• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,486 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,486

Chapter 2: Meeting the Yo-Kai

The young foals awaited their fate of releasing this mysterious puff out of the capsule machine until they realised the fact that nothing was happening to them as well as discovering what the quirky puff before them is. It was a white plump ghost with a swirly top, a short like tail, and a blue lipped face.

"Why hello there young corporeal foals!" The ghost greeted "my name is Whisper! It's an honour to make your acquaintance." The ghost bowed,

"Uh..." Scootaloo spoke first "O-Okay Whisper, while you're at it, what are you?"

"Me?" Whisper madly flew around "I am a Yo-Kai! All ponies call us ghosts, spirits or supernatural creatures that cause strange phenomenon, but we are simply called 'Yo-Kai.'"

"Okay then... But--"

"But what am I doing here?" Whisper interrupted "it all happened 190 years ago when some self-righteous unicorn claimed that I was some evil spirit and trapped me inside this rock!"

"R-Really?" First asked "I doubt mechanisms like Capsule Machines were invented at the time you were er... imprisoned."

"Don't worry about the finer details!!!" Whisper laughed "but seriously, do you know how excruciatingly horrible and long I've been trapped in there? 19 full decades... That's 2,280 months! 9,880 weeks! 69,397 days!!!--"

"Hey sis," First whispered, "this... Thing is creeping me out, should we bolt?"

"Agreed" Scootaloo replied, "but let's try not to break eye contact..."

"--And where do you think YOU'RE going!?" Whisper scolded as he spotted the siblings creeping away slowly.

"Crud" First and Scootaloo halted with guilt "he caught us,"

"At least listen to my story, will you?" Whisper flew to their front.

"Well, it's just that we don't have the time for that now, we've got to get home soon."

"Is that so? Well in that case, let me follow you!" Whisper offered,

"Wha!? But why?"

"Don't you get it? Do you know why I'm currently talking to you right now when I said that I was imprisoned? You freed me! For that, I am eternally in your debt. Starting from this point onwards, I am now your Yo-Kai butler. At your service!" Whisper bowed,

"A butler eh?" First looked at Scootaloo "isn't that what Diamond Tiara has?"

"Sucks to be the pony serving her" She joked, "though, I'm not sure Flash would allow pets..."

"Did you just call me a pet!?" Whisper overheard "how dare you! Once again, I am a Yo-Kai! Not some common animal! And I am your butler, not a pet!"

"Even so, our big brother won't be very happy though..."

"Don't worry! A Yo-Kai is invisible to the pony eye and nopony has ever seen us or will! But since you freed me from that rock however, I am now visible to the eyes of you two!"

"O-Okay then..." First awkwardly nodded "then you can come with us, we've got to get home soon."


Back at home, Scootaloo and First Base were deep in conversation and Q&A with their new mysterious companion, of his origins and the origin of Yo-Kai. While Whisper claimed to have a vast knowledge on Yo-Kai, they caught him multiple times reading off a mysterious device in his possession.

"Yo-Kai Pad?" First looked at the name inscribed on the device,

"Yo-Kai Wiki?" Scootaloo read the screen,

"H-Hey! What are you doing!?" Whisper jumped as he found the two curious ponies looking at his device.

"So you have a source of information for your knowledge which you look at very often..." First discovered

"You wouldn't be that good of a teacher..." Scootaloo sniggered,

"I don't understand what you are trying to talk about!" Whisper embarrassingly held the device behind his back.

"Hey guys?" A familiar voice echoed from downstairs, "I'm home..."

"Oh! Big Bro!" Scootaloo perceived and the two dashed down the stairs with Whisper following behind "how was the meeting?"

"It was pleasantly horrible." Flash moaned, "all this talk about paranormal matters were made true with their evidence and witnesses, I feel like I'm facing a completely different enemy. This is driving me mad and my shoulders hurts like Tartarus." He tried to massage his back, "I think I'm going to skip dinner and have an early rest tonight. Sorry about that if you're hungry."

"No... It's okay..." First replied, "we'll sleep early too."

"Goodnight then..." Flash sighed as he laid down on the couch.

"Goodnight..." The siblings replied as they headed upstairs for bed. Whisper however, took the view all in.

"Hmm... This may be a bit of a problem." Whisper spoke to himself.


The next morning, First and Scootaloo woke up quite early in the morning to see Whisper mysteriously floating in the air with his eyes closed.

"Oh goodness, when he said he would be a butler, he wasn't joking at all..." The flightless filly gulped,

"How long is he going to stay here?" First whispered,

"I think he said... For eternity?"

"Oh dear..." First sighed as the ghostly Yo-Kai yawned loudly and saw the two foals staring back.

"Well good morning to you two fillies!" Whisper greeted,

"I'm a foal!" First retorted feeling offended.

"My apologies First. Anyway, there's something that was milling on my mind before going to sleep. I want to see how your brother is currently feeling right now."

"Why?"

"Just a small theory to test out" Whisper bluntly replied. Agreeing, the siblings made their way down to the living room where they saw their brother still grumbling on the couch.

"Hey Flash" Scoots greeted, "are you alright?"

"Huh? Oh, Good Morning Scoots and First." Flash croaked from inside "and no, my shoulders are still hurting from yesterday, I couldn't even get to sleep."

"Huh, looks like Flash really can't see Whisper at all" First whispered,

"Like I said, I am a Yo-Kai, normal ponies unlike you two exceptions can't see me."

"Well Whisper?" Scootaloo continued "what do you think?"

"Yes, it is him!" Whisper pointed, "he's the culprit!"

"Who? Our brother?" Scootaloo replied, "and for what?"

"Hey Scoots, may I know who you are talking to?" Flash perceived the conversation,

"Uh..." First jumped with surprise, "it's nothing!"

"There's some food in the kitchen where you can make your own breakfast" Flash moaned. Nodding, the siblings went to the kitchen and hid behind the counter to speak.

"So... What's wrong with our Flash?" First repeated,

"He's done nothing wrong..." Whisper answered "but the one on top of him is! He's the reason of Flash's shoulder pain!"

"But..." Scootaloo peeked at her older brother "nothing's on top of him..."

"Oh of course! I almost forgot, though I am a Yo-Kai that is visible to you, the majority of other Yo-Kai are not."

"Wait... There's more of you?"

"The key term is 'similar'. They come in all shapes and sizes, but are invisible to the naked eye as I said."

"Then how can we see them?" First asked,

"Elementary my dear foals, this:" Whisper revealed, holding out a pocket watch that's as big as the sibling's hooves. The pocket watch was orange in colour and a yellow-lined regal design. Coincidentally, the back of the watch has the picture of a filly silhouette in a familiar pose. The most strangest thing however, was that the watch had a swirling background pattern of light-purple, green, light-blue and dark blue behind the arrow hands and covered with a transparent dome. A very strong and flexible leather strap was attached to the watch, which provided a hole big enough for a pony's head to go through.

"Ooh! That looks interesting!" First's eyes widened as Scootaloo took the item but was disappointed when he found out it was a pocket watch. "A pocket watch?"

"This is the Yo-Kai Watch." Whisper introduced "and it's not just any old pocket watch, it's bigger than the common pocket watch and it can enable any ordinary pony to see the Yo-Kai."

"H-How does it work?" Scootaloo asked, "because I still can't see anything on Flash,"

"First, I want you to open the watch's dome." Whisper instructed, "where the watch is hanging from the rope, there is a small button next to it. Press it." As Scootaloo did what she was told, her levels of surprise increased as the dome popped open and made a perpendicular angle to the watch's base. Not only did that happen, a faint blue search light illuminated from a small knob located at the bottom of the watch.

"That 'dome' is the lens of the Yo-Kai Watch, and that blue light is the Yo-Kai Searchlight." Whisper continued, "what you need to do is point the light towards your older brother." Scootaloo continued obeying orders as the searchlight uncovered a dark, hazy silhouette of a small bipedal figure with a large spherical head was spotted jumping on the pegasus' shoulders.

"Finally, I want both of you to look through the lens. It will clear the haze and show the Yo-Kai's full image. The Yo-Kai will then become visible to your eyes permanently, unless it's in a group with undetected Yo-Kai." As the siblings peer into the lens, the watch's properties of what could be described as magic, cleared the dark haze from the silhouette revealing the colour and true form of the figure. The Yo-Kai's spherical head was green with Purple star shapes around his eyes or rather, surrounding his eyes entirely. The body of the figure was light brown and skinny in size. Bearing its teeth and looking very frustrated, this Yo-Kai continued on jumping and kicking Flash's shoulder.

"Woah!" Scootaloo and First jumped together "wh-who is that!?"

"That is Ake" Whisper read off his Yo-Kai pad "he's a Yo-Kai that always kicks the shoulders of any ponies he inspirits. That way, the shoulders of the inspirited pony would always feel stiff."

"So he's the one causing the shoulder pain!" Scootaloo gasped, "no way!"

"Yo-Kai are commonly mischievous and would always inspirit people to make them feel or do things that they don't want. It's kinda seen as what you ponies call: Daily Annoyances."

"In that case," First replied, "how can we tell Ake to stop harming our brother?"

"Two ways, we negotiate with the Yo-Kai, or directly confront it through combat." Whisper replied,

"Uh..." First peeked at the shoulder stiffening Yo-Kai, who was full of frustration as he continued kicking the poor pegasus. "I don't think he's in the mood to talk. The last thing I want is my shoulders made stiff by him."

"Then confrontation it is" Whisper replied, "just call upon your Yo-Kai friends to help!"

"About that" Scootaloo reminded "we don't have any, with the slight exception of you, if you count."

"Then what are you waiting for? Unless you want your Brother to stay stiff and sore forever..."

"Okay okay! Let's go then" First sighed, "hey Flash? We're going out for a walk!"

"Just be careful on the intersection near the Wet Market. There has been many reports of near misses and even dangerous accidents with ponies walking the street while it's full of high-speeding vehicles." Flash warned

"U-Understood" Scoots replied then turned to the group as they walked out the door.

"That intersection..." Scootaloo asked, "you think there's a Yo-Kai behind this?"

"It could be the case" Whisper replied, "let's check it out..."


At the intersection, the siblings waited for a few seconds for something to happen.

"Well" Scoots replied, "I still can't see anything here..."

"Have you forgotten?" Whisper reminded "use the Yo-Kai Watch and point it at the intersection!"

"Oh, right. My bad" Scootaloo chuckled as she popped open the lens and peered through it. Another dark, hazy silhouette of a different Yo-Kai appeared on the other side of the street. Opening it's eyes of purple, it growled ferociously and deviously.

Scoots, First and Whisper stepped back in fear, until the voice of the growl seemed to deregulate into a yawn as the hazy silhouette was cleared to reveal a red and white cat with two tails, each having a blue flame at the end.

"A... Cat?"

"Meow..." The cat yawned and slouched around, pausing to stretch or scratch his own butt. A passer-by unknowingly stood next to it, patiently waiting for the traffic lights. Without any warning, the cat immediately pounced into the pony, tormenting his mind and body, enshrouding him in a thin purple haze. Without any effort, the pony stood in a catatonic-like trance, a goofy face on it's mouth with his eyes changed into the colour of gold and black, the eyes of that cat. "Meow..." The pony spoke,

Whisper and the Siblings watch in horror as this inspirited pony started walking onto the road, just as a high speed wagon was galloping at full speed directly towards the poor stallion. As the wagon continued closing the distance, the cat jumped out of the stallion and delivered an endless flurry of blows from its paws, hoping to take down the wagon. As the wagon driver couldn't see it, he just continued on galloping, knocking the Yo-Kai into the sky with a loud howl. Only to suddenly skid to a halt at this now conscious and confused pony standing in the road.

"What the heck are you doing in the middle of the street!?" The wagon stallion roared,

"I-I swear!" The former inspirited pony defended, "my legs were moving on their own!"

"Woah..." First gasped, "what did that... Yo-Kai do?"

"What every Yo-Kai loves to mischievously do, Inspirit them." Whisper answered, "only this time, this cat yo-kai inspirited the stallion and controlled his movement to walk in the middle of the road while traffic is abound."

"But why would it do that?" Scoots asked.

"Well..." Whisper looked to the sky, hearing the sound of yowling and a red blur aiming straight for them "you may want to ask him." Before the siblings could ask Whisper to stop playing the Pronoun Game, the cat Yo-Kai landed directly beside the three of them, breaking part of the pavement. Although what transpired would greatly impact the Yo-Kai's health and physical structure, the cat calmly picked himself up, brushing away any dust.

"Defeated again..." The cat growled "I'll get them next time!" And resumed to minding its own business. This time however, he sensed that something was actually watching him. He turned around to see three different figures staring back at him, curious at his appearance.

"Meow?" The cat Yo-Kai spoke,

"Meow to you too." The three spoke back in unison,

"Woah!" The Yo-Kai jumped, "you guys can actually see me!? I thought nyopony could ever do that!"

"Anything's possible!" First chuckled,

"So uh..." Scootaloo started speaking "you seem to hold a grudge for the wagons and chariots, why's that?"

"Well..." The cat explained "I used to be a normal cat where my owner is a very sweet filly. We loved each other to death and we did many things together."

"Does that include being very vicious towards anypony, rebelling against your owner and not giving a care for any bad deed you do?"

"Which cat would be in the right mind to do such horrible things!?"

"Good!" Scootaloo chuckled "there's a cat belonging to my best friend's sister called Opalescence who does exactly that. Anyway sorry for interrupting, please continue."

"One day, I was just walking down the street until suddenly..." His mind flashed back to the time where a muscular hoof fell slammed into his entire body, the impact shattering his bones.

"The deed was done quick and I didn't feel any pain..." The cat continued "but I could just hear the last words of my owner. 'Hit by a truck!?' She said, 'You. Are. Lame.' Soon after that, I became... A Yo-Kai."

"Lame!?" The three figures jumped with shock "how horrible!!!"

"I don't believe it!" The cat defended, "she's a very loving pony! She must have her reasons! Though... Even though I did let myself get run over by a truck..."

"Don't say that..." First comforted,

"As long as I can remember, I've been here trying to defeat any heavy and high-speed wagons that cross this intersection in order to become stronger so I can show my owner that I'm nyot lame."

"I see..."

"But..." The cat sighed "it really is nyo use at all... Nyo matter how many times I've tried, I have always failed. I guess I really am kind of lame..."

"Hey you two!" Whisper whispered "now's your chance! See if you can get his hopes up, maybe he can become your friend!"

"Um..." Scootaloo introduced, "my name is Scootaloo and this is my brother First Base. The Yo-Kai following us is called Whisper. Do you have a name?"

"I was given a name by my owner, but I have nyo memory of it anymore..." The cat replied "but some other Yo-Kai started calling me the name Jibanyan. I really like the name, so you can call me that!"

"Well then Jibanyan" Scootaloo started, "from our point of view, I don't think you are lame at all."

"Huh?"

"You've been fighting these large wagons just to impress somepony you love! I don't think that's lame, I think you're brave and determined to face something that neither of us would even do!"

"Really?"

"I'm sure one day, you'll be able to defeat a wagon. Then you'll be able to tell your owner all about it!"

"Th-This is the first time some actually called me brave!"

"Tell you what" First broke in "if you stop inspiriting ponies that cross this intersection just to attack the wagons, then maybe you can uh... Train with us!"

"Don't inspirit ponies while attacking those wagons?" Jibanyan gasped, "I never thought of that!"

"Seriously?" The siblings slouched in shame and embarrassment.

"Hmm..." Jibanyan sighed "maybe it's just because I do it because I really want somepony else to help take them on because I felt lonely." Jibanyan replied "but even though I've talked with other Yo-Kai, I still felt no one was truly with me. Nyopony or Yo-Kai ever complimented or said positive things to me let alone give me support. Now, you two wish to support me and give me motivation, and you're ponies who can see me! I could nyever be more honoured!"

"Oh no," Scoots replied, "the honour is all ours."

"I don't want to inspirit you guys! I want to become friends with you nyaow Scootaloo and First Base! I hope we can stay like this furever and ever!" Jibanyan cried with joy as a blue aura surrounded then separated from him. This blue aura formed into a ball and dissipated to reveal silver medal which floated gently towards Scootaloo and dropped itself into her hooves.

"Amazing!!!" Whisper congratulated "you have just gained a Yo-Kai Medal! This is the symbol and proof that you have a strong bond and friendship with a Yo-Kai!"

"Wow..." Scootaloo examined the medal. One side had the picture of a heart surrounded by a pink colour within the silver frame. The other side had a mosaic-like portrait of Jibanyan.

"Call me anytime whenyever you need help!" Jibanyan replied, "for now, I'll stay here and keep on fighting wagons without inspiriting anyone from now on!"

"Sure thing! Good luck with that!" Scoots waved good-bye then lowered her volume to a whisper "you'll need it."

"Now that we have a Yo-Kai friend, perhaps we can deal with that Yo-Kai on your brother!!!" Whisper suggested "let's go home!"


"Flash?" Scoots called as they entered back into the house "we're back!"

"Argh..." Flash growled and moaned, the stiffness and pain on his shoulders were getting worse and worse as Ake continued on kicking him harder and harder.

"Looks like he's too distracted in his pain to notice you two." Whisper analysed, "if this continues, Flash's may be rendered helpless! He won't be a soldier anymore."

"Then we'd better stop Ake now!" Scootaloo replied with a determined face, "oy! You there!" She called out to Ake,

"Huh?" The Yo-Kai turned his green spherical head to face the the two kids "you can see me? That's impossible! No pathetic pony could ever see me!"

"Actually we can" First replied, "you see, we've got this watch that we can-"

"Save your talk!" Ake rudely interrupted "I'm not interested!"

"Ake, can you please stop kicking our brother?" Scoots asked nicely "he can't take your pain any much longer!"

"No!" Ake refused, "I don't care if he's your brother! I'm going to kick this stallion all I want and I won't stop until I'm satisfied!"

"Listen!" First growled "if you're going to kick anypony's shoulders, kick mine! I'd rather have stiff shoulders than to see by Big Brother feel that pain!"

"But you said you didn't want stiff shoulders this morning though..." Scootaloo mumbled to herself,

"Meh, you're not bland enough. I'm fine with my target!"

"Welp, there goes negotiation" Whisper sighed, "you know what that means,"

"Ake, this is your last warning. Leave Flash alone, or we will make you" Scootaloo threatened,

"Oh yeah? And what can you do to me?" Ake taunted,

"Now's the time!" Whisper replied, "call Jibanyan!"

"H-How?" First asked, "I mean, we have befriended him but how can we call him?"

"Calling and summoning your Yo-Kai friends is the second feature of the Yo-Kai Watch. Put out the lens like before. Only this time, you should focus on the actual clock." The siblings found out that there is some kind of opening in the protective transparent layer covering the clock face and hands.

"That is the slot for Yo-Kai medals" Whisper introduced "all you need to do is insert the medal into the slot. Every Yo-Kai medal has an arrow that normally appears at the top part of the medal, insert it in that direction. Got it?"

"I understand now" Scootaloo nodded,

"Good. Now try it out!"

"Go for it Sis!" First cheered.

"Here goes nothing..." Scootaloo took a deep breath and began her first summoning,

"Come on out my friend!" She flashed the silver-pink medal from before and flipped it into the air.

"Calling Jibanyan!" Scootaloo then caught the spinning medal, ready to insert it into the watch.

"Yo-Kai Medal, do your thing!" With a swift movement, Scootaloo inserts the medal into the slot and the clock hands appeared on top of the medal where Jibanyan's face is, spinning in opposite directions and increasing in speed

"Summoning, Charming!" A voice cried out as Scootaloo held the watch high in the air with the clock face emitting a large pink beam. in the Pink Beam, a familiar figure started to appear, doing a dance.

"Alarming! Boom Boom! Walla Walla, Dance dance! Charming!" An upbeat and catchy chant echoed in unision with Jibanyan's dance.

"Jibanyan!" Jibanyan yelled with a finishing pose, before landing face flat on the floor with a large lump on his head.

"Woah!" First gaped, "what happened?"

"I was in the middle of my training against the wagons. After I got hit, I heard your voice and I got sucked into that portal that led me here to you."

"You see, unlike most monster catching shows, Yo-Kai have their own daily activities and itineraries. There's a high chance that if you summon your Yo-Kai friends, you interrupt something that they could be doing."

"We may be friends, but can I least have some privacy?" Jibanyan moaned and yawned,

"S-Sorry about that... But we can use your help right now. Perhaps you can help deal with Ake?"

"Why is he so tired all the time except when fighting wagons?" First asked,

"He's a cat. Of course he slouches and sleeps all day" Whisper sighed,

"Hmm..." First had an idea "hey Jibanyan, if you help us out, perhaps we can give you..." And from his school saddlebag, he pulled out a chocolate bar "...this?" Jibanyan gasped in delight,

"Is that a Choco Bar!?" Jibanyan energetically stood up, swiped the Choco Bar and began devouring it "it's my favourite food of all time! How did you even know!?"

"Oh..." First jumped with surprise "that's good to know!"

"Alright then, I'll seal my part of the deal!" Jibanyan growled as he leapt towards Ake, "take this you shoulder-kicking brat! Paws of Fury!" Jibanyan unleashed a flurry of punches with every meow he cries. Ake was caught off-guard while taunting and was blown back by the Cat's paws.

"Awesome! Jibanyan's a really powerful Yo-Kai!" Scoots watched with amazement.

"Enough enough! I submit! I submit!" Ake surrendered. As Jibanyan finally relented with a hiss, Ake stood up and bowed.

"I can never thank you enough!" Ake replied "this is the first time someone has ever done something good to me!"

"Wait... What?" First tilted his head in confusion.

"You see, my shoulders were painful and that's normally why I'm so agitated!" Ake explained "but you gave me a nice shoulder massage Jibanyan!"

"It turns out Ake has a shoulder pain himself." Whisper realised "no wonder he causes pain to others."

"You ponyfolk are very nice to me, even when I'm causing harm to your Older Brother. Please forgive me, I'll stop kicking him from now on."

"Thank you very much!" First bowed back "it means a lot to us, he's also a friend like he is as a brother!"

"Friend huh..." Ake wondered "Can I also be your friend too?"

"Hmm..." Scootaloo wondered "okay then! We'll forgive you, let's be friends!"

"Yay!" Ake jumped for joy as a familiar blue aura surrounded him. Scootaloo smiled as another silver medal gently floated into her possession. Unlike Jibanyan's medal, it had a semi-mosaic picture of Ake at the front, and the picture of a creepy evil smile surrounded by a blue colour on the other side.

"Call me anytime when you need my help!" Ake waved goodbye as he disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. When he was gone, Flash immediately stopped groaning, realising that his shoulder pain was completely gone.

"Flash!" First ran over "are you all right? Are your shoulders better?"

"What happened? I feel like the pain has lifted off me in an instant!" Flash asked,

"Don't worry Flash" Scootaloo comforted "it's like you said, a good night's rest will definitely help calm your bones! You just need to be patient."

"I guess you're right" Flash smiled "forgive me if I sounded too harsh and demotivated yesterday night and now, and thank you for your concern."

"It's okay, we're your younger siblings. Your closest friend, and we love you to bits. Which reminds me, don't you have work?"

"Ah yes, although it may be mentally painful, I shall persevere. Thank you for your ease and comfort, I shall head Downtown straight away." And with that, Flash galloped out of the door.

"So..." Whisper started as Flash left the house "this is the nature of Yo-Kai. They will mostly if not always, inspirit many ponies when they have the chance, and can end up causing the pony to perform out-of-ordinary activities and emotions. Do you understand now?"

"Well I'll say one thing, it's really hard to believe Yo-Kai such as you, Jibanyan and Ake exist!" Scootaloo replied,

"Oh no" Whisper chuckled "there are more Yo-Kai than just us three. Neighpon is enriched with many types of Yo-Kai, and as part of Equestria is now populated by the Neighponese, the Yo-Kai too inhabits the entire of Springdale."

"B-But... What if we don't want to see the Yo-Kai???" First asked, "I think we'd be just fine if we forgot that you existed!"

"Oh come on! That's a bit rude to say to your butler and your Yo-Kai friends!" Whisper sighed "besides, it's too late to turn back now."

"Huh!? What do you mean!?" Scootaloo jumped in shock,

"The moment both of you peered into the lens of the Yo-Kai Watch... No, when you released me from that rock. The Yo-Kai Watch and the ability to see Yo-Kai are now a part of you foals forever."

"Oh no..."

"Don't worry! You can always call upon your Yo-Kai friends and as your butler, I will always protect you!"

"You weren't much help back then to be honest..." First spoke in embarrassment, breaking Whisper's cool.

"I-I gave you that watch you know!!!" Whisper defended "anyway, the problems that Yo-Kai cause via possession or illogical business can be seen as small Daily annoyances to Ponies. But when left unchecked, they can grow into big detrimental problems, which can affect a local community or even an entire city or land!"

"Wait" Scootaloo broke in "did you just say that out-of-place Yo-Kai activity left unchecked can cause problems for the City?"

"Yes?"

"T-Then that means..." First gasped "could they be the reason behind these 'Paranormal occurrences'? The reason why Flash was ordered to investigate these cases? The reason why we are living in Springdale!?"

"Specifically, I'm not sure... But since there are countless types of Yo-Kai, they can accomplish the strangest things that can drive the Ponies to question. If Equestria decides to send one of their guards to investigate the 'abnormal behaviour' of this town. It is very likely that this behaviour is caused by Yo-Kai."

"So..." Scootaloo pieced it together "if we can solve Flash's case and close this investigation to a success, then we can go back to Ponyville!"

"Oh! So you foals are actually from Equestria!? You're foreigners!" Whisper exclaimed with surprise,

"Thanks for putting it bluntly," First grumbled,

"But as something trivial and small can cause a big problem to the Princesses, is there a way to stop the Yo-Kai from causing these problems?" Scootaloo continued,

"Simple! All you just have to do is befriend these Yo-Kai like you did with Jibanyan and Ake! Not only will they behave, they can also come to your side whenever you call them. Forging these bonds of friendship can allow you to summon even the most powerful Yo-Kai ever known in existence!" Whisper answered,

"Wow... So if we befriend a certain Yo-Kai, that Yo-Kai can use it's powers to inspirit somepony else?" First asked with interest,

"Even other Yo-Kai too!"

"So we can control these 'paranormal occurrences' if we befriend all the Yo-Kai here." Scootaloo grinned "I like the sound of that,"

"Oy! Don't use Yo-Kai for your own personal gain!" Whisper scolded "that is an abuse of friendship! Yo-Kai have their own lives to lead, you can't control them!"

"Okay okay, chill out Whis," First calmed, "nice nickname, don't you think?"

"but anyway, I can tell you one thing..." Whisper eerily laughed, "from here on out, your lives as well as the lives of others, will never be the same ordinary life you once knew..." The two ponies gulped in fear as they stared at the mysterious Yo-Kai Watch.

"Yo-Kai Watch huh? I feel like we just trotted into the most strangest thing..." Scootaloo started,

"... That we never, EVER should have encountered" First finished "what strange horrors did we get ourselves into? And what will happen later on down the road?"

Author's Note:

Note: Scootaloo's watch has a different colour and design as listed above, but will be taking after the shape of Katie Forester/Fumika Kodami's watch in the games.