• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 1,485 Views, 72 Comments

Yo-Kai Watch: The mystery of Springdale - Tythen



There has been strange occurrences in the newly populated 'town' of Springdale, Idaho and Flash was tasked to investigate it. His younger siblings however, stumbled upon it by accident and were thrown into the mystical world of Yo-Kai.

  • ...
3
 72
 1,485

Chapter 7-5: Something Precious (The Aftermath)

Two young foals lay asleep upon a smooth bench top, a calm wind lulling them with it's breeze. The sound of chirping birds humming a tune politely disturbed the slumbering mind of the foal, causing him to open his eyes.

"Guh... Huh! What? Where now?" First sat up, desperately looking around for any oncoming threats. All around him, there was no dark or looming creature to be seen, or rather, there was no longer a blue ghostly atmosphere. Just clear blue skies, green calm hills, pretty flower beds, and the orange filly beside him, who's snores shatter the peaceful atmosphere.

"For the love of Luna Scoots," First sighed in disappointment, nudging his sister, "you really need to stop snoring. Wait..." Turning back to his sleeping sister once again, First couldn't believe what he saw and felt once again. His sister, with four legs, her small wings, her tail, her body completely physical instead of ghostly, sleeping peacefully in the calm winds.

"Scoots!" First exclaimed, "OH MY CELESTIA!!!" He shook his sister back and forth with tears of joy, "you're alive! You're back in your body!"

"Ugh stop shaking me First..." Scootaloo grumbled, "Five more minutes... And I'm not snoring." She took a deep yawn as she stretched her legs.

"Wait..." Scootaloo halted her stretch, "I can't feel my claws anymor-- A HOOF!" Scootaloo yelled as she jumped up in shock, "my face! My colour, my legs!"

"Welcome back to your corporeal body sis." First tightly hugged his sister, "I missed you so much..."

"O-Okay then... I h-honestly thought I was dead back then... Now can you get off me?" Scootaloo gasped, First's grip squeezing the air out of her.

"Sorry." First relented with an apology, "guess I'm still an attached annoyance to you huh?"

"Not really." Scootaloo smiled as she checked her mane and hair, "but it's strange. How did I get my body back?"

"I don't know either. Can I check something?" First asked, ruffling through his sister's head. A big ugly scar and scalp replaced the spot where the red river once flowed, the wound which cost the filly her life.

"Well? What happened there?"

"It's what killed you back then. There's a big scar on it."

"Ah don't worry, I'll tell Flash it was an accident. Maybe we'll talk about how I got back into my body later. Where are we?"

"Hmm..." First looked around, "it looks really peaceful, but I've never seen anything like this in Springdale, unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Oh no..." First stopped his track of thinking, "this place. This place! This isn't Springdale at all! Scoots, look over there!"

"Where?" Scootaloo pointed towards the direction of First's finger, and gasped loudly when she saw a familiar house nestled upon a top of a tree, safely fenced in, and a ladder leading to it's entrance.

"The tree house of the Cutie Mark Crusaders." First replied, "we're back in Ponyville. And it doesn't look like we're in the trial any longer!"

"Come on!" Scootaloo grabbed First's hand, "why don't we go in? Maybe we can find Sweetie and Applebloom!"

"No fair! When can I visit MY friends?"

"Because Button and Pipsqueak do not visit the tree house frequently, as well as not being crusaders, and Rumble lives in Cloudsale!" Scootaloo answered,

"Okay okay, point taken, let's go." First sighed as they climbed their way into the entrance.


Disappointed that there were no fillies to welcome their presence into the tree house, the siblings were definitely not unaware of a new presence: A purple mirror looking exactly like Mirapo, hanging at the end of the one-room hallway.

"Did you decorate the tree house before you left?" First asked,

"Not at all..." Scootaloo replied as they trotted up close to peer at the mirror, their reflection peering back. "It looks like Mirapo. You think the trial is over?"

"Scoots!" A southern voice called from behind. The siblings stared in disbelief when two fillies trotted up to them, staring at the mirror like they are, "It's good to see you again!"

"Applebloom! Sweetie Belle!" Scootaloo turned around ready to embrace their best friends, only to find out that no one was standing behind them.

"But how?" Scooaloo asked as she turned back to the mirror, her two best friends continuing to smile at them. With another three foals joining in the picture.

"Long time no see pal." Button mashed waved,

"How have you been?" Rumble asked,

"We're doing great!" Pipsqueak replied,

"What's going on here, how are we talking to you, when you're not here, and only on the mirror?" Scootaloo demanded, a look of confusion.

"You seem really discouraged Scoots, what happened?" Applebloom asked,

"It's... It's nothing..."

"You're our best friend! Why must we be kept secret of the pain you've gone through?" Sweetie Belle replied, "after all, you've sent us so many letters about you and your brothers in Springdale, it would be unfair for us not to talk!"

"It's a long way between Ponyville and Springdale, but let me tell you right now, how much we've been through ever since you've left us." Rumble replied,

"It's very lonely." Button explained, "very lonely."

"You're always lonely Button..." First replied, "staying in your room all day playing games."

"Why don't you come out and hang with us for a change? Instead of visiting the arcades most of the time." Pipsqueak asked, with the group laughing away,

"Whatever," Button snapped, "the thing is, we normally thought that going to Springdale would be a pain for you, that you would miss your entire life here in Ponyville, you would miss us all."

"But to tell you the truth," Rumble continued, "I think it's us missing you guys, hoping that one day you'll clear whatever job your brother has, and that you'll come back to us."

"We did feel jealous seeing you spending time with your new friends as you've shown us with your letters and photos." Sweetie Belle replied, "I wish that I could join you."

"But there were a few things that yer letter also told us to do." Applebloom replied, pulling out a recent parchment that Scootaloo sent just two days ago, "y'all kept on sayin' that you've always been thinking back upon our memories since we first met and formed the CMC, travellin' and doing lots of crazy stuff together, and that's what's pullin' you through Springdale, and how you've managed to make new friends because of it. Not to mention rootin' fer us to continue our lives with yourselves in mind."

"I guess maybe all that soldier code and moral things are actually helpful for something." Pipsqueak replied, "maybe the guards that we know miss their best friends and family too."

"Oh you wouldn't believe it." Scootaloo replied, "you're pretty much talking about our older brother right now."

"So we thought that we should return the same message back to you, should you ever fall in trouble." Button Mash replied,

"You guys..." First spoke,

"Like you guys, we'll be sure to remember the times we've spent together as good friends." Rumble spoke, "and like you guys, we should also root for you too! So go for it! Face every adversity that you encounter, and think of us!"

"No matter where you are, we've got your back." Button spoke,

"My spirit shall be with you always! In life or even in death!" Pipsqueak vowed,

"Yer mah best friend Scootaloo." Applebloom replied, "ah feel guilty fer not writin to you after all you've written to us. Shows me how much ya love us."

"So whatever you do Scoots, don't lose faith!" Sweeite Belle encouraged, "whatever you're doing in your missions, I want you to help your brother in the best way possible! I believe that you and your brother can do it!"

"No matter where you guys go." Pipsqueak spoke, as the images of themselves began fading away, though all managing to put their hooves upon the siblings' shoulders, "We'll always back you up! Best friends for eternity, in this life, and where ever we go after that!"


"Scoots!" Another familiar pony galloped up to the mirror, "my goodness, thank Celestia and Tsukuyomi that I was able to talk to you!"

"Nate!" The siblings gasped at the sight of their red-shirt wearing friend, "how could you... How did you get to Ponyville?"

"So glad that we're able to catch up!" Three other foals caught up. One big earth pony, one headphone wearing unicorn, and light pink unicorn with a white jacket, galloping up to meet them.

"Katie, Eddie and Bear too." First added,

"Don't forget us!" A few more ponies galloped up,

"And Alex, Sarah, Meg and Lucas."

"Hey listen, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you all this time." Nate started, "I'm not sure if I've repeated myself, but I just want to let you know, how lucky I've been to be your next door neighbour, a classmate, and your best friend thereafter. Especially at tough times with your family, and the case you've been following."

"I wish I could be of help to you as you were to us." Katie added, "I know I'm not like your friends back home in Ponyville, and I know that I'm not a good replacement for them either, but let me just say how happy I am to have met you. Spending so much time with you guys, it makes me feel welcome here in Equestria, and I hope that one day, I can step out of Springdale one day, hoping that I can meet many ponies like you."

"Listen, I don't know how it feels to leave your friends behind, especially when moving to an unfamiliar place." Bear started, "without meeting you, I never knew how lucky I am honestly, to have my friends move with me to Equestria together. Listen you two, I don't want this discouraging you, I want to be a good friend like the friends you have back at your home!"

"Exactly." Eddie replied, "and if things do get out of hand for you, please know that we've got your moral support. I mean, being with you in 'spirit' is not going to help at all, but support and motivation is the best I can do, for wherever you go."

"If there's something you should know," Alex jumped in, "is that I would have felt very worse had it not been for the time we met in the Triangle Park. Ever since becoming friends, I've been really learning more about Equestria thanks to you, and it's also thanks to you that I should never give up. I think I should tell you the same!"

"You're a courageous duo you know." Sarah added her remarks, "I've never seen anypony like that. I'm glad that I've met both of you. It's certainly interesting to have foreign friends, but I'm honoured to see that they've been caring."

"I've always found interest in a lot of things. Mysteries, Idols, especially more so since I want to be an Idol myself. The most interesting thing however, was meeting you and with you introducing me to the wide world of Equestria. I've never been so excited to learn all about your culture, but I could have never done it without you. I know it sounds like I'm just using you, but I can't think of anything better than the reasons why I wanted to become friends. Maybe it was the time where we had fun cleaning the park. But regardless, it was fun! And I'm happy to meet somepony popular like you!"

"I've never met a friend like you before." Lucas was the last to speak, "in fact, nopony ever wanted to be my friend because they always thought me as weird. But thanks to you, I've realised that I've got it wrong the whole time. I was my own enemy into thinking that I could never make friends, even with my own fellow classmates. I want to be a friend like you, giving you support. So that's what I'll do! I know that your past can be painful sometimes, but I also know that you can fight through it, be it shame, embarrassment or pain, I will never think of you in anyway but a very strong friend that will have my support as long as I live!"

"Don't get discouraged," Meg replied

"Don't give up hope!" Sarah rooted,

"We'll be there for you!" Alex spoke,

"We believe in you." Katie, Eddie and Bear spoke together,

"I believe in you." Nate finished, as they too, began to fade from view. "I happy that I can share with you, a life that is never normal."


"Why hello there!" An image of Whisper popped up,

"Hey guys! How are you doing?" Jibanyan waved,

"Our Yo-Kai buddies." Scootaloo spoke as a giant horde of very familiar Yo-Kai approached the mirror. One by one, the current,
The image was then replaced by Springdale Friends. Who they too, shared their feelings and motivation, with the same words of fighting your past incidents.

Fifty-Five different Yo-Kai stood in a circle surrounding the siblings in the mirror's reflection, congratulating and praising them for their very strong endeavours through their trial, and gave them their blessings and protection in the future trials wherever they trot next:

Ake, Dazzabel, Heheheel, Undy, Darumacho, Buhu, Moskevil, Cutta-Nah-Nah, Hungramps, Wantston, Grubsnitch, Cadable, Droplette and Slush, Happiere and Dismarelda, Wiglin, Steppa and Rhyth, Leadoni and Mynimo, Komasan and Komajiro, Duchoo and Snotsolong, Hurchin and Coughkoff, Shmoopie and Cupistol, Noway, Blowkade and Ledballoon, Illoo and Elloo, Helmsman, Manjimutt, Roughraff, Peckpocket, Blazion and Quaken, Betterfly, Supicioni and Tantroni, Babblong, Tattletell, Dwanna, Lafalotta, Wazzat and Dummkap, Signibble, Frostina, Tanbo, Castelius III and Fishpicable.

The siblings couldn't believe how much they have progressed through their ever growing friendship with the souls of the departed, as well as how much they care for two ponies still living in this world.

"Thank you..." Scootaloo smiled, "thank you all... Thanks for showing and reminding us, how important we are to you... Because it reminds us that becoming friends with you, led us to perform so many things that we would never think of doing when we first started."

"It has always been an honour." Whisper bowed, "being your butler. Though someday we may part through the passage of time, I will stay by your side, most of the time."

"You've travelled very far in the path you've chosen." Jibanyan replied as he, Whisper and the many Yo-Kai allies began to fade like the previous groups, "but you've still got a long way to go. And as ponies that choose to co-exist with Yo-Kai as friends, will walk with you."

The siblings began to shed a tear as the disappearing Yo-Kai continued saying their goodbyes and good lucks until they were gone completely.


"No way..." The siblings gasped at their next visitor in the mirror.

"Scootaloo... First Base..." Flash greeted with a bow, "I don't know how to describe this, ever since you've told me that you wanted to assist me in the case of the supernatural, I've been feeling nothing but painful and shameful guilt."

"Big bro?"

"I always still thought of you as little siblings that needed the utmost protection, protection from the horrors of war, the things I had to go through to keep the three of us alive. I've just been shown on how foolish I am to think that." Flash bowed his head in disgrace, "A fool to have taken you with me to Springdale, when you had your entire life and joy in Ponyville, a fool to think that you'd be the same siblings I knew from back when we were together, a fool to leave you for the Crystal Empire..."

"No..." Scootaloo touched the mirror, "that's not true at all..."

"I'm sorry..." Flash sobbed, tears streaming from his eyes. "They say that when Royal Guards cry, it is liquid pride, a sense of honour, how proud you are for somepony. I feel nothing of the sort. One accursed mistake after another, and every thing I've done to myself and you, are hounding me to the bitter ends of regret. I don't know how many times to say that I'm sorry, for leaving you, for taking you away, for not being an older brother, for not being the Flash that I used to be... I've lost everything. "

"Flash..." First began to cry, Scootaloo too.

"But... Let tell you one thing, in hopes that it can ease you, or at least myself." He looked back to his siblings in the most sorrowful and tearful state that their brother's ever been. "When I gave you the choice to come to Springdale with me or not, I really hoped that you would come with me. One, I never wanted you to go to that dreaded and damnable place anymore. I've seen what I does, and how tortured you are when I first came back. And Two, I wanted the three of us to become a family once again, to repair what I have broken, or at least start over a new leaf. Being a Lieutenant in the Royal Guard holds nothing precious for me anymore. Though I still have devotion to Shining, I need to give a bigger devotion to both of you. Because I love you, I've always loved you, even when we're apart. Even when I've been sending emotionless reports. As a Royal Guard, my solemn duty is to protect Equestria and their beloved rulers, with my own life if I have to. On the other hand, that would be betraying the most important duty that I have just remembered when it should never be forgotten, protecting what's left of our family, especially both of you."

"..." The siblings listened with heavy sympathy in their hearts, unsure on what they could say.

"But I guess I'm a fool in thinking that I needed to protect you from now on." Flash sarcastically laughed, "look how much you've grown. You've become braver, stronger, a far better fighter than I'll ever be. Because of you working together, you've managed to dive into the case assigned to me, and gone even further to uncover the mysteries within. It shows me how much you have loved your home, our home. It would have been a grim end for me if you never came along. I am fully in your debt."

The next move, Flash stood firm as a Guard, regaining his serious face, and saluted with all his might. "If there can be anything I can do to redeem myself after all I've done to you, it is this. Your mission regarding the Supernatural, your ways to build a friendship with them, as did the Princess and Ladies of Ponyville to their former enemies, I will support you with all my might. What you've learnt as a soldier and as a survivor, I hope you have used these teachings to the fullest if it's the least I can do. And don't be discouraged if you've fallen halfway, or pushed back with terror. As a Royal Guard serving in a war, I too have suffered the pain and horror of events that haunts me till this day. The death of our parents, the ferocity of the enemy. And the sadness of all the sacrifices that has transpired in order to make the world what it is."

"Of... Of course!" First smiled as he saluted back,

"And one final reason why I will support you." Flash continued, his image starting to fade, "I may have said it before, but I'll say it again. I love you. I love you to the fullest, I should have loved you properly before I left for the Crystal Empire, and I hope that you will forgive me for realising this mistake as of now."

"Big Brother..." Scootaloo saluted as their brother disappeared from view. "You have no idea... How much pain we've been through... If it weren't for you. There are things that we owe you as well, even throughout life." She saluted back,

"But that can wait once we fully meet again." First finished, also giving a salute.


But the biggest and last surprise, was the final duo of ponies, that the siblings would have never expected in their lives at all, trotting over to the mirror to give their wonderful regards as the other did before them, two ponies that were the most important in the siblings' life.

"Hello..." A Pegasus mare of brilliant red colour slowly bowed, her glistening and luscious mane of pinkish-purple, gracefully flowing through the air. Opening her purple eyes to meet the siblings eye to eye, after a very, very long time. "My children."

"No... Impossible..." Scootaloo's eyes widened, tears began forming immediately. "Is that really you Mother?"

"A pleasant day to you fine young chaps." The other pony saluted firmly. It was an Earth pony of brilliant yellow, a blue spiky mane similar to Flash, and with ferocious sideburns and beard as his facial features. "I'd hope you'd have grown into somepony strong."

"Father... Dad!" First blurted out, tears streaming from his eyes too.

"This is certainly a predicament." Scarlet chuckled, "to think that I would give birth to two of the most brightest ponies I've known."

"Our own flesh and blood my dear." Ayuvir added, "truly the most sacred gift for a couple."

"Indeed..." Scarlet nodded, a tear rolling down her eye, "but it was a tragedy, that you were unable to see them grow up and observe the path that they trot."

"Life is unpredictable." Ayuvir bowed apologetically, "especially when you are a Guard serving the war. After many years of surviving through mud, murder, and terror, I met the grim fate which many ponies hold fear of, a week after the news of a daughter and son. The cruelness of irony."

"I wish things weren't this way my beloved." Scarlet continued, "your death upon the field, the loss of a husband, and the children without a father. Even worse..." She turned to the children, "I have paid my debt in the most shameful way possible, a broken heart that yearned for her late husband. The pain and anguish she went through as she took care of her fatherless children. I was so pathetic and disgusted with myself, to allow my children to see me, the Crimson Rapier, as weak as a training dummy."

"Mom... Dad..." The siblings cried, holding the mirror, eager to lay hooves upon their parents, but futile as all they could feel was the cold reflective surface on the mirror.

"I was only with you two for one month." Scarlet continued, "a time like this is far too little for a parent to spend time with her little ones. Not to mention how pathetic and tearful I was for those three weeks. I was afraid that you would get the wrong idea that I did not care for you, as you were too young to experience such loss. Then again, you probably would have when I died, as you three became orphans. But I've always wanted to let you know, wishing that I could speak my mind someday."

"I love you my children. I wanted to see you grow, what you become in the future, I wanted to see where life would take you, as it has to us. I want to see you become what you want. The road you have taken. Had it not for these series of unfortunate events, I would have made sure that you were able to achieve your hopes and dreams. That is the only regret I have, as a pony and as a mother."

"I was happy to learn that I had two new children," Ayuvir spoke, "it was all the more important to protect the land of Equestria and their inhabitants all for you." He placed his hoof to his heart, "Sure, I'd miss seeing my beautiful wife once more, I'd miss seeing little Flash jump and try to hug me around my neck and shoulders with that tough grip and electrifying warm embrace, I'd also miss the chance of meeting my new to children for the first time, but I have no regrets. Even if I fell in the fields of war, I fell knowing that I was content with my life as a living pony."

"Mom..." Scootaloo winced, her face completely full of tears now. "Dad... Please!"

"I know that when we'll be gone, thinking about me and your father would bring sadness to the three of you." Scarlet turned back to her children. I implore you, please don't cry, you've got a big life to live for, and I'm sure that the three of you can overcome the mightiest of adversities and sad times, as long as you three are together, and are in a deep connection with each other, and as well as connections of the many friends that I hope you'll make along the way."

" 'A Pony must stand strong in the face of adversity, but not for glory or honour.' " Ayuvir quoted, striking his heart once again, " 'It is for loyalty and love, for our friends, family, and that is what fuels our drive to protect our lands and ponies for those who wish it harm' "

"If there was one chance that I could say something to you," Scarlet finished, her image beginning to fade, "I want both of you to grow big and strong, take care of your stubborn big brother, make lots and lots of friends, don't be picky with your food, and the most important of all, live life long and happy in this mysterious strange world. I love you my dears."

"As do I." Ayuvir bowed, his image fading too, "may we one day meet in person. Be it this life or the next. As of now, I'll be watching over you from above."

"Farewell..." Their voices echoed through the sky as their forms disappear once again. "Scootaloo, First Base, our lovely children."

"..." Scootaloo wiped her tearful eyes, a smile upon her face,

"*Sniff*" First sniffed, sucking up his dripping hot nose.

"Thank you Mum... Dad..." Scootaloo cried, joy in her voice.

"Farewell... Mom... Dad..." First finished, "... For believing in us... Our loving parents..." With the siblings gazing upon the mirror with bittersweet memories, the glass lit up a bright light, engulfing the siblings, ready to complete the trial, for good.


"Congratulations you two." Mirapo greeted them as the siblings, Whisper and Jibanyan opened their eyes to see the Gourd Pond and Museum around them. Life returned to it's noisy yet populated atmosphere. "You've completed the trial. I am truly inspired on how you've ploughed through with each other and your Yo-Kai friends. So are you feeling any better?"

"I can still imagine the dreadful anguish, but nopony wants to imagine how they would die in a Yo-Kai's hands." Scootaloo replied,

"But yes. I'm ready to move on from my fear." First replied, "and I know what to do from here on out."

'Well done you two!" Whisper congratulated, "you got through unscathed!"

"Actually couldn't have done it without both of you to be fair." First answered back with a smile,

"We work together, we die together." Jibanyan saluted,

"But we've still got some unanswered questions Mirapo." Scootaloo replied, "two important things. I died near the end of the trial, and yet I found myself back in my original form once again. What happened?"

"A very brave sacrifice, made by the bravest Yo-Kai I've seen, and a sacrifice that has not been in vain." Mirapo answered, "you may not have understood what transpired, but your friend Mochismo is more powerful than you might have thought. Leaving enough power in his wilting soul for Dulluma to consume and become Darumacho, he the rest of his fleeting life force, hoping that his other energy is enough to save you from your incoporeal fate."

"You mean that blue flame within my Yo-Kai body?" Scootaloo gasped, peering at the location where her heart was, no hole to be seen.

"It also involved a lot upon you. Though you claim that you had a powerful advantage as a Yo-Kai, which believe me, you actually do, the soul within you, your true decision, decided that trading your material life to become a Yo-Kai with fearsome powers, was out of the question. I can assume that you had the feelings of your experiences and your friends from both near and far, as well as your family, alive or passed on, to balance out your decision. Your resolve and decision was enough for Mochismo's power to bring you back to life. It could be just barely, but it worked, and not once in Yo-Kai history, have I seen a Yo-Kai turn back into the living."

"Then I'm truly blessed." Scootaloo replied as she looked to the skies with a prayer, "thank you Mochismo, thank you for being a friend till the bitter end. Thank you for bringing me back to life in trade of your own. Words cannot describe how much I owe you. Don't worry, your words and powers of bravery and courage will continue on in Darumacho. Your soul and willpower will live on in him and us."

"Now the Second question." First asked, "Everything regarding the finale of this trial. Ponyville, the treehouse, all of our friends, not to mention our family, two thirds of them no longer living in this world, what was that?"

"That, was a special reward from me." Mirapo replied, "as I reflect your memories and past back to you, I've observed more than just your trial with Yo-Kai, but your entire life before that." He bowed in repentance, "my apologies regarding privacy, and my condolences for your parents."

"It's alright." Scootaloo answered, "but what about them?"

"A mirror reflects those who gaze onto it. It may be just a physical image, while some may poetically interpret it as spiritual or psychological and all that. My power of that being a mirror is to reach out and reflect upon others. I was able to look upon the reflection of ponies and figures that you have a deep connection with, and what I have shown you in the mirror, are the unspoken and unheard feelings dwelling from within your friends, from the day you met till now."

"So this wasn't a ploy to make us feel better." First nodded,

"Exactly. This is what they truly think about you, whoever they are, wherever they are. And if you want to know why your parents are there, when they have already left this realm... These are their memories when they were still living. To be specific, the time when both of you were conceived and the word has passed to your father, till the time he gave up his life in order to stop the war. As for your mother, the time duration is only a bit longer than your Father's, as she too died tragically of a broken heart. All these memories of their feelings were about you and for you."

"To think that... After all this... That we'd get something like this in the end."

"I'm sorry for bringing back such painful memories if you feel troubled." Mirapo apologised, "to put you through this terror."

"Hey, you just had to do your job." First comforted, "and we decided to go with it, knowing our lives are on the line. I'm just happy to see that we've gotten or remembered something precious on why we went through this. You've done exactly what we wanted Mirapo, and nopony could ever do what you showed us. It's all the more reason... That Pony and Yo-Kai should co-exist."

"You have very charming hearts both of you." Mirapo bowed, "no wonder why you have these very caring friends all around you two. This is how such determination can push you to the end. If only Venoct could understand the same way."

"Oh yeah, he said he took the trial too and succeeded."

"Alone." Mirapo continued, "he did everything alone. He went through his past with nopony to help him, only his vengeance. When he got through, he was determined to slay the monster that took everything from him, and now he wants to protect Yo-Kai. How can he if nopony would allow him to protect them?"

"I knew it... Venoct's doing this alone." Scootaloo replied, "the Resistance of Enma is only made up of one member. Him and himself only."

"So he really did need us to in order to stand a chance!"

"Nah, I'd take a wager that he would be stubborn enough to fight on his own."

"From what I've reflected in him. All he's ever cared about was just pure vengeance and the thirst to conquer what he so pleases, or what he was told to do, as Lord Enma had entrusted him with. All he ever did though, was focus on McKraken and anypony affiliated with him, for or against." Mirapo explained,

"What do you think then?" Scootaloo asked, "are you alright with McKraken trying to control the Yo-Kai World?"

"I chose to stay neutral in this situation as did many others, as it really had nothing to do with us. Although he may have his tentacles over the World, he wasn't doing any sort of harm. I for one, would even turn a blind eye to the Ponies if McKraken just so happened to attack. I was wrong in choosing so."

"Why the change of heart?" First asked,

"It's because of Ponies who have acknowledged our existence, allowing us ways to see our mistakes, and offering bonds of friendship. Ponies like you, who has come so far over the two months of coming here. As does the many Yo-Kai you've met, please accept my medal as a token of my respect." Making a spitting sound, he presented his saliva-covered medal to the group.

"Th-Thanks..." Scootaloo smiled uncomfortably, irked by the sticky saliva as she picked it up.

"My powers are not limited to mere reflection of the soul, but I am able to travel great distances through the interference of space. Heck, I can even transport those who enter my mirror, and spit them back out to another place, near or far.

"You mean, like teleporting and warping?" Scootaloo gasped with delight,

"Exactly." Mirapo nodded, "and now that we're talking about Venoct, why don't we move to someplace where you can think properly?"

"Sure..." First nodded, "do you think it will be alright? Is it dangerous?"

"Well, if you find the feeling of being sucked into a mirror uncomfortable, that's pretty much the problem. Otherwise, there will be no physical or mental damage. You have my word."

"What do you think Whisper?"

"Completely safe!" Whisper agreed, "it would save a lot of travel time!"

"Okay then, you're on Mirapo. Warp us to your destination!" Scootaloo commanded,

"Very well... Slurrrp!" With a slurping sound, Mirapo's mirror face turned white like before, only this time, there was no blinding and engulfing light. Rather, he became somewhat like a vacuum cleaner, sucking up the siblings and Yo-Kai companions without any effort, and absorbed them completely.


A lone temple sat on a peaceful area in Blossom Heights, the entrance marking the namesake of this temple 'Shoten'. The interior was well painted and preserved with brown soft wood, its interior adorned by various statues of spiritual pony entities, and various dragons. On one corner of the room, Mirapo teleported through veil of smoke, and as his mirror face shone white again, he spat out his passengers in a crumpled and confused heap.

"This is Shoten Temple." Mirapo introduced as his bright face returned to normal. "Thank you for taking Mirapo's Warping system!"

"So... We're here to meditate?"

"Something like that." Mirapo replied, "I'd figure that you'd need the time to rethink things now that your fear is gone and your mind is set. You can properly make the choice here whether you want to join this dangerous cause or not."

"Alright then..." Scootaloo complied as she plopped down onto the polished floor. "Let's talk First. Like you said, we went into this together, we discuss and decide together."

"Understood sis." First nodded, sitting down.

"May we join in?" Jibanyan asked,

"Sure. After all, you two have been joining us through thick and thin, despite not being that involved most of the time." Scootaloo welcomed,

"So..." Whisper started, "after everything we have done for Yo-Kai. What do you think?"

"I have pity for Venoct." First answered, "Tragic past, estranged personality. Plus, if we've decided a long time ago that we'll see Yo-Kai with our own eyes and the Watch, we might as well go all the way."

"How messed up is the Yo-Kai world right now?" Scootaloo asked, "Because from the looks of it, every Yo-Kai we've seen aren't concerned or anything really."

"Political matters aren't much of a concern for Yo-Kai, especially when there's nothing that is affecting them in a bad way, nor are they interested in the benefits the leading party brings." Whisper replied, "so to be blunt, nopony cares."

"So they don't want to be affiliated with any of this?"

"Pretty much." Jibanyan answered, "like me. I'm not a stickler on who's leading the Yo-Kai or not, I'm just interested in fighting trucks for my owner!"

"Hold it..." First halted the conversation, an epiphany resonating in his mind. "So why are you following us Jibanyan?"

"Because you're my best friends and I love you!"

"Even if we're Ponies?"

"My best friend was my owner when I was still alive, and I was normal cat then!"

"First, what are you getting with all of this?" Scootaloo asked,

"Sorry, might have presented the wrong idea." First replied, "Let me talk about it all from the start."


1) Yo-Kai have migrated to Equestria a long time ago. This was led by Lord Enma, a powerful Yo-Kai who wants to unify Pony and Yo-Kai together, who travelled there for a reason.

2) He however, was unable to see his goals achieved before his passing, and it was never mentioned to anypony

3)...


"Umm..." First stopped his track of explanation, "I was wondering. When Lord Enma was still around, did his subjects listen to him?"

"Adored him greatly! He has fearsome power, yet a kind heart, everypony respects him entirely!" Whisper answered,

"I see... Then I assume when he died, there was nopony else that could be his replacement?"

"Pretty much."

"Then that's all I needed to know." First replied and continued,


3) When Lord Enma died, the Yo-Kai no longer had a king they could follow, and nopony was able to replace them. With that, they began to lose their faith in their monarchy.

4) But now that there was nopony for them to listen to, they just began doing things by their own selves. Coming out of their World to the Pony world, and inspiriting unsuspecting Ponies to their hearts content like the cheeky mischievous jerks they are today. That doesn't mean they can do EVERYTHING. Any malicious intent to terrorise Ponies are barred from doing so with Lord Enma's seals and powers left behind.


"Sorry to interrupt but..." Scootaloo interrupted, "If they can control the environment, invoke wrong emotions and wrong times, or play all sorts of dumb jokes on the Ponies just to have fun, doesn't that still count as being terrorised?"

"I don't know the exact details what the seals are warding off specifically!" First retorted, "Anyway..."


5) All that changed when Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon, and clashed with her older sister Princess Celestia. Their conflict seemed to have sparked a fear within the Yo-Kai and thus has gone into hiding. Since it's Princess Celestia and Luna, I can imagine their powers affecting more than just the ponies the environment. Unbeknown to the Princesses, the Yo-Kai that they driven to hiding, is collateral damage."


"I want to add something else!" Whisper pointed out, "I wasn't sealed during the time of that civil war. I may not have remembered everything, but I was fairly certain, that not only did it cause us to flee and hide, it destroyed everything that Springdale had."

"Wait! You mean there were ponies living in Springdale at that time?" Scootaloo gasped, "it wasn't a barren wasteland to begin with?"

"It was quiet, but it was peaceful." Whisper answered, "and then it was all destroyed before our eyes. Only the giant sacred tree remained standing. Everything else? Decimated."

"I... See..." First stopped to take a big breath from the deep influx of information. "Springdale wasn't a wasteland in the first place."


6) But that doesn't mean it's over. Some wanted to wreak revenge on them, to fight back. That's when multiple Yo-Kai parties decided to scour and claim the throne in order to return the favor for this unwanted exodus, with additional damage if need be. One such Yo-Kai goes by the name of McKraken, and he's currently on the throne. Regardless however, nopony seemed to care as they have already lost faith...

7) But somewhere along the way, Yo-Kai began returning to the Pony world bit by bit, and when Celestia allowed the Neighponese to come and develop Springdale to their heart's content, it gave satisfaction to the Yo-Kai that they were able to see the Ponies who had a wide knowledge or even believed in them come to where they have gone, and began walking with Ponykind once again!

8) But that didn't stop McKraken from changing his mind. He still wanted to take down the Ponies, and how much would he have progressed when he planned all these things for a thousand years?"

9) But there are a few dampers for him: Venoct and his singular resistance of Enma. Venoct still held loyalty to the late king, and has carried it for a very long time.

Then there was Enma's vision of unifying Yo-Kai and Ponies together, and the only way to make that happen was to destroy the most important barrier: Seeing and believing. As Ponies, even the Princesses included, are unable to see Yo-Kai because of their nature as ghosts. Though only a select few, whether by ability, disease, etc. Lord Enma had to fix that, but he was already dead. However, there was a pony who was able to develop the device that would rock both worlds, to finally break a hole separating those two races. The Yo-Kai Watch, the watch can permanently uncover Yo-Kai to a Pony's naked eyes, when their eyes peer through the looking glass of the lens, straight into the targeted Yo-Kai.

Since there were still a few who believed in Enma's ideals, they wanted to come up with a design in order to replicate them. It's possible that McKraken has gotten a whiff of this, and ordered those who attempted to make them destroyed. Luckily one survived when it went into Whisper's Possession, and that it was sealed with him 190 years ago.


"And here we are..." First finished, "fighting McKraken and his forces indirectly thanks to Sproink, Massiface, and his attempts to control Ms Frost."

"That's a really well-thought synopsis." Scootaloo applauded, "well done!"

"There's still things left unanswered." First continued, "I still want to get full information on the why. Was Springdale really destroyed by the Princesses? What happened to those who tried to make the Watches, and when was the first watch made?"

"Perhaps we can ask Venoct when we meet him again." Scootaloo suggested,

"Excuse me!!!" A baby voice echoed with complaint throughout the room, "can you keep the noise down!?"

"Wh-Who's that?" The group looked around with surprise at the new voice.

"Over here!" The sound emanated from a Crystal Ball upon one of the corners of the temple.

"A crystal ball?" Scootaloo asked, the entire group surrounding the mentioned item.

"Haven't your parents ever told you that you shouldn't make so much noise in a sacred place like a temple? I was having my beauty sleep!"

"Talking Crystal Ball? Must be a Yo-Kai." Scootaloo devised, pulling out the Watch and scanning the Crystal Ball. Through the lens, the crystal ball turned to be a smaller crystal ball, on top of the head of a baby green dragon with yellow eyes, a tuft of red hair and a red-white bib.

"Well this is new." The dragon spoke, "to think Ponies are able to find me and see me!"

"Aww!" First crouched down to meet face to face, "you're so cute!"

"Watch it bucko! A-choo!" Draggie sneezed, a small puff of fire came out through his mouth and nostrils. "I maybe a baby, but I'm a dragon!"

"But that sneeze makes it even more adorable!" Scootaloo replied, "now where are my manners. My name is Scootaloo, and this is my little brother First Base. These are our Yo-Kai companions Whisper and Jibanyan! What's your name?"

"I'm Draggie." Draggie greeted, "I'm part of the large family of Spirit Dragons that are mighty and majestic."

"A Dragon Yo-Kai?" First asked, "do you also have any ties to the living dragons?"

"When you die as a dragon, you immediately become part of the Spirit Dragon Family, regardless of what type of dragon you are." Draggie explained, "so what brings you here?"

"Just for some recuperation and proper thinking for our life decisions."

"Well I have almost all eternity. Perhaps you can let me in on your spiel?"

"Well," the group looked at each other, "why not? You're a young chap, maybe you can understand."

"I'm older than you two ponies." Draggie pouted, his claws upon his hips in a sassy look,

"Well, you know we have the Yo-Kai Watch right? It allows us to see Yo-Kai with our own eyes."

"Yeah."

"Now, there's the concern about some evil Yo-Kai that are planning to invade Springdale, terrorise ponies, possibly overthrow the monarchy."

"Ooh, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. You want to protect your town right?"

"Of course!" First nodded, "our lives are on the line too! Ponykind could be under threat, right beneath their very noses!"

"You seem confident in doing this. So why the big thinking?"

"Well, maybe we're not THAT confident. Especially when we've been asked by another Yo-Kai to help fight this war."

"You mean Venoct? He's a powerful Yo-Kai that one, but he's not one for making buddies with."

"I gathered as much." Scootaloo replied, "as Ponies, we'd be eager to help others, even Yo-Kai! But... We're talking about the entire Yo-Kai race. Do you think that what we'll be doing, will be beneficial to all?"

"Hmm..." Draggie gave it some thought, clear snot hanging from his nose. "Well, I understand that Yo-Kai are entitled to their own opinions. I know a big majority are fine with the things they are, and are tired of another attempt of conquering the throne, but there are others who really are opposed to whoever's currently ruling. My daddy never told me his name, as it's forbidden in the family."

"Sounds harsh."

"Not only that, we're a family that has a very strong relationship to the late Lord Enma, and we too, share his sentiments, beliefs and visions."

"You mean you want Ponies and Yo-Kai to co-exist?"

"Of course!" Draggie smiled, "after all, just because one thing becomes another thanks to the passing of a life, doesn't mean we can cooperate. Ponies need the power of Yo-Kai, while Yo-Kai need the power of ponies in return. We have the opportunity to work in harmony, and as such, it can truly work wonders, achieving the impossible for both races, and take down all evil! That is what my father said."

"You... Agree with us? That ponies and Yo-Kai can co-exist?"

"Of course!" Draggie held the filly's hoof, "Yo-Kai are the ones that want to co-exist with Ponies first. And... Now that ponies like you have acknowledged our existence... It makes me even happier that you also want the two races to co-exist!"

"Hmm..." Scootaloo smiled, "you're right. We certainly do. Thanks Draggie. I think you've helped us a lot in our decision on what we should do."

"Then let me help!" Draggie volunteered, "everypony still calls me a child, but I want to help Enma's vision come true! All the adults seem to carry this burden. Let the young ones help too!"

"You want to help us Draggie?" First asked, "then sure! We can work together!"

"Yay! Thank you! My new first Pony Best Buddies!" Draggie jumped for joy as he began glowing. The glowing light left the kid dragon and concentrated itself into a medal.

"This is your medal Draggie." Scootaloo showed the little dragon. "I'm sure we can work together."

"We will!" Draggie nodded, "unfortunately, I live here, so I can't be with you very often. I need to guard the place and all... Such a boring task if you ask me."

"Well, I know some who do it for a living, and for honour." Scootaloo chuckled, "anyway, I think we've thought about this enough. Is that okay with you guys?" The males replied with a firm nod.

"Very well," Mirapo spoke up, "do you want me to return you back to your home?"

"Thanks for the offer Mirapo, but I think we'll go by hoof. Too much Yo-Kai powers for one day. I'd just like to breathe the fresh air."

"Very well then, farewell." Mirapo waved goodbye,

"Wait!" Draggie called,

"Yes Draggie?" First asked,

"There's something I need to know." Draggie asked, "do you guys happen to be Equestrian?"

"That's very sharp of you! How do you know?"

"When a life passes away to become a Yo-Kai, they may not receive a lot of their memories of how it happened. However, there's this inkling of memory I still have within me. As a baby dragon, I felt like I have a very big tie to Equestria. I also remember a name ringing in my mind."

"And it is?"

"Spike. That's all I know."

"Spike?" The two siblings looked at each other with astonishing faces, surely he didn't mean that purple baby Dragon that is Twilight's assistant!

"Do you know this Spike?"

"I know he's a dragon like me. Possibly alive and kicking I'd wager!"

"Hmm... We'll get back to you when we find out." Scootaloo fibbed, "see you then!"

"Good luck on your endeavours!" Draggie waved good bye, "and best of luck to whatever path you choose!"


Leaving the temple, the sun was beginning to set, and the skies grew tired, ready to become the night. Though it was a peaceful trot, things were still troubling the filly's mind.

"You know, you did bring up a good synopsis." Scootaloo replied, "but what does that have to do with our decision?"

"Hmm... Now that I think back about it... I really have no idea?"

"For starters, I know that fighting with Venoct to defend Springdale is going to put a lot of ease to the Yo-Kai and Ponies, with the possibility of closing Flash's case for good, but we seemed to derail the cause to now co-existing with Yo-Kai. Why is that?"

"If I may speak my mind." Whisper replied, "the two of you have been nothing but marvels in dealing with Yo-Kai. You two have shown a lot of the Yo-Kai race, that Ponies know of your existence, even if it was meant to be a secret. Because of you, I believe that Yo-Kai are having second thoughts on what they want to do with Ponies. I can guarantee that the Yo-Kai you've befriended are incredibly supportive on you, and would wish for co-existence."

"Hmm... Fair point..." First chuckled,

"... You Yo-Kai sure are sly." Scootaloo smiled,

"I don't understand. I haven't done something bad now... Have I?"

"Naw, it's natural for Yo-Kai." Scootaloo replied, "they always love to inspirit others, and cause them to act as the Yo-Kai themselves. Well, I think with the many Yo-Kai combined, I could pretty much say all of you have inspirited us to co-exist with you guys in harmony."

"Poppycock!" Whisper responded, "we would never take away your autonomy! You also have a choice in this too, your own will!"

"I know, I know. I'm just joking. But even so, after what we've been through, meeting and having adventures with you guys. It wouldn't matter if you inspirited us to think that way. Because it's my will and decision, that I want Pony and Yo-Kai to live in harmony!"

"I second that." First waved,

"Scootaloo! First!" A group of voices called out,

"Oh! Nate! Katie! Everypony!" The siblings found themselves surrounded by their Springdale friends,

"Your brother hasn't seen any of you around for the entire day. He's really worried, as are we." Nate explained,

"After searching for you this morning, he yielded no clues as he said. So he's called us for help!" Katie replied,

"We've been looking for you all day." Lucas added, "where have you guys been?"

"We were just meditating and relaxing in Shoten Temple." First answered, "nothing wrong."

"That's a pretty long time for meditation..." Bear noted,

"But it's okay, we were there because we had a lot of thinking to do. Just mind boggled with tough decisions."

"Well you could have shared it with us!" Eddie replied, "I mean, it's something rather than just thinking about it yourself or seeking 'divine' help, not trying to be offensive or anything..."

"Well, there are some things an individual has to take up on his own." First replied,

"Though I'll stay open upon spirits and what not, Eddie is right that you should speak things with us." Sarah answered,

"After all, aren't we friends?" Alex added,

"Yep, and it's what we do. I'm not sure if you'll believe me, but I'll say it if you want."

"Well, I'm not really concerned at the moment. If you want to kept it personal, it's okay." Meg butted in, "but just so you know. Whatever you do, I'll support you. After all, we are indeed friends, and we'll go through thick or thin together."

"Yep, so will I." Lucas nodded,

"Count on me!" Sarah spoke,

"I've got your back." Eddie replied,

"You have my support!" Bear called,

"I'll help you in anyway possible!" Katie spoke,

"And you know me you two." Nate replied, offering a hoof shake, "I'll travel with you, especially since you know what."

"Of course Nate." Scootaloo returned the hoof, shaking firmly.

"Thank you." Nate added, "for sharing your life with me. And thank Amaterasu that I was able to speak my mind."

"Yeah..." First embraced Nate, to which everypony joined in. In that moment, everything felt like déjà vu to them, but it felt real, personal, and all the more heartwarming. With a quick goodbye, the friends split apart, and the siblings on their way back home.


Entering Uptown Springdale, the group galloped into an unexpected Pony that they have yet to see. A fair pony with the colour of snow blue.

"Ms Frost." First greeted, "good evening right?"

"Scootaloo! First Base! Ms Frost exclaimed, "You're all right! I can't believe it! I thought you... Scootaloo..."

"I got better." Scootaloo spoke with a comforting tone, "It's thanks to Mochismo that I'm still alive today."

"That's really warming to hear that everything turned out okay. I was going to visit your house today for a proposition, but you weren't there. Your older brother told me you'd be at the School, but I never saw you around there either. I got worried and began looking for you, and that's when I was taken to your trial... It was a lot to handle, but knowing me and my history, it wasn't a big of a problem as much as I wanted it to be... But now that you're here, I can tell you everything I needed to, when I wasn't available at the time of the trial."

"What would you like to ask?"

"Let me start by apologising to you First." Ms Frost admitted, "I want to say sorry, about the time during the Snow Storm. How I have traumatised you to kingdom come. I know it wasn't my fault, but it was my powers that drove you to fear."

"Ms Frost, it's okay." First replied, "the time when I had to face your fear, it was the trial before Massiface, the one where you joined with us."

"You have such a forgiving heart. I can understand why Yo-Kai seem to have a deep attachment or respect for you. And that's another thing. Scootaloo, there's something I'd like to offer you... Not to repay a debt or as an apology, but as somepony who is able to tolerate and even live with Yo-Kai, there's something I want to offer you for this burden."

"What is it?" Scootaloo asked, "is it another reward? A new location of a Yo-Kai?"

"It's not Yo-Kai related." Ms Frost replied, "rather, it's a... Request for assistance for Frostia's Place."

"Assisting the lovely Ms Frost!" Whisper gasped, "What a sudden turn of events Scootaloo! She's offering you a--"

"I may live for a very long time due to being a Yo-Kai disguised as a pony, but even a Yo-Kai has it's problems when it comes to running an important store for Springdale's economy. I've been running the Place for a long time now, but there comes the time where even I need help, or even a replacement if something were to happen to me. A bar can be run by its owner and her apprentice. Scootaloo, I'd like you to work with me."

"A job for..." Scootaloo whispered, "A-Are you sure about that? I mean, I'm still in school... I still young for that!"

"Don't worry, I've made sure to go over the details with Flash and he's got the applications for it." Ms Frost smiled, "it still is your choice, and you have all the time in the world to decide whether to help me or not. I do have a very long time after all." She winked, "but back to your decision on Yo-Kai. Whatever you choose, best of luck. We are friends, and I will see to it that I carry out my role as one."

"Thanks Ms Frost." Scootaloo nodded, a calm smile on her face, "and thank you for your offer, I will think about it."


"That's amazing sis!" First gasped with joy, "you've been offered a job! I can't believe it!"

"..." Scootaloo pondered with wonder as she silently walked home, her head towards the sky.

"Sis?"

"Oh!" Scootaloo snapped back to reality, "Sorry, just a little bit of extra reflection for me, mostly about what happens if I chose another path. I'd just imagine how different it would be if we didn't accept the Watch. We wouldn't learn... A lot of things to be honest, and who knows? Maybe we would just be completely swept over by McKraken and we wouldn't even know!"

"Unless you're Robonyan, you would never really know what happens in our future." First replied, "and even so, he will keep it classified. Better off discovering it ourselves."

"Yeah." Scootaloo agreed as they knocked on the door of their house.

"Scoots! First!" Flash opened the door, a heavily worried look upon his face, "you're alright! Where have you guys been?"

"We've haven't went into the wilderness. Just a long meditation at the local temple in Blossom Heights." First answered,

"Oh, well that's a relief. Just tell me next time or let me know if both of you are away for a very long time. Okay?"

"Sure okay." Scootaloo nodded,

"Also, there's something I need to tell you." Flash replied, "I did some... Meditation of my own as well."

"What of?"

"My life." Flash replied, "and the many mistakes I made throughout it. The dumb and regretful decisions I've made, like the time I left you for the Crystal Empire."

"Flash... What's going on?"

"This has been haunting my mind ever since I transferred there with Shining Armour." Flash replied, "and I should have told you sooner, but devotion to the Guard had clouded my memory, prioritising that over you two."

"I am sorry, sorry for leaving you all alone. I am also sorry for taking you away for your friends in Ponyville, and I'm sorry that you had to be involved in all of this supernatural madness. My duty and track record is not cut out to be a guardian let alone a brother, and I'm sorry for that."

"..." The siblings silently watched him with calm but serious faces as the disheartened soldier continued his spiel.

"I don't know how long I have stayed as a pony with no emotion. I never realised how I lost my way long ago. These acts are beyond forgiveness, but I want to redeem myself. I want to make a promise. I may never be a brother, but can you at least fully trust me, as I'll fully trust you?"

"Flash..." The siblings looked at each other, and gave a warm smile, very satisfied that what they heard from Flash's heart in the mirror, stayed true in person, and happy that he has spoke his mind, to show that he was a caring brother through and through. "It's okay..." Scootaloo trotted forward and hugged her brother. "No matter what happens, even if we are set a distance apart, or even if we somehow fight, I know you have a noble intention inside you that determines what you do. You are not a guardian or a soldier assigned to protect us. You are my big brother, born with the same blood, did your best to raise us and help us live, at a cost."

"Yes." First agreed, also embracing his brother, "we're family big bro. Going to Springdale with you also has it's good sides. For example, we explored a new culture, new nationalities, new ponies, new friends and most of all... After a long time... You have have been working so hard to become a brother. It almost feels like when it was just the three of us all alone in Ponyville."

"Scootaloo... First Base..." Flash began to cry once more, real tears flowing from his real eyes."I... I love you... I don't want to separate from you ever again..."

"We love you too big brother." The siblings replied in unison. "And besides, we can always recover what you have lost. Together. As a family." And the family embraced each other, tightly, strongly, and lovingly, promising never to let go of each other.

"*Sniff..." Whisper cried, dabbing his eyes with a handkerchief, "this is such a touching moment..."

"Yeah." Jibanyan nodded, also beginning to tear up. "It's good to see reconciliation between friends."

"First" Scootaloo whispered,

"Yeah?"

"I think I know what to choose now."

"Have you made your decision?"

"No... Not yet... Do you know what to choose?"

"Pretty much... I pretty much have the same thinking as you do... From those eyes of yours, I can tell that you know what to choose."

"Then it's settled. This isn't my decision or yours. It's like you have said, we are together in this."

"You're right..." First nodded in fierce confidence and determination. "It's our decision."

"For the sake of our friends... In Springdale and Ponyville..." Scootaloo started,

"And the sake of our family... Our brother... Our Yo-Kai friends... And of all things... Our own sake..." First finished,

Author's Note:

And so, this three-chapter long 'mini-arc' comes to a close, the main chapter comes along next.

I'm sorry if the story-line was very detached at the moment. I promise you, it will fix itself from here onwards.

Thanks to all of you who has been reading so far. I've had an emotional time, dealing with the story and anything Yo-Kai related. I also thank you for taking the time and reading this story. To see that view count go up, even if it's just one per day, is something precious. So I say again, thank you for reading.