• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,905 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,905

John's got the Shotgun

The princesses, Grimm, and the six Elements of Harmony went inside the slightly-damaged library, while the others stayed outside. Once they were all inside, Grimm didn't waste any time.

"So, what the hell are we gonna do?"

"The first thing we should do," Celestia explained, "is to retake our castle. Your weapons, as well as the Elements of Harmony, are there."

"I mean no offense, Princess, but what are the Elements going to do here? I've fought through Hell twice, and I sure as shit didn't have anything like that while I was there."

"The Elements are our most powerful weapons, and have been used to defeat great threats to Equestria before, as I'm sure Twilight has told you already."

The purple unicorn smiled sheepishly, while Grimm continued. "Onto another subject, how long ago did they attack?"

"Only thirty minutes ago. Why?"

"The longer they have that castle, the more it reforms into what the demons want it to be. Which isn't pleasant in the slightest. Now, in about thirty minutes..." He started muttering to himself, thinking of a plan. Meanwhile, the ponies discussed their own plans for the battle that would undoubtedly ensue.


The statue fell to the ground, the stone completely breaking away, leaving the god of chaos sprawled on the ground. This was quite early for him to be released from his prison again, and he suspected that he had some help in the matter. Sure enough, as he rose to his mismatched feet, he saw two quite grotesque creatures staring at him. Judging by the markings nearby, they were the ones who freed him. One of them stepped forward and chattered in something that couldn't be deciphered in the slightest. Despite, or perhaps because of, this, Discord understood it perfectly.

"Yes, I am Discord, the god of chaos and disharmony." He loved to hear the sound of his own voice again. "And I must say, thanks for breaking me out a bit early."

The demon continued chattering, pointing at the draconequus.

"I did try to take over Equestria recently, thanks for reminding me of that failure." As the demon chattered more, Discord's face brightened a bit. "Really? Sounds too good to be true."

The creature motioned for Discord to follow it, and he does. It went on to explain who they were, and what they were planning on. As they moved through the distorted halls of the castle, they came across various bodies, both human and pony, strung up from the walls and ceilings. The demon ignored them completely, but Discord couldn't help but stare. These guys were certainly gruesome, if nothing else. Eventually, they had made their way to the front of the castle, most of which was destroyed. The demon chattered one more thing to Discord.

"Wait, so just one human... single-handedly destroyed all of your home?" The demon nodded. "Twice?" Another nod. "And you want me... to kill him for you." It nodded one more time. "What do I get out of this?" The demon faced out towards the rest of Equestria and motioned with its hand, chattering the whole time. "While that is a tempting offer..." Discord eyed the entrance to the castle. "I don't do part ownership." Before the demon can react, the draconequus flew through the entrance, looking for something. The other demons inside threw fireballs at him, but none of them hit their mark. Just to spite them, Discord spawned a few cotton candy clouds in his wake, doing nothing but confusing the pursuing creatures. Eventually, he found what he was looking for. Just before he left, he sees a peculiar sight, even by his standards.

"That could prove useful..." His scheming was interrupted by more demons showing up, so he took the opportunity to teleport out in front of the castle. Down below, he saw Ponyville. He headed there while carrying his cargo, hoping this plan will actually work.


"...and I'm sure they have plenty after that, but I should be fully armed by then." Grimm had just finished going over his plan with the ponies. The term 'plan' was used lightly, because it boiled down to little more than "I go in, kill the demons, and get the things." Still, it was something to go off of. "So, that's it. Any objections?"

"Will you guys be quiet! I'm trying to sleep!"

Grimm couldn't hide his laugh. 'Spike could sleep through the world blowing up, probably.'

Since none of the ponies in the room objected, he headed to the door. But before he opened it, the handle disappeared. The room was filled with laughter, which all of the ponies tensed up at. A light fog began to swirl through the room, gathering at a single spot. Everyone started backing away from it, followed by a flash of lightning. Standing where the fog was gathered was... nothing.

"I think I'm losing my touch at dramatic entrances." Grimm whirled around and faced a... thing. It had different body parts from various animals, and it was smirking at him. "What, never seen a draconequus before?"

Celestia recovered almost immediately. "Discord!" She ran up, nearly face to face with the villain, her horn glowing threateningly. "How did you escape your prison?"

"Those demons were kind enough to release me, in return for me killing their main enemy or something." He looked at Grimm. "Oh yeah, they want you dead."

"I figured as much."

"But back on the subject, no, I did not help them."

"Then why are you here?" Celestia demanded.

"I have a few plans of my own. But first," he took out an object, and Grimm could feel his smile growing. "I believe this is yours?"

Discord tossed the shotgun to the marine, who inspected it. The draconequus also gave him a few boxes of shells he found, much to Grimm's delight.

"I'm simply going to sit back and watch this unfold, but I also have a little piece of knowledge that could serve you well."

"Which is?" Grimm cautiously asked.

"They seem to have a direct portal to their place opened up in the castle. If what they told me about you was true, then you could use that to go and cause trouble for them again."

With this new piece of knowledge, Grimm started rethinking his plan. In the end, though, it still boiled down to "kill everything". Meanwhile, Discord let a few cotton candy clouds float freely in the room, letting them rain chocolate milk.

"Sorry, force of habit."

"No need to be sorry!" Pinkie Pie was laying under the clouds, trying to drink as much of the chocolate rain as possible.

After the pink mare was finished, the group headed outside, Grimm at the front. Seeing the castle in the distance, he noticed that the front of it now sported a skull-shaped entrance.

'They never were ones for subtlety.' "Okay, everyone know what to do?" The ponies all nodded, and Discord just shrugged. "Alright then," Grimm pumped his newly reacquired shotgun for emphasis, "let's take back a castle."