• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 242 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 242

Ascension

Sombra stared at the countless numbers of Pegasi that swarmed in through the gaping hole in his castle's ceiling. Never had expected the enemy to have this much support at this time, but now he was surrounded by at least fifty Pegasi with Bravery and Fortaancus standing with them.

"Bravery my friend, we were able to find you and your friend through the mind link, but when you would not respond we grew worried and tirelessly searched for you" said Skyrise as he landed next to Bravery. His Pegasi legion were surrounding the tyrant from the air and ground, he could not escape punishment this time, this time Sombra would learn the folly of his barbaric actions, fear would be Sombra's to experience for once.

Skyrise and Bravery stepped forward with shields at the ready, they would hand the monster over to Celestia and Luna where he would be judged and hopefully destroyed for the atrocities he had been committed for past years.
"Sombra of tyranny, you are outnumbered and overmatched, you will yield and stand before the princesses of Equestria in the name of freedom and harmony, lest you face the combined wrath of the royal and lunar guard.' Skyrise said expressing a look of pure hate on his face.

Fortaancus realised Skyrise's mistake, he ran forward to Skyrise and silently explained: "You cannot show hate Skyrise, it will not help."
However Skyrise was having none of it and ignored Fortaancus' warnings s if he were invisible. Bravery was not in the mood for arguing, but Fortaancus' remark had reminded him of Sombra's ability to recuperate through the hate of others.
"Skyrise stop for a second, me and Fortaancus were in combat with Sombra and have discovered that his will is powered by the hate of all, we must feel no hate and use willpower and hope instead to fight him." Bravery quickly said just before Skyrise was about to lay a hoof on Sombra.

Skyrise considered for a brief moment and understood the point Bravery was trying to make.
"Of course, rage strengthens fear but willpower and hope are the keys to overcome fear. After all this time, we had not realised our mistake until now, we fought Sombra out of rage and hate but that must have made he and his army stronger than ever."Skyrise said in his head. He had to warn his legion before they made the greatest mistake of all.

Unfortunately, they had all realised to late when a flashing explosion of black and red energy erupted in front of them. Sombra was high in the air and the roof of the castle was gone, exposing the murky, orange sky of a gloomy midday.

"This is why you never win, your rage is what brought about your demise, not me, the growing hate you all felt all those years ago freed me from the void and fuelled my magical power. Your everyday hates and dislikes along with the resentment you gave towards the gryphon kind is what me made strong again!" Sombra shouted who was glowing with a burning red aura and a slim black sword.

"Now you foolish mortals, your lives are all mine!"Sombra bellowed with an evil laugh afterward.


Bravery, who was now only able to walk on three legs, slowly stood up and noticed that Fortaancus and Skyrise were on the floor unconscious and all the Pegasi were grounded and crying in fear and agony.
Bravery looked back at Sombra in horror, this was it, after all the sacrifices, all the defiances against the tyrant that had destroyed his home, it would end in a humiliating failure.


However, as Bravery felt himself going numb, he saw that time had slowed down and the intensely bright light he had seen before reappeared and the figure he had seen before: Zenita Eror Nesira along with princess Celestia and Luna materialised in front of him.

"It is time Pureblood, the time of your ascension, your ascension as the God of strength and willpower."

Zenita softly told Bravery.
For a moment Bravery thought he was dreaming again, but he could see that this was all real, the three immortals stood above him and looked down at his small figure.

"I do not understand, what I am, why I am so important?!" Bravery shouted amongst the halted chaos
"The God that speaks to you is the father of me and my sister." Luna said trying to help Bravery understand the current situation.
"He came to me and Celestia just after you and Fortaancus set out to find Sombra and told us the truth about you. You Barvery Pureblood, are the reincarnation of the God of Spiritual strength and Selflessness known as Orpitheus the Pureblood, the spiritual guardian Equestria before our father." Luna continued seeing the great surprise in Bravery's face.

Celestia rose above her father and her horn glowed an immaculate, golden aura and Zenita and Luna did the same. Their horns unified and a blue and green light originated from the centre.

"Now Bravery, prepare for the moment that your entire life has been leading up to. Become a God and save us all." Celestia said as the light from the alicorns shot out and began surrounding Bravery.

Bravery watched the magical waves enter his body and felt a immense surge of strength rattle his entire body. His eyes glowed blue and white and he was floating in the air. Bravery felt all the muscles in his body shift and grow whilst a pain his forehead was created by a blue horn growing out of it. As the magic continued to swirl around him like a tornado Bravery felt light-headed and closed his eyes whilst the magic continued its work......


When Bravery noticed the magic had disappeared as did Celestia, Luna and Zenita, time began to return to its normal speed. All eyes including Sombra's were on Bravery since he was flying without wings and his eyes and body glowing with a blue and white aura. He was twice his original size and wore black and white armour similar to that of Fortaancus.

At that one point in his life, Bravery knew he was and always and had been...a God!