

"I am First Base. And I believe you are Frostina, and that's your real name. Not the 'Snow Woman'."

"You call me... Frostina??" Frostina spoke. As of a sudden feeling, First felt that the ever strong winds, had began to calm, only for a little bit. With a hoof's gesture, he beckoned the team to trot forward slowly.

"Don't worry about the poines behind me," First replied, "the pony is my older sister, Scootaloo, and the others are Yo-Kai who are friends with me."

"Ponies... Yo-Kai... Co-existing?"

"Yes... As Yo-Kai had been observing Ponies ever since the beginning. Some even masqueraded as Ponies. We've had our fair share, and regardless of their origin, we treat them like every other pony, as friends."

"Friends...? I had none..."

"The dog you tried to save back then..." First continued, "like you, he became a Yo-Kai. What he told me, he was concerned for you. He wanted to be your friend."

"Him???"

"F-Frostina..." Pupsicle shivered, "Y-You gave your l-life to s-save me. I-It may have f-failed, but I'm still ever so grateful!"

"Y-You still trust me???" Frostina turned to the shivering dog.

"Y-Yes!!! Like F-First, I do!!!" Pupsicle nodded with determination.

"Frostina, tell me..." First continued, "do you truly wish to change?"

"I... I...!" Frostina spoke, until the sound of cracking ice came from a far area of pond. From beneath, a giant Yo-Kai on a boat erupted from the frozen surface: Shivering from the cold waters, but shaking with rage.

"WHY YOU!!!" The Yo-Kai lashed out at Frostina, "YOU FROZE THE WATERS! BROUGHT HARM TO THE FISH!"

"H-Hey!!!" Scootaloo gasped, "don't interfere!"

"GET BACK!!!" The Yo-Kai spoke, "I'M THE PROTECTOR OF THIS POND, AND THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON MY WATCH!!!"

"No... No! I didn't want to do this!!!" Frostina spoke out, a look of anguish on her face,

"Frostina!?" First gasped at the sudden change of tone,

"THEN UNFREEZE THE WATERS! OTHERWISE, I WILL DEAL WITH YOU MYSELF!!!"

"Please!!! I c-can't! I'm being honest!" Frostina continued to defend herself,

"She wasn't?" Scootaloo picked up,

"YOU DARE TRY TO COVER YOUR DOINGS!? I'VE WARNED YOU ALREADY!!! SNOW WOMAN OR NOT, I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN TO PROTECT THIS POND!!!"

"I'm... I'm not!!!" Frostina began to cry,

"Please!!!" First trotted forward, stretching out his front legs in a gesture to defend Frostina. "She speaks the truth!!! She doesn't want to do this!!!"

"YOU WOULD DARE PROTECT HER!? THE MURDEROUS SNOW WOMAN!? IT MATTERS NOT! ALL THOSE AFFILIATED WITH HARMING THE POND WILL FALL BY MY HOOK!"

"Then let it be this way!" First yelled,

"FINE!!!" The Yo-Kai yelled as with a swing of his fishing hook, slashed First in the cheek.

"Argh!!!" First clutched the cut wound, a warm yet familiar feeling spread across his senses, combined with the frozen wind, applying nothing but indescribable pain to his face.

"Ahh... Ahh!!!! No!!!" First yelled in agony, but refused to back away.

"Please!!! Stop!" Scootaloo yelled, "don't hurt my brother!"

"I SAID THAT I WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR THE SAFETY OF MY POND!" The Yo-kai replied, and fishing from the hole he emerged, he pulled out a red-coloured and aggressive-looking fish. Tossing it towards First, the fish brutally collided with the foal and slammed his back and head onto the solid ice.

"Hurk!!!" First spat in shock and pain, his eyes faltered in fear and damage.

"First!!! No!!!" Whisper cried

"First... Don't..."

"No..." First blinked, "I... Argh!" First shook around, grunting and whimpering in pain as he pulled himself from the cold sticky ice. "I... I still..."

"WHY DO YOU WISH TO GET HURT!?" The Yo-Kai roared, "WHY MUST YOU STAY PUT!? YOU DON"T HAVE TO DIE!!!"

"You should know!!!" First cried, in anguish, sadness, and anger. "Just as you want to protect your beloved pond, I want to protect Frostina and her pleas to say that she didn't do it!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?!?"

"I said, she's innocent. I believe in her innocence!" First coughed, clutching not only his wound, but also his head, leaving his entire clothed-wrapped body subject to the wind's ferocity. "And... No matter what... No matter how many times you hit me, wound me..." He stomped the ground one more time and stared angrily into the Yo-Kai's eyes. "I WILL PROTECT HER!!!"

"Protect me..." Frostina whispered, "me??? First!!!"

"Frostina?" First turned back,

"You really would go through all this, just to see me change, right?"

"To what you really want to be." First replied, "And I can tell, that it's not to become the Snow Woman! You really want to be who you really are, and that's Frostina!"

"I... See..." Frostina spoke, "then... I am willing to change..." And as she was about to say her next line, something snapped within her mind, and her cyan eyes went dim. "But it's too late! For I am, and always will be, the Snow Woman!"

"What!?" First was caught unaware by the change of tone, as the last thing he witnessed was Frostina casting some spell, with the energy temporarily causing Frostina's hood to reveal her short hair, as well as a furry of snowflakes and mist to engulf him completely. The sudden burst of Snow Powder caused everypony in the vicinity to shield and avert their eyes.

"First?" Scootaloo turned her head back to see what transpired. Within the clearing of the mist, Frostina stood gazing with awe and wonder, at the shocked, surprised, and scared figure of First Base. Encased within a prison of clear ice.

"No..." Scootaloo gasped in horror, "No! NO! NOOOO!!!!!!" Scootaloo galloped towards her frozen brother. "FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRST!!!!!!" She burst into tears as she slammed her hooves upon the rock solid ice.

"FIRST!!!" Whisper yelled as he too, struck his fists on the ice with no avail.

"Fyirst! Please!" Jibanyan cried, rapidly punching his paws.

"RAWR!!!" Blazion roared in pain, hoping that his power could still affect the foal within the ice.

"Such a foolish foal..." Frostina laughed, "I did sort of like him, too bad he could think that Yo-Kai and Ponies share the same mind and heart. Little did he know that Yo-Kai will be, and always the superior!"

"What... Did you say... ABOUT MY BROTHER!?" Scootaloo turned to Frostina, her face full of rage and anger.

"Open your ears filly, he's a fool, and he paid the price of messing with the Snow Woman with his life." Frostina explained, "I mean, is it obvious? Everypony knows that the Snow Woman is a ruthless killer. Which is what I am, and always will be."

"He believed in you..." Scootaloo tightened her hoof muscles, "He believed that you can change. He trusted you!"

"And like I said, you can never change a Snow Woman. Let me strike a deal with you then, non-believer. Since you had the idea of not trying to change me, why don't you leave now? Take your Yo-Kai lackeys, and go home. You may have lost a brother, but at least you're still alive. Right?"

"Wrong..." Scootaloo replied, "I've lost three ponies that are close to me now... My mum, dad, and now First... Flash, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle... I won't lose another." The filly glared at Frostina with a look of murderous intent. "I may not survive, but I WILL take you down!"

"Scoots!" Jibanyan cried,

"Fool!" Frostina yelled at the charging filly as she blew her away with a cold wind from a swish of her hand. "You have chosen very poorly filly. And now, prepare to join your brother!"

"Bwoo... Bwoo..." A familiar sound echoed throughout the snow.

"What the?" Whisper and everypony else froze. From the Watch, a purple light glowed on and off, and on and off...

"I see..." Scootaloo whispered a voice that everypony was able to hear. "First was right... Meaning you were also right..."

"What nonsense are you spouting!?"

"This!" Scootaloo stood up with a look of determination, showing Frostina the Purple glowing watch, "this is a newly developed feature that can detect the power of inspiritment in anypony. And I know who it is!"

"Your brother, is he not under the spell of that blazing lion?"

"Thank you Captain Obvious!" Scootaloo opened the watch and aimed it at Frostina. "But so are you!!! And a nasty one at that!"

"Crud!!! The blasted Yo-Kai Watch!!! I should have known!!!"

"I am a fool too, for not believing that you can change when you say so, a bigger fool than my younger brother!" She closed her watch, "but my eyes have been opened. Everything has fallen into place. I can now feel your pain, your anguish, the chain that is controlling you!"

"You blasted child! You're not as smart as your brother after all!"

"Trash talking won't save you." Scootaloo replied, "And my mind is set. Like my brother tried to do, I'm also going to help you!"

*Crack... Crack... Crack..." The sound of breaking ice echoed again.

"What now!?" Frostina growled, until a sweat of horror spread through her face, at the ice crystal, melting like butter.

"First???" Scootaloo gasped at the multiple water drops from outside and inside the ice.

"Rawr!!!" Blazion roared with pain and fatigue.

"It looks like Blazion is dead-set and motivated on trying to free your brother!" Whisper replied,

"No! Impossible! Nopony has ever escaped my frozen power!"

"YARGH!!!" The ice crystal shattered as First burst free from his frozen prison. "Th-Then th-that m-makes m-me the first!!! I-I am n-named F-First B-Base after all!"

"First!" Scootaloo galloped to her brother, "you're alive!!! I can't believe it!!!"

"G-G-G-G-G-Good to s-s-s-seee you again. So c-c-c-c-coold. B-Blame the Yo-Kai. A-And th-thanks for the w-warmth B-Blazion. I-I owe you soooo much..."

"Rawr..." Blazion moaned, but gave a thumbs up.

"First, you were right all along." Scootaloo replied, showing Frostina's inspiritment, a storm of furious purple bubbles surrounding the poor Yo-Kai. "She's inspirited, something is controlling her."

"I see..." First replied, beginning to regain proper speech.

"First." Scootaloo slid the Yo-Kai Watch around his neck, and held his hoof firmly onto it. "You know you're the right pony to fix this. Correct?"

"A certain somepony once told me, don't falter or flee..."

"... You must stand strong!!!" Two firm voices came from behind,

"Mad Mountain! Lava Lord!" Scootaloo greeted the two sumo mountains of fire and ice. "What are you doing here?"

"A good friend of ours believes in somepony who's in pain. To think he's against the Snow Woman. He really is a fool!" Mad Mountain spoke,

"But standing strong is exactly what he's doing!!!" Lava Lord added, "and so, we too, shall support him!"

"Take my perseverance!" Mad Mountain yelled, casting his inspiritment upon First, "to withstand the ice, you too can be firm like ice!"

"And take my blessing of the volcanoes!" Lava Lord added, casting his inspiritment. "It should keep you hot and warm, as well as heal any wounds you took!"

"G-Guys..." First gasped, his wound sealing up, his head basking in relief, the remnants of ice melting away, the fires of calm wrapping around him. "Thank you... For everything."

"I won't allow it!" Frostina inhumanely cried, whipping up yet another power snowstorm. "I'll freeze you again, I'll freeze all of you to death!"

"IN THAT CASE, LET ME HELP TOO!" The Ship riding Yo-Kai announced, grabbing First with his hook, "I HAVE SEEN YOUR RESOLVE. YOU TRULY WISH TO SAVE THE SNOW WOMAN, IN WHICH IT RESULTS IN BOTH THE POND AND HER SANITY TO BE PROTECTED. FORGIVE ME FOR HARMING YOU... NOW LET ME HELP YOU! I SHALL TOSS YOU WITHIN THE STORM!!!"

"Okay then, thank you all again..." First nodded as he turned back to Frostina, ready for the final push. "I'm ready!!!"

"Go First!!!" Scootaloo cheered, as the Yo-Kai tossed him into the blizzard, "Save her!"


"Frostina..." First came face to face,

"You... Leave me alone!!!"

"I can't, sorry about that." First chuckled,

"Why... Why do you care about me so much!?"

"Because Yo-Kai... Yo-Kai are a part of a ponies' life, just as we are to you. And with what me and my sister went through, we can almost say that we can, you know. Live in harmony!"

"As equals? With inferior beings like you?"

"Listen, I know that's not what you think, and I know you're afraid of your powers, your role, and the fearsome legacy of the Snow Woman. And that's what I'm here to help." First replied, as he moved his hoof to pop one of the bubbles, only that it bounced back.

"What?" First tried again, but the bubbles refused to pop again.

"You can't break this spell. I am forever in possession of this lass."

"Oh I see... You're the reason behind this." First glared, at the bubbles.

"What good will come from Ponies? Nothing but greed, guilt, lies, and most of all, apathy and disbelief!!! The traitors and 'pets' you call friends. You've dumped their legacy and role in the trash!"

"Frostina..." First ignored, holding the hands of the young girl. His hooves froze instantly at the touch, but First continued holding firm. "I may not feel my hooves as much. But hey, are you still in there?"

"... First..." Frostina spoke, "do you really care for me?"

"The entire world of Yo-Kai has captivated me in more ways than magic itself. It has broadened the boundaries of friendship. Something that all ponykind has upheld. Regardless of who we are, royalty, a ghost, a ruthless killer, or just some average and ordinary pony. Good or bad, we may remember it all, but it's up to you on what you have experienced to shape yourself, and what you want to be in the future."

"M-Me?"

"Somepony knows where we end up later in life, whether we go up to where the deceased are, or as Yo-Kai like you. We ourselves however, don't know what we'll do. So we'll shape it along the way. Alone, or together.

"First..."

"Maybe you didn't want to end up as the Snow Woman, maybe you wanted to have a peaceful time in the heavens, I don't know! But as you came up as a Yo-Kai, a name is just a name. Ponies and Yo-Kai may mock, curse, or fear you with that name. But you can prove them wrong by showing them that the Snow Woman, is not like the fearsome Snow Woman in the tales, but a Snow Woman that is kind, helpful, and wants to use her powers for the better of everypony and Yo-Kai. A Snow Woman by the name of Frostina."

"Frostina... My name... As a Yo-Kai."

"Can you promise me that?" First asked, "Can you promise me that you can change yourself? I will help you if need be."

"First..." Frostina placed her hands firmly upon First's hooves. "I... I can't make promises... But... I will try myself... And I will gladly take upon your assistance." Crying tears once more, the little Snow Woman embraced the Foal, crying as she held him close.

"Then I shall promise you to help you out if you so wish it." First promised as he hugged her back. While enjoying this lovely moment, First remembered why he came here, and glared at the pillar of inspiriting bubbles. With a determined punch, he sent his hoof straight through a single bubble, popping it with a solid bang. With that, First let loose his embrace of Frostina and began punching each and every bubble harassing the Yo-Kai, increasing in velocity with every punch.

"Whoever you are..." First declared, "whatever you did to Frostina." He began popping bubbles faster and faster, "I, will never, EVER, let you harm Yo-Kai like this again!!!" With the many rapid punches, one surviving bubble remained. With a cry of war, First drove his hoof into it, bursting it into non-existence, and completely purifying the Snow Woman.


The blizzard storm exploded into a million fragments, the haze spreading throughout Mount Wildwood and all of Springdale, obscuring everything from view. As it subsided, the Yo-Kai Pony team saw to it that the icy fog was gone like air, and the thick clouds of ice above were beginning to dissipate, letting rays of the sun enter once again.

"He did it..." Scootaloo gasped as she saw the silhouette of her brother and Frostina,

"He did it..." Whisper repeated,

"He did it..." As did Jibanyan,

"He did it..." And the mountain sumos,

"He did it..." And the guardian of Catfish Pond.

"You did it!!!" Scootaloo galloped towards her brother to embrace him once again. "I knew you'd do it!!! I'm so proud of you little bro! I love you so much!"

"As I do to you sis." First hugged her back, stumbling and tripping, as he lost control of his muscles.

"First..." Frostina moaned,

"Yes?" First turned to the now free Snow Woman.

"I did say I'll try... But seeing you is a good start as any. Thank you First. You and your sister, for striving to connect with Yo-Kai." With her last words, she fell unconscious.

"Frostina?" First shook,

"Don't worry..." A voice came from nowhere, "she's just unconscious."

With the crew looking up above, a bigger human, with purple clothes, black overcoat, and an azure scarf with floating dragon heads at the end of the scarf, floated down.

"And you are?" Scootaloo asked,

"I'm afraid I can't make introductions now. I've been watching both of you siblings." The Yo-Kai explained, "ever since you fought those White Yo-Kai, to you fighting Massiface."

"Okay?"

"But to think that you can face the terror of the Snow Woman. I have been blown back by your resolve."

"Thanks, I guess..."

"Please give me Frostina."

"B-But..."

"I am not the Yo-Kai responsible for her mind control." The Yo-Kai interrupted, "I only wish to have her nursed back to health, like you do."

"W-Well, I can see you're not with the enemy, but are you sure we can trust you?"

"Please do." The Yo-Kai replied, "If you truly believed and trust in Frostina in her times of pain, would you do the same for me?"

"... Okay then. But if you harm her in anyway, we won't forgive you!"

"I give you my word, as the leader of the resistance of Enma." The Yo-Kai bowed, as he carried Frostina, and flew away.

"Hey dude," First turned to the Boat-riding Yo-Kai, "will you be okay?"

"Celestia's sun, in due time, will thaw the pond, and the fish will be safe once more." The Yo-Kai replied, "thank you, for protecting this pond."

"And Blazion, Sumo rivals," First turned to their Yo-Kai companions, "thanks for helping me with your powers. I could have fared worse than just aching and broken muscles and bones, not to mention a very bad case of possible Hypothermia. I could have even failed!"

"Yeah, looks like we came just in time." Mad Mountain replied,

"I wanted to give you this." Lava Lord presented his medal, "I've never seen anypony like you out there. You acted like a true sumo. Perhaps the Sumo World may be a rising star for you!"

"Thanks, but I'll stick to Baseball mainly." First laughed as he accepted it, "but I would like to fight with you from time to time!"

"Thanks again everypony," Scootaloo thanked once again, "now, I think we should all go home."


With the brave efforts of the siblings and Yo-Kai, the snowstorm had subsided, the thick clouds were fully gone, and the Sun was shining over Springdale again. Though there was quite a mess left in the aftermath, all the ponies decided to contribute into cleaning the town up. Everywhere, ponies of all kinds, as well as Yo-Kai within the shadows, were scooping up snow, cutting up the frozen surfaces of water, replanting crops once again, and nursing surviving wildlife back to health. It was as if it was Winter Wrap-up all over again, only this time, in summer.

The siblings on the other hand, had their own problems to tend to. First was completely depleted of strength after the incident, not to mention a cold, and spent the next two or so days resting and recovering in his bed.

"Rise and shine little bro!" Scootaloo came in one day, carrying a bowl of Boiled Egg Oden soup. "Flash just bought this from a nearby street vendor. It's hot and nice, so it should make you feel better!"

"Thanks sis *sniff*" First sniffed, "H-How's the Emergenci Winter-rap up going?"

"It's going great. We've been tasked to help clear the roads and repair any roads needed to transfer supplies." Scootaloo replied, "Whisper and Jibanyan did a lot of work, for once."

"That'z good to hear," First droned as he took a sip of Oden stew. "Mmm, this is nice. Hope this will clear this cold faster."

"Well look on the bright side, it's not Duchoo that's inspiriting you, and at least it wasn't Hypothermia!" Scootaloo replied,

"Mmm... Achoo!" First sneezed,

"Hey First, I was wondering. When you were busy purifying Frostina, did you find any link to who might have caused this?"

"I don't know..." First pondered, "But I can definitely tell you what it felt like. Insanity, each and every bubble was filled with a maddening and crazy power, and it's not in a good way either."

"So I guess you can say that whoever caused this, is one crazy and mad Yo-Kai."

"Yeah, I bet he's also responsible for this supernatural craziness plaguing Springdale." First replied, "just think about it. If we defeat him, this entire case could be over."

"I never thought about that..." Scootaloo replied, "but you may have a point. To think that we're very close into going back to Ponyville now."

*Ding, Dong* The sound of a doorbell echoed throughout the house.

"I got it!" Scootaloo galloped down and opened the door to a familiar shivering Dog.

"G-Good m-morning..." Pupsicle greeted, "I-Is F-First doing well?"

"He's got a steady recovery." Scootaloo smiled, "what can I help you with?"

"Th-This..." Pupsicle gestured, handing over his medal, "th-thanks for h-helping me save F-Frostina... I-I couldn't have done it without both of you."

"It's no problem Pupsicle." Scootaloo took the medal, "now let's help each other out more, not as acquaintances, but as friends!"

"O-Oh! And take this..." Pupsicle replied, giving out giant bracelet with the symbol of a Sun. "Th-This Sun Bracelet is a th-thank you gift for First... I-I hope it c-can help h-him grow stronger in the c-coming trials again!"

"Sure," Scootaloo took the bracelet, "I'm sure First will be happy to know that what he's done isn't in vain."

"I-It was n-never i-in v-vain..."


The next day, First was cleared of his cold, and was warm and strong enough to stand and trot once more. Wearing the Sun Bracelet on his front leg, a certain somepony was in his mind.

"Frostina..." First looked out of his balcony window, "I wonder how you have been? I hope that Yo-Kai has treated you well."

"First?" A knock came upon the door,

"Ah, Flash, come in." First welcomed,

"I just received a call from Ms Frost from Frostia's Place." Flash explained, "she says she wants us to come to her place to have dinner tonight. Are you fine with that?"

"Really???" First gasped, "s-sure! I can go!"

"Got it then," Flash replied, "we'll leave at six."

"Well then," Whisper grinned as the Guard left the room, "How quaint to see that Ms Frost has an eye for you! I'm quite envious to see a foal like you win her heart rather than a dashing butler like me."

"Stop being creepy Whisper!" First yelled, smacking him with a foam bat and propelling him against the wall. "And besides, she can't see you! You can just come if you want!!!"

"Okay... Point taken..." Whisper groaned with pain, as he pulled his face out of the wall.


As Luna's moon was pulled up once again, the Sentry Family trotted through the Downtown District of Springdale, with snow becoming less prominent, and making it look like summer once more. Looking at the middle shop of the small restaurant street. The name 'Frostia's Place' was painted onto the building's canopy, as well as on the wall.

"This looks like a chill place." Flash noted,

"Please Flash, the puns." The siblings groaned in unison, shocking their older brother.

"D-Did I say something wrong?" Flash asked, "Is there something cold-related to this place?"

"Oh, it's nothing." The siblings giggled as they looked back to the store.

"Why are you guys speaking in unison?" Flash wondered, "That couldn't have been some luck..."

Opening the door, the entrance bell rung for the Blue Earth Pony to come straight to attention.

"Welcome to Frostia's Place." Ms Frost greeted with a warm smile, "so glad that all of you can make it here."

"Thanks for inviting us." Flash greeted back, "to what occasion are we here for?"

"Your siblings I believe, have helped me greatly during my time of need." Ms Frost replied, "for helping me before the storm, as well as helping me clear and clean out my store during the emergency Winter Wrap-Up. Well, your sister that is."

"Is this true?" Flash asked,

"Yeah," Scootaloo replied, I got Nate and the rest to check upon Frostia's place, and cleared out the alleys behind it. I thought to peek inside and she if she's there, but--"

"Anyway," Ms Frost interrupted, "I want to thank you for your act of kindness, by presenting all three of you meals made by yours truly, on the house." She passed three trays with an appetising dish and a side snack on each, "Please enjoy."

"Wow!" Flash gasped, "this looks really good, thank you very much Ms Frost, and thank you very much Scoots." Flash replied, "now let's eat!" And Flash began eating away without any hesitation.

"Yeah, thanks Ms Frost." Scootaloo smiled as she did the same. First nodded in agreement, and reached for the cutlery, only to stop his hands upon a familiar object.

"Ms Frost..." First looked back to the Earth Pony, showing her a medal with a picture of a very familiar figure: A small human girl wearing winter clothes, "is this actually..."

"A secret between your sister..." Ms Frost whispered, "Like you and Scootaloo, I can see and hear Yo-Kai clear as day. Like your white marshmallow friend behind you."

"So you heard all of his flirty remarks..." First growled in embarrassment, "I'm sorry about his behaviour. As a butler, he should know better."

"It's okay." Ms Frost laughed, "Perhaps I've forgotten the bright side of life, seeing my customers with a smile on my face, happily enjoying their time. I'm very happy that I met you and your sister in Timers & More. Otherwise, things may have turned out for the worse on both me and everypony else."

"It would be a sad shame..." First smiled, "to be unable to see the lovely Ms Frost again, running the popular restaurant of Frostia's Place."

"Heh heh..." Ms Frost smiled back, "anyway, when the time is nigh to call upon this Yo-Kai, think of it as..." She winked as she finished her sentence. "...Me!"

Author's Note:

Sneak peak for upcoming mini arcs: A certain Nine-tailed Fox and a Dragon-headed Snake will make their appearance!