• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,485 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,485

Prologue: Sad Farewells

One day in the Castle of Canterlot, the Royal Court was having quite a ruckus regarding their land.

"Princess Celestia! What you are stating is absurd! There is no possibility that would happen!"

"Unfortunately Princess Twilight, some of the tourists beg to differ. I have no reason to doubt my subject's words."

"But dear sister... The sound of it is quite bizarre and impossible..."

"Ever since allowing the Neighponese to populate and build upon the once-barren land of Springdale in Idaho, these 'paranormal occurrences' started happening as soon as our Equestrians started visiting it, and the locals don't seem to mind."

"Auntie, are you trying to state that--"

"I strongly wish that this mysterious problem was not intentionally brought along by our foreign allies, but this needs to be investigated right away."

"In that case my Princesses, do you want me to round up some fine stallions for the job?"

"I have one in mind... Flash Sentry,"

"Princess Celestia! Why him!? I can't allow that!"

"With all due respect madam, Lieutenant Sentry, my right-hand stallion, is better off protecting Twi-- I mean the castle of Ponyville and its inhabitants."

"I understand your concerns Princess Twilight and Captain Armor. Flash's track record of service in Ponyville is exceptional that despite his overload of being 'serious and tight', he's made sure that Ponyville is completely devoid of criminal activity with flawless discretion. But that's why I think he's the best candidate."

"It's not just me you know..." Twilight pouted "he's got other reasons..."


After the meeting, Twilight handed the orange pegasus guard a confidential file in which he read immediately.

"Springdale, Idaho..." Flash read "I believe this is the location of my new assignment?"

"Yep, I'm sorry about this Flash..." Twilight sighed "... It's just not right! You're the only guard who's pulling his weight as well as everypony to keep our town safe! Ponyville needs you, the mares and Discord need you, I need you!!!"

"But if that's the case," Flash countered "why did you agree to this? Matters regarding different cities and towns needs the agreement of all Monarchs of the Royal Court, including the Captain. If your Highness really wants me to stay here, then this matter would be an impasse. Since you are giving it to me, it shows that you in fact DID agree."

"Ugh..." Twilight grumbled further in shame and sadness,

"Princess" Flash sighed "you can admit to me that my 'attitude' is becoming a hindrance to you and the others. And you already know that when I have been given an assignment directly from the Princesses and Captain, I do it. That which I will do right now."

"Stop it Flash!" Twilight yelled at his face "you can't just leave here without any other word! You can't be THAT emotionless!"

"I wasn't finished yet" Flash continued "while I may comply to the Monarchy's decision, do you remember the details and history from my file?"

"Uh..." Twilight pulled out her notes "Dreamy Cutebottom, Cheeseball..."

"What nonsense is that!?!?" Flash roared, frightening Twilight "is this the reason why I'm being sent away!?"

"S-Sorry!" Twilight apologised "that wasn't your actual details, It's just my comments. I swear!"

"Actually," Flash apologetically bowed "I should be the one to ask for your forgiveness. I should know better than to yell at a Princess."

"Oh..." Twilight remembered as she continued reading "that's right, you're an orphan with... Wait... Am I reading this correctly?"

"If I were to go..." Flash answered "they will be not allowed to legally stay in our household. Either they come along with me or they will go to... I dare not speak the name, and with either decision, they won't be very happy about it. A very important point on which I have reasons to object."

"Why am I knowing this for the first time?"

"The past and secrets of my family are only known to your Brother and is kept confidential."

"Seriously... I didn't know you have..."


"WHAT!?!?!?" Scootaloo yelled in horror "you're leaving big bro!?!?"

"But you've only been here for a year big bro!" First Base replied, "it's not fair that you have to leave again!"

"..." Flash closed his eyes bearing the yells of reason and rage from his younger siblings.

"Come on Flash!" Scootaloo cried "can you for once say no!?"

"No," Flash replied "there, I just said it"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" Scootaloo roared,

"Seriously big bro, I may not be a hot head like big sis over here, but I'm just as unhappy. We've finally been reunited for Celestia knows how many years, and you have to leave again. Why?" First continued,

"I know this seems unfair for you. In fact, this is very unfair to us" Flash agreed "however, you do have a decision here. You could go back there again... Something which I will swear never to do again..." Scootaloo and First shuddered with painful flashbacks and memories.

"Or..." Flash continued "we go together..."

"Wait," Scootaloo calmed down "us? Go with you?"

"As a family."

"Are you nuts!?" The siblings raged simultaneously "that means we won't see our friends again!"

"You can always keep in touch with them! Just like you kept in touch with me through all these years."

"Even if that's true, our whole life is in Ponyville except for you, we can't just dally up and move away!" Scootaloo replied,

"Yes, but the life that we've known when we were young had been taken away from us before..." Flash sighed with remorse and grief, as did the siblings.

"Mom..." Scootaloo whimpered,

"Dad..." First cried,

"The last thing I ever want is to be separated from both of you or your friends ever again, and everypony would forever curse me including myself if you were to go back to that torturous hole of Tartarus. That's why I'm asking if you could come with me."

"..." The siblings fall silent,

"I know it's hard for you. Do you want me to choose for you?"

"No..." The sibilngs sighed "we'll... We'll go"

"Wh-Where are we going anyway?" First asked,

"Springdale, Idaho," Flash answered "perhaps you have heard of it's recent development?"

"Used to be much more barren than Appleloosa." Scootaloo replied, "but ever since the Neighponese were allowed to populate there, they've changed it into something extraordinary and out of this world. It is said that the majority of the housing there is just as amazing as Manehattan's and even Canterlot! There's also more advanced magic as I can tell."

"I've also heard lots about the Neighponese culture. They hold more festivals than Canterlot and Ponyville, and they all wear so many exotic clothes!" First added

"Yes, that is exactly where we'll be moving. However, what I am going to discuss next is very confidential. Can I trust you to keep your secrecy?"

"We've being doing it for so long when keeping our blood ties secret... Right?" Scootaloo replied,

"I have to go there because there has been these 'paranormal occurrences' happening in Springdale. They say that out-of-ordinary things are going around at day and night. Random outbreaks of emotions from multiple ponies, unexpected power outages, even ponies looking 'inspirited'. That's why I've been called to investigate."

"Sounds ominous..." First wondered "so are we helping?"

"Unfortunately no. The monarchy said that if you are to come along, they have arranged a household for us to live in, as well as for you two to go to a new school: Springdale Elementary." The siblings quivered,

"Don't worry, all the Neighponese ponies must have a knowledge of English language if they are to live in Equestria. That includes foals and fillies that are just as old as you are." Flash calmed, to which the siblings sighed.

"We're... We're really doing this Flash... Aren't we?" Scootaloo asked,

"Yes..." Flash opened his arms apologetically "yes we are..." With tears, the siblings embraced each other. "Don't worry, this house will stay here forever and ever."


At the station of the Friendship Express in Ponyville, familiar faces were present to say their farewells to the three ponies all packed up and ready to go. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Twist and even Silver Spoon came to say their goodbyes. First on the other hand, said his goodbyes to Button Mash, Rumble, Featherweight and Pipsqueak.

"Goodbye Scoots..." Applebloom embraced "we'll miss you..."

"Please don't forget us!" Sweetie added, "we'll never forget you either!"

"I'll always remember you two, and everypony in school!" Scootaloo replied,

"See ya First" Button sighed as he grasped First's hoof "I hope you'll be back again"

"Same" Rumble also shook his hand "I may not be from Cheerilee's school, but you've also been a great friend to me as well."

"You've all been great friends. I promise that I'll come back to see you all." First replied,

"Princess Twilight, Lady Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Master Spike and Discord. I shall take my leave."

"Stay safe Flash..." Twilight replied,

"And bring us back some souvenirs!" Pinkie added,

"Pinkie! Be serious!" Rarity rebuked "though... I am interested in their fashion..."

"You can send me a letter of your needs, and I'll make sure to reply back with your required items." Flash replied, "Scoots, First, are you ready?"

"Yes" The siblings replied as they boarded the train.

"Bye!!!" The numerous sounds of ponies called as the train departed for the long, awry trip to Springdale.

"Goodbye then, everypony... Ponyville..." Scootaloo wept as she fell into a deep sleep.