• Published 16th Jan 2015
  • 1,194 Views, 82 Comments

Moondancer - RandomString



Twilight offers Princess Luna a special birthday present: an amnesia spell, and the opportunity to seduce as her old university crush, Moondancer.

Comments ( 12 )

Aw. So Moon Reader was an unexpected twist. Neat!

And YES! Called it on Moondancer being the real deal! :yay:
I love how this all turned out. This was fun. :pinkiehappy: I wonder what books Moony made off with. :raritywink:

5938834 glad you enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

I'm also glad that someone picked up on the hints I left around, thanks.

For the record, the stolen books consisted mostly of the books Twilight used for the body-writing thing, plus a book on animation.

A part of me want's a sequel.

5940236 Sorry for not responding sooner. I thought about a sequel, but couldn't come up with a decent plot. Maybe something will occur to me someday.


5945822 Good point, thank you for raising it. I hadn't considered that particular aspect of the story when writing it. Don't get me wrong, 'Moondancer's' characterisation is deliberate, but I didn't think about how making her character decidedly non-Lunan could pull people out of the story. If you were to stick with the story, I would be very interested in your final thoughts.

5946000
Heh. Well, the first time I really doubted Moondancer is Luna was when Entice seemed honestly in fear for Twilight's life, back when she hung over a chasm.

As it is... well, it happened. I guess the twist does add a bit of mystery and guessing for the reader. That's not a bad thing per se.

5954194 Thanks - it's good to hear, and I'm grateful for your perspective.

Overall, I'm not sure I'd consider the story a success. I think I was over-ambitious, and should have cut back somewhere. A simpler story might have worked better - starting at the second chapter, and having the reveal be that Moondancer was Luna would probably have worked better, provided I made a few changes to Moondancer's characterisation, and some severe changes to Entice. It would have made immersion easier, and kept the mystery. Something for me to think over, at any rate.

5954429
Oh, I'm not so sure about that! You make it sound so negative when it honestly doesn't deserve that.

It really was enjoyable. And perhaps it was more my wondering what the twist would add that distracted me than the actual twist. I fell for the ruse for the first half easily.

I mean, I don't know what you'd consider a success. I'd call it one, but you are the author :raritywink:

5954478 Kind of you to say so :twilightsheepish:

That was a fun ride, Random. I quite enjoyed it, and look forward to more from you!

I knew this story reminded me of Twilight's Plan! Another great one, RandomString.

I do feel like this story kind of glosses over the sex bits towards the end; I was waiting for Entice to play with Twilight for half the story, and it was a little disappointing to get summaries instead of the highly descriptive stuff we were shown earlier. Still the overall quality more than made up for that little flaw.

6870539 Thanks Banana Boat, I really appreciate the feedback.

Well observed about the relative lack of Twilight / Entice playtime. I did actually write out a number of scenarios for the two of them, but I wasn't really happy with any of them. Some were too repetitive, some were too rushed, or would have been too long if not rushed, and some just ran out of steam. One felt fine, but consent got a little blurry and I prefer to avoid that if I notice it.

In the end, I just wanted it done and rushed the ending, as seems typical for my stories. If I come back to clop, I'll have to pace myself better.

Login or register to comment