• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,908 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,908

Epilogue 2: ...Until It Is Done

Author's Note:

Alright, if you've read this before, you're probably wondering what the fuck is happening here, so let me take the time to explain real quick.

See, this was my first fic ever posted on the site. It showed, full of inconsistent tenses, questionable word choices, glaring grammar mistakes, and other such first time errors.

For fucks sake, I legit used "get's" at one point, and there's no fucking excuse for that.

So, I went back and proofread the whole thing in one sitting. The overall plot has been maintained, however, so there's no need to go back and reread it all.

But then that brings us to this.

See, I originally planned for this fic to have a sequel later on, which would've been another crossover, this time with Twisted Metal. However, this idea never got off the drawing board for me, and eventually I just announced its cancellation in a blog.

But then while proofreading this, I remembered that the cliffhanger was still here, as part of the epilogue, for a story that would no longer exist. So, I decided to fix the issue, and replaced it with something a little different.

I hope you enjoy, whether this is your first time reading or you came back to this.

Grimm did not know how long it has been since he left Equestria. He still could remember the faces and names of the ponies he met, even if only for a day, but as time went on, they had started to slip his mind.

At some point, the rage had overtaken him, and he lost himself entirely to the bloodlust. However, he allowed himself not to be blinded by it, but to embrace it. To use it as a tool, rather than a hindrance.

Of course, Discord working a large portion of his chaos magic into a suit of armor specifically for him helped matters.

While the spirit of chaos had seemingly vanished after the armor's creation, Grimm had also stopped contact with Equestria. This was largely because he found himself much too engorged in purging the fires of Hell of anything and everything demonic.

Time started to blur as his one-man crusade continued. He wasn't sure what exactly Discord did to the armor, but he felt better than he ever did while rampaging. Somehow, he could find himself drawing strength from every demon he crushed underfoot, and he was capable of taking more punishment than he could before. Not only that, but it felt like he never had to satisfy bodily needs, such as hunger or sleep.

As long as he kept killing, he could keep going.

Of course, the demons didn't take this lying down. They started attacking in far larger numbers, seemingly redirecting every denizen of Hell towards the goal of taking down the unstoppable force that was John Grimm.

Days dragged into weeks, weeks dragged into months, and months stretched into countless years of slaughter, the fires of Hell starting to die down from the blood of its inhabitants.

Even the demons' ultimate warrior, standing over 12 times the size of the marine, proved to be no match for the marine.

The killing lasted so long that the demons themselves began to fear Grimm. Everywhere he went, death and destruction followed.

He was feared.

He was unstoppable.

His thirst for demon blood was unquenchable.

The demons could only agree on a single name for him:

The Doom Slayer.

Comments ( 66 )

And so, this story ends....
...and another one may be on the horizon... :pinkiegasp:

You fuckers always find a way to continue these stories.

Why oh why must this be so perfect?

For some reason i thought Discord turned into Willy Wonka.

656709 Hell-ements of Armoury

oh god.....sweet tooth in Equestria......F@#$!

Bloody beautiful. Had the music playing, loved every second of the home stretch here.

Can't wait to see Discord unleash HIS chaos. Should be entertaining. I will keep an eye on you, young writer.

I wonder how they'll survive this, I never thought Discord could be so cruel:pinkiecrazy: Can't wait for it to start

I love you.

922668
Woah, hey, watch it now. I'm married.

...to SCIENCE! :pinkiecrazy:

Troll Power!!! :pinkiegasp: Wait, are we going to have to pay for DLC?

921641 Yep. It's called DooM - Knee Deep in the Dead. Can be kind of hard to find, though, and there are some sequels, too.
I wouldn't recommend the sequels, since they have almost nothing to do with DooM at all. The first one, though, is AWESOME!

The Gates were there in Phobos when mankind first arrived. Inert, unyielding, impossibly alien constructs, for twenty years they sat lifeless, mute testaments to their long-vanished creators, their secrets hidden. Then one day, they sprang to life...
Meet Corporal Flynn Taggart, United States Marine Corps, serial number 888-23-9912. He's the best warrior the twenty-first century has to offer, which is a damn good thing. Because Flynn Taggart is all that's standing between the hell that just dropped in on Mars and an unsuspecting planet Earth...

Discord is Calypso?! I KNEW IT! Even though I've seen Calypso WAY before Discord. Doesn't make sense, right? But nothing makes sense with the draconequus.

I shit myself. Like... holy shit. Well, Discord somehow became evil. He was somewhat evil but now? He is a fucking monster, and Equestria is in his sights. Let's just hope that Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal 2012 doesn't show up, then Equestria is without a doubt fucked. But there'll have to be a new hero, right? Seeing as Grimm is in hell, maybe you can implement Sarge from Quake? OH THE POSSIBILITIES :pinkiecrazy: I am really looking forward to where you go to from here, as the path to awesomeness has been paved! Good job, and keep it up! :yay:

FINALLY!!!!!

YES!

YES!!

NOW I WILL READ THIS SHIT.

AND I WILL COMMEND IT.

OH GOD THAT'S AMAZING, I LOVED THAT GAME TOO

WHAT A :twistnerd:

1) Got hit with some nostalgia
2) Played original shareware Doom
3) Found this story.

Too perfect.

920613 *Hits you in the face* I LOVE IT *Hugs you*

Holy shit. This is the LAST crossover I was expecting to appear on this site. XD Seriously.

When I was reading this, I was thinking of who it could possibly be. My first idea was President Snow from Hunger Games, LOL. Sadly, I am not familiar with Twisted Metal, though :/

1386397
I've gotten into the habit of thinking of monsters' health in terms of double barrel shotgun shots (i.e. Cacodemon = 2 ssg shots, Archvile = 3 shots, etc.)
Of course, this assumes the shots are point blank (because really, if you're not in the monster's face at all times until one of you dies, you're not playing Doom right :pinkiecrazy:)

Ok. I am a brony and i love doom! ill admit this story is well written and all but no one should ever EVER EVER put ponies into DOOM! That is just sad and doom is FAR better than being brought down to the level of ponies. It is probably just me because i am a major doom fan and even though im a brony i have WAY more respect for doom than ponies. Good job though i think if you made it more real as in no ponies i would like it. I mean no offense but just doom with ponies? Really? This is a disgrace. This is one of the greatest games in the world and you had to put ponies in it. Nice job ruining it.

1535191
For the record, it's Doom in ponies, not the other way around. There is a difference.
And, really, I respect your opinion. And, well, this was my first story on this site (though not my very first story. That... is something we never speak of again).

Hell yeah! I totally like this story. :moustache:

Hell jyeah, i'ma read this and favorite fo sho!

Wtf? Twisted Metal? I only ever played that when I was a kid I tell you what... t'was wierd.

I kept on believing that the Quake Guy would make a random appearance sometime in the story. Oh well :pinkiehappy:

Great Crossover by the way, I'm already on my third reading

This fic makes want to play Brutal Doom.

1535191 ok no one cares about ur rant

This was so fucking bad ass. I just wonder why he stayed in hell... I guess it was because of the demons left to kill, of which I'm sure he would happily oblige.

I'm glad I found this; definitely worth the read. :pinkiesmile:

I want a Twisted Metal fic here

2374745
You're right... that comic was shit. :rainbowlaugh: j/k. I didn't like it, because they could have gave DOOM some much needed back story. But no, let's just take some crack, and see what the fuck happens. Not much of anything, really. :derpytongue2:

2594560 I'm not seeing any offense at all... if the game was true to canon, the Marine as I call him, would never die.

aww its over:fluttershysad:
MUST HAVE MORE!!!:flutterrage:

MIND=BLOWN

First attempt based on this fanfic.

3148567
I like it, man, really good. There are a few issues I spotted, though they aren't anything major:
-For the best cinematic experience, the hud should be turned off.
-The battle at the start with the Icon of Sin went on for sliiightly too long, and it'd probably be better if Doomguy actually ran around during it, similar to how the level itself would be played
-Perhaps have a second person in a server spectating for the non-first person camerawork? Weapon switching text still appears during those scenes, so this could be a way around that
-This one is nitpicking, but if possible, could you get a helmet-less Doomguy skin for when it says he took his helmet off? (Or alternatively, have the entire thing be in first person, which would also make the previous problem null)
Other than that, good job. Really nice work.

3150454 thanks for the feedback, its actually my first time doing this, and i discovered how to take out most of the HUD by the end of the video.
And actually what i would like to have right now is a team (voice acting, more people to create the scenes, someone who remixes mlp and doom soundtracks, someone who could make a script and a modder who can get rid of the HUD), you know i always do everything by myself and it takes alot.
By the way, i once saw that you were going to do a sequel of this fanfic.

When I read the whole story, I had to play this.

'It's like she's wired on cocaine, sugar, and Red Bull all at once.'

imagine if pinkie WAS on said substances... *shudder*

TWISTED METAL!?! Jeez, man! Go from one bloody battle to another! My only disappointment is that you never went with that idea. Oh well, been reading you Metal gear solid. LOVE IT!!!

4471628 well where were you 45 weeks ago?

4690103 Yes. Yes I do.

3284931 she is bruh :pinkiecrazy: see that face, thats heroin addict to me

Login or register to comment