• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 467 Views, 1 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 3: This Ice Life... - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the winter holidays in both Equestria and on Earth. But it might not be as jolly a holiday as everyone would like.

  • ...
2
 1
 467

Chapter 1

Sarah was in the living room decorating the tree for Christmas.

It already had all the lights, the tinsel, and the angel on the top on it, now Sarah was placing the ornaments on there as she sang one of her favorite carols.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Someone yelled loudly behind her making the teenager spin around to see her boyfriend all wrapped up in his winter getup, in his hand a bag with wrapped gifts sticking out of the top, and a smile on his face.

After shutting the front door the boy came over placed the gift bag down opened his arms and rushed straight for the girl who screamed and tried to get out of the way of Eric.

"Don't you dear hug me until you've warmed up a bit..." she said ducking out of the way.

"But Princess I need hugs to warm me up..." Eric said pouting "I need your warm heart to bring back some warmth to mine so it can heat the rest of me up."

"Go stand in the fire if you want to warm up then knave..." Sarah said ducking out of the way again but not making it causing her to scream when Eric wrapped his cold arms around her, getting Midnight's attention who instantly ran in to see who was harming her mistress.

But when she saw it was only her mate and she was laughing and not panicking at all, Midnight just rolled her eyes and returned to the kitchen and her nap.

"Real good show of loyalty there girl..." Sarah called to her dog as she tried to prise apart Eric's fingers and get out of his hold. "Eric do you think you can let me go?"

"Oh but please..." Eric whined slightly snuggling into Sarah slightly a smirk on his face. "You're all nice and warm."

"And you'll be out cold if you don't release your princess right this instant..." Sarah said firmly as she stopped moving.

"Ok ok..." Eric said letting go and backing off having seen how dangerous a mad Sarah could be and making a note to himself not to get on her bad side.

"Thank you," she said after sorting out her Christmas outfit out, dusting off the pleated red and green knee length skirt, the faux fur lined half-way-up-the-leg boots, and the snowflake covered (making it look like it was covered in frost) knitted jumper she had been sent by her grandmother.

"So what's in the bag?" Sarah asked coming over to the bag Eric had in his hand when he came in and peeking inside.

"Your Christmas present my dear," Eric said as he hung up his coat smiling.

"Oooo..." Sarah said looking to Eric sneakily before turning back to the present, and trying to pick at the paper to see what it was.

"Don't even think of it Sarah," Eric said, his back to her as he took off his snow boots, and hat and scarf.

"Think of what?" Sarah asked innocently.

"Trying to have a sneak peek at your gift." Eric said firmly.

"Wha..." Sarah said looking around "I can't believe that after all we've been through... you don't trust me..." she said pouting as he turned around and looking upset.

"I do trust you Sarah," Eric said going over to the present and pushing it under the tree. "I just don't trust you with the present."

"Can you at least give me a hint on what it is?" Sarah asked giving him her 'Will get me anything when it comes to Eric' look twirling her hair around her finger.

"Nope," he said stunning her shocked that it didn't work.

"Humph..." she said and walking into the kitchen to answer the phone that was ringing.

"Hello?" she said into it.

'Hey cuz, it you're most wonderful loving cousin here,' Jack's voice spoke out to her.

"Well I wouldn't go as far as that Jack..." Sarah said rolling her eyes and sitting down. "So what do you want this time..." she asked.

'Why do you think I'd want something just because I'm calling you?' he asked back.

"Because that's the only reason you call this house anymore since you got that new apartment for you and Suzy." Sarah said answering the question "How is she by the way?"

'Who Suzy? She's fine,' Jack said 'Been a bit tired lately and angry with me every now and again though.'

"Sounds fine to me," Sarah said laughing when a 'HEY!' came back down the phone.

"Can we just get to why you're calling, I've still got the tree to finish decorating and begin on the cookies." Sarah said.

'Well you know that Christmas is a time for family dear sweet cousin?' Jack said sweetly.

"Yes..." Sarah said worried.

Just then the door bell rang Eric calling he'll get it.

'Well...' Jack said down the phone as the door opened "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" his voice now screamed down the hall getting Sarah to get up and rush to the hallway seeing Jack and Suzy at the door.
Jack in not that much winter clothing where as Suzy was bundled up looking like a bowling ball, and still shivering, though that might be fright against the snow never seeing it before where she lived when she was a Changeling in Equestria.

Hanging up the phone, Sarah went to welcome her cousin and his girlfriend.

"Hey you two..." she said smiling as the door shut. "Do my parents know you're here for the holidays?" she asked first after fighting off Jack who gave the same excuse as Eric did about needing to warm up.

"Not as of yet," Jack said smiling petting Midnight "But then this wouldn't be a surprise visit would it?"

"Not to be the Negative Knave," Eric said as he came in with hot-chocolates for everyone. "But I don't think this is just a normal friendly reunion."

"Must there have to be something wrong for one cousin to see another?" Jack asked snatching the first cup and leaning back in to the sofa.

"One cousin to see another... No," Sarah said taking the second one and thanking Eric "You to see me, now we've all learnt each other’s secrets about connecting to Da Vinci’s art supplies... Yes."

"Fine..." Jack said sitting up, and looking into his cup to see if it could tell him what to say, when a hand touched his arm.

"Want me to Jack?" Suzy asked with a gentle smile getting Jack to nod smiling gratefully.

"We're not sure what it is..." Suzy began "But we think there may be something going on in Equestria.”