• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 468 Views, 1 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 3: This Ice Life... - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the winter holidays in both Equestria and on Earth. But it might not be as jolly a holiday as everyone would like.

  • ...
2
 1
 468

Chapter 5

Back in Canterlot, the ponies hurriedly got rid of the screen just before Jack came back into the room arms crossed, a slightly 'Are you kidding' look on his face.

"So how much did you see?" he asked getting to the point the snowbaby by his feet.

"The alarms went off just before you started fighting that big mean-meanie-pants," Pinkie said snuggling up to the snowbaby nearly making it's small head pop off.

'That's something then,' Jack thought.

"Well then incase you still don't believe or worked it out..." he said looking towards Rainbow Dash "That was Old Stallion Winter. And I'm guessing you heard what it is he wants so I wont repeat it, so I think I'll just go see the nurse or whatever and ask her to tend to my injuries." he said whistling towards the snowbaby who was happy to get away from the crazy pink pony, and followed her papa out of the room.

"Huh..." Sarah spoke up first turning to Suzy "How did you get him to do that?"

"Do what?" Twilight asked confused.

"Well back before we all came here last time," Eric said knowing Jack slightly more than Sarah because they went to school together "Jack hardly ever claimed he was hurt or that he needed to see the nurse, because he wanted to be seen as the big, strong, never got hurt sort of boy."

"Um..." Suzy said avoiding everyone's eyes her hands over her stomach, blushing.

"Humph sneaky Suzy..." Sarah said after observing Suzy's actions getting her to look up scared "Not that I approve of it that much... But if it means he goes for help when he needs it..."

All the girls around the room were blushing as they realized what Sarah and Suzy were talking about.

"I'm sorry I'm confused," Eric said next to Discord who was holding a box of popcorn smirking, both being ignored by the girls all asking Suzy questions.

"Oh come on Eric..." Discord said throwing an arm over the boys shoulder "Surly you've heard about 'the birds and the bees' or 'twitter-pating' or 'bed time fun'..."

"Thank you for placing all of those images into my mind Discord," Eric said after a bit after working it out "They're really things I wanted to see..." he said shuddering slightly.

"You're welcome," Discord said grinning.

"So getting back to Winter..." Eric said loudly after a few minutes getting the girls attentions "What are we going to do when he comes to fight Jack for that last piece of magic?"

"We're not going to let him do that," Sarah said firmly turning to Suzy. "As soon as Jack's well enough again Suz... You and him go back home, and let me and Eric sort stuff out here."

"But we're Warriors too aren't we?" Suzy asked "Shouldn't we be here and help protect Equestria too?"

"The best way you can do that Suzy," Twilight said coming forward to stand next to Sarah understanding her plan "Is to get Jack out of here so Winter can't find him and get his magic back so he can freeze everything."

At once the doors flung open and the snowbaby came running in up to everyone, and back out a worried look on her face.

Pulling out his sword, Eric lead the way Sarah, Suzy and Discord right behind him, the six after them and the Princess' at the back.


The further through the castle they went, the colder the air became and the louder the ghostly wails echoing off the walls became.

At last they reached the infirmary where everything was covered in snow and Jack was once again pinned to something with an icicle to his throat being held there by the pony before him who was in a winter coat shielding their identity from those at the door.

However, on hearing the 'BANG' of the doors, the pony spun around.

"Identify yourself," Eric said firmly sword turned into a shield.

"Who I am, does not matter," the pony said darkly his voice as cold as the wind that was blowing around the room. "What does matter, is that I've come for one thing and one thing only... Jackson Jones."

That got some of the ponies to wonder who it is their dealing with because only a hooful of ponies know who Jack was (let alone what his full name was).

Eric didn't waste a second, changing the shield back to a sword, and began swinging it at the pony, who dodged every swipe.

After a few blows the pony used his magic and threw Eric across the room, fixing him to the wall with ice too.

Next one to charge at the pony was Suzy after poofing up an axe. But as she got there a familiar sent reached her nose causing her to come to a stop.

Looking into the pony's eyes she gasped slightly but before she could do anything the pony grinned and shot a lime green shot of magic towards her while she was distracted.

"SUZY!" everyone cried snapping the Changeling out of her state just in time to dodge the attack.

Growling as she looked back up, Suzy's eyes had turned to green and her fangs began to show.

Picking up her axe she began to charge at the pony screaming a battle cry that sounded like nails on a chalk board.

Getting into a fighting stance the pony lit their horn and just as Suzy was about to attack... Transported themselves and Jack who had been struggling all the time the pony was distracted with the others to get down, away in a lime green light.