• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,888 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,888

Between Levels

If the citizens of Ponyville were scared of Grimm before, then they were terrified out of their proverbial pants when he came back into town, covered in blood and carrying two unconscious ponies. It was only the presence of Twilight Sparkle that kept them from assuming the worst. That didn't stop them from running away from the human as they walked back to the library, though.

Back inside the tree home, Grimm placed the two mares on the floor. Almost immediately, Rarity started waking up. She looked around, but when she saw the marine, still covered in blood, she nearly fainted again.

Now that he was back here, Grimm looked over the ponies present: Lyra seemed to have broken off from the group at some point, and all the others were still quite disturbed. Of them, Twilight was slightly less affected, due to seeing what Grimm had done before. Spike walked into the room, then did a double-take when he saw both the blood-drenched human and the unconscious Rainbow Dash. "Okay, just what the heck did I miss?"

"Spike," Twilight commanded, "send a letter to Princess Celestia. We have some urgent business to discuss."

Spike was confused, but wrote the short letter anyway. He then rolled it up and sealed it, before burning it with his fire breath, sending it to the princess.

Normally, Grimm would have been impressed, but right now he was only thinking. 'It's possible, but how much longer do they have? And will it be just like Earth?'

His thoughts were interrupted by Celestia teleporting in the room. "What was it that was so urgent, Twi-" When she saw the marine, as well as Dash, her eyes widened. "Just what has happened here?"

Before the purple unicorn could speak up, Grimm cut her off. "There's a bit of a security issue. A few of the nightmares that I faced followed me out of Hell. I took care of them. But that's not the issue."

"Then what, pray tell, is?"

"If those that I just killed could get in, then all of them could get in. The same thing that happened to my world could happen to this one. Unless..." He removes his helmet and stares eye to eye with Celestia. "...I get all my guns back, and you let me solve this problem before it becomes a problem."

In her head, she weighed the pros and cons of both courses of action. Eventually, she reached a verdict. "I politely decline."

"What?"

"I'm certain that my royal guard can guard the gates well enough. And besides, if you managed to best those creatures with literally no weapons, then you might not even need them."

Grimm felt his rage rising, but he kept it in check. "They'll be torn apart if you do that, trust me."

"My decision is final." Celestia turned to Twilight and her friends. "I'd like you all to be ready. The Elements of Harmony will be ready to use at the castle, just in case." With that, she teleported out of the room, leaving a steaming marine, five ponies, and a dragon. Applejack walked through the door.

"Those three are back at mah house, so they should be sa-" She stopped when she sees Grimm. "You weren't kiddin' when ya said it'd be messy, weren't you?"

Ignoring her, he leaned on the wall. "Can't believe she'd just let them come like that. She may be the ruler of everything here, but she's overconfident."

After they got Applejack up to speed on the situation, Twilight walked up to Grimm. "I'm sure she's doing the right thing. I have no reason to doubt her."

"Of course you wouldn't. You're her student."

All of them were appalled by his blunt remark, but he just shrugged before going into another room. The other ponies filed out after that, Fluttershy carrying Dash, leaving just Spike and Twilight. She followed the marine into the other room, finding him sitting at a desk, thinking to himself.

"Grimm?" Twilight started. She got a "Hmm?" in response.

"I do think that those... demons could come through, but why would they?"

"Beats me. I just know that they tried to take over my world, but I stopped them. It doesn't help that a few of them posses some kind of innate magic, mainly for killing things or-" A bolt of realization hit him, and he slammed the palm of his hand into his face. "...teleportation. Of course, how could I forget that! So even if Celestia's guards do their job, and block off the gate, they can still get in!" He nearly flipped the desk over in his rage at the situation.

"Teleportation? But nopony has ever perfected long-range teleportation spells except the princesses!"

"Well, they did. And they're going to be coming here pretty soon. Not anything we can do but wait for Celestia's plan to fall apart, then hope she'll come to her senses and give me my guns."

They both went silent after that, Twilight studying the three syringes Grimm dropped that day. Suddenly, she remembered a certain spell. "Grimm, could you bring me a thing of that medicine you have?"

He didn't understand this request, but gave her one of the white syringes anyway, as well as the last black one. She quickly inspected the chemicals inside with her magic, then, when she got enough, enchanted the two white syringes, then repeated the process with the black one. Now full, she replaced the caps on them, before giving them back to Grimm. He simply looked at her, confused. "What did you do to them?"

"I placed a regenerative enchantment on them; now, when you use them, they'll be full and ready to use again in a few minutes."

"Huh. Thanks," he said, putting the syringes back in his QSU With that out of the way, the two simply sat in silence, waiting for what Grimm described as "everything going straight to shit".


To put it bluntly, the demons were pissed. They thought they had escaped from him, but he was already in this new world, ready to repeat what happened at Earth. This complicated things greatly, but they hoped to have different results this time. They had just finished mapping out and researching this world, and the only other thing that could possible pose a threat to them was the "Elements of Harmony", which they found out had defeated two great villains recently. They then learned that the most recent one defeated wasn't killed, only imprisoned. They hoped that, whoever or whatever it was, that it'd be glad to help out their cause in return for freedom. At the very least, they hoped to rid themselves of the marine who had single-handedly bested their forces on many occasions. He'd get what's coming to him...