• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 468 Views, 1 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 3: This Ice Life... - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the winter holidays in both Equestria and on Earth. But it might not be as jolly a holiday as everyone would like.

  • ...
2
 1
 468

Epilogue

Eight Months Later...

Eight months later, Jackson Jones was acting (once again) like any other new father would, as he paced the waiting room and heard his girlfriend's screams of pain.

"Sir," someone called over to him making him look up to see the Night Nurse "I know this must be very stressful on you Sir, but could you please not pace so hard... You're wearing out the carpet," she said looking down to the floor to show Jack what she meant.

"Sorry," Jack said coming over to the desk "It's just... First lot of kids, having them before married, not all that responsible or rich..."

"I understand Sir," the Nurse said kindly. "But if I may, you seem to be the best kind of person to have kids, and you were responsible enough to get your girlfriend here in time. Strange her family's not here..."

"Suzy's family's not really from around here," Jack said sighing and cringing as another cry came out of the room.

"Can I get you anything to help you remain calm?" the Nurse asked sweetly "Besides your kids," she said thinking.

"A pencil and a few pieces of paper should do the trick please," Jack said brightening up getting a spark of inspiration, thanking her then returning to the waiting room and began drawing.
~*~
The clock was showing 2:25AM when Eric, Sarah and her parents came running through the doors.

"May I help you?" the Nurse asked kindly.

"We're here to see our nephew and his girlfriend," Bill Jones said explaining "Jackson Jones and Suzy Ling..."

"Ah yes..." the Nurse said checking the papers "Miss Ling is still in the Delivery Room," she said the answer confirmed by a scream "And Mr Jones is somewhere under all those piles of paper in the Waiting Room..."

"Excuse me?" the four of them asked together only getting a smirk and a nod to go see for yourself.

Slowly the four friends and family that the two soon-to-be-parents had on this side turned around and saw a ginormous pile of paper covered in drawings and sketches, all signed J. Jones.

"Whoa..." Eric said eyes growing "Jack wasn't kidding when he said he was good at this," he said picking up a few pieces of paper and instantly recognizing himself, Sarah, Suzy, and Jack in their 'Harmony Outfits' with Blizzard and Snowflake running around their feet.

"Told you so..." Jack said working on another one his family tradition of sticking his tongue out slightly to concentrate shown as he worked.

"You working on a story for the kids Jack?" Jodie asked looking over Eric's shoulder amazed at her nephew's work.

"Not really," Jack said shrugging not looking up "Just something to take my mind off things," he said finishing the newest one showing it to everyone "What do you think?" he asked showing a picture of a very familiar to Sarah and Eric dragon.

"Amazing..." Bill and Jodie said together before, after asking permission, going through the rest.

"You sure it's a good idea to draw our adventures from Equestria, Jack?" Eric asked quietly seeing more drawn references of the four of them.

"Oh lighten up Eric," Jack said looking up at the cloak and yawning slightly "I'm not going to draw everything from over there, and if I did, who on this side will believe their real? I mean Dragons are gone from this world aren't they? And come on baby snowmen and Pegasi and Unicorns? People will just think I've got a big imagination."

"What about Sombra and Chrysalis?" Sarah asked quietly.

"They're stuck at the South Pole remember," Jack said looking prideful "And if there was anyone else who knows about that place they'd have to go through me to get the ticket to get there in the first place."

Just then the phone rang on the Nurse's desk.

"Yeah?" she asked listening "Ok... Jackson Jones?" she asked, after hanging up, looking up to the family not surprised to see Jack right in front of her seconds after she called his name. "You can go in now. And Miss Ling also requested that Sarah and Eric to go in as well..."

Smiling Sarah and Eric got up too and followed along with Jack to the room Suzy was in.
~*~
After a few minutes of walking they came to the door and knocked on it.

'Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock...' Jack tapped rheumatically before going in.

On the bed was a tired looking Suzy holding one of the three healthy babies.

"Hey, Love Bug," Jack said quietly coming over.

"Hey, Honey Bee..." Suzy said looking up smiling "Well here she is, the new Emma Jones, as promised..." she said holding her out to Jack "And in there are Billy, and Sophie..." she said nodding to the two cribs next to her where the other two babies were all swaddled up, one in blue, one in pink, both having streaks of platinum blonde hair coming out of their head, while Emma had brown.

"I take it that's because of Jack?" Sarah asked quietly, asking to pick up Sophie, trying not to give the game away since the confused doctors - baffled about the same thing, were still in the room.

"They're all because of Jack, Sarah..." Suzy said yawning and getting comfy again. "But I know what you mean and yes. When you get the chance, you think you guys can go see everyone and tell them the big news?"

"Sure Suz," Sarah and Eric said together giving off the Pinkie Promise smiling, and taking a family photo to show everyone.

"Well we'll just leave you guys to be alone now," Sarah said after saying goodbye to her new Second Cousins.

As they left they somehow managed to pull the doctors out too leaving the new family to be alone.


Back in the Waiting Room, Eric and Sarah met back up with her parents and showed them the picture.

"Oh they are so adorable..." Jodie said eyes growing at how cute they looked.

"And the one with brown hair, Suzy say's is the new Emma Jones," Sarah said smiling "Suz said that she made a promise to Jack that they'd call the first girl that."

"She's going to be a wonderful mother," Bill said getting nods from Jodie who gave the phone back to Sarah and went back to Jack's drawings.

"You know, maybe we should convince Jack to sell some of these pictures to help with caring for the babies..." she said more to herself "I'll gladly pay a desiccant amount for the one with you four dressed as princesses and knights," she said nodding to the table where said picture was still lying there.

"Yeah, and I wouldn't mind taking this dragon off his hands," Bill said picking up the picture and looking over it again "Do you know where he gets these ideas anyway, you two?" he asked looking to Sarah and Eric who went silent for a bit.

"He just has... a big imagination I suppose..." Sarah said smiling going over to the table to pick up the one of the four of them.

After collecting up all the pictures, Jack had done a lot of them, Sarah went back to the room he and Suzy were in and left them there giggling slightly at all five of them were fast asleep (well it was 3 o'clock in the morning).

After closing the door she went back to be with Eric and her family and together they left the hospital all looking forward to and wondering what new adventures the new family would have...

The End

Author's Note:

Ok sorry for it not going up as frequently as I planned.
But it's finally here... The end of the story (not that it looks lie anyone cares but there you go)...
Either way hopped those who were reading it liked every bit of it and thank you for doing so.

Happy Hearths Warming :pinkiehappy:

U-D123 :yay:

Comments ( 1 )

Does No one like this story... :applecry:

Login or register to comment