• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 468 Views, 1 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 3: This Ice Life... - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the winter holidays in both Equestria and on Earth. But it might not be as jolly a holiday as everyone would like.

  • ...
2
 1
 468

Chapter 9

In what could only be the dungeons of the Ice Palace, recognizable only by the ice enhanced weapons of torture, the girls were just waking up from their unplanned and unwanted sleep.

"Well at least I've got ponies to talk to this time," Sarah, who came around first, commented as she stood up and tried to walk over to the others but like last time was held back.
Looking behind her Sarah saw an iced chained hard ice pair of gloves connecting to the wall.
"And at least I have my bracelet as well."

Hearing a few groans Sarah looked back to see the others were coming around.

"Wow those dumb Windego's really pack a punch," Rainbow said rubbing her head as she got her barrings back.

"Ugh, this place can definitely use a make over," Rarity said looking at the Ice-Mare, the Dunking-Tank, the rack of iced knives, and the ice Cat-o-Nine-Tails.

"Really?" Sarah and Rainbow said together.

"Our lives maybe at risk here..." Sarah began.

"And you care about that?!" Rainbow ended.

"Um... I don't think we should start arguing girls," Fluttershy said speaking up.

"I agree with Fluttershy," Twilight said finally coming around too. "Remember here... Windego's can be around any corner, and the feed off fighting and hatred. With that they make things colder, and the colder things get... The more powerful I'm sure Winter becomes."

"Quite right Princess," a cold no-love-in-his-voice voice said making everyone turn to look out the door and see Scarab, who was standing tall, looking at everyone with hatred. "Nice to see you're all awake and well. Well as well as you could get while being our prisoners. Oh but don't worry," he carried on. "You won't be here for long. As soon as the Windego's I sent out to look for those Earth Ponies and that boy that got away get back, and Suzy," he said cursing the name in Changelingese "Is found... You will all be moved up to the throne room for the next part of Winters plan to get his power back from the Student of Discord."

Having watch all the movies that include an evil overlord and a 'will-do-anything-to-please-them' sidekick Sarah spoke up.

"Hey Scarab... Just what exactly has Winter promised to give you after he has his powers back?" she asked as he was halfway to the door, making him halt and turn back.

"Well... Nothing yet," Scarab said turning back "But He's way more a friend than you lot or Suzy and the other Changelings were. He didn't want to abandon me or the traditions being Changelings upheld."

"Ok... So what's he getting you to do?" Sarah carried on confusing the other girls "Is he making you do all the work while he sits around and gloats on how great his plans are becoming and how wonderful the world will be when it becomes a frozen wasteland?" she asked "Or his helping you along with his own plan and sharing the work so you'll win against us when the time comes for us to kick your butts?"

"Why do you care so much about how Winter and I work together Human?" Scarab asked hissing a bit and glaring at her.

"Because Changeling..." Sarah replied slightly annoyed that she was being spoken to this way "I have a feeling that Winter's just using you. Using you just to get what he wants. His power back. And once he gets it, if he can get it at all..." she said remembering what Jack said. "He wont need you anymore, and will get rid of you just like if you were a broken sword."

The whole speech left everyone speechless. The mares switching between Sarah and Scarab, trying to make scene of it. Scarab rerunning everything Sarah had just said to him in his mind. And Sarah settling down a satisfied look on her face.

Needing some time and air to think on this, Scarab left.

"Well... That came out of nowhere Sarah," Rainbow said turning to the girl who was at the other end of the cell. Then noticing it being too quiet looked around. "Err... anyone know where Applejack, Pinkie and Eric are?"

"Don't you use your ears Cloud-Butt?" Sarah asked rocking back and forth slightly trying to keep warm "One of the first things that bug said was 'As soon as the Windego's he sent out to look for those 'Earth Ponies' and that boy that got away get back, and Suzy, is found, we'll all be moved up to the throne room for the next part of Winters plan to get his power back from Jack." Sarah repeated "Meaning they're still out there somewhere. And because Suzy came in with us but is also not here and is being hunted too... She must be with Jack wherever he is if they can't find her in their own palace."


Back in the cave Eric had just sliced through his tenth Windego, the others doing all they could too to beat them and so they can get out of there and rescue their friends when an idea came to him.

"Guys stop attacking!" he called out over the wails the winter spirits were making.

"WHAT!" Applejack and Pinkie Pie cried.

"We want to get up there anyway don't we?" Eric asked only defending now "And while we're doing this, we're only wasting time and energy which we will need as much of as we can, when it comes to getting our friends back and beating Winter." he explained sheathing his sword.

"The boy's right you know girls," Discord said packing up his weapons too grinning a bit. "Besides I'm sure Old Winter would know we're here by now seeing how long we kept this up. So what's the point on trying to making a surprise anymore?"

Still unsure but trusting their friends, Pinkie Pie, who was fighting with Blizzard, and Applejack backed off too, returning to the center of the cave looking into the Windego's cold hard stare.

Author's Note:

Ice-Mare = ice/pony version of Iron-Maiden

PS Sorry for the short-ish chapter, but I have it almost all planed out and the next lot of words is not relevent to this and goes on for a bit long for it to stay in here.