• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 242 Views, 6 Comments

Bravery's ascension - Stucks-24_6



Set in an alternate universe Equestria where hostility has grown ever stronger, a new pony has entered the ranks of the Lunar guard: Bravery Pureblood. This stallion has always hidden his potential from society, but now that will all change....

  • ...
16
 6
 242

The Battle for Freedom begins...

Author's Note:

I want to say this is my first story and if it seems a little amateur do excuse me, I am new and uninspired at the moment so I am sure most of your stories are likely to be better than mine.

The winds that carried the white ash of destroyed homes and cities, blew past Bravery's face as he and 2 of the Divinity bolts along with 3 lunar guards and royal guards waited for the scout who was the other Divinity bolt to return to their position. The royal guard and lunar guard were scattered throughout the large patches of trees that opened up the entrance to the canyon outside Las Pegasus. In the distance, Bravery could see the dark red glow of evil eyes which belonged to the patrol guard at the top of the canyon. Nothing could get past those eyes without a distraction, if even one of the team was caught out in the open, they would die before before they noticed their mistake.

A swift sound of light wings animated from behind Bravery and his team as something laid itself down at the bushes just behind them. It was the Divinity bolt, he had returned from his scouting unseen and unharmed. "They are close, we must remain low" the white Pegasus whispered with urgency. "How many brother?" said one of the other Divinity bolts. Bravery kept an eye out through the bushes to ensure they were not being followed or tracked; his heart was thumping with anxiety and his breathing became heavier than ususal. "Two in a cross-eyed look out at the entrance of the canyon and three more in a triangular position another two-hundred and fifty metres along the canyon walls, we cannot simply sneak through." the scout explained in an aggravated way.

"I have an idea." Bravery quickly whispered ignoring the fear in his heart, "You report back to Shining Armour and I shall distract them." The Divinity bolts looked puzzled, how would he 'distract' them without being seen himself, it all seemed close to madness at this time, but they all had faith in Bravery after what they had heard from their commander: Shining Armour. He seemed stronger than they were inside and felt that they could trust this earth pony. "What will you do to distract them, Bravery?" said the Divinity bolt known as 'Skyrise' out of interest. "Symbolism" said Bravery, "During my investigations into necromancer magic, I noticed that Sombra uses a specific symbol to guide it or bound it, in the midst of this symbol, all magic seems to be depleted after a short period of waiting." Bravery did not know this for sure but I what could he say. This world needed hope and he would give it anyway he could, hope would be the end of Sombra's oncoming regime.

After Bravery carefully drew the symbol into the ground, he tried his best to stay low so he could not be seen by the watchers. Once he had finished drawing it out, he instantly made a silent dash for the undergrowth where his team had started to move east to Shining Armour's position. Bravery made it to the forest again and rejoined the lunar guard as they all prepared to make the teleport jump where two royal guard survivors defending Las Pegasus were awaiting them.

The first troop made it through the jump and stood on the other side of the canyon dazed and confused, teleportation was difficult to recover from and sometimes resulted in mental or even physical damage to those went through its rigorous process.

When Bravery was in position, Shining Armour pulled him aside for a second, "You need to stay with me Bravery, the Princesses say you are a vital asset in this fight therefore you need to be protected" Shining Armour said with patronisation in his voice. Bravery stood a little embarrassed by Shining's remark but was willing to do what his Princess wanted so he followed Shining Armour to a nearby ridge where they were hidden from the rest of the soldiers. "Shining, how can I get to the other side if I have no magic, I could only slow you down, that's how I lost my family, I was never fast enough to save them" said Bravery, disappointed by his inability to use magic. This was another disadvantage Bravery had back in his childhood, no magic meant less mobility and learning according to his family. He could never catch up with them, his family was always learning new things about magic and going to new places this was all because they had magic and he did not. Both the memories and his physical disadvantage began to dishearten Bravery until Shining Armour gently stepped over and put his hoof on Bravery's shoulder. Feeling pity for Bravery's recent statement Shining said "I will get you there myself, but that doesn't make you weak Bravery, I didn't what a true soldier was until I saw you speak out against King Sombra, besides nothing could have stopped the death of your family that's why we are doing this, to end the terror that Sombra has brought upon our beloved Equestria."

Shining Armour had once again filled Bravery's heart with hope which allowed him to put aside the grievances that gnawed at his soul. With that Shining Armour put his other hoof on Bravery's other shoulder and they both disappeared into purple void which disintegrated after they were gone, the battle for freedom was about to begin......