• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 244 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 244

A tyrant's anger

On his excessively large throne, Sombra used his satanic magic to levitate the necromancy commander into the air and throw him violently against the wall in anger.
"HOW IS IT THAT THE MORTALS HAVE GOT THIS FAR WITHOUT ME KNOWING, ANSWER ME OR FACE YOUR DEATH SOLDIER!!!!" Sombra bellowed in his demon voice. The dark tyrant was wearing a pitch black chest plate and devil red cape that touched ground when he walked on all fours. The intimidating and pupilless look in the tyrant's blood red eyes was fixed on the crippled commander on the floor who was struggling to answer his master's question. Finally he summed up enough courage to respond to his master and croaked through a punctured lung: " They had help my lord, the Princesses have returned from hiding and have given them the resources to fight us."
Sombra frowned and turned away from the commander surprised by Celestia and Luna's sudden reappearance.
"So now they return, but how did the enemy get into Las Pegasus if the princesses never aided them in battle soldier?" Sombra demanded after thinking.
"My lord, the...human has also returned, he was the one who brought about their victory in halting our army." the commander explained trying to recover from the injury as he slowly stood up on his brownish zombie-looking legs.
"The Protector? Do you mock me soldier? This is war, he does not fight war he fights what comes before war." Sombra growled in disbelief and frustration. The human had always been an obstacle to him, he would never give in to hate and was too resilient to fear, the human was an unfamiliar adversary and Sombra had always been unprepared in the past.

" However my lord, it was not he who inspired this United army of both lunar and royal guard." explained the commander in his original gruff and sinister voice. "This army is the result of one earth pony they are calling Bravery Pureblood."

Sombra lifted his head and turned back to the commander, "WHAT!?" Sombra suddenly shouted, surprising the commander a little bit.
"That name is nothing but fiction to me" Sombra continued still shocked however at this new found name.

"I see only lies from your statement soldier but I have anticipated the times that the mortals should retaliate." Sombra said directing his eyes to the top the gloomy window that looked out over a ruined part of Equestria. Times were changing, fear was not enough to maintain his power in this land. Despite this incursion of his power, Sombra the decided it would be best to capture this new hero and turn him away from the immortal fools who called themselves 'princesses' and redirect this new one to his side, should he deny or retaliate he would die before he could know a mistake had been made.

"Find this Bravery Pureblood and bring him before me, should he end up dead then you will soon join him afterward, understand commander Cerberusa?" Sombra evilly said to his second in command.

"Understood master, I will see to it that he kneels before the might of your very lordship!" Cerberusa said loudly whilst he knelt on one knee before his master and jumped out the open window were he landed on the rocks below on all fours.
He would not fail his master as he did his brother.......