• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 242 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 242

Epilogue

Back in ponyville, Shining and Fortaancus placed the injured soldiers on individual casualty beds and started greeting the civilians back to their homes.
"Who'd have thought it" Shining said as looked backward to the horizon.
"Thought what?" Fortaancus asked
"That fate would give us this victory." Shining continued as Fortaancus started to remove parts of his armour and sticking them in a rucksack.
"Fate did not bring us this victory Shining, it was Bravery who brought us our salvation." Fortaancus explained whilst he sat down bandaging his bleeding forearm.

Shining felt so happy and relieved, a sensation he had not experienced for several years. It was almost as if fear and anger itself had followed Sombra into the underworld, nothing but happiness and bravery he saw when he looked around, even the injured were showing the slightest of smiles.
The sky looked happy as well as the sun started to disappear over the horizon producing a beautiful orange and white glow. Rivers were glistening like jewels as the sun's rays reflected off the crystal-like water and the mountains caught the remaining sunlight as the boundary of day and night started to light up the landscape.

"You still think about him and them, Fortaancus?" Shining asked to Fortaancus' surprise.
"Bravery? Sometimes, he was such a powerful friend, he brought out the best in equine along with you and Canterlot royalty." Fortaancus replied peacefully.
"But what about them? Shining asked again
"Them? You mean, my......family?" Fortaancus asked quietly
Shining gave him no words but lightly nodded his head. Fortaancus did not feel like talking anymore but this did not just apply to him, Shining had a part in this too.
"Always, I do what I do today to ensure that no other sentient has to suffer such a loss, but I failed." Fortaancus sadly said with a tear forming behind his cowl.
"What about you? Do you still have the visions of your, *ahem* father?" Fortaancus asked feeling shocked by what he had said.
Shining noticed the shock in Fortaancus' face and put a hoof on his shoulder to comfort him.
"It's alright, I can take it." Shining said not wanting his friend to feel that way, "Yeah I still do, but like you they're what drives me to keep on moving, to keep on fighting fear, to make him proud wherever he may be."

Fortaancus smiled from his friend's spirit, "You equine have proved to better than my kind, so much wiser about using and feeling emotion, your world is a gem in a lonely, desolate universe." he said.

Shining smiled back from Fortaancus' warm words and felt two hooves touch his shoulders. It was his wife: Cadence of love, she kissed the back of his neck and rested her face on his white back.

Fortaancus looked up to see Princess Luna of the night float down behind him and take his bandage,
"Here, allow me to help you their hero." Luna said as she used her magic to heal the deep cut on Fortaancus' forearm. Fortaancus did not budge during the process and eyed the beautiful alicorn repairing his damaged arm.

"We're very proud of you two, for all the help you gave and the lives you helped save." Cadence said as she continued to caress Shining Armour from behind.

"We now request your presence back in Canterlot so that you help out there." Luna said as she approached Fortaancus and put her right hoof on Fortaancus' cheek,slowly removing his cowl. Fortaancus reluctantly halted Luna's action, such a moment could not be wasted, but revealing his face to royalty was against official Equestrian law.
"I am sorry, my mistress but remember the law?" Fortaancus said to Luna's gorgeously blue face.
Shining and Cadence could see where this was going so they decided not to intervene and decided to smile and watch at Luna's slight affection to Fortaancus.
"I grow tired of treating you like a slave Fortaancus, as of now you are now a part of our society, you are free to choose the life you desire." Luna said as she faced looked into Fortaancus' kind, granite eyes.
Fortaancus put aside his petty nervousness and allowed Luna to remove his cowl so she could see his face.
Luna, Shining and Cadence satred at Fortaancus with surprised eyes, he had brass-coloured hair and smooth, oval-like face. He looked so young, yet so wise and peaceful.
"You look, so young Fortaancus, but at the same time so wise and kind. Luna gasped with a hint of intimacy in her voice.
Fortaancus started to sheepishly smile as he noticed that every other pony were beginning to eye him.
"Are you not negatively surprised at my appearance? Fortaancus asked Luna
"No, I just never expected a boy to be such a powerful adversary and such an amazing individual." she said as she sat beside him and moved her head over to his chest in loving manner.
Fortaancus settled down and held Luna close to him whilst he ran his hand through her wavy mane,
"Luna, can we stay here, just for a short period of time?" Fortaancus asked quietly into Luna's ear.
"Of course, my hero."
As Luna's horn started to glow a purple aura, the sun disappeared and the moon was lifted high in the glamorous night sky of stars.
Every pony sat down and watched the night pass by, savouring every beautiful moment of it as this was the first time in several years since they saw something as amazing as this.....


Bravery watched the ponies and human in Ponyville lie down and look up at the night sky. He was at the very tip of Equestria's atmosphere, he circled the planet at lightning speed and teleported before materialising on a mountain top.

Zenita materialised next to him and stood beside him as they both looked out over the landscape.

"I have missed nights like this Bravery, your victory has brought happiness and hope to all of Equestria." Zenita said as he smiled from happiness himself, the first smile he had shown in centuries.

"I have to my lord, such beauty must always be savoured." Bravery replied happily.

"Bravery, I never seized the opportunity to say something" Zenita said as he looked at Bravery.
"And what is that,my lord?" Bravery asked the omnipotent deity
"Thank you" Zenita said as they both teleported back into space where they flew off in sun's direction

Bravery followed, knowing that his life was finally complete.

Comments ( 4 )

Another piece of self-insert Gary Stu wish-fulfillment. Goodness gracious.

5800262 Sorry if this was a disappointment, I just got bored and thought it would be nice to see such talented authors. Hopefully I can gain some inspiration in time. (no sarcasm)

5800538
No need to apologize, just keep practicing and don't give up. You'll come up with a winner eventually so long as you don't quit. In fact, allow me to offer my apologies for being so verbose. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Same to you, metroid freak
I will check out your account and look at your stories as well

Login or register to comment