• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 5,784 Views, 122 Comments

Leash Day - The Great Derpsby



Scootaloo returns to Ponyville after a month of visiting family, only to find that some of her classmates have begun acting... weird.

Comments ( 12 )

This is a nice Christmas present.

This is without a doubt, the weirdest yearly ritual I have. Every 8-12 months, I check for a Leash Day update, lol. The continued 'Twilight Zone' feeling of not-normal sexy times being normal is still fun. That said, 'Good Vibrations' is the first chapter for which I have a critique. Until now, all the fun stuff has been just slightly unusual enough to feel terrifying / creepy, which is great.

However, Sweetie walking home close to bare-ass rather strained my suspension of disbelief. The lingerie walk I can believe, doing the whole 'secret master exhibition' thing. But walking all the way back through town in just her skivvies, without a care from her or anyone else? That feels like a stretch at this point, at least until we learn what is actually going on & affecting everyone. Everything else about the chapter was absolutely perfect for keeping up with the 'not normal is normal', but that specific act felt too extreme at this stage.

11096600
Fair enough! I must admit, I was kind of picturing her walking home after it had already turned dark outside, but I should have mentioned this somewhere looking back, heh! :facehoof::rainbowlaugh:

11096783
Yeah, a quick mention about the time of day (night) would help there. Again, the slow buildup of explicit activity becoming normal has been amazing, especially how Twilight had that subtle change, but Sweetie's walk felt like an after-thought, no consideration for the world building.

Very nice.

11100356
There is actually tons, but if you read too quickly you will miss it. I suggest you start from the beginning.

iji
iji #7 · Oct 1st, 2022 · · 1 ·

So uh, why even bring up that Sweetie literally can't imagine two boys kissing?

It's deeply weird, adds nothing to the story and it just raises the question of "well is she a bigot?" before not addressing that question at all.

11380238
It's not in there for no reason.

As for whether it makes her a bigot: That's for you to decide. Just keep in mind that she's still relatively young, she didn't say she had anything against it, or that it grossed her out. It simply didn't work for her.

iji
iji #9 · Oct 1st, 2022 · · 2 ·

11380476

I don't understand the common fetish for Latina women. They don't work for me.

I don't PRETEND LATINA WOMEN ARE WHITE the same way Sweetie pretends a colt is a fully. That is not the same thing.

11380648
Not quite what Sweetie said there. It's more, she read a racy story and slipped into thinking of the characters as colt and filly when they were not, and that that is her default mode for romantic and/or sexy stuff. However, I don't want to tell you how to read those parts, if you got a different interpretation from it, that's fine too.

Toys can't compare to the real thing.

11571218
Perhaps not, but they can enhance the experience. And who would say no to that, eh? :raritywink:

Thanks for the comment! The story isn't dead, promise, just a lot of real life stuff going on.

Login or register to comment