• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,905 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,905

Demons on the Prey

Both Grimm and Twilight stayed up late into the night, waiting for an attack by the demons. Around midnight, Twilight fell asleep, leaving the marine the only one awake in the library. He knew that the demons would attack, there was no doubt about that. The only question was when.

After a couple more hours of waiting, Grimm began to feel fatigue wash over him. 'Who knows, maybe I was wrong. Maybe the demons aren't attacking.'

Suddenly, there was a loud noise from the other room. He recognized it, much to his dread. 'That was one of their teleports...'

Springing up, he headed into the room, expecting to see some kind of monstrosity born from the depths of Hell. Instead he saw... nothing. Not a single thing was moving in the room. Maybe he was hearing things. He turned around, but realized slightly too late what had happened. In a single moment, there was a growl behind him, and then Grimm was knocked to the ground. Turning around, he still saw nothing, but now he heard a portion of air growling a short distance away.

'Invisible son of a bitch!' Scrambling to his feet, he punched in the direction of the growling. He missed, and got a scratch on his arm for his troubles. Cursing, he kept swinging, hoping to grab the demon. From the doorway, Twilight trotted in to see what woke her up, and saw Grimm seemingly punching the air.

"Uhh... Grimm? What are you-"

"Kinda busy here!" he said while looking for the invisible demon. Eventually, he got a hold on something, and the image of a transparent demon appeared where his hand was. Grinning, he threw it to the ground before bringing his foot down on top of the creature's head, ending its life with a sickening splat. Compared to what happened in the forest, this barely had any blood spilled, but it didn't leave the mare unaffected.

"Wha- What! Why is there a demon here? Where did it come fr-"

"Teleportation," Grimm cut her off. "And they hardly teleport alone." He cracked his knuckles. "It's starting."


In the castle located up in Canterlot, Celestia was nervous. She had stayed up all night with the nagging fear that, maybe, the human was right. Maybe those demons could only be stopped by him. Regardless, she planned to send some guards to the gates of Tartarus the next day. The door to the throne room opened, and a dark blue alicorn walked in.

"Tia? What are you doing up so late?"

Celestia gave her sister a weary smile. "Sorry, Luna, it's just that I've been thinking. I can't help but get the feeling that the human was right about this."

Luna nuzzled the elder sister. "Don't worry, Tia, I'm sure everything will be fine."

"I hope you're-" She was interrupted by a greenish flash of light and a loud noise in front of the throne. After the light faded, standing there was a large, grotesque creature, with some sort of devices attached to where its arms should be. Its face is mostly obscured by body fat, and dry blood runs from its mouth.

"Halt!" Luna yelled, breaking out the Royal Canterlot Voice. "Who are you, and why do you intrude on us in our throne room?"

In response, the creature brought the devices up to point them at the princesses, and uttered out an unintelligible cry before fireballs shot out of them. Luna flew away in time, but Celestia took one head-on. Thankfully, dealing with the sun for over 1000 years has perks such as "being less combustible than other living things". That doesn't mean it didn't hurt, though. When she regained her senses, she lashed out with her magic and burned the thing alive.

"Tia! Are you alright?"

"Yes... I'm fine." She didn't know what the thing was, but it was dead now. "Let's... go and clean this up." Before either of them could do anything, however, more of the creatures appeared in the same manner the first had, all of them launching pairs of fireballs at the princesses. They took to the air and dodged them, but were soon forced to leave the throne room. Celestia was planning to kill them the same way she killed the first, but something was blocking her magic. Luna had the same problem, so they were both forced to fly away. In the hallways, more creatures appeared, some of them wildly different from each other. Upon seeing the princesses, they all launched fireballs at them, but most of them missed. As they reached the entrance to the castle, Celestia was pleased to see that the guard had already managed to evacuate everypony. At least, everypony who wasn't killed outright, either from the attacking demons or being unlucky enough to have one of them appear right where they were at the time.

"Guards!" Celestia shouted, making all the guards stand at attention. "What is going on?"

The captain spoke. "We- We don't know! They just appeared out of nowhere, and we had to get everyone out! Not all of them made it..."

The princess would mourn the loss of good ponies later; now was the time for action. "Take them to Ponyville, and make sure they're safe. Those... things are somehow blocking magic, so we'll have to fly there." All of them broke into action, earth ponies and unicorns getting into chariots while pegasi got ready to fly them. After they had all departed, Celestia could have sworn she saw a very large demon with machinery on one arm and one leg...


Back in Ponyville, things were marginally better, although it was still bad. Grimm had taken to the front, killing demons either with his bare hands or using whatever might be nearby. The entire town was up and panicking, although some would say it was for good reason. Only a few of them actually fought back, helping the human out. After 10 minutes of punching, stomping, and stabbing, the town was littered with corpses, the ponies completely shell-shocked from the ordeal. Miraculously, none of the ponies were killed, and only a few casualties were sustained. Most of this was due to Grimm taking the initiative, killing a majority of the demons and getting their attention. The property damage, however, was substantial.

The entire town gathered in front of the ruined town hall, their voices all being panicked and scared. The mayor tried to calm them down, but her attempts were in vain. Finally, Grimm went to the front of the crowd, in front of the mayor.

"SHUT UP!" All of the ponies suddenly went silent, and the only noises heard were the wind and the crackling of one or two fires scattered around. "Look, I'm not gonna sugar-coat it; Hell has come here, and they want this place for keeps." The crowd began to start up again, but he silenced them again. "I would be out solving this, but I'm a bit under-armed at the moment. If only Celestia would give me back my fu-"

"Look!" One of the ponies pointed out the convoy of chariots coming their way. They landed, groups of royal guard ponies and various castle staff getting off of them. Following close behind them are Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, causing all the ponies of the town to kneel in respect, save for Twilight Sparkle.

"Princesses!" she exclaimed, trotting up to the two. "What are you doing here?"

"Our castle came under attack. We were forced to evacuate, and I wanted to come here for a couple of reasons. To make sure the Elements of Harmony are okay," she looked at Grimm, "and to apologize."

The marine's face wore a smug "I told you so" look. "What's done is done, now we need to work on fixing this. So, if you'll kindly give me my guns back?"

"About that, the demons seem to be able to block out magic, even for ponies as powerful as me and Luna, so we can't get them for you."

"Unless someone goes up there and gets them themselves."

"Yes."

"Figures."

Celestia began to speak to the crowd again. "Now, please don't panic; we shall have this situation under control. However, be alert at all times, as we do not know when another attack will happen here. If you need us, we shall be at the library." She walked away, the six Elements of Harmony, Grimm, the guards, and the castle staff following her.


Preparations were being made for the ritual. The yellow, spell-casting demons had found the correct statue, and were now beginning to cast the spell to free the one inside. While they stood there casting, the statue of a certain draconequus begins to crack...