• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 468 Views, 1 Comments

Magic Paint Brushes 3: This Ice Life... - Ugly-Duckling123



It's the winter holidays in both Equestria and on Earth. But it might not be as jolly a holiday as everyone would like.

  • ...
2
 1
 468

Chapter 8

Back in Canterlot Celestia, Luna, Discord, Eric, Pinkie, and Applejack were all once again going over what Blizzard said to the three that came back, which he said Jack told him to them, who got the intel from Winter himself.

There were just a few arguments on whether or not this info was genuine or not.

"Not that I don't enjoy a good game of 'Yell at each other while our friends may be in danger while in the clutches of an evil Alicorn...'" Eric said after a bit getting everyone to calm down. "But I agree with Applejack and Luna. This could all just be a trap to get all of you ponies there for Winter to use you against Jack or something. I mean doesn't it seem just a tad... too coincidental?"

"Yes. Yes it does, my good man," Discord said lying on a cotton candy cloud going though a few photo albums the Canterlot Palace library had to offer. "But you have to remember this is Equestria.... almost everything here, is here for a purpose or reason. I mean look at you and Sarah, if you had not come and destroyed that bit of Nightmare Moon that was still around... we could of been sent back into another eternal night." he began, getting Eric to stare at him stunned.

"And then there's these lovely girls right here Luna," Discord continued now speaking to her. "If they were not around, you'd still be possessed by darkness and shadow.
Ha! Found it!" he said shocking everyone as he paused ruffling through the books and using his chaos magic peeling a photo off the page and enlarging it.

Then he poofed up his movie screen and whizzed back until last years Canterlot Hearths Warming Eve Pageant and through to the end where everyone was all lined up taking their bows.

"This help tweak those 'Belief' scales?" he asked.

On the left was the pageant where the main six were dressed in mid-evil looking outfits, Eric thought.
And on the right, was an older looking photo of the almost exact same looking ponies down to color of their fur. Only their outfits were slightly different as were their mane-do's.

"That's why you asked us to do the pageant wasn't it Princess?" Pinkie asked beaming, her eyes wide as she bounced off the walls in joy that she was related to Chancellor Pudding Head.

"So wait..." Applejack said thinking this over "Rarity is descended... from the Daughter of the Unicorn King?" she asked looking from the pictures to the Princess' and Discord getting a nod. Then turned to Eric "Remember to bring ear plugs when she gets that bit of news."

"Right," Eric said nodding knowing how the purple maned Unicorn can be.

"Good," Discord said slamming the book shut, making the old photo disappear and then snapping the screen away "So now that we are all on the same page of believement... How are we going to rescue everyone?"

"We?" Applejack asked raising an eyebrow at the Draconequus "Last I checked you didn't want to join us or have any part in this."

"Well... That's before Winter did something to my friends," Discord said zapping up a bag and mountaineering outfit for himself.

"In other words 'Before he did anything to Fluttershy," Eric asked crossing his arms, smirking it growing wider when all he got was silence.

Before it could go on for an embarrassing amount of time, a ringing began to sound and everyone turned to see Blizzard glowing and vibrating like a cell phone.

" 'Ello?" Discord asked after setting down his bag and pressing Blizzards button making a small screen appear on the little snowman.

'Hey Discord, and I'm hoping everyone else as well,'Suzy answered as she came up on the screen 'Got some news to share...'

"Wait," Eric said getting the Changeling's attention "Ok first how are you calling and second is everyone who went into the palace ok?"

'You remember the snowababy Jack made?' Suzy asked seeing nods 'That's how. As for ' Is everyone who went into the palace ok...' I only now for a fact that I am. We split up as soon as we entered and then everyone was taken. I think the only reason I've not been found yet is because their confusing my magic with Jack's since we share it all,' she said leaning to the side to reveal Jack was with her smiling showing he was alright.

"So why you calling?" Discord said curious.

'Well as Suzy said we've got some news,' Jack said back to his mentor. 'One bit of news is that Winter's planning on conning Scarab about 'ruling with him'. That he's only using him until he's not needed anymore, but we don't know what do about that.'

'Another is it turns out that although Winter wants the whole six because of the Founder Connections things,' Suzy carried on He's more interested in getting his hooves on me and Sarah because of our connections to Jack to make him give up his powers even more.'

'But there may possibly be a default there...' Jack said getting everyone in the library's attention. 'You lot remember back last time we lot all came here and there was the fight with Cryssy and Sombra and Suz got hurt and the only way I could save her was to kiss her there by swapping over our powers...' Jack asked his eye more on Discord hoping he'll have the answer. 'Would that include my winter power as well as my chaos magic?'

That put the library to silence all eyes wide and minds racing trying to understand the question.

"I... I don't know sport," Discord said after a bit "It's probable and possible, but winter power's not my thing remember, and neither is Changeling magic."

'Well is there a way to find out?' Suzy asked looking and sounding worried, this catching Luna's attention.

"Keep thinking about this chance that it cannot be undone Suzy," she said calmly "And look around where you are..."


Suzy took a deep breath and looked around the room and saw red tipped spikes coming out of the walls, and snow falling.

"Jack did you make those?" she asked ignoring everyone for a bit.

"I didn't do it," Jack said. "I've got these gloves on remember I can't use any form of magic with these on."

"I think I do have winter powers then, Princess Luna," Suzy said turning back to the snowbaby's tummy. "It's not as strong as Jack's or Winters... But I have it."

'That's something else to worry about now then...' Eric said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Hey it's not MY fault I have this dumb power!" Suzy cried into the snowbaby's tummy entering one of her mood swings, her voice rising with each word, meaning Jack had to try and hush her down again, as he looked to the wall.

'If you say so...' Eric said getting dark looks from everyone and Suzy's eyes to turn green at him in anger 'Just tell us where you all are so we can come and get you back out and put a stop to Winter's plans.'

"Like I said Knight," Suzy said using Eric's med-evil play name telling everyone when was ticked off a bit "I don't know where everyone else is. We split up and those with me were taken. But there has been news that the others were too."

'Wait you mean you're not with everyone else?' Applejack asked thinking that that was poor planning.

"No, I've been with Jack since I found him," Suzy explained loudly "And he's stuck here cause of these stupid gloves see?" she asked turning the baby to the gloves Jack was being forced to wear and showing they were chained to the wall.

"Winter put a spell on them that they will harm anyone who touches them," Jack explained to everyone on the other end. "And the only one who can get them off is a true Alicorn."


Everyone was looking at and hearing what the kids were saying, planning ahead to get Twilight to do it when they get her to him seeing the Princess's needed to stay here and look after Canterlot.

"Ok so with that sorted, what's this about Scarab?" Discord asked going back to the beginning of the call.

But before either teen could answer there was a noise on the other end and both kids said they needed to go.

"Well that's just made me want to go back there even more..." Eric said sarcastically.

"That's good," Applejack said taking charge. "Because when we get there, since it's us six the old coot wants," she said pointing to herself and Pinkie "We'll distract them while you two, that is if Discord really is coming, go and find everyone and get Jack free. After that we'll just go as it comes." she said getting nods and 'Good lucks' from the princesses Pinkie picked up the snowglobe hit the 'Return' button, shook it and threw it to the ground.

Instantly a swirling portal appeared and the five of them (Pinkie, Applejack, Blizzard, Eric, and Discord) jumped in coming out into the cave where they left, slightly by Eric's part who had his sword drawn just in case, unsurprisingly right into a herd of Windego's.