• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 243 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 243

The final confrontation awaits

Dark and foreboding, that is what it looked like up close just like the rest of Equestria, but if this task could be completed all the fear and hate that had enigmatically tormented the land could be undone. Bravery and Fortaancus stood before the shard still wearing their masks from before.
"This is it. The so called stronghold." Bravery said randomly. He realigned his armour plating and pulled out a a shield attached to his apparel using his teeth. This battle may have had a calm beginning but when he would stand before the tyrant himself all hell was going to break loose.

Fortaancus examined the tall shard and prepared his spiked chains and broad cape. This fight was one he had prepared to face for years, years spent training and perfecting the tactics needed to destroy the entity that threatened all of Equestria's innocents and royalty.

They both stood there in confusion, there were no visible entrances anywhere around the structure of the shard. The earth pony and human looked up to see if there was an entrance above, there was not.

After sometime, black clouds of smoke and dust swept in very close to the ground blotting out the sky and sunlight. Bravery and Fortaancus were mildly distracted by the clouds until they both came up with a similar thought on how to enter the shard.
"Fortaancus, you do not suppose the entrance is physical do you? Bravery asked, "No it cannot be, it has to be the one thing that granted Sombra power Celestia and Luna." Fortaancus replied now realising that he and Bravery were thinking the same thing.
"Hate, hatred for something or anything, the only way to enter the shard is to feel hate." Bravery explained. Hate would now aid him on his journey to free his home, it was not the way he had wanted or expected it to be, but if it meant defeating the tyrant then it had to be done.

"It has not been long since anypony has felt that emotion Bravery but it has to be controlled lest we all turn on eachother and fight individually." Fortaancus remarked. He felt a sense of surprise regarding Bravery's thoughts being similar to his but also feeling a sense of pride and honour knowing that the fight for freedom would soon be over and he was allied with the bravest pony he had ever known.

Both of them looked deep into their souls for a memory or experience that influenced the emotion of hate; soon after few seconds they both pushed against the shard and saw themselves moving through the walls of the shard. Noticing that Bravery's theory had worked, they pushed themselves through the walls and were mentally stabbed by visions of the thoughts they had before they passed through the walls.

The visions in Bravery's head were ravaging his mind as he saw his parents on the burning ground with a black flaming sword in their chests and a figure that looked very much the tyrant himself hovering over the chaotic landscape and laughing as ponies were being consumed by the relentless purple fires of hate. The images made Bravery scream at the top his lungs and then he found himself and Fortaancus on another stain glass floor, similar to what he saw earlier.

Bravery and Fortaancus dragged themselves up from the floor and they both stood up in a massive, gloomy room that did not resemble the roof of the shard.

"Fortaancus I think is it........Fortaancus?" Bravery said. Fortaancus was standing right next to him but he was not moving until he suddenly dissolved away into darkness.

""In here you heroic fool, nothing but death is with you now, your human friend will not last where he is now and your insignificant head will decorate this room with your blood as the paint!" came a terrifying robust voice.

Bravery looked around to see the hateful tyrant King Sombra float down to the floor in front of him, his black and red robes stained with the blood of sodiers and innocents, a gigantic white sword materialised in front of him that made a ear piercing clang when it touched the ground.

"Your soul is mine little pony and no one is coming to save you, ever AGAIN! shouted Sombra.